Koala Mattress

perfect for us that's why we have 2 one for everyday one for holiday house

much better for my back and neck problems positive effect
sleeping much better now both my husband and myself hubby sleeps like a baby now
so far so good both mattresses are great, firmness is just right

Purchased in January 2018 for $899.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hey Maggie! YAY so happy to hear you are enjoying your Koala mattress :) Have a great day

Amazing company with such incredible service and so happy with the mattress and topper!

I’ve now been sleeping on the mattress for about a month and I couldn’t be happier with it. Initially tried the mattress on its own but it was a bit firm but with the koala soft mattress topper it is absolutely perfect. So thankful for the company for all their help and the service. Definitely recommend!

100% Bliss in a box!!

My Koala has delivered everything that it promised it would. It’s supportive, firm but not hard, just super comfortable and I haven’t found myself tossing and turning in my sleep like I used to. I like that it’s lighter than my previous spring mattress too. I’ve bought a few mattresses over the years but none have made me as happy as my Koala. Definitely worth the price considering how long it’ll last.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala.com for $890.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Sweet Dreams; Thank you Koala .

We have been looking for our perfect mattress for some time now; we paid >$3k for our last mattress and didn’t consider it as value for money at all. So imagine our surprise when we saw Koala ads on line for a third of the price; we asked ourselves, is this too good to be true??? So we took a gamble and it has paid off. The complete end to end process from ordering/payment to delivery and self installation was very easy and hassle free.
So, we have had the Koala mattress for approximately two weeks now, and so far it’s just amazing; we wake refreshed with no pain, something we unable to do with our previous expensive mattress. The Koala mattress provides us with a restful and well supported sleep; I now find it very easy to sleep in. It’s only early stages yet; but Thank you Koala.

Nice and Comfy

I have only had my mattress a couple of weeks. I have found it to be firm but also comfortable. It takes a few days to get used to. I am getting a better night's sleep and mostly wake up feeling okay. Sometimes I'm a bit sore but I put that down to what I have been doing during the day and age. So far the mattress appears to be durable. I will be interested to see how it is in a couple of months. At this stage I am very happy with it.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,090.00.

Great mattress

I had a tempur for a long time and found it too hard on my back,we decided to get a new mattress,we decided on a Koala mattress it was a great choice.

Purchased in September 2019.

I needed a change

I have been not really been sleeping on a cheap mattress so after recommendations from my daughter I purchased my Koala. Quick delivery. I am 6ft and 125kgs and it took me a few days to adjust to the firmness of the Koala. The bed heats up from my body mass and in saying that the heat disperses quickly. I am sleeping better and being the big bloke I am so is the person next to me as they don't move when I do. Worth the money and the guarantee is great as you won't use it. Beware it comes in box as its wrapped in plastic and unfolds to a mattress. Enjoy

Purchased in September 2019 for $950.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

best decision in a long time

Have needed a new mattress for about a year now but most were too expensive and finally found one in my price range and what a good decision, no more tossing and turning or waking with a sore back. The Koala mattress is quite firm and suits me to a tee, no regrets and can recommend it without question. Only had it for about 2 weeks so can't comment on how long it will stay firm and comfortable.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $800.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Loving my ache-free back!!

Thank you Koala for the very prompt delivery (to Regional WA) of our new mattress. I now wake up ache-free, it’s warm, comphy and brilliant in getting rid of most of the partner disturbance. Zzzzzzzzzz

Purchased in August 2019 for $900.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Honestly the best mattress I’ve had ever

Whether I’m sleeping just me or friends this mattress suits everyone super the king is nice and spacious and even with three in the bed it’s super supportive and is great for all sleeping styles

Purchased in July 2019 at Koala for $1,200.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Very happy with my new comfy mattress

My son was very happy when he bought a bed, mattress and pillows from Koala. On his recommendation I decided to get a mattress myself. Gone are broken sleeps and sore backs, a great product, you will not be disappointed. Anthony Conway

Purchased in September 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $850.00.

too hard for me!

I’m pretty disappointed, I purchased a koala after reading all the amazing reviews about how comfy, some even saying cloud like.

I decided to get a new mattress as I been having back pain and thought a new mattress might help.
I know there’s a adjustment period, but I just find it way too hard for me.
I have woken up sore in so many new areas of my body and I just can’t go to sleep.
I even had to put pillows under me just to get some relief from the pressure of the mattress. I’m have always had a medium feel mattress, but feel this is on the too firm side for me.
I’m trying to give it a bit more of a go but after 4 nights of hardly any sleep, not sure if I can.

Purchased in September 2019 for $900.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessHard
I am really sorry to hear that you are finding your koala mattress too firm. We are more than happy to send out a courtesy mattress topper that can give a more "plush" feel. It can also take a bit of time for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Please do send an email to support@koala.com along with your order number, as we would love to have you sleeping soundly.Hey Koala, thanks for the reply. I will send your a email, I will give the topper a go and see if it helps.

Should have ordered sooner!

Awesome mattress. Non-disturbance is best feature. Nice and firm too. Sleeping much better! Staff great & the collection and recycling of your old mattress is a very handy and brilliant service.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala for $1,100.00.

Best Mattress

The Koala mattress is the most comfortable yet supportive mattress I've ever slept on. My sleep is now more sound because when my wife moves around during sleep, I don't feel it. As yet, I haven't noticed any sagging in the mattress and given it's guaranteed for 10 years I hope it will maintain its shape for many years.

Purchased in August 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,000.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

We love it.

We have had our Koala mattress for over three weeks now and we have had the best nights sleep. The process for purchasing the mattress was so easy, l ordered it at 10:15am and it was delivered by 1:15 the same day l have never had service so excellent before. L would recommend Koala to everyone thank you Koala.

BETTER SLEEP

I purchased the Koala mattress in July and found it to be very supportive, it is not too hard and not too soft. It certainly is much better than my old mattress by far and my sleep quality has improved. So far it has maintained it's shape and firmness and haven't noticed any sagging. Plus the company offers a 90 day trial, no questions asked return policy if you're not completely happy with it which is great and it is relatively inexpensive at $950 for a queen size mattress.

Purchased in July 2019 for $950.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Koala-where have you been all my life?

At last a soft, yet firm mattress that fulfills both mine AND my husband’s needs. We have had it for 2 weeks now. I suffer from neck and back issues and could never find the right balance of a soft and luxurious feel as well as firm enough to offer good support. I can’t believe I bought a Mattress without trying it out first, but Koala’s policies of offering true and honest customer satisfaction was good enough for me. I also love that when my husband moves my sleep is not disturbed (I am a light sleeper). This mattress is truly as advertised. After 25 years, there’s no looking back! I’ll be spreading the word for sure. Thank you for a great product Koala Team!

BETTER SLEEP

I have been sleeping on my Koala mattress for a couple of months now and find it very supportive and I am in my eighties and have heavy arthritis in my back and neck and am sleeping like a log.

Best mattress ever

I love my new mattress. Had been having aches and pains all over (especially back and neck) for some weeks and assumed it was work related, then twigged that a new mattress might help (I had an expensive but eight year old innerspring). Came across Koala online quite by accident. Affordable, simple and very clearly explained. I think it was the fact I could get it delivered that day that was the clincher. Excellent service and communication all the way. Really like this company and their approach. As for the mattress, so easy! Aches and pains improved from the first night, as did sleep quality. It’s just right - and my cat & dog love it too. And brilliant that I could arrange for the old mattress as well as the new packaging to be hauled away. Any company that makes my life easier gets my vote.

New King Mattress

We bought our first Koala mattress 5 years ago. We loved it so much we’ve bought a new one and used the old one for a new guest room. We’ve also bought both our boys Koala singles. Very happy and highly recommended!

Purchased in August 2019 at Online for $1,100.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

I'm in the process of returning my mattress due to being too firm for me. Like others I noticed a yellow tiger stripes pattern. Is it fine sending back like that?
Hi Stuart, are you sending it back under the 120-night trial? If so that is absolutely fine, if you are unsure send an email to support@koala.com along with your order number and we can help you out.

So i only just got a koala mattress and my dog weed at the end of the bed it went through the blankets and its now i can smell it all at the end of the mattress without the cover on it , am i able to get get cleaned by a pro or should i do it myself and if so how do i clean the wee smell out , so worried its foam and i dont wanna stuff it ..
Hi there, I just asked our support team and they recommend taking the cover off and washing it thoroughly then spot cleaning the mattress with mild detergent. I hope this helps

We got our mattress late December 2018. For about the last 2 months I have noticed there is an indent where my partner lays and a dip in the middle of the bed which causes me to roll into the centre causing back pain..are we meant to rotate the mattress? It's only 8 months... surely this is not right?
Hey Nicole! Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Koala mattress, this doesn't sound right! If you could please send us an email to support@koala.com our warranties team will be able assist you :) Thank you!

Koala have been one of the major players in the boxed-mattress industry since it first began gaining traction in Australia. There are thousands of reviews on this page, so we've taken a cut of the most recent reviews and done a deep dive into the data from them. We'll use these reviews to answer some of the most pertinent questions regarding the Koala mattress.

The segment of reviews we have taken data from is comprised of 230 reviews published between Feb 6th and Aug 23rd 2019. At the time of writing, this represents roughly 8% of the total number of Koala Mattress reviews.

Is the Koala Mattress good value for money?

Our reviewers have given the Koala Mattress and average rating of 4.2 for Value for Money, which is very positive. Even a number of reviewers who gave an overall negative score still stated that the Koala represented good value for money.

Suitability for those with neck or back issues.

Of the 230 users surveyed, 94 stated they had pre-existing neck or back issues. Of these people, 85 of them (90.4%) said that their Koala mattress did not caused further discomfort.

Sleeping Hot

If you hate waking up during the night feeling too hot, this might be the mattress for you. 94 reviewers said they felt the mattress did not retain heat, compared with 39 who said it did (97 people did not respond to this question).

Sagging

In general, we found that the longer someone had owned their mattress, the more likely they were to complain about their mattress sagging. While only 35 reviewers said their mattress sagged, these people had owned their mattress for an average of 449 nights (just under 15 months), as compared to the 156 reviewers who had not noticed any sagging, who had on average owned their mattress for 79 nights (about 2.5 months).

How does it feel to sleep on?

Most reviewers agree with Koala's own assessment of their mattress as being of "Medium" firmness. You can see a breakdown below:

Perceived FirmnessNumber of Respondents
Very Soft4
Soft23
Medium127
Hard34
Very Hard7

Sleeping Position

There wasn't a significant difference between Front, Back, or Side sleepers - they all rated the mattress pretty positively. Note: reviewers were able to select more than one preferred position.

Sleeping PositionAverage RatingNumber of Respondents
Front4.323
Back4.062
Side4.2158

Longevity

Most people don't want to replace their mattress every year. Ethical consumption is becoming an increasing factor in purchasing decisions, and people expect their mattress to last. While 71% people indicated it only took a few days for them to adjust to their new mattress (as opposed to weeks or months), we did see a correlation between length of ownership and increased rates of dissatisfaction with the product. In general, reviewers who gave a lower rating were more likely to have owned the mattress for longer than the 120-night trial period. The 49 reviewers outside this trial period gave an average rating of 2.4 stars, while 176 reviewers still inside the trial period rated the mattress 4.6 stars.

The 29 reviewers who gave a 1-star rating had owned the mattress for an average of 14 months, while the 153 reviewers who gave 5 stars had owned the mattress for an average of 9 weeks.

Wrapping Up

While reviewers rate the Koala as great bang for your buck, and it seems like your bad back won't be any worse off for sleeping on it, we did notice that many positive reviews come from users who have owned the mattress for around 2 months. However, Koala do offer a limited 10 year warranty that covers physical flaws and visible indentation due to normal use, in addition to their standard 120-night trial period. As always, have a read through the reviews, and if you have any questions, you can post them in our Q&A area and a Koala representative or a helpful member of our community will get back to you.

Koala Mattress SingleKoala Mattress King SingleKoala Mattress DoubleKoala Mattress QueenKoala Mattress King
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $750$850$950$1,050$1,200
Type Latex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory FoamLatex and Memory Foam
FirmnessMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKing
Thickness23 cm23 cm23 cm23 cm23 cm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)