See the Best Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bauhn Bluetooth headphones

They are brilliant for the price. They are comfortable to wear with soft ear pads and not heavy, works perfectly with all my bluetooth devices and phone mic as well. Can comfortably go about my work around the yard and housework without them falling off, just love them.

Purchased in August 2018 for $39.99.

Noise Cancellation

Aldi has done it again! Good products and super cheap prices

These are the real deal in terms of price, music quality is excellent and they are wireless which I love so I don't have to worry about wires getting tangled or getting in my way.

Value for money!

I bought these to replace my Boise that hurt my ears after a period of time. Bauhn headsets does not and are much more comfortable. Value for money and easy to connect for the blue tooth

Purchased in February 2019.

Noise Cancellation

Headphones failed after three months

The sound on these headphones is ok without being good and better than I thought for such a cheap pair of headphones. I bought them to get the Bluetooth wireless connection to use on other devices. This worked ok if the source I was listening to (e.g. a TV) was stationary. It did not work so well if the source was moving (i.e. connected to my iPhone while walking) and would tend to disconnect. I have owned Bose noise cancelling headphones and Panasonic. The noise cancelling function in the Aldi headphones is inferior to these headphones. It dulls the noise rather than really blocking it out. The real problem with these headphones for me was that within three months the headphones would no long charge and did not work. A pity as I was hoping they might have been a cheap way of getting the Bluetooth functionality. As I was within the warranty period, ALDI were happy to refund my money but I would not buy again. For an extra hundred dollars or so it is possible to get an entry Sony noise cancelling headphone or other quality headphone. It is probably worth paying the extra money.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $69.00.

Can't complain

We have only used our headphones whilst travelling on 2 long flights, recently. We were both very happy that they performed as we expected. Quite comfy to wear too. The price was great. As I said, we can't complain.

Purchased in April 2019 at Deception Bay, Queensland for $69.00.

Toys useless

pointless for air travel or rail/bus , do some google searches there are good headphones out there with really long life batteries and great sound for a just a bit more, Aldi or Bauhn products are made to a price and never last be dollar wise and invest in something better.

Purchased in December 2017.

HE170751 Cheap and works brilliantly

Having had Bose QC35s that were now playing up the choice of Aldi posed an initial concern. Hmmm $79 vs $300+ . At least i can return them...right.

Neat package with a travel case, two prong airline adapter, micro USB cable and a 3.5mm audio cable. The headphones are bluetooth, ANC and fold well into the slim zip hardshell case. Deep grey to black colour.

The fit is good and sits overear a issue not evident in any pic or on carton. The spring fit isnt overly tight either. A comfortable fit.

Pairing using the instructions is easy. A few issues i learned:
1. ANC must be turned on and off. The headphones can have anc on when the audio etc is off. Good for sleep on a aircraft
2. Charge time is 1 to 2 hrs using micro usb. Works well my cygnett power battery
3. Why is there a audio cable,? Not all devices are bluetooth but the most important is some airlines will not allow blutooth until level flight. Makes sense.
4. Case has a small elastic pocket for the cables. Nice to keep them from rolling about
5. Audio quality is really good. As good as the bose even.
6. ANC works well on trains and in flight
7. Bluetooth cannot be used if audio cable is inserted. You use or the other eg use cable prior to takeoff or with airline adapter etc. Later remove cable and use device. Simple to use.

Do i like them...definately.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $79.99.

Noise Cancellation

For the price, these are great!

These headphones are fantastic with noise canceling. The audio quality has plenty of depth/bass but could use a bit of an improvement in the upper sounds. They definitely ARE bluetooth but are not compatible with some older devices. The headphones work just fine with my iPad and iPhone Xs Max. Also work fine on a Dell laptop. Bluetooth range is limited.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI.

