Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance

20% increase in premiums with no explanation

Allianz sent me a letter increasing home insurance premiums by 20%. Phone customer service was no help at all, trotting out scripted lines about increases in the cost of doing business. Clearly a laziness tax designed to grab margin from loyal customers.

Claim MadeNo

Worst insurer

We were flash flooded twice during the Townsville floods. Over the phone, when lodging the claim, we were told that we were covered by flash flooding. The assessor came out and advised that everything has been lost and they should pay out the full contents insured. Allianz then sent a Hydrologist who said that even though the property was well away and higher than the creek, and that the water came from the side and not up from the creek, they decided that the water was still from the creek and so therefore have refused to pay out anything. We lost everything and now have to try and fight on top of losing everything and having to find a new place to live.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater

Stay Away

They try everything to stop you lodged a claim or not to pay/fix your damages. I will lodge a case with Financial Service Ombudsman to stop this empty shell product. For those of you who had similar experiences, please write along. Someone needs to take action against these thieves. Or you can also join me if you want to see justice.

HORRIBLE BEYOND WORDS

If I could give no stars I would. My parents roof leaking, rang Allianz, took months to get fixed. Rained again, roof leaked again, months to get fixed. Repeat again. Fourth time this happened they blamed my parents and said their problem. It's been years with a leaky roof at my parents house, both are elderly and have respiratory problems. The amount they have paid Allianz in house insurance they could have bought a new roof. Go with any other insurance agency because anyone would be better. Still have the same leaking roof qhich has apparently been fixed already lol NOT!

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater

Family home flooded

We went on holiday on Februaru and when we came back home, 2 bedrooms were flooded due to a burst pipe. We submit a claim with alliance and it was accepted after their investigation and some report from a plumber. At the moment, we are staying at a nice apartment hotel all paid by the insurance. We are stressed all about it but happy as well knowing we are all covered with Alliance.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateMarch 2019

Avoid at all costs!!!!

Avoid at at costs!!, the insurance products sold by Nab, underwritten by Allianz do not provide peace of mind...after 4 years of being with Nab i had an incident at home where water from my fish tank damaged my flooring etc, i get told this event is classified as accidental damage and i am not covered for this!!! I have complained numerous times only to be transferred from allianz to nab, nab to allianz... the pds lacks transparency, nab and allianz lack integrity, the nab website does not state that “accidental damage” is excluded nor do they have this as an optional extra... the words “accidental damage” are no where to be found on there PDS, all other insurance companies make this apparent to the policy holder but not NAB!!! Stay away!!!!!!! My family are at loss of $4,000to$6000 not to mention the premiums wasted over the years for an inferior / out of date insurance product... Nab does not take any responsibility and Allianz dont want to know about it

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateDecember 2018

disgusting

Terrible to deal with the cooper piping for the water and gas in my house was maliciously cut and was stolen after dealing with water leaks and having no water or gas it took alliances insurance 4 weeks to investigate .at the end they claimed that the house is insured for maliciously damages. but my house is untenanted for longer than 60 days they will not cover it.not only i had not had a tenant in my house for few months i now had to pay $3500 to repair the damages on my own .i am so helpless,broke sick n dis pointed.after paying $88 a month for insurance to Allians for 8 years straight.i was lift high and dry with out any help or courtesy by Allians. its taken me a year to repair the damages as i couldn't afford to fix all the damages at once . and still cant tenant the house as it has no gas.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJune 2018

20 years with Allianz house insurance made 1 claim and denied what a joke!!

Our Hot Water System failed water everywhere. Allianz said it was not covered due to 'wear & tear' what do we pay house insurance for? We thought we paid because of such a situation ie., hot water system failure sorry, Allianz said NOT COVERED so $1300 later we have a new hot water system paid for ourselves. What a joke! We have been with this mob over 19 years and paid thousands of dollars and never claimed against the Allianz Insurance Policy. To be treated like this?? Allianz is a corrupt, perverse, unsympathetic company who will deny every claim you make. Stay away from them!!!!

