4.5 from 3,348 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.5

3,347 reviews

Carol

CarolSouth East Queensland, QLD

My koala mattress in a box

I’ve had my koala mattress for a couple of weeks. It’s firm without being hard. I have had neck problems that I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on buying new pillows without relief but this new mattress has made a huge difference. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$800.00.

Kay

KaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfort personified

Past few weeks have been the best sleep I’ve had in a while. I have noticed a significant improvement in the quality of sleep. The hip and lower back pain I usually wake up with has gone. Sitting on the edge of the bed, as it doesn’t have a rigid frame, may seem a little strange at first, but don’t be fooled, it’s a firm, comfortable, amazing product and you won’t regret it. My only suggestion use less packaging/wrap.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala Online Store for A$850.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Perceived Firmness Medium

Not as good as I expected

Purchased the mattress about a month ago to replace a 9-10 year old mattress. Mattress is very firm and the lower back issues I had are still present and may be getting worse, sometimes takes 10-25 minutes to get comfortable and get to sleep.

If the mattress was a bit softer I feel like it would be better in terms of fit for me, I will likely give it another few weeks but I have the 100 day trial, at this stage may look at returning it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala for A$890.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Caused Discomfort Yes
Perceived Firmness Very Hard

Kyle

KyleRichmond-Tweed, NSW

My daughter loves this product and she also loves the idea of adopting a Koala they are an essential part of our Country

It is simple and simplicity is Gold in this instance my daughter sleeps better than ever on her new mattress and the peace of mind knowing that she is helping one of her most beloved little creatures the Koala it’s a great thing as they need all the support they can get especially after the devastation with the bushfires! Thanks team Koala’

Purchased in June 2020 for A$620.00.

Lesley F

Lesley FSydney, NSW

How did I cope without it

My mattress is much more comfortable and supportive that I imagined after seeing the item turn up in a box that I at 67 could move on my own.
The mattress has had a positive effect on my recently replaced knee and arthritic lower back and hips.
I find I am sleeping much better after replacing my old mattress and wake up without allergies
At this stage, a month, I have not noticed at change to my mattress.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$892.00.

Phillip C.

Phillip C.Illawarra, NSW

Objectively good

Not too hard, not too soft. Keeps the warmth in during this winter. I believe it will be durable and will keep its shape and firmness for a long time.

Purchased in May 2020 at I bought it on line for A$890.00.

Matt A.

Matt A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Delivered wrong mattress

Wrong mattress delivered on Friday and I was left the weekend without it. Replacement came on Monday. Delivery was outside of specified window both times so they didn’t pick up the wrong mattress. Tried calling and emailing 4 times to get them to pick up wrong mattress with no response. Finally they responded and picked up.

As for quality, it’s a good mattress but nothing to write home about. Sleep hasn’t changed much from my old spring mattress. I think I expected it to have the comfort of a pillow top mattress, but it’s more like memory foam.

If you’re looking for a quick, convenient mattress (if they don’t stuff up your order), then it’s probably good. Otherwise, go to a mattress store and “sleep around” to find what you like.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$807.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived Firmness Medium

Great mattress, but I only wanted ONE not FOUR!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$850.00.

Very happy!

We are very happy with our new mattress. It is very supportive and both of our backs feel so much better since we’ve started sleeping on it. Would buy again!

Purchased in June 2020 for A$870.00.

Shaz P

Shaz PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pure bliss. It’s like sleeping on a cloud!

Absolute bliss to sleep on, it gives support where you need it. With hip & back problems this bed is dreamy & no more waking up stiff & sore.
The quality & durability is 5 star. I am looking forward to many years of sweet dreams on this mattress. I am in love!

Purchased in June 2020 for A$860.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
VickyH

VickyHMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best nights sleep ever!

This mattress is really supportive. Before having a Koala mattress I used to wake up every morning with a headache, but since having the Koala I’ve had the best nights sleep and wake up energised, without a headache. I would definitely recommend this mattress.

Purchased in June 2020 at Koala .

Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product and awesome service

The Koala mattress has improved my sons ability to sleep and no longer wakes up multiple times during the night. The mattress is firm but he is very happy with it and it suits his requirements very nicely. He has since purchased pillows that he is equally delighted with. The delivery process was quick and easy also. Koala is on a winning formula with their products, delivery and customer service. If this is the future of Australian small business bring it on!

Purchased in June 2020.

Habiba

HabibaSydney, NSW

High quality and worth the price

Bought a koala mattress queen recommended by two of our friends who have them and are convinced! We couldn’t be so happy and we waited a bit to get a single one for our daughter as it’s a bit pricey! But worth it!! My daughter is so happy to get this mattress and to be sponsoring a real koala as well; which is a real thing especially now..thanks Very much!

Purchased in February 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for A$800.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Carm

CarmGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Early days but very happy

Nearly 3 weeks of sleeping on my mattress and no waking up With an aching back and neck, no headaches. Mattress is firm but comfortable. Very happy with my mattress so far.

Purchased in June 2020.

Sleeping PositionFront
Praveen

PraveenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not recommended for side sleepers

I received the King size mattress couple of weeks back. Me and my partner both are getting this numbness each night. Each night we would woke up with numb hand or numb shoulder. We both are side sleeper, and never faced this issue with any of the mattresses we used in life. There is a 120 nights trial policy, so I feel I am stuck with this mattress. The mattress itself is soft and gives support when you lay down. But every night we are waking up with numbness in our hands and shoulder. After spending above $1000 I did not expect this issue. I purchased the product after reading so many reviews. But this one is not for us :( Sad, we have to stick with the mattress for another few months. Not recommended for side sleepers.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,100.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Caused Discomfort Yes
Koala
KoalaKoala

BLD

BLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incredible! Best nights sleep

We are really delighted with all aspects of the product - from the ease of purchasing online, to the after sales service. We’d been referred by a few family members and I’m so glad we listened. We couldn’t be happier with our Investment into this wonderful mattress. We’ve not slept so well in years.
Thank you!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$999.00.

KateJ

KateJSydney, NSW

Very Happy

It was easy to navigate the website and pick what I wanted. The mattress was delivered on time and is incredibly comfortable. Look forward to seeing how well it lasts but all good so far.

Purchased in June 2020 at Internet for A$850.00.

Rhiannon

RhiannonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome!

This mattress is everything. Both my husband and I are enjoying our sleep. We feel no movement when either of us move. It’s firm and cosy. The mattress was delivered super quick. The entire process has been so simple.

Purchased in June 2020 at On line for A$1,062.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adriana R.

Adriana R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value

we had to upside our mattress to a king & had heard good things about Koala & the like. Decided to give it a go & am really pleased with the mattress. Comfortable, affordable, ease of purchase & delivery is exceptional. When one person moves in bed it doesn't affect the other as much as an innerspring. Very happy.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,060.00.

Brianna

BriannaSydney, NSW

Loved it from the first night

Love this mattress because it is firm and supportive but it’s also soft on top. There is no movement when someone rolls over so you aren’t disturbed. I highly recommend

Purchased in June 2020 for A$926.00.