Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Annoyed_Customer

Annoyed_Customer

DO NOT INSURE WITH ALLIANZ

We have had nothing but issues with this insurer. The building inspection report actually made up an issue that was wrong (bathroom screen not sealed and was water leaking) - when I took my own video to disprove this statement, nothing was done or said about this false reporting. Don't bother with this company. Take it from me, go with someone else.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid

Bc426

Bc426Melbourne, Victoria

Renew my policy without my approval

I already move my home insurance to other provider, but Allianz still direct debit my monthly payment from my bank account, I rang up and they still wanna charged me extra $20 dollars for cancellation. They so desperate with that $20 I wouldnt
trust them when I need to claim something from them.

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Contents payout - wholesale prices that you can;t buy at

Allianz palm you off to Sedgwick who then take months to get back with a contents payout figure without and reason for the costs. When you dispute some of the costs they send you a wholesale price list of the contents, which you cannot buy at and ignore any of the extra information you have supplied.

Type of ClaimFire
Rachel

RachelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Allianz are not there to support you when you most need it!!

Would not even give 1 star ! If you need commercial insurance dont even bother looking at Allianz I wish I looked at the product reviews to see how many dissatisfied customers there are.. They left me 4 months before informing me that im not covered for a tenants problem theyve left me with thousands of dollars of damage .. poor communication. They are happy to take your money but not look after you as a paying customer .. very poor service and Im left in the cold with all the damage .. never again will I go with Allianz

Property TypeOther
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage

The most incompetent insurer I have Ever dealt with

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateApril 2019

Not happy customer

My bank suggested to go with Allianz company for contains insurance 2 years ago I was bit rush I done since that 2 claims decline from Allianz recently we had bad storms damages on my roof I called a roof tiler to get a quote and sent to company as Allianz builder saying that wasn’t storm damage just wear and tear and turndown my claim. Allianz staff very professional they even don’t know half of information they pass me around after waiting 20 minutes on hold. I highly recommend not to go with Allianz insurance westing the money if I can give them -5 start I would. I am looking too other insurance company ASAP. Unhappy with ALLIANZ

Type of ClaimImpact at Home

Shelley

Shelley

If there was a zero star rating I would give them that!

I have landlord & building insurance with Allianz . Went to make a claim as the tenants had managed to bleach every carpet in every room of the house, they also put a hot pot on the laminate. Their excuse was that it wasn't malice. I can understand if one room had been bleached (that is an accident), but EVERY room! Don't waste your money with this lot.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

M.D.

M.D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No Actual cover and no willingness to help

I have home insurance with Allianz in Victoria, my policy specifically states I have insurance against water runoff and stormwater damage. I have an issue where poor drainage on my neighbours property has resulted in significant damage to my house, I contacted Allianz and was told that as the issue comes from my neighbours house I should pursue them as alliance will not cover me for damage caused by something my Neighbour should have fixed. I pointed out my neighbour will not cooperate and shouldn't Allianz assist in making a claim against the neighbours insurance and was told no they don't do that. No actual help at all, not really sure what I pay the premium for but I guess that's why they have a 1.6 star rating here.

Vaine

VaineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible experience!

Absolutely disgusted with the company and the way our claim was conducted, I please advise everyone to not even consider ALLIANZ as I have been absolutely robbed of my hard working money over 5 years with the company. We thought our minds were at ease with ALLIANZ with the unfortunate event that cost us thousands but it is nothing but heartbreak and disappointment!! You are just another number to them! They don’t care! Canceling TODAY!

Claim DateAugust 2019

Over 2 1/2 years of hell

I got out of a house fire with the clothes on my back. Allianz tried every trick in the book to get me to settle. From a dodgy property estimate from Herron Todd White with $550,000 worth of depreciation on a 5 year old home, to putting $240,000 into my account without my consent trying to "encourage" me into a ridiculous settlement. Allianz and everyone associated with them and their practices should be ashamed of themselves.

BMW User

BMW User

Took Over a month to assess a roof leak- still not finished

I have been insured with Allianz for 9 years. I made a claim in July 2019. Now, 3 months later, I still have not received any communication from Allianz as to whether they will accept the claim for roof damage. In the meantime the roof continues to leak. Allianz's builder said the report by the builder sent to Allianz on 16/8/19. I have not heard from Allianz, the roof continues to leak. I have been with allianz for 9 years
Claim not resolved yet.
I strongly advise people to not use ALLIANZ
Insurer Ref: 6210259706, Sedgwick Ref: 8410310

Claim DateJuly 2019

AsF

AsFMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trying to cancel policy

as we received the policy via email, somehow our inbox got full and deleted the older one, we request information only for them to say they cannot find it. 6 times they ask us to provide a transaction ID and then they do not respond. been with them for over 20 years and now they seem to have no record of us, so we are taking there info to the bank to get a refund for the last 18 months. i tested my theory, i sent 3 inquiries, response from 2 about sales, no response for a cancellation.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo

AVOID ALLIANZ!!!! NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!! The one star is not deserving.

I will keep it short and sweet. This company are not honest. Avoid this company at all costs. The claims department are the worst..
I need not say more. However they are very competent at taking your bank details and foreseeing when is the next direct debit.
I am extremely disappointed in all fields with this company. I will pray that they will close down. Hopefully Allianz will be a name forgotten.

Seline

SelineMelbourne

Just Awful

I have been trying to days to contact Allianz to make a claim, with no success. My first claim ever having been with them for 20 years. Even though they have a call back service, they call back and then leave you on hold and then transfer you to the wrong department. The online service is worse, it kept logging me out. I got message saying that that the claim had been lodged, but the reference details were blank. Allianz are very good at taking your money, but make it extremely difficult for you get in touch with them.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Claim DateJune 2018
Furious

FuriousCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Stat away

House squatters caused $20,000+ worth of damage. Real Estate and Police were powerless to remove them. After 3 months of damage and no rent they finally left but Allianz is refusing to pay for the damages as the small print in the policy says a police report of the damage was needed.

Terrible insurance provider

First time I have ever made a claim only to have it rejected. Directed to have a builder do an inspection of the cause of damage. After compiling this information as to the cause Allianz sent their own contractor which unsurprisingly decided the insurer was not liable. Extremely disappointing service. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company.

Juliet

JulietSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just another insurance company that rips you off.

After at least 15 years with Allianz 2 cars insured and house and contents and thousands paid, never making a claim and then when you do have a legitimate claim and you get knocked back from them it is disgusting. With there actual building assessor saying one thing and then Allianz saying something else and not allowing your claim. Whilst talking on the phone to one of the staff we were actually laughed at when we made a comment. Highly degrading from the staff member and made to feel like an idiot, I of course have changed insurance companies as I would never want to give them another cent of my hard earned money. After reading these reviews this looks like a common problem with Allianz .....

Claim DateMarch 2019

DeeBlacktown

Storm Damage

I have been with this insurer for 18 years one previous claim and now one for storm damage and it’s declined . Why they say my door was opened? Because it has a mandatory gap st the bottom. My cover apparently excludes this. However this insurer spent probably more the the $4000 obtaining reports to prove there not responsible. They have made me feel like I am a liar and a cheat? Change insurers if your with Allianz I did.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeTownhouse

Turbo2008

Turbo2008Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Rejected claim and took 2 months for decision

We have been long term Allianz customers but we tried to make a claim this year for water damage caused by heavy rain. After 2 months of ringing every 2nd week to see where it was up to, they finally rejected the claim. A building inspector came out and wrote a report to say it wasn't any fault of our own and we would not of known that rain would of caused water damage, however they still rejected it by saying we should of known our house was poorly built. A building inspection was done not that long ago and we were never told about any repairs needed done, so I don't know how we would of known if the builders didn't know. Poor customer service. Cancelled policy and went else where. Stay away, they won't accept any claims.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2019

xian lai ge

xian lai geasked

where is your shop near my home (2/28 Leila road Carnegie vic.)?

Nsw

Bjf

Bjfasked

Does Allianz cover cracks in fibreglass pool?

Imports
Imports

Don't know, but something is sure. We've moved away from due to their restrictive approach with home insurances. AAMI was more adaptable.

emberasked

How can the majority of reviews show the same outcome we experienced and then one absolutely over the top too good to be true fantastic, should I suggest fabricated review pops up in between. Who checks the validity of these reviews? What checks are made to ensure they are genuine and not the company fabricating great reviews.

Very sus.

Russ
Russ

Don't know but check the profits for Allianz says a lot

Rae
Rae

I'm not sure if this question is in relation to my very good feedback on Alliance (which shows as the most recent 5 star review at the top of the page), but if so I can tell you it's real. I sent a copy of the payout details etc to Product Review to verify my review of them. The claims officer went through our policy very carefully and ensured they paid us on every possible clause they could. We DID have a TOTAL LOSS fire though. Sure we had to get a couple of quotes: one from a builder to rebuild the house, one from a plumber for a rainwater tank (part of their $5,000 eco contribution that was paid in addition), and one quote for the cost of debris removal. The only thing that took time, was us finding people to get quotes from. Everything from the Alliance side was actioned quickly and efficiently. Would I insure with them again? ABSOLUTELY.

Also... prior to moving we had a small accident with the car, which is also insured with Alliance. Paid the excess and got the car fixed super easy with no hassle whatsoever. I've never had to claim on insurance before, yet within a 3 month period I had to make 3 claims! ALL have been great (the other one with Youi, whom I'm also about to give a good review to). Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but we really honestly did.

ember

Thanks for your feedback but we have found this company to be nothing but probems. You may have been the one and only very lucky winner for the year. This was not a big claim and they have been obstructive and argumentative.
Its good to hear that our premiums actually pay claims, not just CEO bonuses, all be it very rarely.
I'm sorry for loss and glad you did not have the same experience with this company as so many other victims. They are a terrible company if they pay out only one case in hundreds.
I have taken my business elsewhere.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives