Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (22), 2-4 weeks (8), 1-2 months (4), 1-2 weeks (2) and <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (21) · No (29)

David Cremona

David Cremona

Deny claims anyway they can.

They denied my claim and can’t be trusted. Paid for buildings insurance with contents that included pool items. Claim was refused saying wasn’t a specific event. Scammers don’t trust them.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2020
Edward Crockford and Dia

Edward Crockford and DiaWheatbelt, WA

Best value

3rd year with Allianz. We have had no claims to date so cannot comment. We are happy with the service provided.
We will continue to insure.
We have used Allianz for travel insurance.

Tiny

TinySydney, NSW

The contractors that source items let you down. Front-line service is excellent.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Allianz Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Lionel Goodacre

Lionel GoodacreCoffs Harbour

Renewal Premium Best I Could Find

I tried online to check competitors' premiums to ensure we got value for money. Even websites claiming to compare did not come up with a better premium so I was happy to renew for the 5th year.
Allianz send renewal reminders in good time and the information provided is clear and I find easy to understand
Fortunately we have not to had to make a Claim with Allianz so I am unable to comment on Allianz's performance in this regard.

Leonardo Rivera

Leonardo RiveraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No support when is needed

I have been waiting for a month to get some answers from you guys , not really happy with the customer support, I really need my ceiling fixed due this is falling in multiple rooms .
I have put a claim on the 9/10/2020 (claim # 6210315887) I have been a loyal customer for years and all what I expect is insurance support during this difficult time to repair my ceiling due this could be a hazard for my family if this falls.
I hope I get somewhere with this claim otherwise I will be looking for another insurance provider.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateOctober 2020
aussietaff

aussietaffWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Starting my Five Years with Allianz Home & Contents

I have had my House and Contents Insurance with Allianz, for four years and I am just going to renew for my fifth year. I have not had to make a claim, so I will keep my fingers crossed. When you consider their Premium with other companies, you will understand, why I stay with Allianz. Also they give you a 30% Discount for not having made a claim.
If you have to make a claim, and you are not happy with the decision made by Allianz, there are Government Departments that you can take your problem to, without having to pay, it is not like going to a Lawyer, which costs money.

geoff f.

geoff f.

Beware of your insurer and the policy

Property TypeOther
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Home and Contents Insurance

Easy to do online. Not sure about the insured house price, I think everyone inflates the replacement cost. Other insurances had similar prices and policies, so no incentive to swap (some were horrendously more!). Policies read fine but until a claim is made, who knows.

SuzanneW

SuzanneWDarling Downs, QLD

Great value and excellent customer service

Very happy to renew with Allianz. Most competitive rates & excellent customer service. The gentleman I spoke with over the phone after I had checked my cover online was particularly helpful in guiding me.

Rhonda Atkins

Rhonda AtkinsMurray Region, NSW

Home & contents insurance.

Yes good value this is my 2 Nd year with Alliance very happy .was so easy to set up & didn’t have to hang on waiting for some- one to take my call.

Suzy123

Suzy123Camden

Fine until you make a claim

a truck hit my newly renovated business premises. An agent dealt with my claim who organised a builder who then subcontracted the work out presumably to the cheapest person possible. I was not happy with repairs. Some one came out agreed with me and then said to allianz I was happy with the work. Case closed. I paid my policy for 8 years without a claim and also I was made to pay the other persons excess fee before work started. I also had a life insurance policy with them many years ago and they continued taking fees out for 5 months after I cancled it. Iwas never reimbursed. Don't insure with them NRMA is cheaper and so much better

Property TypeCommercial
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Phillip Dreise

Phillip DreiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

I will never use this company again

Had a leak behind the shower In the wall. This insurance company denied my claim. Surely this is why owners take out insurance. I will never use this company again.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeDuplex
RandomUser U.

RandomUser U.

May as well not have insurance

With these unethical individuals for 7 years. Had an issue at my house after a massive storm. Despite this never happening before, they rejected the claim. They stated that this is a pre existing issue because the house wasnt put together properly 7 years ago.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Maggie

MaggieSydney, NSW

Everything we asked for, we have full cover and peace of mind at a reasonable price.

During the hail storm that hit Berowra in December 2019, we suffered, considerable damage. Immediate help was given by the SES, then Allianz stepped in, our claim was promptly assessed, and tradesmen allocated; the repairs and restoration work was very professionally completed. Thank you Allianz

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Sorted in one phone call

Our fence blew over in a storm, one phone was all that was needed these guys done the rest and we got a new colour bond fence couldn't be happier

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Gamma Abey

Gamma AbeySouth East Queensland, QLD

I am extremely happy with Allianz, particularly with travel insurance.

The value of the policy was okay, although the premium was higher than last year. I have not made any claims, hence I feel that the premium should have been less.
I have with Allianz contents insurance for two years and at least five years with my travel insurance.

mozza

mozza

Average

Online self help very limited. My portfolio not updated to include house insurance policy so I had to call. Renewal email didn't include attachments of updated policy. Very poor effort.

GAGAN

GAGANSydney, NSW

Very good

1. Yes it's a good value. I would say best in the market. Very easy to set up.
2. Yes once only and it was easy and prompt.
3. Nearly 23 years

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Jill Oxton

Jill OxtonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed with my claim to date

My claim is ongoing. Very disappointed with the way it has been handled. Found assessor very condascending, and very slow forthcoming with information. Not impressed so far. It has been 3 months so far and I have got nowhere.

Claim DateJuly 2020

Home insurance

Good value and has been a couple of dollars cheaper over the past 2 years, am very happy with alliance insurance, I’ve been with alliance for a couple of years now