ALDI Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

ALDI Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

2.4

I tryed to break it

I've tryed to destroy mine added s longer bar n chain used it on only large iron bark logs (1m+ round) n it's never missed a beat. Starts easy. Only complaint is it vibarates like a mofo n is thirsty af but what do u expect for 100 bucks.. the stihl saw has required more maintenance but I guess it is older

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Blake.wisseBrisbane

Burnt for the last time

Date PurchasedAug 2015
    Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015) compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Moriarty2

Moriarty2AU

Dissapointment Extreme

I use chainsaws a lot, thought this was a bargain so bought one. Recoil is extreme, hard to start and runs for about 2 minutes then cuts out, chain is as blunt as you could get and keeps coming extremely loose. Really cheap quality and not even worth the cheap price it's sold for. This thing is going in the bin and a real waste of money on my part. Would take it back to Aldi and ask for a replacement, but can't see the point as from these reviews it seems they are all the same. One to avoid and will not be buying anything similar from Aldi in future, had my eye on a pool pump but this has really put me off cheap products.

Matt

MattMelbourne

Not bad but no Stihl or Husqvana

This saw didn't start out of the box.

After finding it had no spark but with a secondary coil voltage (digital multimeter set at 20ohms between the boot and ground), I replaced the crappy plug with a champion and it fired first pull.

The carb settings were not helping either. Screw the High & low jets all the way in and then back out 2 turns for high and 1.5 low. After powering up to full throttle, lean off (screw in) the high until the engine is developing its full RPM possible then out .25 so as to not run too lean. Next? play with low to get a stable idle.

It's actually not a bad junk saw (the one you'd lend out to friends or leave in the rain when camping) for the price.

S J

S JSydney

Had So Much Promise

Ray59

Ray59Newcastle

Yet To Let Me Down

Absolute crap

I bought the chainsaw and from word go it would not start just about ripped my arm off took it back to aldi replaced it and the same thing happened wouldnt start avoid like the plague rubbish.

Wiz.auWoden 2606, ACT

Same as the others...hard to start, won't start hot.

Petrol Chainsaws

Chezapie

ChezapieSydney, NSW

Too heavy!!

This is no 'lightweight'. I thought this tool would be the answer to my needs, a motorised electric pruner (reducing petrol weight) with telescopic variable reach plus a section of the blade that could be angled for what I thought would be perfect to trim the top of a hedge from ground level. Not so, the 'angle' was wrong for a horizontal prune but above all else, the entire tool was much too heavy to even lift let alone operate, even my husband couldn't life it.
    The concept
    Too heavy

A Bloody beauty.

I've had one now for well over a year and no problem with starting at all, I live in the country so use it often for fire wood and have cut big trees down with it never a moments trouble if ever it dies I'll buy another one no problem, and the chain sharpener I bought at the same time is also a beauty also no problem. and the oil leaking is a hazard with all chain saws Ive found over the years just sit them on a small drum and catch the oil to re-use.
    Light easy to use, always starts.

Gardenline 50cc chainsaw fine when fixed

If you can be bothered doing a few repairs this is a good saw. 1. A gasket needs to be fashioned behind the the plate behind the chain bar, I used 1mm double sided tape from bigW, Do Not replace the retaining screw. 2. O rings need to be fitted to air filter, 31mm under filter a 5 mm on top. 3. Starting is not explained correctly in the instructions. While holding throttle in the full throttle position, pull out choke fully, let go of throttle then the choke, pull cord 2 to 3 times, push in choke, should then start easily.
    Light and powerful
    Not finished properly from the factory

Moose
    Moose
    Jimbo10
    Jimbo10

When working it works

When it works it does well, plenty of power and fairly light weight. However, it is a terror to get started. It takes a lot of effort. It cannot be stored with oiler in the chain oiler as it leaks. The pull starter breaks. Could be resolved if was easier to start.
    Light weight and cuts well when started
    Hard to start, pull start breaks, leaks from the chain oiler

Gotta Agree

My review is similar to the last two reviews. It is a great little saw if you can get it started. It does leak chain oil when stored. However the most damming thing about the saw is trying to get is started. After getting caught with a hedge trimmer that would not start, I was not going to get taken again and returned this for refund. I will give Aldi that, no questions asked, returned with cash refund.
    Price and lightweight.
    Very hard to start initially and would not start at all after that.

ron93
    ron93

it worked fine for some time.after that fitted new spark plug and reset fuel air mixture,its good now.

Michael N.

Michael N.asked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

How do I remove the chain drive sprocket wheel to access and seal the panel screwed onto side of oil tank to stop the chain oil leaking out?

Suzanne

Suzanneasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

Hi where can I buy the chains to suit this model can’t seem to find them anywhere. What is the part number please

Mouhannad

Mouhannadasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

How to change the chainsaw? How to tighten the chain ? Any user manual for this chainsaw ?

Deb
    Deb

When we tried our with no success initially, I noticed that the on symbol (I) was directly under the word STOP if you look closely. We put the switch the opposite way to which we had it and it started. The trouble is can’t remember which way we had the switch first. We’ll find out today. Also if you keep pressing the fuel bubble you may flood it, so let it rest a while before trying again.

Compare all 9 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw