Bauhn (Aldi) Noise Cancelling

Bauhn (Aldi) Noise Cancelling

MPN: 49430

Trash

Don't work anymore even though they are barely used, never worked properly with constant bursts of static coming through and the headphones turning off randomly. These are some of the worst head phones i have ever used and even at this low price are a rip off. Definitely stay away!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Surprisingly useful in general but designed specifically for flying.

As an audio-nerd I was pleased that the noise cancelling worked in general but it wasn't very strong in normal life. You basically don't use it - audio is a bit strange so you leave the power off and they sound quite good with talk or music. I then discovered their trick: they are tuned for jet engines. On a flight the NC tunes out engine roar like a boss! It's clearly the aim of their programming etc. It means that you're a bit annoyed when you have to take them off and suddenly the jet engines sound loud. It also means you can hear stuff well on flights without blasting the volume. After one flight I felt like I got a really useful bargain with these. If those Bose QC35s are simply too much to justify, these are well worth having for regular flights. 1/10 of the price, more than half the performance. Boom.

These are not 5-star performance but given the price, they're the best value NC headset I've heard of.

They sit on your ears instead of surrounding them, so they're not as comfortable for hour after hour. It makes them much more compact but I take them off every so often to give the ears a rub.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Aldi noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones.

You usually get what you pay for... so for bang for the buck, these headphones are absolutely sensational!! They are comfortable, noise cancelling, great sound.. although I do use them for radio, not music.. and the rechargeable battery lasts for hours and hours.. I keep expecting them to discharge and they don’t! Awesome for me and for my 3 year old granddaughter and the endless episodes and repeats of Peppa Pig!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

They work....and I’ll tell you why!

Purchased these puppies in June 18 from the local Aldi intending on using them on a long haul flight. Decided I’d try them out and listen to the footy one night with the headphones plugged into my iPhone. Sitting in bed, minding my own bussiness, listening to the footy and BOOM! My eyes started to water, nostrils involuntarily flaring, lungs collapsing...I turned to look at my wife, who i see is having a giggle. Realising what had happened I asked if her fart was loud. Through her laughter she said it had been quite loud...didn’t hear a thing. The headphones work..

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Advertised as Bluetooth

Doesn’t work as Bluetooth as I thought when purchased from Aldi as Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. They Must be plugged into a device to listen to music. Comfortable ear pieces unless you wear glasses, then it hurts with prolonged use. Great sound, Not happy with ‘no Bluetooth’ on this model.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Nah

So the headphones themselves are pretty good! but they give you a foot of USB charging lead and a foot of line distance. I need it to be.. at least .. twice that length minimum.. its not long enough to reach from my head to my pc. Its not a big deal.. but not I have to EBAY to find another cord and another lead

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Sound, Great Price

I have had many earphones and head sets in my time. Some top of the range and others so top of the range. I decided to take a gamble and purchase a simple pair of Bluetooth headphones from Aldi (not expecting much). To my surprise they are actually decent quality and are perfect for what I needed them for. Big ups and recommended. These come and go from time to time at Aldi but if they are advertised and you looking for something affordable and easy I recommend them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good for the money, not so good for the ears

I've A/B'd the noise cancellation baunh's against my Bose QC35s. Of course, it's an unfair comparison but here it is anyway.
PROS
- dirt cheap
- decent (subjective) sound quality at lower to medium volume levels. Easily distorts past halfway on my S8 volume dial
- Will need some EQ'ing to get the sound right - out of the box, a bit too much on the Mids
- Once you go wireless, you can't go back
- Bluetooth connectivity was fine in my check - but I can't attest to doing a lot of testing here

CONS
- Not comfortable to wear at all. I couldn't manage to wear them for 10 mins. They are too shallow and sit on the ear, as opposed to around the ear, in my case and I don't think I have very big ears.
- The noise cancellation is not world class like Bose's - it's more subtle, you don't feel the vacuum feeling much. But I think that's also because they don't surround the ear, thus I'd have to say it's certainly not as effective, simply because it's leaking sound in but it does work.
- Produces so so Lows - not much clarity in the higher frequency range either.
- Average build quality. I don't think they would survive a daily commute for very long.

I understand why many would be reluctant to spend $300+ on noise cancellation headphones but the BOSE and SONY's are miles apart from these.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great value noise cancelling headphones

These headphones may not be the same quality of Bose, Sony or other high end noise cancelling headphones, but for a fraction of the price, they don't disappoint.

I recently used them on a long haul flight to the USA and were great in cancelling out the drone of the engines and general cabin noise.

