Koala Mattress

Just as in Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, my Koala mattress is "just right"!

I absolutely LOVE my mattress. I tried other brands and would wake up with aches. My Koala mattress is perfect - no more back and hip aches. Great support where needed.

Purchased in February 2019 for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Yay! Thanks Helen

Comfy for all sleep styles!

My Koala is incredibly supportive and comfortable, which I did not think were synonymous. My neck pain went away after sleeping with my Koala pillow, and my partner's lower back pain significantly lessened. We both are sleeping through the night and not disturbing each other getting in or out of bed.

Purchased in April 2019.

Environmental Efforts Questionable

Anyone want to go for a slip and slide on the 10 x 2.2 meters of plastic included with my Koala mattress? When asked if this was recyclable I was told yes but only via REDcycle at Coles & Woolworths and that I'd have to cut it up into A3 pieces (that's 176 pieces) before taking it to a depot. Makes me seriously question their mission statement about making an effort in regards to habitat conservation and other environmental issues!

Purchased in April 2019 for $900.00.

Excellent product with terrific service!

Sturdy mattress and a fantastic nights sleep. Don't feel the springs in your back and only took a couple of nights to find my slumber spot. Nothing but a solid nights sleep.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Thanks for your review!

Awesome service and product

Comfortable and supportive. Have had the first full nights sleep since becoming a parent 5 years ago!
The purchasing process was simple and delivery prompt. Was given updates along the whole process. Its refreshing in the consumerism pushed world to have a company deliver a fantastic product along with environmental consciousness. Thanks

Purchased in March 2019 at Koala for $1,100.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
So glad to hear you're sleeping well! Thanks for taking time to leave a review.

Absolutely worthless product

Absolutely worthless product, seems to have no real difference than my previous mattress which was 6 years old. Customer service were horrible and rude and seemed more intrested in my money than anything else. Won't be getting anymore "koala" products.

Purchased in January 2019 for $749.00.

SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessSoft

Poor quality foam

I bought a king mattress from Koala on 9 march 2016. I having issues with this mattress last year itself. The foam is started coming off from the sides of mattress
After couple of years I am got disturbed sleep because of feeling heat. Its because of poor quality foam
I am experience the back ache because of this horrible mattress. When I c/o about this to my GP, recommended to change the mattress. I bought a seally mattress for $ 920 and feeling its great.

My advice is that don't buy this poor quality mattress. They don't cover the warranty when you put claim for the replacement.

You can buy a quality mattress from reputed brands from the market

The

Purchased in March 2016 for $1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Front

So very impressed and 200% happy with Koala

So impressed. I was really nervous about buying a new mattress. But from the website experience, to the the delivery experience (so quick), to the actual mattress itself & even the ongoing customer experience afterwards (collecting my old mattress) I can say I’m very happy! The mattress is so light but so effective and supportive. LOVE! Well done Koala! Highly recommend!

Purchased in March 2019 for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Thanks Bianca!

Amazing mattress

Great quality mattress! I haven't slept this well in a long time. No more aches and pains in the morning, wish I bought one years ago. The entire process was easy and efficient.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,100.00.

Yay! Great to hear. Thanks, Brooke

Great customer service and product!

I ordered my Koala 10:30 pm on a Friday night and it arrived at 10 am on Saturday morning! The mattress has been great so far, everything that was expected. To make it even better you get free removal of your old mattress and boxes/packaging from your new one.

Koala has been great to do business with and I have had the best sleep I have in years!

Purchased in March 2019 for $800.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hey Dom, Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad you are sleeping soundly.

Extremely comfortable

From the first night sleeping on my new Koala mattress i have not had a sore back or hips. I wake refreshed and pain free. When you sit on the side it is softer than other mattresses but that not what it there for, its for sleeping on. I will be getting higher legs so my standing up from laying down is easier, as you dont have springs to help you up. all in all after 2 weeks i am very happy with my purchase. i didnt have to get used to the mattress, it was perfect for me from the first night. Cannot remove my answer further down

Purchased in March 2019 for $850.00.

What great news Vicki! Thank you for the review

Smells, really hot and sore back.

wow, it smells bad. really strong chemical smell.

basically, it's a foam mattress. so its really hot.

honestly, I tried it for a night woke up with a really sore back and reverted to my old mattress.

don't buy this.

Sleeping PositionBack
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi Luke, I am sorry for your experience. Just to put your mind at ease, the chemical smell is completely non-toxic and will dissipate with time - this can happen when our mattress gets a bit too warm in its wrapping during transit. It can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to a new maattress, however if you are finding it too firm or hot we can send out a mattress topper, free of charge to give you a more "plush" feel. If you would like any more follow up support please free to reach out to me support@koala.com

Perfect Mattress

This is a wonderful mattress which has enabled my husband and I to have a good night's sleep. We have both gotten up in the morning with little or no backache which was not the case with our previous mattress.
I especially like the fact that I don't notice when he gets in and out of bed. There is virtually no movement at all - fantastic!!

Thanks for the feedback!

No more sore back and hips

Purchased this for the spare room. Have been sleeping on it to see if all the hype is accurate. Amazing no sore back or hips in the morning. Cant believe it really is that good. We will be ordering a king in the next couple of weeks for ourselves now. Thankyou Koala

Purchased in April 2019 for $899.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium
I am pleased to hear that you are waking up pain free. How superb!

Not good for pregnant people

Real good customer service and company, but unfortunately not good for people who are side sleepers or pregnant caused very bad hip pain due to it being to hard would not recommend getting one if you are trying for a baby or currently pregnant

Purchased in August 2018 at Koala for $1,600.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard
Hi Rose, I am sorry to hear that you are finding the mattress too firm. Did we send out a mattress topper to you? This can give a more plush feel. Let us know if you would like one by sending an email to support@koala.com with your order number.

Our second Koala, no regrets

We have purchased a queen and king size Koala in the last 6 months, equally impressed. Comfy, supportive and comes packed in a compact box, best of all it's all Australian made, what can I say, don't bother with any other mattress.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,100.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
So glad to hear that you are enjoying your Koala!

Amazing, comfy and great price.

I've had the Koala mattress for almost 2 years now and it is still as comfy and fluffy as the day I purchased it.
To top it off customer support is still being helpful even now 2 years on.
Amazing customer support (thanks Patricia)

I've purchased many pillows and sheets to match my Koala mattress and they are a perfect match for my mattress, some of the best nights sleep I've had in my life and I just wish I had done this all sooner!

Thanks again to all the amazing people at Koala.

Purchased in November 2017 at Koala online for $1,050.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft
Thanks for this review!

Outstanding

My sleep has improved so much since sleeping on my koala mattress, because I’m not woken up when my husband moves. I do believe the mattress is durable. It’s the perfect mattress for sleeping with an infant.

Purchased in February 2019.

Thanks for your review, Jacqui

Love my Koala

I have had the best night sleep on my Koala mattress, perfect firmness and comfort. No more waking with aches and pains. Great value, cant recommend it enough. Just bought the sheets too !

Purchased in March 2019 for $850.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Great to hear! Thanks, Janine :)

I saved thousands. It’s really comfortable.

I replaced my 10 year old Tempur. I was just about to buy a competitor mattress for just over $6000. My sister in law purchased a Koala mattress and recommended it to me. I gave it a go because I had a 120 day money back guarantee. The mattress arrived, I unpacked it myself and it was all set. It took me 15 minutes to unpack the koala, place it on my bed, and make the bed.

I really was amazed. I will recommend this to everyone. You have nothing to lose. I just wish I took advantage of their “old mattress removal” offer.

Thank you Koala for saving me thousands.

Purchased in March 2019 for $950.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi Tom! Thanks for your review. We're so pleased you gave us a go and are finding the mattress comfy! If you do end up recommending the mattress to friends and family, we have a reward programme, too if you're interested! Here is the link https://au.koala.com/mates