AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders

AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders

LF8C1612A (10 kg), LF8C9412A (9 kg), LF8E8411A (8 kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.5

WaraichGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed ☹️

The washing machine came home and I started the first cycle and it didn’t work. Contacted AEG; they need to send new machine but it’s all waste of time. Or it was just bad luck

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDH3786GDW

LStefanoVictoria

Broke after 12 weeks!!

12 weeks after purchase this thing started smoking and releasing a toxic smell into the house! Immediately unplugged and called AEG. It’s taken a week for them to send someone out to take a look. The ‘Arm is broken’ It has been horrendous with two children and a tradie running up and back to the laundromat- during a pandemic! AEG are in no hurry to replace the machine, showing little to no regard for the turmoil they’ve placed a family in. So we need our ‘paperwork’ to go up a very long chain and down again before we can even get a date for delivery!!!!! Never again AEG. We thought we were getting ‘quality’ when we spent close to $2000.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,999.00.

Allan

AllanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Machine is crap

Broke down after 12 months
Why did I waste $2600
Service from AEG also crap
Previous AEG lasted 16 years so clearly current product very inferior.
Will never buy anything from them or Electrolux again

Purchased in February 2019 at e&s for A$2,600.00.

Dear Allan,
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further regarding AEG appliance. If you can please email AEG customer care on customercare@aegaustralia.com.au

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how AEG 8000 Series Front Loaders compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Always breaks down and takes 6 weeks to get fixed

Ihave a AEG washer and dryer purchase 18 months ago and it has broken down 3 times already and this time it has been 6 weeks to get it fixed

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Perfect washer

Couldn’t be happier, had for a couple years, wash for 5 people and it’s always la done a good job. I also have their heat pump
Dryer which is amazing.
Would buy again

Purchased in April 2018.

JustAntsyIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic washing machine

We purchased the 8000 Series 10kg Washing Machine (LF8C1612A) in combination with the 8000 Series 8kg Heat Pump Dryer (T8DHC862B). So far we've been very happy with this machine. We use it everyday to wash synthetics, cottons, woolens and silks. We use the OKOMix a lot with good results. The steam refresh feature is fantastic.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,299.00.

Kevin

KevinPeel, WA

Just Fantastic

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel AeroSense 5kg DE50F56E1
Mark

MarkNortheast, VIC

Rubbish service and product

Washing machine been fixed twice. Customer service is a joke you never get results. Machine has never washed well from new, the 7 year warranty is a joke, I’ve spent more time fixing this machine than I did with our last 25 year old machine. My advice buy a different brand.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Sarah R.

Sarah R.Northeast, VIC

Washer has been fixed twice, lemon from the start, rubbish support.

I’m over AEG, the machine has been fixed twice, they understand there is a problem but refuse to do any more than deny us a washer (young family of 5) for two to three weeks at a time to repair it. It’s just started to display errors again refusing to complete a cycle
Note: love our dryer which we purchased as a combo. But washing machine is rubbish.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Ishouldofstucktotea

IshouldofstucktoteaSydney

Worst customer service (after Telstra... just)

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

ELECTROLUX ..AEG

Great Machine for a large family

Washes clothes well, nothing comes out badly wrinkled, can do 3 timed washes, 1hr 07 Min, 2hr 24mins and 2hr 48min.
Lots of range of programs and very quiet and easy to use.

Purchased in March 2018.

lee

leeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this washing machine

It is quiet, very water efficient, carries a big load.
Lots of options for washing. Very comfortable it offers a woollens wash. Very interestedmpressed it has a 20 minute wash available.

Sam M

Sam MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEST machine ever!

We bought our LF8C1612A 10kg AEG washing machine approx. 8 months ago.

The sleek, beautiful design looks awesome in our laundry. We also have a matching dryer.

The machine is so quiet and has a lot of settings to suit your load.

