Allianz Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No Actual cover and no willingness to help

I have home insurance with Allianz in Victoria, my policy specifically states I have insurance against water runoff and stormwater damage. I have an issue where poor drainage on my neighbours property has resulted in significant damage to my house, I contacted Allianz and was told that as the issue comes from my neighbours house I should pursue them as alliance will not cover me for damage caused by something my Neighbour should have fixed. I pointed out my neighbour will not cooperate and shouldn't Allianz assist in making a claim against the neighbours insurance and was told no they don't do that. No actual help at all, not really sure what I pay the premium for but I guess that's why they have a 1.6 star rating here.

Horrible experience!

Absolutely disgusted with the company and the way our claim was conducted, I please advise everyone to not even consider ALLIANZ as I have been absolutely robbed of my hard working money over 5 years with the company. We thought our minds were at ease with ALLIANZ with the unfortunate event that cost us thousands but it is nothing but heartbreak and disappointment!! You are just another number to them! They don’t care! Canceling TODAY!

Claim DateAugust 2019

Over 2 1/2 years of hell

I got out of a house fire with the clothes on my back. Allianz tried every trick in the book to get me to settle. From a dodgy property estimate from Herron Todd White with $550,000 worth of depreciation on a 5 year old home, to putting $240,000 into my account without my consent trying to "encourage" me into a ridiculous settlement. Allianz and everyone associated with them and their practices should be ashamed of themselves.

Claim MadeYes

Took Over a month to assess a roof leak- still not finished

I have been insured with Allianz for 9 years. I made a claim in July 2019. Now, 3 months later, I still have not received any communication from Allianz as to whether they will accept the claim for roof damage. In the meantime the roof continues to leak. Allianz's builder said the report by the builder sent to Allianz on 16/8/19. I have not heard from Allianz, the roof continues to leak. I have been with allianz for 9 years
Claim not resolved yet.
I strongly advise people to not use ALLIANZ
Insurer Ref: 6210259706, Sedgwick Ref: 8410310

Claim DateJuly 2019

Trying to cancel policy

as we received the policy via email, somehow our inbox got full and deleted the older one, we request information only for them to say they cannot find it. 6 times they ask us to provide a transaction ID and then they do not respond. been with them for over 20 years and now they seem to have no record of us, so we are taking there info to the bank to get a refund for the last 18 months. i tested my theory, i sent 3 inquiries, response from 2 about sales, no response for a cancellation.

Claim MadeNo

AVOID ALLIANZ!!!! NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!! The one star is not deserving.

I will keep it short and sweet. This company are not honest. Avoid this company at all costs. The claims department are the worst..
I need not say more. However they are very competent at taking your bank details and foreseeing when is the next direct debit.
I am extremely disappointed in all fields with this company. I will pray that they will close down. Hopefully Allianz will be a name forgotten.

Just Awful

I have been trying to days to contact Allianz to make a claim, with no success. My first claim ever having been with them for 20 years. Even though they have a call back service, they call back and then leave you on hold and then transfer you to the wrong department. The online service is worse, it kept logging me out. I got message saying that that the claim had been lodged, but the reference details were blank. Allianz are very good at taking your money, but make it extremely difficult for you get in touch with them.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Disgraceful insurer, inhumane

I've been with Allianz for 15+ years both home and car insurance, with excellent no claim ratings in both, lodged a claim for storm water ingress into my ceiling.

They sent their own biased contractor, Townsend Building Services to prepare a structural report which formed the basis of Allianz’s decision. The report by Townsend was prepared by a bathroom repair guy (he told me so) who did not have the required skill set for the issue.

Apart from Allianz declining our claim, as they advised was a ‘Maintenance issue’, the repair guy cut 2 x 300mm x 300mm holes into my plasterboard garage ceiling without consulting me. He did this so could stick his head in the ceiling to take a look for his report, although Allianz advised it was to prevent the ceiling from collapsing which was never the case, as I had made good the issue prior. Allianz then declined the claim and I'm left with 2 x large holes in my plasterboard ceiling which I did not request...what an absolute disgrace.

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2018

Stat away

House squatters caused $20,000+ worth of damage. Real Estate and Police were powerless to remove them. After 3 months of damage and no rent they finally left but Allianz is refusing to pay for the damages as the small print in the policy says a police report of the damage was needed.

Terrible insurance provider

First time I have ever made a claim only to have it rejected. Directed to have a builder do an inspection of the cause of damage. After compiling this information as to the cause Allianz sent their own contractor which unsurprisingly decided the insurer was not liable. Extremely disappointing service. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company.

Claim MadeNo

Just another insurance company that rips you off.

After at least 15 years with Allianz 2 cars insured and house and contents and thousands paid, never making a claim and then when you do have a legitimate claim and you get knocked back from them it is disgusting. With there actual building assessor saying one thing and then Allianz saying something else and not allowing your claim. Whilst talking on the phone to one of the staff we were actually laughed at when we made a comment. Highly degrading from the staff member and made to feel like an idiot, I of course have changed insurance companies as I would never want to give them another cent of my hard earned money. After reading these reviews this looks like a common problem with Allianz .....

Claim DateMarch 2019

Storm Damage

I have been with this insurer for 18 years one previous claim and now one for storm damage and it’s declined . Why they say my door was opened? Because it has a mandatory gap st the bottom. My cover apparently excludes this. However this insurer spent probably more the the $4000 obtaining reports to prove there not responsible. They have made me feel like I am a liar and a cheat? Change insurers if your with Allianz I did.

Property TypeTownhouse

Rejected claim and took 2 months for decision

We have been long term Allianz customers but we tried to make a claim this year for water damage caused by heavy rain. After 2 months of ringing every 2nd week to see where it was up to, they finally rejected the claim. A building inspector came out and wrote a report to say it wasn't any fault of our own and we would not of known that rain would of caused water damage, however they still rejected it by saying we should of known our house was poorly built. A building inspection was done not that long ago and we were never told about any repairs needed done, so I don't know how we would of known if the builders didn't know. Poor customer service. Cancelled policy and went else where. Stay away, they won't accept any claims.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Loyalty means nothing

After being loyal customer for over 10 years over 2 properties - no claims, I come to cancel my policy only because we are moving abroad and renting out the house (and their landlord insurance just doesn't cut it). When we communicated with Allianz during our research we were told there would be no cancellation fee if we went with them for the Landlords insurance, but there would be one for $20 if we didn't. When it came time to move on not only was the cancellation fee $40, not the $20 advised 2 months prior, but they cancel the policy as of 4pm on the day of cancellation - not midnight when they start policies. So, you are left with a choice - either risk 8 hours not being covered as this one ends and the new one starts(Murphy's law dictates that would be the one time there would be an issue), or pay for the additional day and be covered by 2 insurers. Start and finish policies at the same time each day - it is not rocket science - oh no, that would mean they would lose that additional day - what a rort

Not impressed

I purchased a content insurance and had to cancel it on the same day due to the terrible customer service. Allianz used to be good. Now, it is not so good. Very disappointed.

Property TypeApartment/Unit

Allianz Home Insurance – Stay away

I purchased their Insurance for my property as they have a tie up with Bank of Melbourne with whom I have a mortgage. It is typical for all lending managers to up sell their preferred insurances when a loan is sanctioned. Anyways I hold grudges for that.

Last July, I had an incident which caused damage internal damages at my house. The cause an accidental pipe burst which is covered in my policy.

After I lodged the claim, they sent a loss adjuster from Cunningham Lindsey. From day one the loss adjuster worked towards denying the claim stating the damage was pre-existing. He claimed he saw some pictures on the internet prior to my purchase of the property.

Then Allianz sent a Investigator. I gave him details of the previous tenant who verified there were no previous damages. Then they sent a builder and then a building consultant.

After 4 months, Allianz came back denying the claim accepting the reports of its assessors. The reports were such substandard that even a child could have analysed better. Their basic measurements and analysis were so wrong. They claimed maintenance issues, prior damage etc for denying the claim.

Thankfully by providing an average report, I know I will be able to challenge them in Australian Financial Complaints Authority. But I had to waste my time and money to engage independent assessors of my own. They believe people will go away by denying claims and possibly this behaviour could be in line with practice generally prevalent where insurers like Allianz just deny claims at first go and evade their responsibilities as an insurance provider.

Claim DateJuly 2018

Great to deal with

In the past 7 years of having Allianz home and contents insurance I have had to make 2 claims.

The first was a smashed window from a piece of outdoor furniture during a storm while we were at work. We got home and noticed the smashed back sliding door pane. We called Allianz who organised O’Brien’s to come out that night and make our home secure as well as measure the piece of glass (of course it is a custom size). Obriens came back at a time that suited us to install the new pane when it became available.

The second was a leaking drain in our kitchen which completely destroyed our island bench carcass. Again, prompt reply with quoted completed and then the offer to complete the work or take the payout minus the excess. This time I chose to take the payout as I work in this industry and completed the work much cheaper and was able to do a few upgrades to the island bench that was now all in the budget!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJune 2018

Allianz is a terrible company to deal with, professionals at giving you the run around. Dodge coverage at all costs.

Terrible company. dishonest assessors. Bullying tactics. They spend more time trying to prove your not covered than anything else. I will never use their service again. And suggest the same to anyone who asks.

Claim ApprovedNo

Allianz is the worst insurance to deal with when it comes to making claim. Stay away!

Allianz is the worst insurance to deal with when it comes to making claim. They are happy to accept your premium but when you need to make a claim they find every way to refuse a claim. They usually would try to wiggle their way to the grey area in their policy so that they can refuse a claim. Very poor practice. Having insurance with Allianz is like not having one. Stay away!

Claim DateMay 2018

20% increase in premiums with no explanation

Allianz sent me a letter increasing home insurance premiums by 20%. Phone customer service was no help at all, trotting out scripted lines about increases in the cost of doing business. Clearly a laziness tax designed to grab margin from loyal customers.

Claim MadeNo

where is your shop near my home (2/28 Leila road Carnegie vic.)?
Nsw

Does Allianz cover cracks in fibreglass pool?
Don't know, but something is sure. We've moved away from due to their restrictive approach with home insurances. AAMI was more adaptable.

How can the majority of reviews show the same outcome we experienced and then one absolutely over the top too good to be true fantastic, should I suggest fabricated review pops up in between. Who checks the validity of these reviews? What checks are made to ensure they are genuine and not the company fabricating great reviews. Very sus.
Don't know but check the profits for Allianz says a lotI'm not sure if this question is in relation to my very good feedback on Alliance (which shows as the most recent 5 star review at the top of the page), but if so I can tell you it's real. I sent a copy of the payout details etc to Product Review to verify my review of them. The claims officer went through our policy very carefully and ensured they paid us on every possible clause they could. We DID have a TOTAL LOSS fire though. Sure we had to get a couple of quotes: one from a builder to rebuild the house, one from a plumber for a rainwater tank (part of their $5,000 eco contribution that was paid in addition), and one quote for the cost of debris removal. The only thing that took time, was us finding people to get quotes from. Everything from the Alliance side was actioned quickly and efficiently. Would I insure with them again? ABSOLUTELY. Also... prior to moving we had a small accident with the car, which is also insured with Alliance. Paid the excess and got the car fixed super easy with no hassle whatsoever. I've never had to claim on insurance before, yet within a 3 month period I had to make 3 claims! ALL have been great (the other one with Youi, whom I'm also about to give a good review to). Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but we really honestly did.Thanks for your feedback but we have found this company to be nothing but probems. You may have been the one and only very lucky winner for the year. This was not a big claim and they have been obstructive and argumentative. Its good to hear that our premiums actually pay claims, not just CEO bonuses, all be it very rarely. I'm sorry for loss and glad you did not have the same experience with this company as so many other victims. They are a terrible company if they pay out only one case in hundreds. I have taken my business elsewhere.

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Contact Number 13 1000
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Home and Contents, Income, Life and Travel