Koala Mattress

Delivery JOKE

Very disappointed with the "delivery promise", It didn't even arrive at all, and the survey person called twice about the delivery that never happened. Had to CANCEL my order and process my refund. No questions asked.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Quality product, excellent customer service

I have a bad back and after trying few mattresses we decided to give Koala a try. We bought the mattress, bed and pillow combo. After 3 months of use I can confidently say that it has supported my back and posture every night and my back does not feel sore when I wake up.
Unfortunately we had to return the bed base as the mattress would slide on it but the process was very simple and smooth and we got refunded with no questions asked.
We are extremely happy with the mattress and pillows.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

best sleep in years

I use a CPAP machine to help me sleep plus I have a sore back. I have multiple health issue and am 78 years old. The first night on my koala mattress I had the best sleep I have had in years. I usually wake several times a night and have difficulty going back to sleep. Since my purchase of a koala mattress my sleep patterns have improved 100% and my back pain has reduced

Purchased for $750.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Takes a few days, but worth the effort.

We have been buying expensive "high quality" mattresses every 3-4 years for the last 20 years, and have always suffered from sore backs in the morning. Then the wife and I looked into Koala mattresses, liked what we read, and thought we'd give it a go. After all, they cost a third to a quarter of other mattresses, so it couldn't hurt.
Delivery was quick. We were VERY surprised at how light the Koala King-size was. No more killing ourselves trying to change sheets!
Now...the mattress does take a few days to get used to, and the instructions say exactly that. The first few nights, it felt like I was sleeping on a slab of concrete, (which is surprising seeing how light it is). But after 4-5 nights, we were both sleeping soundly, and waking up without the typical sore back!
The mattress doesn't rock you about when your partner moves, it is light but firm, and doesn't kill your back. Oh, and WAY cheaper than other mattresses!
Will be buying the singles for our kids, without a doubt.

Purchased for $1,150.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

yellow stains within the first two weeks.

I love the firmness of the mattress and have been having a good sleep on it. BUT within the first two weeks, yellow stains formed around myself and my partner. I have taken the cover off and soaked it but they are still visible. The yellow has also gone onto the foam mattress which is hard to clean. Regret not putting a mattress protector on but as per their website it says not to. I have now lodged a warranty request on koalas website after reading that others have had the same issue.

OK
Good
Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Best mattress I've ever slept on

Firm and comfortable mattress. Probably firmer than I'm used to but this is actually better. No partner disturbance. Everything about this product is great from the delivery / packaging / quality.
Will buy again in future.

Purchased for $800.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

Feels Good but Not Brilliant

We ordered and received our Mattress in October. The order and delivery process was easy. It took us a month to start using it. It feels great to sit on the bed and to lay down but unfortunately I'm waking up with a sore lower back. I went away and slept on different beds and the pain went away. So I know for sure it is the mattress as it came back as soon as I returned to my own bed. Now I'm going to have to buy a pillow topper and see if that helps as I don't want to purchase a whole new mattress.

Purchased for $1,100.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessVery Hard

service to be trusted

we bought this mattress from the time we ordered to delivery and even after delivery was true to their word the service was fast, friendly , and professional so all this on top of an amazing product comfort and the surprise we got when we opened our box was 5 star service.

TOO HOT

Koala are very fast at deliverying their product but i just sleep soo hot in this mattress. I should have sent it back before the end of the trial. Just be careful purchasing this mattress if your a hot sleeper.

OK
Bad
Sleeping PositionSide
Heat Retention Yes

Very good so far

Although I have only had the mattress for a fairly short time I can feel that I am getting a better sleep already. The mattress retains it's shape. I am satisfied with it

Purchased for $950.00.

Fantastic in every way

The mattress is very comfortable, my husband and I are sleeping better now than we have in years! I no longer feel his restless legs and no longer feels me tossing all night because of it. It initially feels so soft and luxurious then when I lay down it is supportive and so comfortable. Very happy with my choice to go with Koala.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Disappointing

Bought this mattress after reading all the positive reviews. I could only sleep on it for 4 nights before going back to my old mattress. I am small framed so found the koala mattress to be way too firm and woke up with aches and pains. The smell of the mattress is also quite strong and gave me headaches after sleeping on it. The mattress would probably be ok for a heavier larger person but for me did not work at all.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Best mattress ever no more neck pain

Best mattress I have owned.
No more neck pain.
First slept on a Koala mattress in and air b n b.
The owner of the house is a chiropractor that convinced me to buy my first Koala.
I recently purchased my second Koala mattress.
They are brilliant!
Very supportive and comfortable.

