AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders

LF8C1612A (10 kg), LF8C9412A (9 kg), LF8E8411A (8 kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.1

PeteMid North Coast, NSW

Couldn’t even turn it on when unpacked

Purchased in May 2021 for $2,099.00.

Alicia F.

Alicia F.South East Queensland, QLD

Mouldy seals and detergent build up

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,899.00.

Alysha VincentSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute crap service from AEG - Do not buy! Products break!!

My AEG dryers belt broke after 12 months. My AEG washing machines plastic drum bits always fall out!! I Have been contacting AEG for the last 6 weeks and still no outcome! They sent out someone within 2 weeks who said it was the belt.... and have now been waiting 4 weeks for someone to get back to me?????? Trust it to be the one time when it’s rained every week so far! This is a joke. Having a young family and having to go to a laundry mat to wash my clothes and dry them when I have over 3000 worth of AEG appliances just over a year old sitting there. I’m about to take them back to Harvey Norman and tell them that AEG are waiting for there call to sort it out! What a joke! So much for 5 year warranty! ??

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

SV1

SV1Sydney, NSW

Very poor customer service

Sarah GSydney, NSW

Don't buy it

This machine now needs replacing and it is only just over two years old. This shouldn't be the case. AEG are sending somebody out to have a look at it.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

WaraichGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed ☹️

The washing machine came home and I started the first cycle and it didn’t work. Contacted AEG; they need to send new machine but it’s all waste of time. Or it was just bad luck

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

LStefanoVictoria

Broke after 12 weeks!!

12 weeks after purchase this thing started smoking and releasing a toxic smell into the house! Immediately unplugged and called AEG. It’s taken a week for them to send someone out to take a look. The ‘Arm is broken’ It has been horrendous with two children and a tradie running up and back to the laundromat- during a pandemic! AEG are in no hurry to replace the machine, showing little to no regard for the turmoil they’ve placed a family in. So we need our ‘paperwork’ to go up a very long chain and down again before we can even get a date for delivery!!!!! Never again AEG. We thought we were getting ‘quality’ when we spent close to $2000.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Allan

AllanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Machine is crap

Broke down after 12 months
Why did I waste $2600
Service from AEG also crap
Previous AEG lasted 16 years so clearly current product very inferior.
Will never buy anything from them or Electrolux again

Purchased in February 2019 at e&s for $2,600.00.

Dryer TypeAEG T8DHC862B Heat Pump Dryer 8kg

Dear Allan,
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further regarding AEG appliance. If you can please email AEG customer care on customercare@aegaustralia.com.au

Phil C.

Phil C.

Always breaks down and takes 6 weeks to get fixed

Ihave a AEG washer and dryer purchase 18 months ago and it has broken down 3 times already and this time it has been 6 weeks to get it fixed

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Perfect washer

Couldn’t be happier, had for a couple years, wash for 5 people and it’s always la done a good job. I also have their heat pump
Dryer which is amazing.
Would buy again

Purchased in April 2018.

JustAntsy

JustAntsyIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic washing machine

We purchased the 8000 Series 10kg Washing Machine (LF8C1612A) in combination with the 8000 Series 8kg Heat Pump Dryer (T8DHC862B). So far we've been very happy with this machine. We use it everyday to wash synthetics, cottons, woolens and silks. We use the OKOMix a lot with good results. The steam refresh feature is fantastic.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,299.00.

Kevin

KevinPeel, WA

Just Fantastic

Mark

MarkNortheast, VIC

Rubbish service and product

Washing machine been fixed twice. Customer service is a joke you never get results. Machine has never washed well from new, the 7 year warranty is a joke, I’ve spent more time fixing this machine than I did with our last 25 year old machine. My advice buy a different brand.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Sarah R.

Sarah R.Northeast, VIC

Washer has been fixed twice, lemon from the start, rubbish support.

I’m over AEG, the machine has been fixed twice, they understand there is a problem but refuse to do any more than deny us a washer (young family of 5) for two to three weeks at a time to repair it. It’s just started to display errors again refusing to complete a cycle
Note: love our dryer which we purchased as a combo. But washing machine is rubbish.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Ishouldofstucktotea

IshouldofstucktoteaSydney

Worst customer service (after Telstra... just)

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Great Machine for a large family

Washes clothes well, nothing comes out badly wrinkled, can do 3 timed washes, 1hr 07 Min, 2hr 24mins and 2hr 48min.
Lots of range of programs and very quiet and easy to use.

Purchased in March 2018.

lee

leeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this washing machine

It is quiet, very water efficient, carries a big load.
Lots of options for washing. Very comfortable it offers a woollens wash. Very interestedmpressed it has a 20 minute wash available.

Sam M

Sam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEST machine ever!

We bought our LF8C1612A 10kg AEG washing machine approx. 8 months ago.

The sleek, beautiful design looks awesome in our laundry. We also have a matching dryer.

The machine is so quiet and has a lot of settings to suit your load.

We use powder in our machine and because of the OKOMix technology, we never have an issue with clumpy bits in the machine or on the clothing! The machine spins very fast and clothes are hardly wet! - drying time is great.

The AEG customer service is also fantastic. We have lots of AEG items in our house and they have been our to fix all of our small issues with no worries. (Water flowing issues in newly built home, etc - nothing that AEG's issues).

Definitely recommend AEG products!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
mezze

mezze

I love this machine more than my husband!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

Yes it’s expensive! But it’s worth every dollar!

This washing machine is fantastic, we have always had top loaders and this is the first front loader we’ve had at home (I’ve got a front loader at my business to wash dirty tea towels for my restaurant). You cannot compare this wash quality with a Toploader, it washes one 00% better and it’s very gentle on your close. If you set it on normal a wash cycle yes it takes three hours to wash but you can change the settings and it does a perfect wash in one hour!
Compared to the cheap front loader I have at work this expensive front loader is worth every dollar!
We are very happy and highly recommend this model to anyone who is looking at purchasing a front loader or making the big change from top loader to front loader!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

nima z.

nima z.asked

8000 Series

Hi everyone,
We've bought our washing machine and dryer set from Harvey Norman today. I went to their store determined to buy the Bosch washing machine and dryer set but after having a chat with the seller, we've been told that AEG is better than the Bosh and we should definitely go with this brand. Now that I'm back home and looking at these contradictory review comments, I'm getting a bit confused and doubtful about my decision. Would anyone who has the 8kg (LF8C8412A and T8DHC846B)washing machine and dryer tell me if I should visit their store tomorrow and ask to replace these with Bosch brand or I just stick to them and see how they perform?
Your honest answers are highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Nima

Alysha Vincent

Yes go and get a different brand!!!! AEG are useless we have had multiple dramas with ours and there only a year old.

Sharon

Sharon asked

8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

Im finding my towels come out hard what setting should I wash towels?

Hi Sharon,

Kymme from AEG here.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your AEG appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Kymme at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au with ticket reference number 1782298

Kymme Cook

Alysha Vincentasked

8000 Series LF8E8411A (8 kg)

Sarah G

Hi Alysha try reviewing the product on product review with a one star then you will get a response. Maybe also do a Google review

See all AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders questions

Get an answer from our members and AEG representatives

Compare all 3 AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $2,299.00$1,999.00$1,699.00
Capacity10 kg9 kg8 kg
Household Size 5+ people3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof) and Steam Function
Energy Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 850 x 600 x 630 mm850 x 600 x 630 mm850 x 600 x 605 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,600 rpm1,400 rpm1,400 rpm
Maximum Noise Level75 db75 db51 db
Number of Wash Cycles1010
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual