2.3

• Safety
Mark O

Mark OCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not a bad little saw

Bought my Ferrex 16" saw at Aldi for $99 a year ago as a back up saw for my twenty year old Husqvarna - TBH I didn't expect much for 99 bucks but now it's accounted for about 5 tons of firewood it no longer owes me anything - Just changed the OEM chain which wasn't the best and now with a decent one it cuts like a champ - Mainly cutting Iron Bark and Red Box Gum usually up to about 12" in diametre - Had no issues with starting cold or hot but it can leak chain oil a little if l leave it full to the brim - Bottom line is if you feed it fresh fuel keep the air filter clean and look after the chain it's a good little saw for occasional DIY use.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for A$99.00.

Vkoio4

Vkoio4

Has cut a lot of firewood!

Over a couple of seasons I've used my Gardenline 45cc as a backup saw for the smaller stuff, but also some heavier work. It's been pretty darned good value for being on the markdown table at $40! Always reliable to start and idle, easy to handle and no particular fuss. It powers through thick, hard timber in reasonable time. The chain is low quality of course, but has lasted until now. I enjoy using the handy tool-less adjuster, though it's probably not as robust as the typical two bolts and nuts. My saw doesn't seem to leak much oil for a Chinese unit and, unlike my 62cc eBay specials, actually does oil the chain! The fuel line has now rotted, its first failure, but one that is fixed for a few cents. So, overall, a decent little unit.

Purchased at ALDI for A$40.00.

Ferrex 3 year warranty is fake

Chain tensioner is a nightmare.
Will end up maiming or killing someone. Either that or it will fail.
As I've mentioned, here in the UK the Ferrex tools Aldi's sell with a 3 year warranty.
I've tried to claim on this ( for their Ferrex cordless 40v circular saw (Lazer always fails as (bad design- on all the time via seperate switch so burns out. Happened on all ones I'm aware of (mine and friends that's 5 between us))))
I was informed by head office customer service that they'd refund but no repair or replace available.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$100.00.

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Gardenline / Ferrex 45cc Chainsaw (Apr 2016, Oct 2016, Aug 2017, Sep 2018, Oct 2019) compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Single use chainsaw

Worked fine once last year. I drained, cleaned and stored it properly. It starts this year but won't keep running, and yes I am using correct mix of fresh fuel. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019.

accadakka

accadakkaPerth, WA

chain will not tighten anymore

Bought this one in August 2017, used it few times and replaced chain once. Today I got another chain and I am not able to tighten it anymore. Upon closer inspection noticed that screw is not turning anymore, something is broken is I don't know how to fix it. it is still under warranty as it has 36 months but I am not sure if authorized repairers are willing to repair it. unless anyone here knows how to get this one fixed and can provide detailed instructions

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI for A$199.00.

Fredo

FredoSydney Surrounds, NSW

The money is better spent in the pub

Purchased in April 2016 at ALDI for A$169.00.

Ian B03

Ian B03Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not a reliable item

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Works good but is cheaply made

Workss good plenty of power, but safety brake broke chain got hot and stretched with caused the chain to wear out the chain bar cost me $90 to get fixed as l lost my reset so if your just looking for something to use every now and then ok but not to use alot

Date PurchasedMay 2016

POS

Started once now won't start. No customer service available because the product is discontinued. Leaks fuel everywhere. Stay clear & don't purchase.
This chainsaw started once after an hour of priming & a sore shoulder. Cut 2 trees & now wont start after almost an hour again of pulling & priming.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Petrol Chainsaws

Don't buy it

Bought in February 2017 should have not bothered, oil leaks, chain easily loosens, under slight load slips spend extra go with a known brand I have used this to cut down a palm tree it couldn't keep up maybe ok with soft green wood rubbish for palms after every cut had to turn off tighten chain.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

aldi chainsaw 45cc

Could not start the chainsaw. After changing the china made spark plug with a Champion RCJ7Y spark plug. It started after 2 pulls, all good.
Do yourself a favour and a lot of arm strength, just bay the new PLUG. It does the job for the handyman around the home.

Dan

DanBendigo

Poorly Designed

Do not buy this brand of chainsaw, it is very similar to the Sunseeker brand (made in China), whereby the start recoil mechanism is too inferior to normal quality design standards and incapable of normal starting operations.
Whilst I was happy with the operating performance it is the inferior plastic used in the strating mechanism that lets it down.
I could not return the Sunseeker as the guarantee address and contact details did not exist, whereas the chainsaw purchased from Aldi did have these details and therefore managed to obtain a full refund.