Alfa Romeo 159
See the Best Wagons in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Alfa Romeo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
JED
JEDPerth, WA

Never to touch

I have to agree with an earlier comment, first and last time I will ever go near an Alfa Rome again. Purchased the top of the line 2011 JTD 159 Ti with 65,000km on the clock. It has spent more time in the shop then out of it and ever time you count in $1,000's. First got a chug in the engine which required several visits prior to cleaning the head, in excess of $2k. Still didn't fix the chug. Then chewed the front tyres out, had to replace the front suspension $1.5k. Rear electric window winder, $600, Now diesel injector leak, approx $8.5k. All this in 20,000km. Don't ever, ever, ever go near them.

Purchased in June 2019 for $10,500.00.

Aaron
AaronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect car

I loved my 159 diesel,
I used to get 960k out of a tank with 70 freeway 30 Citi and 1100 straight freeway. The car was pretty reliable with own a couple parts needing replacement in my ownership.

Purchased in January 2010 at Private seller for $16,500.00.

Absolute Luxury Bargain. Make sure you get one with the work done on it

Purchased in April 2017 for $7,500.00.

Sam S
Sam SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pleasantly surprised

Having always admired the style of this car I finally decided to take a chance on an Alfa. I've owned a number of BMW's, an Audi as well as a couple of older fords in my youth for reference. I bought from a guy moving overseas for a really low price and figured I'd need to spend a few dollars fixing whatever was wrong with it although I could not for the life of me find anything wrong with it when I bought it. Anyhow, I had put aside $4k to fix any potential problems but after owning it for over 2 years and driven it over 40000km I'm still waiting for something to go wrong! So much for Alfa's bad reputation! None of my 4 new BMW'S gave me trouble free motoring. Love this thing.

BadgeJTS Ti
Date PurchasedOct 2016
Shannon B
Shannon BAdelaide

Yay!!!! Finally an Alfa that works!

This is my third red Alfa after being burnt by very unreliable 33 and 156 models. This car is a joy to look at and undoubtedly the most stunning car on the road. I bought mine secondhand at 3 years old with 38000kms on the clock. 4 years and 100000kms later can happily say it has not broken down once or hand any glitch or malfunction that I have had with any other Alfa. Everything works all the time. Granted it doesn't drive with the same soul that the older Alfas had. Its more like a the Toyota Camry of Alfas but its great to finally own one that is reliable and doesn't cost $1000's in repairs.

BadgeJTS

BadgeJTD
Date PurchasedApr 2010
Gdrive
GdriveSydney

Great car to drive, to look at and reliable too.

BadgeJTD
Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Stevo
StevoAU

Style And Grunt That Eats Audis For Breakfast

BadgeJTD Ti
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Other Wagons

$ vs Experience (Excellent)

Just brought a 2007 Q4 3.2 auto JTS with 110000km. Took it to my local mechanic & could do the work required. Looks great, gets up & goes so well. Sounds superb & can be a little thirsty. (Who cares) Loving the experience especially for the price paid. Very nice

BadgeJTS Q4
Engine Size3.2

Find out how Alfa Romeo 159 compares to other Wagons

Updated review (see FUN!!)

BadgeJTS
Bob
BobAuckland, New Zealand

2012 Alfa 159Ti Unreliable

This was my second Alfa 159 (the previous one was a 2007 model 2.2JTS).

After less than two years, the aircon stopped working and it took the dealer three and a half months to get it working again.

I filed a claim with the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal for the unreasonable time it took to affect the repair.

The MVDT concluded that the vehicle "failed to comply with the guarantee of acceptable quality in the Consumers Guarantee Act."

It also concluded that it didn't involve a "failure of substantial character" and so refused to award me any compensation. I don't agree with that decision. To me, having a car without aircon in the middle of summer is a failure of substantial character.

BadgeTi
Danny
DannyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Updated Review After A Few Months Of Living With It.

BadgeJTS Selespeed

Best looking car ever

I have a alpha Romeo 159 2.4 turbo diesel and it is a pure delight to drive. Very sexy to look at and has a very sporty feel whilst driving. It handles beautifully and has a ton of pace. Only criticism is its a bit low to the ground so have to watch steep decent car parks. You do need find a good service centre or you can be ripped off.

BadgeJTD Ti
Ay
AySydney, NSW

Lovely car to own but headache for reliablity

The car handles well . My advise buy the manual only . Got the problem after 110k on clock. The quality material especially the leather asthonishing. After you reach more than 110k better sell it the car will cost you a lot of problem maintenance cost sometimes not worth . And the resale value drop dramaticcally over time. But dont worry about to sell it. There's always some Italian fanatic who wants the car. I sell it for market value only 3 days. Surprise

Colincaulfield

2011 Alfa 159 1750 Ti

This would have to be one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. The comfort levels are brilliant as I'm 6'4" and that can be a problem, solved by having electric heated leather sports seats that fit both my wife an
d I perfectly. The car doesn't need to be driven hard it does the job perfectly and goes plenty hard enough when needed. Its about to go in for its 70,000k service and compared to a friends BMW325 the 159 has cost 1/5th of his service costs over the same period/mileage. Its simply been a pleasure to own.. looks great and has been a car I've loved to drive for 3 years.

Engine Size1.7