ALDI Bauhn Noise Cancelling Headphones (Jul 2016, Nov 2016, Jul 2017)

See the Best Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Incredible value and effective performance

These must be amongst the most reasonably priced noise cancelling headsets on the market.

They are highly effective, especially taking into account the price. Frankly, they are not as good as Bose or Sennheiser, but neither are they anywhere near the price!

Also, they have quality features you wouldn’t expect at the price, including a rechargeable battery and an attractive hard sided carrying case.

I have found them to be comfortable to wear on long flights.

Well worth considering, especially for the budget conscious.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Surprisingly useful in general but designed specifically for flying.

As an audio-nerd I was pleased that the noise cancelling worked in general but it wasn't very strong in normal life. You basically don't use it - audio is a bit strange so you leave the power off and they sound quite good with talk or music. I then discovered their trick: they are tuned for jet engines. On a flight the NC tunes out engine roar like a boss! It's clearly the aim of their programming etc. It means that you're a bit annoyed when you have to take them off and suddenly the jet engines sound loud. It also means you can hear stuff well on flights without blasting the volume. After one flight I felt like I got a really useful bargain with these. If those Bose QC35s are simply too much to justify, these are well worth having for regular flights. 1/10 of the price, more than half the performance. Boom.

These are not 5-star performance but given the price, they're the best value NC headset I've heard of.

They sit on your ears instead of surrounding them, so they're not as comfortable for hour after hour. It makes them much more compact but I take them off every so often to give the ears a rub.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great Sound, Great Price

I have had many earphones and head sets in my time. Some top of the range and others so top of the range. I decided to take a gamble and purchase a simple pair of Bluetooth headphones from Aldi (not expecting much). To my surprise they are actually decent quality and are perfect for what I needed them for. Big ups and recommended. These come and go from time to time at Aldi but if they are advertised and you looking for something affordable and easy I recommend them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Not the best

Not the best headphones that I have had. Only bought to try out the noise cancelling feature since all the others are really expensive.

This is the corded version and they do have the cordless version which is $30 more expensive. I got mine for about $40.

When the active noise cancelling feature is on, it can still hear people talking. Sometimes even clearer which is kinda strange, but it cancels out deep noise like cars / construction noises.

However, when active noise cancelling isn't turned on, you will notice that the balance between the left and right ear isn't balanced at all. It's softer one side. Not sure if mine is broken but that is what I've noticed.

The battery really last. Not sure about other brands since I don't own any other noise cancelling as they are way over priced. Each charge can last about 1 week to 2 weeks depending on your usage as well. It uses a micro USB cable as the charging cable. You will have tons of these lying around your house.

In the package, it comes with an aeroplane adapter, a pouch to store your cables and a micro USB cable and of course the headphones.

Quality wise, I would say, it's not top notch, but for the price, it's made pretty well. It doesn't feel tight, and rest comfortably on my ears.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great value noise cancelling headphones

These headphones may not be the same quality of Bose, Sony or other high end noise cancelling headphones, but for a fraction of the price, they don't disappoint.

I recently used them on a long haul flight to the USA and were great in cancelling out the drone of the engines and general cabin noise.

They are comfy to wear and offer great battery life (usb charged). If you don't have a few hundred dollars for a premium brand, I'd definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

i think they are great especially the price.

I love my BLUTOOTH headphones. Which I purchased at Aldi's and I specially loved the price at Aldi's, $39.99.
I also have the WIRELESS headphones for my TV, also purched from Aldi, for the same price.
I use the wireless pair with my TV, and my BLUTOOTH headphones with my Laptop Tablet and iPHONE.
So thank you Bauhn for this great product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Bluetooth noise cancelling $79

All good for using to lessen plane noise overhead. Long charge. Can turn on nc without music. Reasonable comfort would buy again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Just what I needed

I bought these for a flight to europe as a attempt to reduce the noise and they work great. Most fof teh plane and backgound noise is reduced to a hum meaning the headphones can be a lot softer when watching a movie. Battery life is really good. Cant go wrong for $39

Amazing Quality

This product is amazing. For only $40, the sound cancelling technology is quite good and the sound quality is up there with any expensive over-ear headset. The battery also lasts quite long. Its a shame that this product has been discontinued. It came with a travel adapter which makes it the perfect travel companion.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good cancellation - don't expect great audio

I bought three pairs when they came up at our local Aldi. The noise cancellation is very effective. Unfortunately, I found the audio quality less than optimal but concede that I'm pretty fussy. I saw all the glowing reports here and gave them another shot, but no. Did I get a dud batch? The mid-range is harsh and dominant and the change in sound when the noise-cancellation is switched in is dramatic and not for the better. Personally, they go from lo-fi to unlistenable. But I appreciate the average punter doesn't recognise really good sound and these may suffice. Certainly as noise-cancelling ear-muffs I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Good for Travelling

The main points: both the active and passive noise cancelling works well, the battery life is great, and they continue to work if turned off or flat without active noise cancelling.

