ALDI Expressi Milk Frother (250ml, Handle)

ALDI Expressi Milk Frother (250ml, Handle)

Don’t make a career out of designing milk frothers Aldi

I swear this thing can only handle a teaspoon of milk without spewing the whole thing out onto the bench top . Also awkward to clean. I wouldn’t recommend this one unless you like bulk foam with not much else.

Purchased in October 2020 for A$40.00.

Stopped working in one month

I purchased this from Aldi, but the heating element stopped functioning in one month. Worked fine until then! I have the warranty certificate, have notified manufacturer, but they are yet to offer me a replacement.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Mihye K.

Mihye K.Sydney, NSW

Stopped working after two uses, just returned it to Aldi.

First two times it worked perfectly on almond milk then it stopped frothing, I tried it with soy milk, almond milk but it refused to work. I just returned it to Aldi.

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for A$30.00.

Milk Frothers

Find out how ALDI Expressi Milk Frother (250ml, Handle) compares to other Milk Frothers

Bad experience about to return it

Not a good product! It worked fine for a week and from then it’s temperamental- stops working or heating milk every other day. Also, it froths too much, read the manual carefully and retried couple of ways but no luck!

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$30.00.

Janet

JanetSydney, NSW

Easy to use, but short lifespan

Very reasonably priced at just under $ 30, easy to use & clean. I tend to use it for heating milk only, but not the frothing option. I mainly use on weekends when not in such a rush before work. However I’ve just purchased my 3rd Expressi milk frother in 3 years, as they just stop working for some reason. Luckily I always keep receipts & there is a 3 year warranty

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$29.99.

Alwaysinthekitchen

AlwaysinthekitchenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exceptional amount of froth Simple to use!

Not sure how the people leaving bad reviews are using this but it works perfectly..maybe too much froth not enough milk.very straight forward instructions that i recommend people actually read before using..but im pretty happy with this machine so far. 3 year warranty. So ill just replace it if need be.. i am winning i think!

Purchased in August 2019 at Aldi for A$29.99.

Musabbir Khan

Musabbir Khan

Amazing value for money, use every day without issue.

This device is perfect at what it claims to do, if used according to the manual there is no issues whatsoever with the operation of this product. It has many useful features and is definitely worth the asking price.

The frothing is consistently good and it can even froth cold.

jazzgirl

jazzgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good frother for the price

bought this in jan18 and used it for approx. 2 months. It does a really good job of frothing milk with the frothing attachment and good froth from the other attachment for latte. What I don't like about it is it's a pain to clean. The milk has a tendency to burn on the bottom which doesn't affect the taste but cleaning is not easy. I also don't like that you can only make enough for 1 coffee at a time which is not good when you have guests as you need to allow a few minutes in between frothing. I bought an adesso frother which is way better and my aldi frother has been put away in the cupboard.

Karen

KarenCaloundra

Useless

Milk barely warm and have to reheat in microwave. Capacity is way below that stated. Barely enough to fill a small coffee cup. Milk overflows when heating and leaves a burnt milk residue on the non-stick surface. Got this one to replace another that had stopped working. Won't be buying same again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Wendy M

Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this milk frother! Thanks Aldi.

This milk frother is perfect for 1 person / cup of coffee. It warms and froths just lightly after one press of the button. If you prefer very warm/hot milk, you may want to zap it before or after but I find after 2 cycles, its perfectly warm and beautifully frothy. It's easy to clean thanks to the non-stick surface inside - and it should be cleaned after every use because there is a milk scum left on the surface after heating. Never over fill past the max frothing line (like I did) or, despite the rubber seal lid, the milk will froth up under the seal through the spout on the jug. No complaints about this little beauty!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Brooke

BrookeSouth Australia

Awesome

I was all prepared to purchase an expensive milk frother when I came across this one for $28. I thought why not give it a try for that price. It’s amazing it froths and heats the milk to anyone’s liking, it’s whisper quiet and very easy to operate and clean. It’ll have your milk warmed and frothed before a full kettle has boiled. There are options to just warm the milk, not warm the frothing milk and to choose the amount of froth. I could not recommend this product enough :)

CaroS

CaroSBrisbane

So easy to use and great for soy and regular milk

The Expressi Milk Frother is easy to use and clean. Filled to the max level, it makes a perfect mug of coffee in conjunction with the Expressi Coffee machine. I always get the milk warming first as it takes a bit longer than the coffee machine's operation time.

For ease of cleaning, I always run cold water in it to cool the base heating plate and the milk residue wipes off with little effort.

Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson

Great unit & works well

Great unit. Must read instructions and not overfill. Must be wiped out, not just rinsed under tap. Very easy to clean. Even run unit on small inverter in caravan 600w. Very good value for money. Instructions read that heats to 65deg & tested it with coffee machine thermometer & pretty close 63deg.

Bradb

BradbSydney, NSW

Leaks through seal on lid every time

Even with milk at the minimum level as soon as it heats up the milk pours out through the seal on the lid. Have attempted to hold it on with no change still leaks. Heats the milk fine and froth but by the time it finished heating there is hardly enough milk left due to the lid leaking.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

RonnyCravenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Usual Aldi Shortfalls

I am moved to write this as our fourth unit has just thrown in the towel. The first two failed within warranty so presumably the "technicians" at Aldi have got them to last longer than the 12 months with the last two. It's a pity because it is very good for the price and the only downside, apart from the short life, is as mentioned the sticking of milk to a hotspot. As I write I am frother-less and trying to decide if the convenience of another Aldi one overrides shopping around. After all, these things are only a "cheat" way of getting proper steamed milk. If I opt for Aldi I will get back with a timescale when it inevitably fails.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Gribs

GribsAU

Ok

Works well, but have had 2 now and both had the milk sticking to the bottom after only a few uses. Otherwise it works as intended and froths the milk beautifully.Temperature could come out a little on the hotter side. I would recommend to others, good value for the price.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
JJ!

JJ!Frankston South

Perfect cup of coffee at home!

really great, milk is at perfect temperature. However only heats 1cup of milk at a time and needs to be cleaned between uses as milk burns to the bottom. Also only good if drinking coffee straight away, milk is at perfect temp so you can't walk away, its great to force me to sit and enjoy my coffee. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
mj5

mj5Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aldi Milk Frother

When we bought our Coffee maker the frother was included in the pack we have over used the coffee maker but this little milk frother is still going strong, I have just gone to buy and machine and saw that you can buy the frother on it's own, so no coffee machine came home just the Frother and it is great for a late night warm milk or a milk Coffee can't get passed it and it is cheap for $20 a good buy even for that little gift for someone who may need a pick me up. Aldi has some excellent products and stands buy them as well. Do Try It.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Nat

NatAU

A bit too small to make more than one coffee froth at a time!

This is a pretty good milk frother in that it works well and is quiet compared to our last one. The problem I have is that it overflows if filled too high so I only keep it at a small amount; just enough for one coffee. This slows down my coffees for guests if making for a few people! I probably wouldn't buy this product again for that reason.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Sydneykiwi

SydneykiwiSydney, NSW

Piece of Crap, worst design ever... Fail!!

whilst it does a good job of frothing it makes so much mess no matter what the recommended level is, all you end up doing is spending ten minutes cleaning up and your coffee gets cold. the lid dosent seal properly. im over it, im taking it back. would get no stars if it was an option! dont buy it there are other options on ebay!

Date PurchasedOct 2016