They are comfy to wear and offer great battery life (usb charged). If you don't have a few hundred dollars for a premium brand, I'd definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

i think they are great especially the price.

I love my BLUTOOTH headphones. Which I purchased at Aldi's and I specially loved the price at Aldi's, $39.99.
I also have the WIRELESS headphones for my TV, also purched from Aldi, for the same price.
I use the wireless pair with my TV, and my BLUTOOTH headphones with my Laptop Tablet and iPHONE.
So thank you Bauhn for this great product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Bluetooth noise cancelling $79

All good for using to lessen plane noise overhead. Long charge. Can turn on nc without music. Reasonable comfort would buy again.a a a a a a a a a a Aaron a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Just what I needed

I bought these for a flight to europe as a attempt to reduce the noise and they work great. Most fof teh plane and backgound noise is reduced to a hum meaning the headphones can be a lot softer when watching a movie. Battery life is really good. Cant go wrong for $39

Powerful, too powerful...

Just bought them an hour ago.
Not too loud with my phone, but my computer is a different story. Do not listen on full volume and keep volume down when plugging in and out.
I recommend using an Equalizer to drop the 500, 600 800 and 1k hz down 4.5DB and bit more 5k and above.
Pros: Very Loud, Nice Hitting and Muting, Theatre Quality Audio
Cons: Noise Cancelling creates background noise, While bass is impressive it doesn't like bass boosting

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Amazing Quality

This product is amazing. For only $40, the sound cancelling technology is quite good and the sound quality is up there with any expensive over-ear headset. The battery also lasts quite long. Its a shame that this product has been discontinued. It came with a travel adapter which makes it the perfect travel companion.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good cancellation - don't expect great audio

I bought three pairs when they came up at our local Aldi. The noise cancellation is very effective. Unfortunately, I found the audio quality less than optimal but concede that I'm pretty fussy. I saw all the glowing reports here and gave them another shot, but no. Did I get a dud batch? The mid-range is harsh and dominant and the change in sound when the noise-cancellation is switched in is dramatic and not for the better. Personally, they go from lo-fi to unlistenable. But I appreciate the average punter doesn't recognise really good sound and these may suffice. Certainly as noise-cancelling ear-muffs I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Good for Travelling

The main points: both the active and passive noise cancelling works well, the battery life is great, and they continue to work if turned off or flat without active noise cancelling.

So for under $40 they are great value, they don't even look particularly cheap (the picture on this article is for a different set of headphones which has probably been discontinued - the description doesn't refer to a particular model nor does Aldi).

However, don't buy these as your primary set of headphones - the sound quality isn't great (they sound kind of muddy), they aren't particularly comfortable (this is good and bad - if they were looser the passive noise cancellation wouldn't be as good), they grip your neck if you put them there when not wearing them, even turned off they have a noise while charging (via USB), and they are also particular susceptible to mobile/RF interference again even turned off.

I would not want to wear these every day, nor say while on a long walk, but while travelling or while at home with a migraine while the flatmate is watching a movie at maximum volume they are a sanctuary, that will make such dull roars much more tolerable. The battery life is great you might find yourself leaving it on for a long journey even if you only listen to music for a fraction of it! Like all noise cancelling headphones the noise won't be inaudible, but it'll be lowered in volume, hopefully enough that you can sleep or otherwise enjoy the media you have on your phone, tablet or laptop.

I can't score these "great" given the somewhat lacking sound quality or the detachable (double ended) 3.5mm stereo headphone cable these connect with - the latter does the job but is a bit short and seems inferior to having a permanently connected tangle free cable (even alot of sub $10 headphones can be found with tangle free ribbon cable I think)

They fantastic best buy

I bought 1 pair and they are so good that I bought a second pair for my wife. They are as good as the more expensive brands which cost hundreds more.
Also bought a pair for a friend and she could not thank me enough.
Wound highly recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Can't sleep without these!

The best headphones I have ever used to sleep on an international flight. The are very comfy and the white noise that they produce cuts out the rumble of the jet engines. You can have the white noise on with it without music and if the batteries die, you can still have just music playing.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointed with new model with rechargable battery

Have old model with normal batteries and it is great. Bought new model for my wife and she complained that it hurt her ears and is uncomfortable as the new model has insufficient padding around the earpiece. Otherwise a great product for the price. Please use the previous design as the depth inside the earpieces is too shallow, resulting in unbearably sore ears.

Does the job

I just purchased this headphone for my upcoming flight trip from Aldi for only $39.
I knew how good it was because my husband bought it last time it was on sale and using for the flight entertainment and I regretted that I didn't bought it. It doesn't cancel baby crying but remove all that annoying hissing noise.