Afterpay

Afterpay Questions & Answers

Kerrie O.
Kerrie O.

I have just been offered the Afterpay plus card for $9.99 a month. It appears as though you can practically use it everywhere. My question; am I assuming most places just take it? Like a dentist or my plumber or air-conditioning guy or do I have to check first?

kbouley03

My after pay is saying I have zero dollars to use. I pay on time every time. Why would they take it from me ?

Mad

I have $ 3000 dollars but they did take $300 but gave it back ....it all comes down to if you pay on time also enough money in your bank account but in saying that they definitely do stupid things and you never get a correct answer....hope this help & wishing all the best

Mad

Sorry i miss read what i wrote !!! Could be a computer problem have you contacted them ???

kbouley03

I have plenty of money in my bank. It is supposed to be automatically taken out of my account. It just doesn't make sense.

Mad

Never let them take out do it yourself that could be the problem are you on rewards ??

kbouley03

They said two payments where late but it is supposed to come out automatically.

kbouley03

So does that mean I can never use after pay again?

Mad

Never had that problem but if you're payments are late they can do that . contact then directly

Lori L.
Lori L.

I have a $2000 limit. I'm not exactly sure how it works and how it's used. Can someone please give me an explanation of how it's used? Can you use it to purchase gift cards? Thanks!!

Mad

Yes over 4 weeks but through afterpay app not much of a selection....$ 2000 just say if you spend $300 ÷ that weeks you need to pay it back but if you do online they always send a payment breakdown

Jess
Jess

It’s split into 4 payments fortnightly.
When you first use it they take out the first payment overtime they don’t take it for another fortnight.
Becareful who you use it threw as there are scams and afterpay refuses to look after their customers with fraud.
They don’t check merchants however just please be mindful.
Stick to the names that are well known
Hope this helps ☺️

Jayne OBrien
Jayne OBrien

Hi there,why can't I shop with Afterpay when I have a nil balance

Sandra_Barker
Sandra_Barker

Some stores have a minimum spend requirement before you can use it. The store can choose the amount. Sometimes it is in the fine print. I had that experience in Myer. I spent under $100 and my card was declined a few times when using Afterpay. I ended up paying with a credit card. It’s annoying, given some places will let you use it for $30 or whatever.

Mad

No ... because your credit gone

Erin N.
Erin N.

I have never had an Afterpay account before, I go to sign up and it says I already have an account. So I try my other emails and they both don’t work, so I don’t know what to do now, please help!!!

Mad

Contact them it at the front of afterpay as you log in

Felicity

It's 5am on the 3rd of march my payment is due today and I intend on paying it so why did I get an email saying I haven't paid my payment yet It's due today and it's still the 3rd of March what's the go not happy at all

ReviewingReviews
ReviewingReviews

I’m assuming it’s because they tried to take money out of your account but there were insufficient funds so they are letting you know. It’s no big deal.

That's exactly correct

Felicity

When are you going to rectify my credit limit I haven't missed a payment and actually paid my due payments early my balance was $1500 earlier yesterday then it went down to $800 I'm not the only one they're are several others the same please let me know thanks

Kind Regards Felicity Brown

Mad

That definitely will affect you

Bel

Why has my account gone from a $3000 limit to zero and all my rewards and tier have been reset to nothing ???

Peter J Ryan
Peter J Ryan

I’m not surprised with this mob I was 1K ahead in my repayments thinking I was months ahead Nope still pay more These people are on another planet!!!! Hopeless go Zip

Felicity

I've just found out there was a system issue should be updated & said payments are
Nothing being applied accordingly should be corrected within 48hrs

Found out there's a problem that will be recified within 48hrs

Ozzie

Just curious, did the issue resolve itself Felicity?

toranagrll
toranagrll

It's the app, it's laggy, freezes or has the wrong information. I have a $3000 limit but the app shows zero, I go to their website and it's fine. I pay through the website and always 2 weeks in advance. I don't use the app.... At all!

Mad

They have a phone number but they don't Answer it

Felicity

Why has my limit gone down today when I've paid all my payments on time you've taken my limit down from $1500 to $800 why please explain to me why

Kind Regards Felicity Brown

Sandra T.
Sandra T.

It is not about the limit is it about you are blocking me to use it and putting 10 dollars extra fees late fees plus blocking me even any credit card company doesn’t do that that is very unprofessional. I want to close my account asap. If l can’t use it why have it ?????? If you put charges then give 30 days period you block the person without even letting him/ her know,

Felicity

Why has my limit gone down from $1500 to $800 I've not missed a payment I actually pay early please let me know why

Wendy
Wendy

I went to use mine today, I had a $3000 limit with $770 used. Transaction was declined because of insufficient funds, so I transfered money into the account I used for afterpay, thinking that's odd, I have pulse rewards and haven't paid the first payment on the day for a very long time. Still declined for insufficient funds. I just paid for the $80 item and looked at the app when I got home. I'm now down to $800 as well. Can't call a number because they have closed their phone lines and gone all digital, messaged them in the app and still waiting for a reply.

Ozzie

Hi Wendy, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure from what I've experienced, when you make an Afterpay purchase it does a query on the bank account used to verify the account and that it has a percentage (not sure if it's 25% or maybe %50) of the transaction amount in the account before they go ahead.

Sher
Sher

You may have been declined because some retailers only accept over $100 purchase limit.Seeing yours was worth $80,maybe that was why.Myers and David J will decline you if
you get under $100.Not necessarily Afterpays fault and yes it does help if you have the first payment amount available in your account or more.Some retailers requires the 1st payment on the day of purchase even if you are mint..

Janelle

I have nil owing. Have $2000 credit. When I get to submit payment I get blank white screen. Nothing comes up declined. When I page back, it's back to payment screen & the whole process starts again

Mad

Maybe they are going broke

Janelle

Nil balance owing. Account shows $2000 credit. At checkout submit payment nothing happens, blank white screen. Payment for order not going through.

Mad

Sounds like a system error because they system approves it or decline it

Stand Up
Stand Up

You have wronged me. This needs sorting. If it's a courtroom and compensation I need so be it.

Katie B.
Katie B.

Can I get my account back in good standing after they put my spending limit to zero but I paid off my balances? How can I increase the spending limit after it went to zero?

Colin T.
Colin T.

Really not sure but did you miss payments if so I would presume they reduced you back to zero send them a message asking why good luck

Kokoda68
Kokoda68

This happened to me after missing one payment and paying the day after. Far as I'm concerned, they can take their Afterpay. Soon as it's paid off, I will cancel it!!

Gillian L.
Gillian L.

Purchased a Woolworth 200.00 gift and didn't receive it thru email. How do I use it?

Mad

Get the staff to help you ...i had $500 dollars due expire but the staff did it for me

Bebs

Hi, can you please help me receive my $500 Coles gift card I purchased on the 22/11/2022. I have received the order notification email but have never received the second email that gives me the actual electronic card from Coles to use. Please help me get my electronic card sent to me please as I have already been deducted to pay the initial amount for it in my account. Here’s the order number of this Afterpay purchase:
AUA6EDA3B26D

Please I need help as urgent as possible as I needed to use it already. Thanks

Mad

Contact coles never used a e gift

Payment come out but said declined

Payment come out but said declined

Patricia M.
Patricia M.

I have never been late with my account, matter of fact, would pay earlier than due date or pay off my balance. I went from 1600 pre approval to 0.00 no explanation at all....Would love to know the reason and why wasn't I informed of such a change because it would of saved me from being in SHOCK

Get an answer from our members and Afterpay representatives