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJanuary 2019

I peddle this rubbish down customers throats everyday

You wouldn't believe I am forced to peddle this crap down the throats of every single person who walks into our branch at The Bank of Melbourne. Due to peer/manager pressure I had to cancel my GIO policy and take out this crap. The big day came where I am actually needed help due to misplacing a backpack and was reminded by my peers that I should make a claim as I had the insurance. At which time I was treated like a criminal and made felt to be an absolute idiot by the claims department. The assessors ([names removed]) requested at least 10 different items from me and made note that if it was all too much to just retract my claim. I cannot express my disgust at Allianz/The Bank of Melbourne for forcing these crap policies down peoples throats and when it's time to pay up, cause individuals a great deal of distress. Due to poor lending standards banks are now moving towards insurance, "the house always wins (casino)". In the end I just gave up it was too stressful and not worth the effort for a few thousand dollars. Do not buy, do your own research and do not trust a bank with insurance.

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Terrible insurance company

I have worked in insurance for 17 years and have been a team leader for 12 years out of that 17 years and my insurance company does not treat members like this. Had to lodge a business claim that has given me so much stress I had to request telephone recording to prove that I didn’t say something that would have effected my claim. Which finally after weeks and weeks past they got that phone recording and I was correct. Everyone is cold hearted and past you on to someone else or have to read the notes. My husband was so angry that he made me ring them every single day still dealing with claim almost 2 months old worst company ever don’t like paying claims out.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Better off just burning your money

I tried to do my very first claim as my house had flooded. I rang Allianz immediately when it happened. They said they would send out assessor to check the damage. No one rang back or came to assess anything. Meanwhile I was desperate and had to get the house repaired. I called them again and agin but still no assessor. 6 weeks after I first rang Allianz calls back and says assessor is coming. I told them its a bit late and I paid for all the repairs already. I couldnt claim anything back because they hadnt seen the damage for themselves before I had it all repaired. Did they want me to live in a flood damaged house for 6 weeks before they decided to call me back?

Property TypeTownhouse

They only want your money

I did lodged my first ever claim with this company and after wasting one month by transferring phone calls from one department to another they finally decided to decline the claim which was due to water damage.
Please please anyone stay away from them..don’t waste your time and money.they r crooks just want your money.pathetic rude customer service no regards to u or ur property or ur time.
Every policy is dealt with outer body everything outsourced.
0 ratings if I could ever give them.
Hopeless rude time wasting pathetic money hungry...Allianz you are nothing but sh#t...
STAY AWAY

Allianz Life Insurance

I have my life insurance with Allianz, and my home insurance with GIO.
Obviously, I've never made a claim on my life insurance with Allianz, I've still got a pulse.
The reviews here worry me though, if my family ever have to claim on my life insurance.
With our home insurance with GIO, we've never had a problem. GIO have always paid promptly on any home related claim.

CORRUPT

Do not ever, ever use this company, please, please, stay away from them. They will do and say anything to get out of
paying a claim. I have found them to be corrupt and dishonest. I cannot express how much stress they have caused me. They are ruthless and cunning. They send out engineers who always favor them. I had extensive water damage
from a leaking tap over a period of time. They blamed everything but the water leakage. They approved the very obvious items but I was left to fight for the rest and still fighting twelve months later. In the end they didn't even finish what they had approved, they left me with a section of flooring cut out in the hallway, plasterboard ripped out in the laundry, they ripped out the tiles in the hallway and left the hallway with timber flooring where they had cut out a section to pack the stumps, but they decided to offer me a few dollars and walked away, i did not accept the money, I wanted what I pay for in my policy.They are the most disgusting organization that's every existed. SHAME ON THEM!!!!!! I will fight them to the bitter end.
I am a mortgage broker and I will make sure that none of my clients ever experience what I experienced with them. They bullied me and never listened to a word I had to say, they were like recordings, always repeating the same things, just talking about them makes my blood boil. they have left me in turmoil. DISGUSTING

Insurance claim madeYes

Disgusted! Wasn't even with them for 6 months!

I signed up with Allianz in May of 2018 and the insurance begun when we moved house in June. I called them prior to moving in to ensure that they had my address updated. When I moved house I changed bank accounts and thought I'd changed all direct debits, turns out I hadn't. Despite having updated my address with them, they continued to send mail to my former address, then promptly cancelled my insurance altogether without so much as a phonecall or email despite them having emailed the PDS to me - said that my account wasn't configured for email correspondence! When I spoke to them today, they said I would have to back pay them to reactivate my account. Thing is - my home was not insured. They were under no legal obligation to honour any claim that would have been made during this time. I was asking them again and again - "Don't you think it would be common courtesy to provide more than one means of notification that your insurance was cancelled" - she could not give me a straight answer other than "We don't do that because we don't have enough staff". I am now looking around - thanks for showing your true colours Allianz prior to us ever having to make a claim!!

Fence claim

I have been with Allianz more than 6 months which I bought it from NAB, tried my first claim for the fence and they wasted my 4-5 months and now they telling they will only pay for the damage section and will send a builder for review. This is the most terrible and horrific company I came across in my life, don't have the option to give nil star rating, otherwise would have given that too.

Shonky. Beware.

I have insured my rental property with this company or a number of years. Recently our tenants did a runner and trashed our house leaving every inch of it damaged in some way. Flooring ruined, cabinets and doors damaged fly screens wrecked, tiles chipped, walls chipped electrical issues, filth everywhere. Allianz have refused all of our claim minus the smashed glass on my fireplace door and a broken garage door, the rest they claim (around 50 items) as carelessness/poor housekeeping and existing damage so is not covered. This is what $1200 plus $600 excess gets. Please please please stay away from this company.

Useless

I live in a block of units. The exterior is covered by Body Corp. I insured the contents with Allianz only to find out when I checked the contents insurance that they had used a Canberra address I live in the same road in Toowoomba rang them and I was asked if I lived in Canberra. I have never lived there. They sent the renewal notice to my Toowoomba address and had the place insured in Canberra, I asked them cancel the insurance policy and went to another Queensland based
Insurance company. Never insure with ALLIANZ.

Worst Insurance Company

Almost 15years been with Allianz. Worst Internal Dispute Resolution review. “We strive to do things the right way and keep our customers happy.” but Dispute Resolution Officers and customer service officers don't understand what that means or they don't care. There's no respect or empathy and always find a point to reject customer's concerns and they will waste your time and money. The worst insurer and do not recommend to anyone. Really disappointed.

Bunch of THIEVES!!

Stay away, They will come up with every excuse under the sun not to fix or pay for damages. Worst company to deal with.

Insurance claim madeYes

Does Allianz cover cracks in fibreglass pool?
Don't know, but something is sure. We've moved away from due to their restrictive approach with home insurances. AAMI was more adaptable.

How can the majority of reviews show the same outcome we experienced and then one absolutely over the top too good to be true fantastic, should I suggest fabricated review pops up in between. Who checks the validity of these reviews? What checks are made to ensure they are genuine and not the company fabricating great reviews. Very sus.
Don't know but check the profits for Allianz says a lotI'm not sure if this question is in relation to my very good feedback on Alliance (which shows as the most recent 5 star review at the top of the page), but if so I can tell you it's real. I sent a copy of the payout details etc to Product Review to verify my review of them. The claims officer went through our policy very carefully and ensured they paid us on every possible clause they could. We DID have a TOTAL LOSS fire though. Sure we had to get a couple of quotes: one from a builder to rebuild the house, one from a plumber for a rainwater tank (part of their $5,000 eco contribution that was paid in addition), and one quote for the cost of debris removal. The only thing that took time, was us finding people to get quotes from. Everything from the Alliance side was actioned quickly and efficiently. Would I insure with them again? ABSOLUTELY. Also... prior to moving we had a small accident with the car, which is also insured with Alliance. Paid the excess and got the car fixed super easy with no hassle whatsoever. I've never had to claim on insurance before, yet within a 3 month period I had to make 3 claims! ALL have been great (the other one with Youi, whom I'm also about to give a good review to). Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but we really honestly did.Thanks for your feedback but we have found this company to be nothing but probems. You may have been the one and only very lucky winner for the year. This was not a big claim and they have been obstructive and argumentative. Its good to hear that our premiums actually pay claims, not just CEO bonuses, all be it very rarely. I'm sorry for loss and glad you did not have the same experience with this company as so many other victims. They are a terrible company if they pay out only one case in hundreds. I have taken my business elsewhere.

Is stolen cash from the home covered?
Sorry, I don't know, best you check their Policy terms & conditions on line. Pretty ordinary when claims are sought , need to keep this in mind.

Similar listings