Vibrancy, Vitality, Renew

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.6

Don't invest in this

We bought this mattress because my husband has neck issues. It broke and technician fixed. Normal sheets don't extend over the King sized. Not good value for what we paid

Purchased in April 2018.

ThefridgsterSydney, NSW

Best mattress ever

Purchased in January 2017 at Domayne NSW, Caringbah.

Hi Thefridgster
Thank you for your 5 star review. We love hearing that our customers like their new sleep surface I will pass that onto our team. Improving lives through better sleep, one mattress at a time.

DebsStuSouth East Queensland, QLD

This Bed has been a life saver for my back.

Purchased in June 2011 at Domayne.

AH Beard Bed

Bed was good for maybe 6 months now it is like a hammock and it smells not sure where or what the smell is but appears to be coming from the blow up mattress. I am unable to sleep in it I moved into spare room ... in a much cheaper bed but more comfortable and no smell. We will be calling AH Beard it is approx 15 months old. If I am not looked after I will be heading straight to fair trading.

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for $3,700.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
pommie

pommieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great for the people who have pain.

Great for our backs. Great we can choose either side for comfort, Like i like it hard, my hubby likes it not quite so hard. I have had AH Beard beds before and they have always been very helpful. We recently are having a problem with one side deflating only a little but enough to refill each day. I am sure that AH Beard will help out and don't feel i will need to be to concerned. Thank you. I notice some people had someone come out and put it together, we did not have this option even though we did ask the company we bought it from , but i would suggest if you buy one ask for this as it would have been easier for us with a back complaint as it is not a light product.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

mummytoyukicatSydney, NSW

Worst Mattess

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Henry64

Henry64Central Queensland, QLD

WORST MATTRESS EVER

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Hi Henry64
We are disappointed to hear that you didn't love your mattress. Could you DM me on this platform so that I can look into this for you.
Kind regards

Amanda

Amanda

The biggest waste of money..

The biggest waste of money, it was like sleeping in a canoe either side with a hump in the middle. It was sent back to A H Beard and lord only knows what they did to it. Another time they said it was the chambers so they exchange them and it made no difference. We have since bought a new mattress and that very pricey heap of excrement is in the shed. Love that you read other reviews and the problem is the same but when you contact A H Beard this is a one off.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

RoelfSydney, NSW

Mattress sagging

THe mattress started to sag on both sides where we sleep with a hump in the centre.

I am not sure what is causing the sagging, the spring coils or the topping. -- AH beard first took the mattress and did something to it. It was better for about a week and started sagging again.

I had to buy a Selay now which is not sagging.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,200.00.

Hi
How would you suggest I rotate the mattress to get rid of the hump in the center? Should I rotate it 90 degrees?

Ken

Ken

The SleepSence is an excellent bed

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
AH B.AH Beard

Thank you for providing a review full of facts and useful information to prospective buyers.
Sleep well
Regards
Sue@AHBeard

GrahamCWaikiki

Piece of excrement

Worse decision to buy one of these beds. Dont waste your money. Over priced and fails to meet the sales pitch info and hype. If it didn't have so much toxic material in it I would put match to it. Hoses kink so the bladder won't inflate or deflate....and slow leaks make for constant monitoring - most uncomfortable bed I have had the misfortune to sleep on.
Repeat....dont waste your money buying one if these.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Good Afternoon GrahamC
We sent you a private message on 15 June but as yet we have not received a reply.
Please can you contact me at support@ahbeard.com
Regards Sue@AHBeard

GrahamC

If we could get all of our money back and get a different brand of bed we would do it in a heartbeat.

AH B.AH Beard

Thanks for your reply. Please can you send your contact details (address and contact number) to support@ahbeard.com

Baby BearSydney, NSW

Brilliant design and comfort beyond expectations.

The most adaptable and independent style of mattress concept available with your partner. Back pain has disappeared for the first time since getting rid of the traditional mattress design ie springs after many years. Having a king spit has finally separated the motion at night with a restless partner that uniquely allows also the facility of lifting the bed at head, foot or in a zero gravity position which is very comfortable. Worth the money.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Baby Bear

Yes still sleeping like a baby.

Sagging

I brought a sleepsense bed king split. My side of the bed the mattress has sagged terribly. The mattress looks like it is warped like a banana. I am disabled and am very sad that we paid so much money for the bed and the mattress.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Morteza

Morteza

The most awful mattress ever!!!

