Allianz Home Insurance

• Contents Only (5)

Chris C

Chris CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zero care factor

Worst insurance company that I've ever dealt with. Rude, condescending customer service people, zero care factor towards the customer. Been waiting more than three weeks for my house to get assessed and have rain / hail damaged looked at and fixed. Emails and calls not being returned. Never again will I take a policy with them.

Claim MadeYes

Warning do not insure with this company

10 months waiting for storm damage repairs, they sent multiple builders for quotes, alliance chose the cheapest quote, half way through repairs . Builder disappeared and they cash settled us the rest of a cheap quote, the work they had carried out was very poor leaving us to rectify, after a few months of our complaints they decided to cancel our policy, after years of us paying premiums to them, run a mile from alliance they are absolute rubbish!!!

Claim ApprovedYes
J Beames

J BeamesCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Less than impressed

A home and contents policy i had raken out was put under another name, upon bringing the error up with them i was told the issue would be rectified within 48 hours, it has now been 3 weeks to the day and i eang back to enquire only to be told that i would be contacted in the next 24 to 48 hours

Claim MadeNo

They cancelled my policy without send me an email text or registered post

Not only they stop our insurance policy after a claim that didn't go through, after 3 month of seeing no payments they restarted my policy and backcharged these 3 months.
I found out 9 month later about this and call them back to get refund. After a battle they ended up refunding the 3 month + the 9 month if i cancel my pilicy and renew it.
They probably renewed my policy the wrong way.

If i didnt notice it and my house burnt i would have lost everything with a mortgage to pay despite paying them 100 a month.

So unprofessional, arrogant and misleading.

DIsgruntled

DIsgruntledMelbourne

Saved $1361 compared to RACV

Claim MadeNo

lying and very difficult to deal with

I made a claim on my garage ceiling collapsing, one person from Allianz says one thing and another person says no that's incorrect and all over the shop. I even got my own external plasterer to assess the ceiling and even he explained how its from storm damage, he said he deals with garage ceilings all the time.
Their external assessor is uneducated and contradicting and their reviews are also very poor, never heard back from Allianz internal review team and just didn't want anything to do with me. They make it drag on and on and got sick of wasting my time on the phone getting no where.
I even sent my own photos and proof of damage after external assessor sent blurry photos and still didn't want anything to do with me.

Mitchey

Mitchey

Will be cancelling all policies

They take my premiums no worries! When I try to make a claim I am met with many hoops to jump through, catches and delays. Too ard to deal with

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimImpact at Home

DO NOT INSURE WITH ALLIANZ

We have had nothing but issues with this insurer. The building inspection report actually made up an issue that was wrong (bathroom screen not sealed and was water leaking) - when I took my own video to disprove this statement, nothing was done or said about this false reporting. Don't bother with this company. Take it from me, go with someone else.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Bc426

Bc426Melbourne, Victoria

Renew my policy without my approval

I already move my home insurance to other provider, but Allianz still direct debit my monthly payment from my bank account, I rang up and they still wanna charged me extra $20 dollars for cancellation. They so desperate with that $20 I wouldnt
trust them when I need to claim something from them.

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Contents payout - wholesale prices that you can;t buy at

Allianz palm you off to Sedgwick who then take months to get back with a contents payout figure without and reason for the costs. When you dispute some of the costs they send you a wholesale price list of the contents, which you cannot buy at and ignore any of the extra information you have supplied.

Type of ClaimFire

Rachel

RachelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Allianz are not there to support you when you most need it!!

Would not even give 1 star ! If you need commercial insurance dont even bother looking at Allianz I wish I looked at the product reviews to see how many dissatisfied customers there are.. They left me 4 months before informing me that im not covered for a tenants problem theyve left me with thousands of dollars of damage .. poor communication. They are happy to take your money but not look after you as a paying customer .. very poor service and Im left in the cold with all the damage .. never again will I go with Allianz

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage

The most incompetent insurer I have Ever dealt with

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateApril 2019

Not happy customer

My bank suggested to go with Allianz company for contains insurance 2 years ago I was bit rush I done since that 2 claims decline from Allianz recently we had bad storms damages on my roof I called a roof tiler to get a quote and sent to company as Allianz builder saying that wasn’t storm damage just wear and tear and turndown my claim. Allianz staff very professional they even don’t know half of information they pass me around after waiting 20 minutes on hold. I highly recommend not to go with Allianz insurance westing the money if I can give them -5 start I would. I am looking too other insurance company ASAP. Unhappy with ALLIANZ

Type of ClaimImpact at Home

Shelley

Shelley

If there was a zero star rating I would give them that!

I have landlord & building insurance with Allianz . Went to make a claim as the tenants had managed to bleach every carpet in every room of the house, they also put a hot pot on the laminate. Their excuse was that it wasn't malice. I can understand if one room had been bleached (that is an accident), but EVERY room! Don't waste your money with this lot.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
M.D.

M.D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Actual cover and no willingness to help

I have home insurance with Allianz in Victoria, my policy specifically states I have insurance against water runoff and stormwater damage. I have an issue where poor drainage on my neighbours property has resulted in significant damage to my house, I contacted Allianz and was told that as the issue comes from my neighbours house I should pursue them as alliance will not cover me for damage caused by something my Neighbour should have fixed. I pointed out my neighbour will not cooperate and shouldn't Allianz assist in making a claim against the neighbours insurance and was told no they don't do that. No actual help at all, not really sure what I pay the premium for but I guess that's why they have a 1.6 star rating here.

Vaine

VaineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible experience!

Absolutely disgusted with the company and the way our claim was conducted, I please advise everyone to not even consider ALLIANZ as I have been absolutely robbed of my hard working money over 5 years with the company. We thought our minds were at ease with ALLIANZ with the unfortunate event that cost us thousands but it is nothing but heartbreak and disappointment!! You are just another number to them! They don’t care! Canceling TODAY!

Claim DateAugust 2019

Over 2 1/2 years of hell

I got out of a house fire with the clothes on my back. Allianz tried every trick in the book to get me to settle. From a dodgy property estimate from Herron Todd White with $550,000 worth of depreciation on a 5 year old home, to putting $240,000 into my account without my consent trying to "encourage" me into a ridiculous settlement. Allianz and everyone associated with them and their practices should be ashamed of themselves.

BMW User

BMW User

Took Over a month to assess a roof leak- still not finished

I have been insured with Allianz for 9 years. I made a claim in July 2019. Now, 3 months later, I still have not received any communication from Allianz as to whether they will accept the claim for roof damage. In the meantime the roof continues to leak. Allianz's builder said the report by the builder sent to Allianz on 16/8/19. I have not heard from Allianz, the roof continues to leak. I have been with allianz for 9 years
Claim not resolved yet.
I strongly advise people to not use ALLIANZ
Insurer Ref: 6210259706, Sedgwick Ref: 8410310

Claim DateJuly 2019

AsF

AsFMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trying to cancel policy

as we received the policy via email, somehow our inbox got full and deleted the older one, we request information only for them to say they cannot find it. 6 times they ask us to provide a transaction ID and then they do not respond. been with them for over 20 years and now they seem to have no record of us, so we are taking there info to the bank to get a refund for the last 18 months. i tested my theory, i sent 3 inquiries, response from 2 about sales, no response for a cancellation.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo

AVOID ALLIANZ!!!! NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!! The one star is not deserving.

I will keep it short and sweet. This company are not honest. Avoid this company at all costs. The claims department are the worst..
I need not say more. However they are very competent at taking your bank details and foreseeing when is the next direct debit.
I am extremely disappointed in all fields with this company. I will pray that they will close down. Hopefully Allianz will be a name forgotten.