Abbott's Village Bakery Country Grains

Abbott's Village Bakery Country Grains

See the Best Breads in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

A very nice bread, but...

I was looking for a better multi grain bread and found Abbots bread to be that one. The only thing I was not happy with, was not the bread itself, but the Canola oil as one of the ingredients.
Drs, are seeing an increase in Macular Degeneration of the eyes of patients who eat Canola Oil.
When farmers in Tasmania fed their cattle the plant after getting the seeds, the cattle went blind for 2 days. -This was article on the front page of our newspaper. -Sunflower or Palm would be a better substitute.
When it is changed, I will buy it again.

Purchased in October 2019.

Leo

LeoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best bread ever

Hi, I was given your bread by a chartiable organisation and it the best bread I have ever tasted, The bread is now 7days old and I thought nI had to toast it but it is still fresh and soft and fresh. Form now on I will be purchasing your bread from Woolworths. Thank you Leo

Purchased in July 2019.

Kim king

Kim kingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Light Rye

I have been buying light rye bread for years, the last 3 loaves that I have bought have gone mouldy within 3-4 days - have you changed your mix ???? Feeling very disappointed in your product - not value for money

Purchased in March 2019.

country grains bread

well, it`s now country grains without the grains, the grains are now grain bits, please go back to the old.

Renee

ReneeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Abbott's Village Bakery

I have found that Abbott's Village Bakery bread is the best that I can buy in South Australia. Olga's is just terrible as are Tip Top and others. My Abbott's favourites are the Grainy Wholemeal, Country Grains and Farmhouse Wholemeal. However I do wish that Abbott's wouldn't experiment with new bread such as Sundried Tomato & Basil and Pumpkin, Sunflower Seed & Caramelised Onion, which are just awful. Every supermarket has these loaves left over on their shelves because they are not popular. I have tried both and I really cannot understand how this bakery continues these experiments with dreadful results! Oh, yes, too many air pockets in what would otherwise be perfect bread.

Brigid

BrigidCentral Queensland, QLD

Bread quality has diminished

I am a bit sad that the quality of the Light Rye bread seems to have diminished, I will go on purchasing it but now the bread slices are thinner and have far more "air holes" than previously, I used to love the rather "fudgy" texture and I would never purchase any other brand. I might just have to try "Helgas"

Decline in quality

Our bread of choice for some time. Not any more! Air holes, misshapen slices, slices stick together when freezing, slices seem thinner. Why muck around with what was a good product?

David And Paula Cox

David And Paula CoxSouth East Queensland, QLD

air pockets and smaller slices abbotts white bread

Yes slices are smaller and sometimes have air pockets we are now looking at alternatives also noticed weight is 700g compared to wholemeal 750g I have the feeling Abbott's are being sneaky.

thinner slices

not happy with the thinner, smaller slice size
find this very disappointing as I used to love this bread and am quite unhappy with the new arrangement

The best flavoured grain bread.

The Country Grain has great flavour, texture and full of fibre and I have been toasting it in the embers of a wood stove for many years. Since the repackaging I have noticed the slices on the toasting fork appear to be smaller. I would appreciate the larger slices again.

Country Grains and lighter loaf

I have been buying this as preferred for a long time. I buy online delivery from Coles and it had not been on offer in my last two deliveries. I spoke to Abbotts directly and they gave a reasonable explanation. I had feared that Coles may have dropped the line in the light of the last monhh's experience. I have mentioned this in my last comments on my most recent order but I have heard nothing in response so far..Time will tell

Lighter loaf

Not real happy that under cover of introducing jazzy new packaging, Abbott's has sneakily (in very subdued print) reduced the weight of Country Grains from 850 to 800 grams. What a pity this outstanding product has been cheapened this way.

Good Bread Bad coloured Bag

Love the bread but the black colour from the Farmhouse Wholemeal bread bag comes off and leaves a black stain on my light coloured stone bench tops and is hard to remove.

Pleas make GF white or wholemeal.????

Please make some white or wholemeal no seeds GF. as you make the best. As many people can't eat the seeds.Tks

Susan

Susan

Love this bread !

I've been coeliac for years..was making my own as first gen' g/f bread was like scone mixture..sorry to tell you it will never be the same as gluten bread but I think It is the best so far !! and yes I pay $7.40 because I know a bit about g/f flour prices...if bread goes a bit dry, pop it in the micro wave for a few seconds!

Gluten Free Bread

GF 5 Seeds is very dry, I only use it for toast. Why is it so expensive - $5.99/$6.99 when Aldi GF bread is less than $4.00 and can be used in sandwiches as it is moist.

Kat2705

Kat2705South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed in Bread having Air pockets

While i agree this bread is better than most on the market it does come at a premium price of $7.00 .My issue is the last 4 loafs i have purchased have had huge air pockets.Have contacted the company with photos of the problem with no contact back after 2 weeks!! I refuse to be ripped off and will no longer purchasing this GF bread.They clearly aren't interested in customer satisfaction or quality control.

Gluten and wheat free bread

Ronnix1960

Ronnix1960Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Abbotts village bread

I often buy this bread because of its grains and seeds, its very healthy and tastes great, its a bit on the expensive side, but you only get what you pay for, I have told a number of my friends about it, and they agree that its very nice

GustaphSouth East Queensland, QLD

2nd loaf in 2 weeks with air pockets.... Not Happy Jan!!!!

ted strockyj

ted strockyjasked

Where the bread baked/produced.

Tooster

Toosterasked

Love your Country Grains bread but after couple of days gets a white mould on the outside of the loaf . We live in tropical Queensland . Is this mould harmful? Still seems ok for toast

Hi Tooster! Sorry for not responding to your interesting question sooner; I am intrigued by the white mould that appears on your "Abbott's" bread.
I lived in Rockhampton for a few years and I know how quickly the humidity can ruin foods. I kept foods such as bread and bread like products in a refrigerator in an effort to preserve them for a bit longer. I now live in western sydney (nsw) and I now keep a couple of extra loaves of "Abbott's bread in a freezer and I take a loaf out and put it in the refrigerator the day before the current loaf is finished, this allows the bread thaw slowly overnight and is still moist and fresh. I know this doesn't answer your question about white mould although in the past I have sliced off the affected areas and I have not experienced any health problems. May I suggest perhaps that you try contacting either "Abbott's" or a "Food Technologist" even a Dietician may be able to answer your query, in the meantime, it may not be wise to consume "mouldy bread" just in case it you have an intolerance to it.
Good luck and kind regards.

Get an answer from our members and Abbott's Village Bakery representatives