We bought this mattress from Harvey Norman 4 month ago and since we bought it we had lots of problems, it's the most uncomfortable mattress ever as I wake up everyday with back pain , they chanded one of the mattress, pump but still there is something wrong with it as it changed to plush after sleeping on the mattress for couple of hours and I can't feel any support on my back.

Thankfully Harvey Norman Bundall have been amazing throughout the whole process and are agreeing to exchange this for another product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Josh

Josh

Awful bed and totally not worth the money!

Totally uncomfortable ! It literally caves in for a few cms (not mm's). I bought this 11 months ago. I have added a mattress protector, plus a topper and purchased the base from the same brand AH Beard from Harvey Norman. It still is an absolute waste of money. PLEASE BEWARE!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

pat

patCowell

Best mattress out

Purchased from H/norman as our Xmas present.
We were looking for another firm mattress & tried out everyone they had & it came down to 2 mattresses. We decided on this one as you can have different firmness's depending on how you are feeling. Also the best bit was that if your partner wants their side either firmer or softer it is just a small adjustment.
I just love it & don't toss & turn all night now & if i do my partner cannot feel me moving because of the 2 separate mattresses inside the one big one.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rip off

Rip off

Wouldn't recommend

Date PurchasedSept 2016
AMB

AMBNoarlunga

aching and sore

Hot and need to go to the chiro so sore and achy and bad delivery, still awaiting a call from the manufacturer have rang 3 times. Salesman was great but i did raise concerns with foam or latex due to prior problwms but he reassured me the gel infused foam would make a difference. The mattress was ripped on install after a big lump was banged back into place by two installers chipped my wall and smashed my screen door gandle against the wallthen asked if i had 3 AAA batteries as they had forgotten them!!!!
Refund please!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

bad_robot

bad_robotbirtina

Comfort, support, firmness - as you like it, but some problems for the price...

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Donna

DonnaSydney, NSW

Sceptical at first

AH B.AH Beard

Thanks for the great review

daina

dainaasked

SleepSense Range

Hi there. I have a king size bed of yours and the remote is not working. the bed is only about 6 years old. we purchased it from Harvey Norman in Hamilton NZ. who and how do we acquire a new remote? Thank you so much.

Daina Brown

DebsStu

Ring customer service they are great, the warranty is pretty good. Ours was playing up after 9yrs with a pro-rata warranty meant we only had to $150.

Hi daina,
You can call us directly on 0800 242 327.

We look forward to assisting you with your enquiry.

Regards,
Customer Care

Jaded

Jadedasked

SleepSense Vitality

One of the bladders has started leaking from one of the molded corner areas on the under side of the bladder. There is no puncture from external sources. It seems that it’s just given away probably from a blemish in the bladder material or in the moulding/welding process of making the bladder. It’s part of a Queen mattress, the whole mattress is useless now. It’s still well within warranty having been purchased fro Harvey Norman in February of 2017. What can I do to get this bladder fixed or replaced in a timely manner.

Thefridgster

Contact AH Beard. It should still be under warranty. I bought mine and recall there was a ten year warranty. Anyway they should be able to supply a new bladder. Give them a call

Claudine

I had very similar. They replaced the bladder. We had mattress about 3 months. Would never buy one again. Be persistent. I had to keep chasing it up.

DebsStu

I found the Customer Service at AH Beard wonderful & very helpful to deal with. They'll get this sorted out very Quickly for you. You just need to log your problem with them and they'll attend to it as quickly as COVID-19 transport woes allow.

Nicole

Nicoleasked

SleepSense Range

Why does the mattress setting pump it’s self up? During the night it goes to full hard. It’s driving me mental and hurting my back

Thefridgster

It sounds like you have an air leak. Mine never activates and I only check the pressure every three months. If it's under 10 years old then contact AH Beard for repair advice.

DebsStu

Definitely sounds like a problem, I'd certainly call them and get some advice. Mine came with a 20 year Pro Rata Warranty. I had an issue with mine that was 8 years old and it was losing air overnight but not pumping itself up again. The guys came out replaced the inner bladders and as they were an update on the one I had I needed a new pump and Remote, this all came in as under $200.00. Bed is perfect now.

Hi Nicole
Thank you for reaching out. Best way to get in touch is using this link, https://customercare.ahbeard.com/create-claim/
Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards

See all AH Beard SleepSense Range questions

Get an answer from our members and AH Beard representatives

Compare all 18 AH Beard SleepSense Range
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Type Memory FoamMemory FoamMemory FoamMemory Foam
SizeLong SingleKing SingleDoubleQueen
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 18 AH Beard SleepSense Range