ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum

ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

0.75 points per $1 for the first $3,000 each statement period
Travel insurance and shopping insurance available

Cons

Points earn rate reduced to 0.5 after $3,000 per statement period
$295 annual fee, plus $65 for additional cardholders

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsCashback Offer, Complimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000.00
Minimum Income $35,000.00
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $65.00 p.a.
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 0.75 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 0.75 Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $3,000 per statement period

• 0.5 Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $3,000 per statement period

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.99% p.a.
Annual Fee$295.00 p.a.
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.49% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 75,000 bonus Qantas Points and $150 back when you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months.

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0.00
Release date

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Trent
Trent

Terrible application process and awful customer service.

No, this review is regarding credit application processes at the ANZ, which are terrible.

I had an awful experience applying for this card. Three hours on the phone. Indian call centre with people who don't seem to be competent. Emailed over 40 pay slips and over 6 months of statements and more information was needed, despite earning $150k plus per year with minimal history. Really, a waste of time and credit vetting over the top! Withdrew application as service was awful. Definately would not recommend!!

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inappropriate, an overseas call centre processes your your application

It is unacceptable that ANZ uses an overseas call centre process your application. They ring and ask for your financial details. My offer was almost refused because the person on the other end could not interpret the statement I sent indicating my previous credit card with another bank had been closed. The process will take in excess of 4hrs of your time not the 5mins indicated. Also most of the time the line will cut out or you will not be able to hear the person on the other end. Very disappointing ANZ, your level of service has dropped over the last few years.

hotcamel
hotcamelCanberra 2600, ACT

Decreasing rewards, difficulties closing account

Evonne
EvonneSydney, NSW

This is my main credit card.

To be honest I only use this card because it does not charge me annual fees with my home loan package. And because this is a QFF card, I become SO passionate spending money with this card so I can collect Qantas points (which I rarely redeem unfortunately). Not to mention it charges you 55 dollars rewards program fee annually even if my annual card fee is waived. So in general, this is not a cheap card. I would have better credit card choices than this one.

Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Find out how ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum compares to other Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

ScullsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy set up and good rewards points

Have always found ANZ cards to be easy to set up and customer service has always been outstanding. Keep checking to see when they have rewards points on offer for setting up your card - always a nice bonus when you get a card. Qantas is my main airline for flights and I find the points are transferred quickly and there are reports on what points have gone across. Easy FF card.

PattyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

ANZ Frequent Flyers Platinum

Works well for me because I have family interstate so the payment I make in fees is covered by the return Virgin Flight I get each year that I would have had to pay for anyway to see my children as well I also get the opportunity to use the Virgin Lounge twice a year.
Also I save fees on overseas purchases and when I travel and find it works better with this card but exchange rate is no different have had this card now for 3 years and works well for me personally if you don’t travel there are better deals.

David
David

Widely acceptable credit card

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
What you need to know about store finance credit cards

A store credit card can help if you need to make an emergency purchase but you don’t have the money. Read on to learn how store credit cards work and discover what to watch out for.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
what-you-need-to-know-about-store-finance-credit-cards
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Yuly
Yuly

OK to start with

They waived the first year fee and 65000 Qantas rewards point for new sign up at that time. Afterwards the annual fee can cost around $275. For spending above $3000 the point earning rate drops to 0.5 (normally 0.75).
It costs a quite a lot for overseas transactions both. Purchasing an item from stores such as BookDepository and TobyDeals Australia that are based overseas is also charged the extra overseas transaction fee.

paul
paulhowrah tasmania

Frequent Flyer rewards now very low.

Costs a lot extra for partners & extra to connect you & partners rewards to your FF program. Now only HALF a point for every dollar spent up to $2000 then you get NONE! Has got worse over the years since I joined ANZ over 20 years ago. Now looking for a better deal on cards. Wake up ANZ, you will lose more customers if you dont offer more. Read the fine print [for any card] before joining.

Pitpat
PitpatHobart, TAS

Was Ok at start then went bad

Eva C
Eva CPerth

Not interested

I recently saw that I was charged around 300.00 per year for this card. When I asked if they could do better since I was a long standing customer, they were not interested. So card cancelled and I can get the same at CBA for 50.00. And I get more points for dollars spent. So ANZ lift your game.

SydneyGuy
SydneyGuySydney, NSW

Disgusting customer service

My card is up for renewal fee.
I called ANZ and was put to the cancellation team!! I never asked to cancel just consider reduce or waive the renewal fee. The lady on the phone was extremely rude and was hoping i actually cancel the card!!
Disgusting customer service....hope these jobs go offshore and teach them a lesson how to "retain customers".

Travel Claim Took Too Long