Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Allianz

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (9)
    • 2-4 weeks (16)
    • 1-2 months (19)
    • 3+ months (58)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (62) · No (60)

Claim denied for no reason

My roof was damaged due to storm and it took them more than 2 months to deny my claim. It is denied because they think my 30 year-old house is too old and that damage was gradually deteriorated with ago. I guess they could use that reason on any damages caused by weather. What is the point of this insurance? cannot wait to change my insurer

Geoff
GeoffVictoria

Take care when you receive your renewal notice

Received my home and contents renewal recently, price increased by over 20%. Do an on line quote and take out a new policy, the price will be similar to the previous year's premium.

Mike R
Mike RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor customer service and appalling response times

overpriced and deceptive

not good value - increase in premiums appear to be paying for other people's misfortunes (floods and fires - which have not affected us). not as simple to set up and review yearly, as I assumed. A previous incident involving Hail Damage to our property was settled, but the assessor clearly did not do a comprehensive assessment, as there is extensive damage to our front fence flashing that sits atop the fence - a similar material has been used as flashing on the roof - we assume eventually that the roof will leak as the integrity of the roof was presumably damaged as well but not assessed properly by the assessor.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Allianz Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

On hold for 12 hours and 16minutes and still haven't spoken to anyone!!!!

I have made eight separate phone calls over 2 months to get an update on my claim and every time it gets disconnected. My call history shows a total of 12 hours and 16minutes...I am once again on hold to them...wasting more time

Chris F
Chris FSydney, NSW

No Claims - Big Premium Increase - Rip Off

No justification for large premium increase as no claims and no change to cover. It is disappointing that Allianz seems to seek to make up for claims by other policy holders by ratcheting up premiums for non-claiming customers

Manders
MandersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap and nasty! Slow to respond in time of need - change policy without warning and refuse to pay out.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Absolute disgrace

You never rang me back ?

I rang you twice and sat on the phone for more than 2 hours and you did not answerer . Then emailed and still did not ring me.

Ruff
RuffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Jewellery loss

Please be aware everyone that you are only insured for the amount on the last valuation! Even if it was 20 years ago. Very poor. They don’t tell you to submit new valuations but you need to every 2 years .

Martin T.
Martin T.South East Queensland, QLD

very bad in handle case, no payout when it is require

Amir
AmirMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

They do not even deserve 1 star.

I called to cancel my policy today my call was on hold (waiting list) for almost 30 minutes! Then someone said "my name is ... please start with your name and policy number." Not even hello or sorry for waiting. So disappointing

Lag time and palmed off

They don't have in-house assessors or tradies, instead, they really on contracted staff. This means dealing with more people than necessary and greatly reduces their ability to provide quality service.

Impressive: patient & detailed

I’ve insured with Allianz for over 20 years & made my first claim recently. The premium is competitive. My claim was handled well at both a local & central office level & they paid out.

Dr Abul B M Saifullah
Dr Abul B M SaifullahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Slow in fixing our house, still waiting

Our house damaged last December but they have not fixed our house properly. We can not install the security door because they have to fix it first, but they haven't.

Ella Gokhmark
Ella Gokhmarkasked

Hi. We have an existing Home and Contents insurance policy with Bank of Melbourne (insurer: Allianz) and need to explore our excess options as well as to make minor adjustments to the property details. We have called 13 22 66 spending up to 20 minutes on the phone on two occasions, and both times there was no answer. A week ago we also sent an email to customerservice@allianz.com.au and haven't heard back.
I believe we made a reasonable effort to get in touch with the provider/insurer. Can we please ask that Allianz or Bank of Melbourne representative contact us on 0404 002 356 with regards to this? Our policy is expiring on 4 March 2022, so a prompt response will be greatly appreciated. (Sending a copy to Bank of Melbourne).

siga2net
siga2netasked

Does Allianz home insurance cover the subsidence, land settling or collapse?

Ingrid M.
Ingrid M.asked

How can I talk to someone? I have a major water damage and the plumbers are working hard to find the leak and repair the damage. 131000 does not connect me with you. Sorry.
[Personal Details Removed]

See all Allianz Home Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives

Home Insurance offered by Allianz includes Home and Contents Insurance, Home Building Insurance, Contents Insurance, Landlord Insurance, and Renters Insurance.

What did reviewers think of Allianz Home Insurance?

Reviews on Allianz Home Insurance have been mixed, with more negative reviews left than positive ones. Among positive reviews, how easy it was to set up the policy was praised. Some reviewers also said that the policy was priced reasonably for how comprehensive it was.

Many of those who left negative feedback said that the claims process was unnecessarily difficult and lengthy. Some said that their legitimate claims were knocked back and they weren’t granted cover for things they claimed they were insured for.

Some of these reviewers also said that customer service and assessors were unhelpful when it came to lodging and settling a claim, saying that representatives were skeptical of the validity of claims from the outset.

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Home and Contents, Income, Life and Travel