2.6

• Safety

Vkoio4

Has cut a lot of firewood!

Over a couple of seasons I've used my Gardenline 45cc as a backup saw for the smaller stuff, but also some heavier work. It's been pretty darned good value for being on the markdown table at $40! Always reliable to start and idle, easy to handle and no particular fuss. It powers through thick, hard timber in reasonable time. The chain is low quality of course, but has lasted until now. I enjoy using the handy tool-less adjuster, though it's probably not as robust as the typical two bolts and nuts. My saw doesn't seem to leak much oil for a Chinese unit and, unlike my 62cc eBay specials, actually does oil the chain! The fuel line has now rotted, its first failure, but one that is fixed for a few cents. So, overall, a decent little unit.

Purchased at ALDI for A$40.00.

Ferrex 3 year warranty is fake

Chain tensioner is a nightmare.
Will end up maiming or killing someone. Either that or it will fail.
As I've mentioned, here in the UK the Ferrex tools Aldi's sell with a 3 year warranty.
I've tried to claim on this ( for their Ferrex cordless 40v circular saw (Lazer always fails as (bad design- on all the time via seperate switch so burns out. Happened on all ones I'm aware of (mine and friends that's 5 between us))))
I was informed by head office customer service that they'd refund but no repair or replace available.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$100.00.

Single use chainsaw

Worked fine once last year. I drained, cleaned and stored it properly. It starts this year but won't keep running, and yes I am using correct mix of fresh fuel. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue

SueTuggerah

unreliable

Used once on small bush. Worked for 20 minutes then nothing. Chain won’t turn. Don’t bother with this one. Leaks fuel and oil Really not buying anymore electrical stuff from ALDI. Too unreliable Finally learned my lesson

Purchased in December 2019 at ALDI for A$199.00.

accadakka

accadakkaPerth, WA

chain will not tighten anymore

Bought this one in August 2017, used it few times and replaced chain once. Today I got another chain and I am not able to tighten it anymore. Upon closer inspection noticed that screw is not turning anymore, something is broken is I don't know how to fix it. it is still under warranty as it has 36 months but I am not sure if authorized repairers are willing to repair it. unless anyone here knows how to get this one fixed and can provide detailed instructions

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI for A$199.00.

Heath McInerney

Heath McInerneyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

About time an affordable 4 stroke chainsaw

This saw is good on fuel. Runs nice and smooth. Ok it's not a 24" bar stihl or husky, but for what it is; it is a good saw. Ingenious how the engine oil is the bar oil. Only bad point, the file that comes with it, is soft and wears out after only 6 or 7 sharpens. That being said, new files are only about $7 at any mower/chainsaw store. No harder to start than any other saw. I have been cutting Aussie natives with it

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for A$199.00.

will

willSydney, NSW

great chain saw works like a treat

used for cutting fire wood and large tree branches on my farm in the country new i have 4 saw all two stroke but the four stroke is just great well done .

Purchased in August 2019.

Melissa D.

Melissa D.Illawarra, NSW

Faulty product.

Safety bar won't disengage. Can't cut anything because the chainsaw doesn't work. Waste of money don't bother buying one. No video on the website either. Very unhappy with this product.

Gutsy unit .....so far so good

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi Carnegie for A$150.00.

Steve

SteveAlbury

Ideal For Light Work

Bought this 37 cc chainsaw from Aldi primarily for light work during annual camping trips. Starts every year with 2-3pulls,nice compact size does the job great. Its not industrial designed so only good for light domestic jobs. But it does overly leak chain oil so only put enough oil in for what you need.

Purchased in February 2014 for A$100.00.

Wow - how dodgy

fuel priming problem - The priming pump seems to pressurise the fuel tank no problem but absolutely no fuel to the carby. And the chain lube leaks oil everywhere! Cant get a service shop to even look at it.

Purchased in December 2017 at ALDI.

Fredo

FredoSydney Surrounds, NSW

The money is better spent in the pub

Purchased in April 2016 at ALDI for A$169.00.

Ian B03

Ian B03Benalla

Not a reliable item

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not bad

Works very well but struggled with larger wood diameters. Got quite warm /hot after about 30 mins use. Would recommend for home use. For the price it was a decent buy. ALDI return policy is very good however so not too big a risk if you do decide to return.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rocko Wallaby

Rocko WallabyGold Coast

Useless product, and forget any warranty claim!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Aldi 4 stroke chainsaw

Simply great very light , as for fuel Ron 91 octane is fine . Starts first time every time and is very grunty without the noise and smoke . One oil tank is a very practical for crank and bar . The only thing I would improve would be using a larger bar and increasing the chain size , otherwise it was money well sent .

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Tough little saw 47.1 CC Chainsaw $199

47.1 CC 4-stroke chainsaw from Aldi Toowoomba for $199.

I think Gardenline finally listened. This saw kicks butt. It's a 4-stroke which is completely different fom
other chainsaws I've used in the past. I know chainsaws and this thing blows my mind. Sounds like a
generator when idles and sounds like a trailbike revving. Love the sound. Haven't had much negativity to
say except, get a better spark plug as the cheap chinese sparkplug causes the saw to spit after that, it's a
47.1 CC monster. Make sure yall use 98 octane fuel and 10w 30 pure oil for the best performance.

Starts everytime now. Don't drop start it, won't help you much.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

gardenline petrol chainsaw

BRILLIANT. A little beauty. Perfect for female gardeners. Light and so easy to start. Simple to pull apart for cleaning. Did throw its chain but quite easy to fix.
Felt quite safe using it. It did
ALDI please you need to reinstate this little gem There is nothing like it on the market place.
I'm deaperate

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Fabulous Buy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Paulnasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I like using my garden line chainsaw. I have not needed to use it regularly, just a few times. However, When I recently used it it would not pump fuel using the bulb. It was always easy to start but now it's almost impossible. When it does start it does not run properly or go for very long - a few seconds. How do I get it repaired or what do I do? It's still under warranty.

Vkoio4

The fuel line has probably rotted, like mine. It's poor quality tubing. If you open the fuel tank cap and fish around in there with a hooked bit of wire, you might even discover that the filter/weight has come loose with a length of fuel line. If not, the line could be split elsewhere. You can take it back under warranty and consign it to landfill. Otherwise, if you're handy, you can replace the fuel line pretty easily. Take a bit in to a mower shop so they can match it up and buy a piece. Thread it through the hole in the tank that the old line went through, to the carby at one end and with the bulb/weight on the other end inside the tank. You just need enough slack inside the tank so that the filter/weight can roll around freely and reach all corners of the tank. You can even buy fuel line on eBay. I think these saws use ~4.5mm outside diameter, maybe 2mm inside (but it's rubber so you can get away with slightly different sizing). Good luck!

Pauln

Hi Vkoio. Thanks for the advice. Yep, the fuel line was broken. But not the one with the weight. It was the hose that returns from the primer pump back to the tank. I replaced it with really good hose but it is still sucking only air through the primer bulb. I then tested the hoses by disconnecting the primer hose from the carb and connected straight to the inlet hose (weighted) and it it pumps correctly, so the fuel line works properly now. However, the problem remains: the carburettor seems to be leaking air into the system, so I'm concerned that the carb has a problem, and it won't run properly because of the lack of fuel. I don't want to take the carby apart as I suspect that there are no spares anyway. I think I'll take it to the service centre. Can anybody tell me what do they do there, repair or replace?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not simply contact Aldi if it is under warranty?

warren.harris.94

warren.harris.94asked

Petrol Chainsaw

How does i get the chain tightened?

Rob

Robasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How do you remove the petrol tank. ,mine is spilling fuel out as I fill it?