See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Safety
R collins
R collinsCentral West, NSW

It has always been Very hard to start, stops running while using. Now won’t start at all. If I had the receipt I would definitely be asking for a refund

Purchased in May 2021 at ALDI.

sandra davisPerth, WA

It never started - the chord broke and when I fixed it still wouldn't start.

Chord broke on the first pull. I wasted time fixing it, re-read the instructions twice but I could not get it to work at all. Tried time and again to contact Aldi and got nowhere. What a waste of time and money.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for $99.00.

Pierre P.
Pierre P.Sydney, NSW

It's so bad DOS not start even is brand new

Not easy to start even did not start at all I did every thing the book said and did not start I did ring the support line about 4 time and every time the is they will ring u and they never did thx u for the bad service

Purchased in April 2021 at ALDI for $99.99.

tezza
tezzamelbourne

good prototype. ... thats all..

I had to try a 4 stroke chainsaw. Not keen that engine oil serves as chain bar oil too. When idlying and also cutting, it sends out a spray of oil wherever you point the saw. Very messy. Also leaks when not in use. Relatively easy to start and I have cut small ; up to 120cm ; and it works for a few hours before it overheats and we both have a rest. Powerful, and could handle a larger chain.Needs to be run monthly , otherwise the fuel gums up and starting is difficult and revs are hard to build. The idea is great , just needs some decent seals and fine tuning.

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for $198.00.

Mark O
Mark OCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Bought my Ferrex 16" saw at Aldi for $99 a year ago as a back up saw for my twenty year old Husqvarna - TBH I didn't expect much for 99 bucks but now it's accounted for about 5 tons of firewood it no longer owes me anything - Just changed the OEM chain which wasn't the best and now with a decent one it cuts like a champ - Mainly cutting Iron Bark and Red Box Gum usually up to about 12" in diametre - Had no issues with starting cold or hot but it can leak chain oil a little if l leave it full to the brim - Bottom line is if you feed it fresh fuel keep the air filter clean and look after the chain it's a good little saw for occasional DIY use.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $99.00.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue

cheap and does the job

the chain lube is way too much from factory but you can just adjust the screw so less comes out. really powerful and in my experience starts within 3 pulls

Purchased in March 2020 for $149.00.

Vkoio4
Vkoio4

Over a couple of seasons I've used my Gardenline 45cc as a backup saw for the smaller stuff, but also some heavier work. It's been pretty darned good value for being on the markdown table at $40! Always reliable to start and idle, easy to handle and no particular fuss. It powers through thick, hard timber in reasonable time. The chain is low quality of course, but has lasted until now. I enjoy using the handy tool-less adjuster, though it's probably not as robust as the typical two bolts and nuts. My saw doesn't seem to leak much oil for a Chinese unit and, unlike my 62cc eBay specials, actually does oil the chain! The fuel line has now rotted, its first failure, but one that is fixed for a few cents. So, overall, a decent little unit.

Purchased at ALDI for $40.00.

Chain tensioner is a nightmare.
Will end up maiming or killing someone. Either that or it will fail.
As I've mentioned, here in the UK the Ferrex tools Aldi's sell with a 3 year warranty.
I've tried to claim on this ( for their Ferrex cordless 40v circular saw (Lazer always fails as (bad design- on all the time via seperate switch so burns out. Happened on all ones I'm aware of (mine and friends that's 5 between us))))
I was informed by head office customer service that they'd refund but no repair or replace available.

Purchased in October 2018 for $100.00.

Worked fine once last year. I drained, cleaned and stored it properly. It starts this year but won't keep running, and yes I am using correct mix of fresh fuel. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue
SueTuggerah

Used once on small bush. Worked for 20 minutes then nothing. Chain won’t turn. Don’t bother with this one. Leaks fuel and oil Really not buying anymore electrical stuff from ALDI. Too unreliable Finally learned my lesson

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

accadakka
accadakkaPerth, WA

Bought this one in August 2017, used it few times and replaced chain once. Today I got another chain and I am not able to tighten it anymore. Upon closer inspection noticed that screw is not turning anymore, something is broken is I don't know how to fix it. it is still under warranty as it has 36 months but I am not sure if authorized repairers are willing to repair it. unless anyone here knows how to get this one fixed and can provide detailed instructions

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI for $199.00.

Heath McInerney
Heath McInerneyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

About time an affordable 4 stroke chainsaw

This saw is good on fuel. Runs nice and smooth. Ok it's not a 24" bar stihl or husky, but for what it is; it is a good saw. Ingenious how the engine oil is the bar oil. Only bad point, the file that comes with it, is soft and wears out after only 6 or 7 sharpens. That being said, new files are only about $7 at any mower/chainsaw store. No harder to start than any other saw. I have been cutting Aussie natives with it

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

will
willSydney, NSW

great chain saw works like a treat

used for cutting fire wood and large tree branches on my farm in the country new i have 4 saw all two stroke but the four stroke is just great well done .

Purchased in August 2019.

Melissa D.
Melissa D.Illawarra, NSW

Faulty product.

Safety bar won't disengage. Can't cut anything because the chainsaw doesn't work. Waste of money don't bother buying one. No video on the website either. Very unhappy with this product.

Gutsy unit .....so far so good

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi Carnegie for $150.00.

Read more reviews - page 2