It is ok

Cheap set of wireless headphones. Sound quality is ok. Used with TV is better. When used with laptop it makes a buzzing sound in the background. The headphone turns off within a minute of inactivity which is very irritating as you have keep turning it on and adjusting the volume.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Good headphones for the price

The noise-canceling feature is very effective and the sound quality isn't the best around, but for $40 it's still pretty good. There's no Bluetooth and the cord provided is a little shorter than I like, but I was able to pickup a longer cord quite cheaply so it's an easy fix. Overall they're an pretty okay set of headphones for a very cheap price.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Trash

Don't work anymore even though they are barely used, never worked properly with constant bursts of static coming through and the headphones turning off randomly. These are some of the worst head phones i have ever used and even at this low price are a rip off. Definitely stay away!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Incredible value and effective performance

These must be amongst the most reasonably priced noise cancelling headsets on the market.

They are highly effective, especially taking into account the price. Frankly, they are not as good as Bose or Sennheiser, but neither are they anywhere near the price!

Also, they have quality features you wouldn’t expect at the price, including a rechargeable battery and an attractive hard sided carrying case.

I have found them to be comfortable to wear on long flights.

Well worth considering, especially for the budget conscious.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Surprisingly useful in general but designed specifically for flying.

As an audio-nerd I was pleased that the noise cancelling worked in general but it wasn't very strong in normal life. You basically don't use it - audio is a bit strange so you leave the power off and they sound quite good with talk or music. I then discovered their trick: they are tuned for jet engines. On a flight the NC tunes out engine roar like a boss! It's clearly the aim of their programming etc. It means that you're a bit annoyed when you have to take them off and suddenly the jet engines sound loud. It also means you can hear stuff well on flights without blasting the volume. After one flight I felt like I got a really useful bargain with these. If those Bose QC35s are simply too much to justify, these are well worth having for regular flights. 1/10 of the price, more than half the performance. Boom.

These are not 5-star performance but given the price, they're the best value NC headset I've heard of.

They sit on your ears instead of surrounding them, so they're not as comfortable for hour after hour. It makes them much more compact but I take them off every so often to give the ears a rub.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Aldi noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones.

You usually get what you pay for... so for bang for the buck, these headphones are absolutely sensational!! They are comfortable, noise cancelling, great sound.. although I do use them for radio, not music.. and the rechargeable battery lasts for hours and hours.. I keep expecting them to discharge and they don’t! Awesome for me and for my 3 year old granddaughter and the endless episodes and repeats of Peppa Pig!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

They work....and I’ll tell you why!

Purchased these puppies in June 18 from the local Aldi intending on using them on a long haul flight. Decided I’d try them out and listen to the footy one night with the headphones plugged into my iPhone. Sitting in bed, minding my own bussiness, listening to the footy and BOOM! My eyes started to water, nostrils involuntarily flaring, lungs collapsing...I turned to look at my wife, who i see is having a giggle. Realising what had happened I asked if her fart was loud. Through her laughter she said it had been quite loud...didn’t hear a thing. The headphones work..

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Advertised as Bluetooth

Doesn’t work as Bluetooth as I thought when purchased from Aldi as Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. They Must be plugged into a device to listen to music. Comfortable ear pieces unless you wear glasses, then it hurts with prolonged use. Great sound, Not happy with ‘no Bluetooth’ on this model.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Nah

So the headphones themselves are pretty good! but they give you a foot of USB charging lead and a foot of line distance. I need it to be.. at least .. twice that length minimum.. its not long enough to reach from my head to my pc. Its not a big deal.. but not I have to EBAY to find another cord and another lead

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Sound, Great Price

I have had many earphones and head sets in my time. Some top of the range and others so top of the range. I decided to take a gamble and purchase a simple pair of Bluetooth headphones from Aldi (not expecting much). To my surprise they are actually decent quality and are perfect for what I needed them for. Big ups and recommended. These come and go from time to time at Aldi but if they are advertised and you looking for something affordable and easy I recommend them.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Not the best

Not the best headphones that I have had. Only bought to try out the noise cancelling feature since all the others are really expensive.

This is the corded version and they do have the cordless version which is $30 more expensive. I got mine for about $40.

When the active noise cancelling feature is on, it can still hear people talking. Sometimes even clearer which is kinda strange, but it cancels out deep noise like cars / construction noises.

However, when active noise cancelling isn't turned on, you will notice that the balance between the left and right ear isn't balanced at all. It's softer one side. Not sure if mine is broken but that is what I've noticed.

The battery really last. Not sure about other brands since I don't own any other noise cancelling as they are way over priced. Each charge can last about 1 week to 2 weeks depending on your usage as well. It uses a micro USB cable as the charging cable. You will have tons of these lying around your house.

In the package, it comes with an aeroplane adapter, a pouch to store your cables and a micro USB cable and of course the headphones.

Quality wise, I would say, it's not top notch, but for the price, it's made pretty well. It doesn't feel tight, and rest comfortably on my ears.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good for the money, not so good for the ears

I've A/B'd the noise cancellation baunh's against my Bose QC35s. Of course, it's an unfair comparison but here it is anyway.
PROS
- dirt cheap
- decent (subjective) sound quality at lower to medium volume levels. Easily distorts past halfway on my S8 volume dial
- Will need some EQ'ing to get the sound right - out of the box, a bit too much on the Mids
- Once you go wireless, you can't go back
- Bluetooth connectivity was fine in my check - but I can't attest to doing a lot of testing here

CONS
- Not comfortable to wear at all. I couldn't manage to wear them for 10 mins. They are too shallow and sit on the ear, as opposed to around the ear, in my case and I don't think I have very big ears.
- The noise cancellation is not world class like Bose's - it's more subtle, you don't feel the vacuum feeling much. But I think that's also because they don't surround the ear, thus I'd have to say it's certainly not as effective, simply because it's leaking sound in but it does work.
- Produces so so Lows - not much clarity in the higher frequency range either.
- Average build quality. I don't think they would survive a daily commute for very long.

I understand why many would be reluctant to spend $300+ on noise cancellation headphones but the BOSE and SONY's are miles apart from these.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Is aldi selling noise cancelling headphones in July 2019 Cheers

Where can I buy the foam ear covers mine are starting to deteriorate. The rest of the head phones are perfect.

I have a model LH-20 that folds. They worked great until the left side quit working. (the side with the cord) Any way to get them fixed?
Hi Miriam, Mine are the cordless Braun - which, ironically, I saw for sale again yesterday. They haven’t skipped a beat! I’d return yours. They sound faulty.

ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones (Mar 2010)ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones (Nov 2013)ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones (Jun 2014)ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones (Nov 2014)ALDI Bauhn Noise Cancelling Headphones (Jul 2015)ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones (Nov 2015)ALDI Bauhn Noise Cancelling Headphones (Jul 2016, Nov 2016, Jul 2017)ALDI Bauhn Noise Cancelling Headphones (Nov 2017)ALDI Bauhn Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones (Dec 2017)ALDI Bauhn Noise Cancelling Headphones (Jun 2018)ALDI Bauhn Noise Cancelling Headphones (Nov 2018)ALDI Bauhn Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones (Apr 2019)
CategoryHeadphonesHeadphonesHeadphonesHeadphonesHeadphonesHeadphonesHeadphonesWireless Headphones and HeadphonesWireless Headphones and HeadphonesHeadphonesHeadphonesWireless Headphones and Headphones
Price (RRP) $39.99$39.99$39.99$39.99$39.99$39.99$39.99$79.99$39.99$39.99$69.99
TypeOver-EarOver-EarOver-EarOver-EarOver-EarOver-EarOver-Ear
FeaturesNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingNoise CancellingMicrophone Included and Noise Cancelling
Colour / Finish BlackBlackBlackBlackBlackBlackBlack
Frequency Response20Hz - 20,000Hz
Connections3.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Release dateMar 2010Nov 2013Jun 2014Nov 2014Jul 2015Nov 2015Jul 2016Nov 2017Dec 2017Jun 2018Nov 2018Apr 2019
Discontinuation dateMar 2010Nov 2013Jun 2014Nov 2014Jul 2015Nov 2015Jul 2017Nov 2017Dec 2017Jul 2018Nov 2018Apr 2019

Download manual