We use powder in our machine and because of the OKOMix technology, we never have an issue with clumpy bits in the machine or on the clothing! The machine spins very fast and clothes are hardly wet! - drying time is great.

The AEG customer service is also fantastic. We have lots of AEG items in our house and they have been our to fix all of our small issues with no worries. (Water flowing issues in newly built home, etc - nothing that AEG's issues).

Definitely recommend AEG products!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
mezze

mezze

I love this machine more than my husband!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Signor F

Signor FPerth, WA

Yes it’s expensive! But it’s worth every dollar!

This washing machine is fantastic, we have always had top loaders and this is the first front loader we’ve had at home (I’ve got a front loader at my business to wash dirty tea towels for my restaurant). You cannot compare this wash quality with a Toploader, it washes one 00% better and it’s very gentle on your close. If you set it on normal a wash cycle yes it takes three hours to wash but you can change the settings and it does a perfect wash in one hour!
Compared to the cheap front loader I have at work this expensive front loader is worth every dollar!
We are very happy and highly recommend this model to anyone who is looking at purchasing a front loader or making the big change from top loader to front loader!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

My 20 Year Old AEG Lavamat has just Given up the Ghost

AEG Lavamat 6450 Front Load Washing Machine which I bought in 1997 in Victoria has finally got a Faulty Circuit Board, it was just Brilliant at cleaning dirty clothes, spinning. it had all the Bells and Whistles, Electronic Door opening, small wash, large wash, delicates, Woolens, silks etc. etc....
We have ordered the AEG 10kg Front Loader, I am praying that the Quality is still there, I feel quite tearful to loose my Reliable AEG.

Date PurchasedJun 2007
KLS

KLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, large machine

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Leah and Nathen

Leah and NathenPerth

Powerful machine

I highly recommend buying this machine.
I use it for all types of materials.
The washing machine takes good care of your clothes. I use delicate mode and hand wash mode for certain clothes and you can choose between cold water and warm/hot depending on what you're washing.
It has an easy 30 minute cycle for daily washing too

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rena

RenaSydney

This is a disappointing machine for the price

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Marianne

MarianneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No looking back now

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Andyasked

8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

I purchased the AEG LF8C1612AT2A Front Loader today.
My receipt says 36months Manufacturer Warranty.
On this forum I am seeing 5 years and 7 years.
What is it supposed to be?

Hi Andy,
I purchased same machine 2 weeks ago and it came with 5 yrs warranty. Some sort of special promotion was going on. When did you buy yours?

Hi Andy

We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with you. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au with ticket ref number 1520033

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kymme Cook

Andy

Purchased 30 July 2020, yesterday.

cockatooasked

8000 Series LF8C1612A (10 kg)

Can Electrolux please explain why they can't answer the most simple question HERE? The same stock response to every single question and negative review only underscores the impression you get here that the product may be okay but the customer service is crap! Can anything be worse than Telstra? OMG

Phil C.

Yes AEG is worse they just have no idea what customer service is and that negative reviews will stop other people from purchasing there products dry ok washing machine not worth it. Piece of rubbish forever broken and can take months to get fixed service agent in my area don’t care as well. Highly recommended not to purchase a AEG anything

cockatoo

Yep. Electrolux, AEG, Bosch, Samsung, Meile, Asko all seem to offer the same stock responses, or no responses at all; I've crossed just about everyone off my buy list! Are there any brands out there with a good customer service reputation?

Roeasked

can you please advise me the measurements of the 8kg washer and dryer

Hi Roe
We would like the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with you. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@aegaustralia.com.au with ticket ref number 1090859 We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Leeanne

Hi there,
These measurements are approximate as it’s difficult to be precise as they’re installed.

Dryer
Height= 840mm
Width = 600mm
Depth = 660mm

Washer
Height= 880mm
Width = 600mm
Depth = 660mm

I have stacked them and the overall height (as I have it configured) is 1740mm.

Hope this helps.

Roe

Thanks it too tall and wont fit i der my bench

Get an answer from our members and AEG representatives