So for under $40 they are great value, they don't even look particularly cheap (the picture on this article is for a different set of headphones which has probably been discontinued - the description doesn't refer to a particular model nor does Aldi).

However, don't buy these as your primary set of headphones - the sound quality isn't great (they sound kind of muddy), they aren't particularly comfortable (this is good and bad - if they were looser the passive noise cancellation wouldn't be as good), they grip your neck if you put them there when not wearing them, even turned off they have a noise while charging (via USB), and they are also particular susceptible to mobile/RF interference again even turned off.

I would not want to wear these every day, nor say while on a long walk, but while travelling or while at home with a migraine while the flatmate is watching a movie at maximum volume they are a sanctuary, that will make such dull roars much more tolerable. The battery life is great you might find yourself leaving it on for a long journey even if you only listen to music for a fraction of it! Like all noise cancelling headphones the noise won't be inaudible, but it'll be lowered in volume, hopefully enough that you can sleep or otherwise enjoy the media you have on your phone, tablet or laptop.

I can't score these "great" given the somewhat lacking sound quality or the detachable (double ended) 3.5mm stereo headphone cable these connect with - the latter does the job but is a bit short and seems inferior to having a permanently connected tangle free cable (even alot of sub $10 headphones can be found with tangle free ribbon cable I think)

They fantastic best buy

I bought 1 pair and they are so good that I bought a second pair for my wife. They are as good as the more expensive brands which cost hundreds more.
Also bought a pair for a friend and she could not thank me enough.
Wound highly recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Can't sleep without these!

The best headphones I have ever used to sleep on an international flight. The are very comfy and the white noise that they produce cuts out the rumble of the jet engines. You can have the white noise on with it without music and if the batteries die, you can still have just music playing.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointed with new model with rechargable battery

Have old model with normal batteries and it is great. Bought new model for my wife and she complained that it hurt her ears and is uncomfortable as the new model has insufficient padding around the earpiece. Otherwise a great product for the price. Please use the previous design as the depth inside the earpieces is too shallow, resulting in unbearably sore ears.

Does the job

I just purchased this headphone for my upcoming flight trip from Aldi for only $39.
I knew how good it was because my husband bought it last time it was on sale and using for the flight entertainment and I regretted that I didn't bought it. It doesn't cancel baby crying but remove all that annoying hissing noise.

Another great Bauhn product

After using a friend's very expensive noise cancelling head phones, I wasn't sure that a pair costing $39 was going to be of any value. I was wrong, these headphones are great! The sound quality is amazing and the awful background noise in the plane was reduced to a pleasant hum. The rechargeable batteries lasted the whole trip (unlike the expansive model that needed changing a couple of times). The cups are very comfortable even after 10 hours of non stop use.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great product, sounds is actually really good!

I purchased these headphones a few days ago from Aldi and they are honestly amazing for the small price tag. The sound is as good as my sisters beats headphones! I am amazed. The only downside is I couldn't buy another one as it is only available in Aldi Special buys, every now and again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Just purchased two pairs.

Even without noise cancelling these are good 'phones. Listening to music from my mobile phone whilst using my noisy PC they almost completely got rid of the PC drone. In the quiet music pieces there is low level hiss when the NC is turned on but the fidelity is better, if a bit bass shy. With NC turned off there are less HF's and more bass. Overall sound balance without NC is a bit light on in the HF's but still very nice quality. My ears get a bit uncomfortable after awhile but re positioning the 'phones fixes that until I have to move them again. First charge took about an hour using my phone mains charger. My wife loves them and uses them with her laptop whilst studying French on line. She says everything is much clearer that the laptop speaker or the old earphones she was using. Next test will be on an aeroplane where I expect they will be very good. Even if you only want to listen to music without the NC feature I consider they are good value.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Very good product at excellent price

Super impressed with these headphones that come with a solid little case. I found the quality of sound exceptionally good for the price, Good fit and very comfortable even when worn constantly on a long haul flight. Shame they are discontinued but I would look for a similiar Brauhn product when they need replacing

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Best quality affordable price

Bought noise cancelling headphones from aldi and they work perfect like the expensive brand.. Looovvveee them and the charge last ages I forgot when the last time I charged them GREAT

Date PurchasedJan 2017