MATTRESS KEEPS SAGGING/DIPPING

Purchased one year ago, received quickly, 6 months it had a sag/dip “this isn’t something normal and is something we would like to correct for you”. This was replaced with no issues. Six and a half months having the replacement the same thing has happened! I don’t want to be getting replacements every 6 months.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Like a good relationship

My Koala mattress was extremely easy to order, quick to arrive and exceptionally comfortable to sleep on. The mattress itself has a lot of the traits you look for in an ongoing relationship: firm support, attractive looks, easy to be with and always around when needed. It was great to know that we were also sponsoring a koala - that was a thoughtful touch.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Wished I had bought one sooner!

This mattress is incredible! I ordered it at 12.30pm arrived at 2.30pm on the SAME day! Not only has my back pain disappeared but I also sleep alot cooler and according to my sleep monitor on my fitness watch I'm getting DOUBLE the amount of deep sleep that I normally get! Koala is such a consumer friendly company. Pillows arriving tomorrow!

Purchased for $950.00.

Great Mattress - Koala

I recently purchased a Koala Mattress. It is very supportive for my bad back and firm but most comfortable. It keeps its shape and I don't feel my wife move if she does during the night. It has been easy to sleep on during these hot nights and it is very reasonably priced for the quality of it. It was delivered quickly and efficiently and there is a 120 return policy. Quite amazing really - but I won't be using it as my and I are very please with the mattress

Purchased for $900.00.

Good for the first 18 months... Then... disaster

We loved our mattress for the first year.. Then it started to sag.... (see pictures). I have tried to lodge a warranty claim with Koala, but it seems to take forever.

Be warned..... This pictures show the final outcom...

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Discomfort Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Was great at first but having some issues

We really loved the mattress when it first came! However it seems there's a problem with ours as it also went yellow and sagged slightly in a certain spot. It seems to be a constant on and off issue though?

Purchased .

Good
Sleeping PositionBack and Side
SaggingYes

Love my Koala!

these is great mattress! quality product without the price tag. Comfortable, supportive and great for my neck. what I also love is that when my husband tosses and turns he doesn't disturb me. Hooray!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Great to hear! Thanks, Amy.

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Are any of the reviews for some who has had the Koala mattress for say 2 to 3 years. i have not found any ongoing reviews for that as yet. Thank you ( interested buyer)

Does the mattress only have foam and no springs?
yesYes. The finer details can be found in their website.Only place to get the answers is by checking their website or ringing them.

Hi is my koala mattress cover supposed to turn yellowish? We’ve slept on it for a couple of months and noticed the white is turing yellow all over the mattress cover. We’ve narrowed down that it could be sweat as the summer has been very hot here in Sydney. Cheers
we had the same thing and we use mattress protector. the mattress protector is still white with no stains whatsoever but the mattress and the cover both turned yellow/orange . we've only slept on it for couple of months and we don't have pets. it's definitely not sweat related as we have aircon .Hi James and Mimi, This issue has occurred for a few customers. It is to do with the weather and a reaction between the packaging and the mattress during transportation (prior to opening) In saying that, it's in no way an issue that you should be having to endure, we will gladly look into this for you and replace either the cover or the entire mattress. If you can please call our customer service team or send us an email, we will be able to start the process for you. This is absolutely covered under our warranty. In the meantime, please know that the discolouration isn't harmful at all. 1800 K SLEEP or support@koala.comyes it may be off due to the weather condition and it is very easy to remove try this https://www.treasurebox.co.nz/furniture/bedroom-furniture/mattress.html

Koala Mattress SingleKoala Mattress King SingleKoala Mattress DoubleKoala Mattress QueenKoala Mattress King
Price (RRP) $750.00$850.00$950.00$1,050.00$1,200.00
Type Latex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory Foam
FirmnessMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm