Koala Mattress
4.6 from 3,170 reviews

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Sleeping Position
    • Side (365)
    • Back (124)
    • Front (51)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (361)
    • I never got used to it! (53)
    • Weeks (34)
    • Months (2)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (47%) · No (53%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (19%) · No (81%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (21%) · No (79%)
  • Sagging Yes (15%) · No (85%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Medium (293)
    • Hard (78)
    • Soft (45)
    • Very Hard (24)
    • Very Soft (10)

J4gS9

J4gS9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect so far (1 month) Hope the sagging issues in other reviews dont happer over time!

The customer service - 5/5. It's a comfortable mattress, the back/neck issues seem to have stayed albeit not gone worse,too early I suppose.
Durability comes with time hope other reviews are wrong

Purchased in January 2020 for $950.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Hey there J4gS9

We are so glad you are liking your mattress. We hope it's only up from here!!!

Jamcan

Where is it actually made?

The mattress was too firm . Koala responded quickly, the solution being a free topper . The bag says “Australian owned and made”, the label attached to the topper “Made in China”. Koala have chosen not to post my feedback on their website so here it is.

Purchased in January 2020 for $850.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Koala S.Koala

We are sorry to hear you have had this experience!
If you would like, you are more than welcome sending us an email at support@koala.com, and we can help clarify some things for you!

Jamcan

About time Koala was more honest with their advertising then. And as for the fact you cherrypick reviews to post on your website I find this unethical. I would not have bought this product if the full facts were disclosed. Very, very disappointed.

Hasn’t lasted

The delivery of the mattress is very convenient and at first it is great. I’ve now owned it for 2.5-3 years, though, and I have to say that is hasn’t lasted very well. The mattress is sagging in some parts and has lost a lot of its firmness. I am now looking to replace it.

Purchased in January 2017 for $800.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Lisa

LisaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Sags... wouldn’t recommend

Customer service is amazing but it is unfortunately let down by the product. Our original mattress sagged and was replace free of charge and now our mattress has sagged again. Maybe best as a spare mattress that’s rarely slept on rather than an everyday mattress. Disappointed with product.

Malcolm D.Perth, WA

Comfy

Have had the mattress for a week and it is so comfortable. Waking up feeling a lot more rested. I would recommend the mattresses to anyone. Easy to order, got a great deal and delivered right on time.

Purchased in February 2020 at online for $600.00.

L Wade

L WadeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mattress didn't last a year

The customer service side of purchasing is excellent. Which is likely why Koala gets so many positive reviews. But the quality of the mattress itself is pretty poor. I purchased a Koala mattress a little under a year ago. The mattress now has two compressed foam indentations where we lie. In fact it's quite uncomfortable to roll out of these divots as they are now so deep int the mattress. So less than a year later I'm looking for a new king mattress again. Unlikely I'll do the boxed mattress thing again as clearly they just don't last.

Purchased in April 2019 at koala online for $990.00.

Elliott C.

Elliott C.Sydney, NSW

Easy to buy, very comfortable

Very easy to set up.
Comfortable mattress. Medium firmness.
Sleep has been good since getting this mattress.
The koala mattress feels durable, it hasn’t developed any depressions.
I am able to sleep comfortably even though I can get a sore back from work.

Purchased in January 2019.

Hey Elliott
We are so happy you are loving your mattress :D

Amazing! Have recommended to all my friends

My sleep quality has been greatly improved. The mattress has no sagging after 2 months use, and is still nice and firm. It is also very comfortable, have added a topper.

Purchased in January 2020 for $950.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Koala S.Koala

We are so glad you love your mattress Brittany :)

Nadia Gant

Nadia GantSouth East Queensland, QLD

Is not durable

We have had our Koala mattress for 2.5 years and I’m disappointed to report it has been showing signs of indentations and loss of shape for quite a few months.

Both my husband and I are waking up with stiff necks and jaws and my husband is now getting pins and needles in his hands. We have tried multiple different pillows hoping that would be a solution.

Purchased in July 2017 for $1,000.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft

Hey there Nadia
We are so sorry to hear you are having some issues with your mattress. If you wanted to get in touch with us at support@koala.com, we might be able to help sort out a warranty claim for you.

Joel

Joel

Junk that doesn’t last the year

Beware the slick marketing campaign that encourages people to review the delivery service etc within the period in which this mattress does not sag. If you want a mattress for 6months then this is the one for you. Otherwise stay away and find another. Don’t be sucked in by the influencers and the Instagram account. It is cheap junk and the support is sub par.

Purchased in March 2019.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Koala S.Koala

Sorry you've had a bad experience if you want to get in touch with us @supportkoala.com.

DO NOT PURCHASE. Invest in quality for your back!

I had to get this mattress replaced due to sagging and it’s also happened with the replacement, causing me significant back pain. I will be asking for a refund now.

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Nice comfortable Mattress

Great mattress but when you sleep near the edge it collapses and I nearly fall out of bed. Strange it does not do this on my wifes side? We bought the bed just after christmas 2019 and bought the bed base two days ago in the hope this would stop the sagging at the edge. Unfortunately it did not. I have noticed a significant pain relief in my back though.

Purchased in December 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $900.00.

Koala S.Koala

Sorry you've had a this issue if you want to get in touch with us @supportkoala.com we can sort something out :)

Matt G.

Matt G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Junk - don't waste your money

Owned for 9 months or so. Queen size.

There is no support if you like sleeping closer to the edge.

Half of the mattress has collapsed in the past few weeks. Now have to go buy another new mattress in under a year.

Absolute junk. Don't waste your money.

Purchased in May 2018 for $1,000.00.

Alex R.

Alex R.Sydney, NSW

Amazing mattress, fast and friendly service

Great mattress when you get use to it!
No sagging noticed
Easy hassle free delivery with updates!
Honestly makes it easier to buy with the trial instead of wasting time checking stores all day!

Purchased in October 2019 for $800.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Koala S.Koala

Thanks for the great review Alex!

Lee

LeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute Garbage and a scam.

Purchased in July 2019 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,200.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived Firmness Very Soft

I love going to bed !

My old mattress gave me severe back issues so I decided it was time to try something new! A koala mattress! At first I didn’t like it much it was low profile and felt completely different compared to my old pillow top ! ( which was only 7 months old ) I tossed and turned the first night and abit on the second night too after 4 days I thought no this bed is not for me! So I called koala to come pick it up! Booked pick up was a week away so I ordered another brand mattress slept on that for 1 night pulled it off my bed and put my koala straight back! Cancelled my Koala pick up I absolutely love going to bed ! I wake up with zero back pain I have the best most comfortable sleep now ! Highly recommend a koala

Purchased in January 2020 for $900.00.

Koala S.Koala

Hey Angie, thanks so much for the review! We are so glad to hear you are loving your mattress now :D

Jenny Childs

Jenny ChildsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Mattress I've ever had

After years of poor sleep I've finally been able to get a good 8 hours sleep every night since my Koala mattress arrived. The mattress is supportive without being too firm and yet soft enough to avoid pressure on my hips and shoulders.
The ordering and delivery process was efficient and smooth, being able to order online with same day delivery was fantastic.
I would highly recommend Koala mattresses to all my friends and family.

Purchased in January 2020.

Koala S.Koala

We are so glad you love your mattress Jenny!!!

C and M

C and MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Koala First Class Service and Product

We have been very satisfied with the whole Koala experience the order and delivery were hassle free and on time.
We have found the mattress to be comfortable and supportive, to date it cannot be faulted and we are very happy with our purchase.

Purchased in December 2019.

Koala S.Koala

We are so happy to hear you guys are loving your mattress :D

A better night sleep for all.

My back is feeling much better. This mattress is the same where ever you lay .
No signs of sagging .At first i thought it was just too hard , but now i am used to it i am feeling way better in the morning !!!

Purchased in December 2019 for $900.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Koala S.Koala

Thank you so much for the review! We are glad you love it :)

DRH

DRHSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Hot Spots

We have been using the KS mattress for 4 weeks. No hot spots. Light and easy to make. This is a mattress for sleeping - can't feel partner moves, and VERY comfortable, right mix between soft and firm. Although it is not a mattress for sitting on the sides - as it is not as firmly SUPPORTED OR CONSTRUCTED as other mattresses, we bought it for sleep improvement - no hot spots- and we have that. GREAT.
Service, delivery and follow up is EXCELLENT. Packaging is superb and the sheets come in delightful boxes - but a tad over done as usually the boxes are recycled....although it is recommended to use for storing other things.

Purchased in January 2020 at Koala Living Online Store for $1,410.00.

Koala S.Koala

We are glad you like your mattress!
I'll also pass your thoughts along to the rest of the team :)

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

As it is polyurethane foam-based, Koala mattresses disperses weight evenly. Unlike spring-based mattresses, you do not need to routinely turn or rotate your mattress.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Anushri G.

Anushri G.asked

Can a koala mattress be kept tightly rolled and stored for years after use as someone has given me his rolled koala mattress that was being tapped and before i untape it just want to know whether this mattress would still be the same?

Anushri G.

Anushri G.asked

Hi there,

My friend has given me his koala mattress which was kept in his house rolled and tapped after 3 years of use as they were not having any room left to use it. Now i am going to unbundle it as it was tightly tapped and rolled. My question - will that mattress be still usable and same as quality ?

I don't see why not

Hey there Anushri
This shouldn't cause any issues at all! It might be worth leaving it for an hour or so, just to allow the foam to regain its full size properly :)

KJW

KJWasked

Am I able to store the mattress for a few weeks standing on its side or will this deform it somehow?

Hey there KJW
This shouldn't cause any problems at all. If something does happen, please don't hesitate giving us a shout :)

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives