Koala Mattress
4.6 from 3,095 reviews

2,573

The best mattress I've ever bought

This mattress is very comfortable and supportive. I've always struggled with waking up with hip and shoulder pain but not since I've had my koala mattress (2 weeks). I feel I get better quality sleep with this mattress. I will be purchasing a second one for my guest bedroom.

Purchased in November 2019 for $950.00.

Mark Opitz

Mark OpitzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not last 2 years

In the first year it was amazing. We have had it about 2-2.5 years and the foam is spent. Sore back, bad sleep. I have to replace it as there are 2 major dory shaped dents now. Many visits to the physio for neck and back pain and it was hard to identify the issue because the deterioration of the mattress is so gradual. Customers beware.

Purchased in September 2017 for $1,400.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft
Julito

JulitoSydney, NSW

Soft and very comfy

The mattress is very soft and comfortable. It's like sleeping on a cloud. My lower back do hurt a lot and I do not enjoy sleeping on this mattress. However, my wife, who does not have any back issues, love sleeping on it. She falls asleep quickly. She does not wake up when I stand up. She does not get disturbed. The mattress has maintained it's shape. No sagging so far.

Purchased in November 2019 at Koala.com.au for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
JPH

JPHSydney, NSW

Love the mattress

Did all my research on various types of mattresses on the market. My existing one had springs. I didn't realise how much the old mattress was hurting my back until I purchased my Koala mattress. I am very impressed and bought another for my daughter.

Purchased in December 2019 for $950.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for your feedback, it means the world to us :-)

Overrated.

I do not believe the quality of the koala mattress, bed frame and sheets is equal to the level of social media hype. I only have myself to blame for being sucked in by this Instagram hyped company. The silver lining is that this company offers free returns if you are unhappy with the product, which I intend on taking full advantage of. Overall, I am really disappointed.

Koala S.Koala

Hello there, we are so sorry to hear and we will be happy to assist you in any way !
Our email address is support@koala.com and we will gladly help

seve

seveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great mattress ;but, if you live in a cold environment you find it has poor insulation properties

Real happy with its comfort and with a four month warranty period its hard to go wrong ;however, during the autumn and winter i found it the coldest mattress i have ever slept on and really had to add a wool underlay during the autumn and winter months,never had to do that with my other mattresses -summer no problem.

Purchased in January 2018.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tammy E.Southwest, VIC

Definately a great purchase

I've had back problems for such a long time. This mattress is the best we've ever purchased. It's a little harder then our previous mattress which feels more supportive. I now get a full nights sleep.
Thankyou koala.

Purchased in October 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,000.00.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you for your amazing feedback Tammy

Emma B.

Heat Retention Yes
SaggingYes

CateSydney, NSW

Dips that wont go away

I love my koala mattress but after 6 months it has developed two body shaped dips that used to go away but no longer do. Is this normal? We are both getting sore backs and are wondering if this is why. Is there a way we can get rid of the dips?
Thank you!

Purchased in May 2019.

SaggingYes
Cate

Will do, thank you so much! It really is the bestest mattress so I would love to enjoy sleeping on it forever.

Koala S.Koala

Of course Cate, we are always here to help :-)

Paul

PaulNorth-West & West coast, TAS

So far, so good! I haven't slept this well in years!

After a lot of procrastination, I finally replaced my aging pocket spring mattress with a Koala Mattress. I'd always wanted to purchase one, and I don't regret it. If you like a mattress to be on the firmer side, you'll love the Koala mattress.

Purchased in November 2019.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you Paul for sharing your review :-)

Tracey

TraceyGippsland, VIC

I love it

The mattress is so comfortable and it soothed away all my aches and stresses of the day. I sleep better too. The mattress has maintained its shape and is soft yet firm

Koala S.Koala

Cheers Tracey for leaving a review!!

Koala fan

Koala fanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love a mattress with no springs, nothing hurts any more

Love koala mattresses as - no springs! I've managed for a while with an odd assortment of mattresses including one that had springs that I could feel if I knelt on it - ouch! Now I'm addicted to a mattress without springs, didn't know it was possible before. Love my koala mattress and my body no longer aches

Purchased in October 2019 for $650.00.

Koala S.Koala

Haha this is the best - thank you :-)

Marti Mitchell

Marti MitchellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Finally Sleeping Soundly

Weeks and weeks of product searching on mattresses and kept coming back to Koala, so we purchased one, several reasons to go with them were, being a part of their adoption plan to save the Koalas and the free pick up of the old mattress. What a surprise we got from the moment we placed the mattress on our frame my husband slept better, more restful, myself I felt odd as it wasn't quite right, 2 reasons one it wasn't was thick as my previous one and secondly it was still a little firm, I placed a mattress topper on it and I haven't looked back I sleep soundly and comfortably its one of the best purchases we have made for mattresses in 40 years.

Purchased in October 2019 at Koala.

Koala S.Koala

Thank you so much Marti for your review.
Please let drop us a line at support@koala.com if you ever need assistance with our products :-)

Jean

JeanSouth East Queensland, QLD

So Comfy - great night's sleep

The mattress is firm and supportive. Took a few days to get used to but loving it now. We don't roll into the middle as mattress holds its shape. Mattress isn't as heavy as previous one and this makes changing sheets so much easier.

Purchased in November 2019 at Online direct from Koala for $900.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Koala S.Koala

Thank you Jean for taking the time to share your feedback :-)

NeedaDryer

NeedaDryerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best mattress I have ever had

This is truly the best mattress I've ever slept on. It's comfortable, firm and very supportive. It's still new, so not sure how durable it will be, but so far, I can't fault it at all. I'm finally waking up well rested!

Purchased in November 2019 at Koala for $1,250.00.

Koala S.Koala

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Scott C.

Scott C.Sydney, NSW

It really is as comfortable as they say it is, be prepared for finding it hard to get out

Firmness and shape hasnt changed, so durability is great, the quality of my sleep has improved dramatically, i used to have some back stiffness, now i dont have any back issues

Purchased in September 2019 at Koala mattresses for $999.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Hey Scott!

YAY that is great to hear :)

Suhas Sreedhara

Suhas SreedharaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not recommended for a sensitive sleeper

Mattress overall is comfortable. I was happy with the mattress early on, but 2 years on now I am looking to sell it as it is no longer as sturdy as before, by that I mean if the person on the other side sleeping turns even a bit, that vibration is passed on to the other side and I started having disturbed sleep every night. I even sold the bed frame thinking that was to blame, but even with the mattress laid on the floor, the result is the same. I think the foam used in the mattress changes its characteristics over time. Anyways, what started out as a very satisfying purchase has now become an expensive frustration. Stay away if you are a sensitive sleeper.

Purchased in August 2017 for $999.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Koala S.Koala

Pregnant and having so much pain from the mattress

My ex had bought us a Koala queen size mattress and I am currently pregnant but he has disappeared from our lives, sadly. I used to love our Koala mattress but recently I have noticed a dip in the mattress which does not go away and it has been giving me such severe pains which is not good especially while pregnant. I have resorted to sleeping on the couch for the last week as the mattress is really uncomfortable with the dip. I wish I could get a replacement Koala queen mattress but without my ex in our lives who purchased it, it seems the Koala company cannot do anything about it. A really sad and unfortunate time for me and my unborn baby.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Sally! My condolences for this really difficult time in your life. We can possibly assist, are you able to send us an email at support@koala.com?

Thanks!

love it

Very comfy, have had great sleep since purchase. It arrived promptly. Love that it comes with a zip off mattress cover fo easy cleaning. I like that it is an eco-friendly purchase with some funds going to koala protection.

Purchased in November 2019 for $800.00.

Koala S.Koala

So glad you like it! Thanks for taking the time to submit a review :)

Peter J.

Peter J.Sydney, NSW

The best mattress ive ever slept on its amazing

Keeps its shape, very comfortable the best sleep ive ever had, no tossing or tuning , no sagging, i have a bad back and other mattress i have a bad sleep , i sleep with no pain on a koala mattress

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,250.00.

Koala S.Koala

Awesome Peter, have a lovely weekend :-)

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Sally B.

Sally B.asked

How do the mattresses go for a couple with significant weight/size differences? Im 60kg and my husband is 135kg. Hoping to find a mattress that is comfortable for us both and doesnt develop deep body impressions over time.

Hello Sally,

Thank you for reaching out.

The mattress itself will actually distribute weight evenly - so this shouldn't happen!

your purchase is also covered by a 10 year warranty as well :)

Bundyrum

Bundyrumasked

Hi, can you roll-up a Koala mattress when not in use to store it long-term?.....I was thinking of using the likes of a belt and buckle system but i'm worried the mattress would de-form??

Tammy E.

I wouldn't think so. It would be quite hard to re role.

Koala S.Koala

Hey there! You would be able to fold it in half like a taco and secure it with some rope and/or tape :)

It's pretty much impossible to re-compress the mattress once it's been opened :)

Koala S.Koala

Also, if it's stored a very long time (over 6 weeks) then there is a chance the mattress could warp or de-form. If you do plan on storing it, it's probably best to cover it and leave it unfolded

Chelsea C

Chelsea Casked

What happens to the returned mattresses? Are they sold to new customers, is this why some people have found yellow stains on theirs?

Hey Chelsea,

All returned mattresses are donated to charity :) It is illegal to resell used mattresses.
The yellowing was a small batch of mattresses all manufactured around the same time having a reaction to the heat in the warehouse & the plastic it is wrapped in.

Hope this helps :) please do email us on support@koala.com if you have any further questions

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives