Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

A wonderful bed...Thank you!

I find the Koala a very comfortable and supportive mattress! So much so I purchased another entire unit including a Bed Base, for my spare bedroom. Many thanks for such a wonderful product!

Purchased in April 2021.

Review collected in partnership with Koala

Ad

The solution to all my problems!

I have struggled with a chronic back injury for the past couple of years and I have always struggled with falling asleep. I got the Koala Mattress last year and I haven't had any issue with sleeping. I wake up with no pain and now and can get on with my day and complete all my responsibilities.

Always Very Good service

Kola living seem to be on of the leading mattress company although there are thing that can be improved with their service. Product quality is up to the standard that was expected.

Find out how Koala Mattress compares to other Mattresses

Toxic smell still there after one week of off gassing

The smell of the mattress when we unpacked it was so toxic and gave us both minor headaches and we’re not people particularly sensitive to smells. We’ve been airing it for 6 days, spread bicarbonate soda for 24 hrs on the mattress as advised by koala and sprayed with eucalyptus oil and the mattress is still has a toxic VOC smell. We’ve emailed Koala to hopefully address this issue for its future customers and we’ve sadly been really disappointed by the whole experience due to the smell.

Purchased in April 2021.

Julia
Julia

Thanks for being so helpful. That’s correct, we have been in touch with customer service so hopefully can sort the issue out ASAP.

Kayleen T.

Kayleen T.Hobart, TAS

Sleeping with no pain, amazing

I purchased a double mattress in April 2021. Firstly the mattress arrive much faster than expected, secondly, this is by far the most restful nights sleep I’ve had in years. The Koala is soft yet firm, so hard to describe the feeling. I can’t wait to get back into it every night. I’m comforted by the 10 year replacement warranty. Awesome mattress, I would recommend.

Purchased in April 2021 at Koala Living Online Store for $750.00.

Brooke P.

Brooke P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn’t stand the test of time

Purchased our queen sized koala mattress in January 2017. Chose koala due to positive reviews, especially as I am prone to lower back pain. Found it very comfortable and supportive, arrived quickly as advertised. My husband and I both enjoyed sleeping on it. However, after 3 and a half years the mattress really sagged where each of us sleeps, to the point where my husband was experiencing neck pain. It was next to impossible to sleep in the middle of the bed as you would be laying on a mound in the mattress. For a thousand dollar mattress I would expect far more durability.
Update:
Koala replaced our mattress under warranty. We will wait and see how mattress number 2 fares!

Purchased in January 2017 for $1,000.00.

davidhearschSouthwest, VIC

The Best Mattress Hands Down

My mattress arrived in only 2 days to regional Victoria the mattress was the perfect comfort for me with my job i do a lot off travelling and stay in many different hotels around Australia Without doubt the Koala mattress is the most Comfortable Mattresses ive slept on thanks koals

Purchased in March 2021 for $850.00.

davidhearsch

I Was Offered A Firmer Cover To Put On Top Of My Medium Mattress But Never Received It

Krissy and her tribe.

Krissy and her tribe. Goulburn Valley, VIC

Mumma’s bed rest solution ❤️

Absolutely amazed this godsend product, (queen size koala) came in a box straight to my door within 4 days and we in the country. I would highly recommend even if you think your current mattress is amazing I strongly urge to upgrade to this amazing company not only do they treat you like your a princess with customer service there true to there word. Very very very happy mumma !

Purchased in March 2021.

GailSouth East Queensland, QLD

A comfortable mattress ,as is any foam....but does not last.

We bought a KING koala mattress 4 years ago. Loved it. Very comfortable. But after a year I noticed hollows in each side where we sleep. They just got deeper. My back started to get sore and in the mornings it was dreadful... I tried turning it and trying to lie in different areas but no. After 4 years it was so bad ( and my back) we turfed it. Bought a "normal mattress " again. Viola...my back aches have gone.!
Then I read a review from another woman who had exactly same problem.
These are no better...or worse than any memory foam mattress. Sorry.

Purchased for $999.00.

Sleeping PositionSide

Belinda G.

Belinda G.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect!!! Can’t sleep without it!

We are currently between two houses & two consecutive nights in the new house with our old custom made mattress and I immediately purchased our second koala mattress & frame. No more aches and pains, only quality sleep. My partner & I suffer from spinal pain, but not sleeping on our Koala! We will never sleep on any other mattress/frame! Highly recommend!!!

Purchased in February 2021 for $1,200.00.

Review collected in partnership with Koala

Dream sleep night.

The most comfortable mattress ever. It’s now over a month since I purchased this mattress and my nights sleep is much better, also feel refreshed on waking.
I strongly recommend the quality and comfort.

Purchased in March 2021.

Inconsistent comfort between mattress sizes and annoying customer service

I purchased a queen mattress because our king single mattress was so comfortable.
Koala sent a topper which did not improve comfort level. I ended up buying a sealy and requested a credit towards a sofa bed. The best the customer service could do was send me another queen mattress with topper. That I can not use because I already purchased a comfy one from sealy. Computer says no customer service was very irritating to deal with. Now I have a in the box mattress and topper that I have to try and sell. Frustrating customer service model.

Purchased in August 2017 for $850.00.

Kelly J M.

Kelly J M.Central Queensland, QLD

Owned a Koala for 5 years

Purchased in July 2016 for $1,100.00.

Very comfy but measurements short

I did alot of researching reviews before buying. We actually loved the comfortable feel of the mattress but the measurements are shorter than stated by about 3 or 4 cms. We were sent a second mattress and it was still a little short, and the design had also changed making this mattress a bit softer, which we didn't want. Customer service very good, but unfortunately the mattresses didn't work for us. On further reading of reviews I also worried about future sagging and some saying theirs got mouldy? Maybe why a new design..

Purchased in January 2021.

kel

kelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sagging after only 6 months

Langridge

Langridgepakenham

King mattress but shorter than true king

We have had our mattress for nearly a week, while comfortable in the middle the sides sag very badly when you sit even for 1 second and I found this to be concerning so soon. More concerning is the fact that we do not feel this mattress is true king size and have been left with what seems to be quite a large gap (approx 3inch)while fitted on our existing base. We live chatted with the customer service team and were informed to give it 10 days to fully expand! So far no growth in length has occurred with the expansion process. Will keep you updated.

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,000.00.

sedky

sedkyIllawarra, NSW

Hard as a rock

Purchased in January 2021.

toffeepop

toffeepopAU

Not the greatest

Purchased in September 2017 for $1,000.00.

Ad

THE BEST customer service!!

Great mattress, so comfy, and truly the most excellent customer service of any company I’ve ever bought anything off. Legends! Great quality, gorgeous bed base and super helpful and friendly. Love it :)

Purchased in February 2021.

Julia T.

Julia T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long lasting and comfortable

It’s been exactly 1 year since I started sleeping on my koala mattress and I decided it’s time to write a well overdue review.

I’ll start of by saying I love the mattress because it ticks the most important boxes, it’s made well, it’s comfortable and when you wake up on a koala mattress you’re reluctant to get up.

Frequently Asked Questions about Koala Mattress

Do I need to turn or rotate my Koala Mattress?

Like any mattress, it is important that you rotate the Koala Mattress from head to foot on a regular basis throughout its life to help create more even settling of the comfort layers and dispersal of weight throughout the entire product.

This is especially important within the first few months of use. The Koala Mattress has been designed so you don’t need to flip or turn it over as part of regular maintenance.

Is there a weight limit to using a Koala Mattress?

The mattress has been tested with several weighted dummies, up to 240 kg (530 lbs), and is suitable for most, if not all body types.

Why do I feel hot when using a Koala Mattress?

A foam-based mattress warms up more in comparison to conventional, spring-based mattresses after some use. Koala recommends changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet if you feel warm.

Do I need a bed base with a Koala Mattress?

A Koala Mattress works with any bed base type, including slat and ensemble bases. Koala recommends that you do not use your mattress directly on the floor for hygienic reasons.

Latest Consumer Questions

Sineadasked

Koala Mattress

Does the bed base creak after a while? Even if we move and our current bed creaks, it wakes the baby :(

G’day Sinead!

Great question and we're glad you asked! The Timber Bed Base ought to help you have a peaceful night’s sleep, goodness knows that the last thing you or your little one need is to be rudely interrupted. Those sweet snoozes are too important and we’ve got some solutions to help!

Our Paddington Bed Base is our upholstered base, and because it’s got a little more cushion for its pushin’, it’s less likely to creak, so it's another option to choose from :)

We also have our 120-night trial, to try it out from the comfort of your very own home! So, if you find your bed base is keeping you up at night, we’ve got you covered. Just get in touch and our awesome Customer Care team will get you all fixed up!

If you have any other questions or if we can help with anything at all, please just give us a buzz on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com - we’d love to hear from you!

Sinead

"Cushion for the pushin".. i'm mortified!! :D Thanks so much.. I look forward to trying it out :)

Hannah L.

Hannah L.asked

Koala Mattress

I recently got my Koala bed and loved it. Considered the winter is coming I put an fitted electric blanket and a mattress protector on. Now it has lost that softness. Wonder if there is any solution of this. If the mattress does get dirty it would be hard to clean?

G’day Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out, let's make sure you're as cosy as can be during the cooler months!

We’re speaking with the experts (our Product Managers) at the moment to get you all the answers you need. We'd love to find out a little more so we can make sure we get you those soft snoozes, if you would like to reach out to our Customer Care squad on 1800 575 337 or send us an email at support@koala.com?

We use a flame retardant stockinette and no nasty chemicals, to keep you safe! Just in case, remember it’s always best to check the instructions on the electric blanket to make sure it’s suitable too.

The mattress' cover is super-easy to remove and clean, but you can also spot clean the foam on the mattress with a little bit of warm water, then make sure it’s dried completely in the shade before putting the cover back on! You can see more about how to keep your mattress spick and span here: https://au.koala.com/products/koala-mattress

Please reach out if you'd like to chat through more, we're here to figure out the best bet for you and how you sleep!

JAcQasked

Koala Mattress

moving house ... can i roll my king koala mattress for transport
or any other ideas ?

G'day JAcQ,

Thanks for getting in touch! A new house - how exciting!! Don't worry, it's not difficult at all to get your Koala mattress into your new digs.

Rather than rolling the mattress up, we suggest folding it in half and securing it with a rope (or something similar) to travel. Just keep in mind that leaving it folded for a long period of time can impact the foam, so don't keep it folded for too long!

We hope your move goes well, and that you and your mattress love your new home! If we can help with anything else just let us know! :)

JAcQ

i am looking at getting another two koala beds for my new home
as i have sold all of my crappy beds

G'day JAcQ,

You're very welcome! We know theres a couple of lovely new Koala mattresses that would love to call your place home!

If you need any help with making the purchase or if you have any further questions, we love having a chat so just give us a call on 1800 575 337 or drop us an email at support@koala.com :)

The Koala Dream Team

Get an answer from our members and Koala representatives

Compare all 5 Koala Mattress
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $750.00$850.00$950.00$1,050.00
Type HD Polyurethane FoamHD Polyurethane FoamHD Polyurethane FoamHD Polyurethane Foam
FirmnessMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueen
Thickness23 cm23 cm23 cm23 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 5 Koala Mattress