Allianz Home Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (10)
    • 1-2 months (9)
    • 3+ months (26)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (35) · No (36)

Kevin

KevinIllawarra, NSW

Allianz Policy is the one for us

Our policy was easy to establish and good value for money. It was tailored to our needs. We have been with Allianz for 4 years now and have no thoughts of changing.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Jennifer

JenniferHunter Region, NSW

Extremely unsatisfactory!

Average Service

It was easy to renew the policy. But for someone like me with a terrible memory, its hard to see what I am specifically paying for (named policy items) and what I paid last year. Assume this is a deliberate so that its hard to compare polices like for like unless i call them to ask. The ploy is good for Allianz but not for old codgers like me.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Allianz Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Happy with Allianz

The policy is good value and was no problem to set up.
While ever the policy continues to be good value I will remain with Allianz, this being about 6 years now that they have been my house insurer

tony

tonySydney, NSW

Great ongoing service

I have been wih Alliance for house and contents for about 5 years.
They are not the cheapest (TY is nearly $4,000pa) but the service has been exemplary.

Only one claim cause by council drains blocked so water cascading through garden and destroying fence.
Assesor was on site promptly. I attempted to get a builder and Allianz from the very beginning kept in touch offering to find a builder if I couldn't - great repairs by their builder and totally hassle free with Allianz. The price may be important but its the processing of a claim that is the MOST important.

sternbeck

sternbeckHunter Region, NSW

considering we have never made a claim got knocked back for a pump years ago I have nithing to argue about

went up a hundred dollars from last year so just renewed been with you a few years but that should be on your records anyway im not going to go dig out old papers now at this time waiting for the footy show

easy

Have had great experience with car insurance, very easy to deal with at the time
Two not at fault claims really great service
Never had contents claim, been with Alliance for over 20 years,

Darryl Moore

Darryl MooreGippsland, VIC

Happy Customer

Allianz staff members were extremely helpful in setting up my home and contents insurance for the second year in a row. Very good value for the money compared to the other insurance company that quoted.

Tozano E.

Tozano E.Darwin, NT

Terrible customer service who had rejected the claim wihtoutthe technical team's formal assessment

To anyone considering TIO, Allianz bought it and now they are an absolute travesty.

They hired builders to inspect the damage and all I heard when I called, besides the unhelpful and impolite tone, was exclusions, exclusions and exclusions. I felt at all times that they would look for any excuse in the book to reject the claim, at all costs. The representative I spoke to acknowledged the technical team had not reviewed the claim yet, but she still kept talking about exclusions.

Terrible customer service, uncouth and inattentive. Choose someone else if you want a responsive insurance.

bliss

blissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not expect them to pay out

They are really creative finding excuses not to pay out.
Avoid at any cost
I have been with them for two years and all was good until storm came from the roof and damaged my garage wall. I made a claim but that was when you see their true colour.

Glenn

GlennSouthwest, VIC

Yes policy is money well spent .have been with this insurance Company for a long time . Would like them to offer a discount for customers thst have been with them for a certain amount of time

Paul

PaulCentral West, QLD

Please avoid Allianz no matter what they say they offer at whatever price.

RAC

RACSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good Company

3 years for this policy. We are in the process of building another house on the property. When I enquired about needing extra cover when the building is completed the advice was very helpful. We have had both our company vehicles with Allianz for many years. Our claims experience has been excellent.

Piece of mind

It was easy to set up. Also it is good value. I did not made claim yet, so I do not know how long it could be to resolve the claim.

Ann Patkman

Ann PatkmanMurray Region, NSW

No loyalty for reinsuring

We live in a closed gated community. The rise in rates is disgusting. No loyalty rewards for not making a claim. We don’t feel like this is value for money

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS INSURER

Barry

BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Trust Allianz

Hopefully I never make a claim but if the time comes when this happens hopefully Allianz will be there to help me out, this is the only company I put my trust in.

Eddy

EddyPerth, WA

Expensive and find excuses to not payout

Expensive: paid ~1900 a year with 600 Excess.
They always find excuses to not pay out.
One example they refused to not pay out, and when i threaten them to leave, only then did they agree to pay out.
-What's the point of having an insurance when it doesn't cover you for anything.
Had enough.. Recommend RAC to everyone- Cheaper, and better.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Darren Becker

Darren Becker

Allianz denied our legitimate claim.

The TV was damaged by a lightning strike. Circuitry fried so no picture.
The Allianz electrician, (a Crawford Assessor) arrived, stepped out of his sports car wearing a Gucci suit.
He said to the effect of "I can't see any damage bro, can you prove it?" He was rude and disrespectful.
Allianz said we could employ our own electrician to write a report which they may consider.
I am angry that an Australian Company conducts itself in this manner. Guess they are cheap for a reason.

samia8

samia8Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great coverage and service

I’ve been with Allianz for 10 years and I’ve never had an issue with their service or coverage. In that time I’ve put through 2 claims and they were both handled very quickly