ANZ Low Rate

ANZ Low Rate

Is suitable as not always pay card off by end of month. Can redirect rewards to pay done amount

Took card as back up. Advised beforehand of where I was going. Did get a warning of someone else trying to use card in another country and the the transaction was not processed.
Have had card not be accepted if not advising bank of use before going overseas.

Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Great Card with a low-interest rate on purchases

I rely on this card for months when I am struggling, as I do not always pay my card in full at the end of every month the fact that it is the low-interest rate on purchases, gives me the reassurance that I made the right choice, other features are usual

Rewards
Card Start DateSeptember 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Best catd

This is the best card I have seen so far low interest rate dont pisg too much if you miss a payment and give some time to catch up which is good sometimes when you are struggling
Not much effect for credit rating very good card actually
Low interest
No fees at all
Waives annual fee some times
Very very good best card of all

Rewards
Card Start DateMarch 2016
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Good basic card, with easy online access

I've had this card for years, and have found it to be a very good basic credit card. There are no bells and whistles, but the interest rate is reasonable, and you have access to control it online. ANZ as a bank are generally easy to deal with, and I've found that they're quick to fix any problems. Easy to read statement, and all fees and charges are noted in writing. The only thing I didn't like about the credit card itself was the fact that it had an annual fee attached to the account. Other than that, easy and simple credit card that does the job it's meant to.

Online Experience

I have had my ANZ Low Rate Credit Card for well over 10 years and found ANZ to be extremely reliable and helpful with every transaction that I have made

Excellent for the elderly

Find this card easy to use online I have never had any trouble with the bank & the low rate suits us as we are pensioners & having this card for our pension to go in makes it easy to do our banking on line

Card Start DateNovember 2012
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

Basic No Frills

Great easy to use credit card. Basic card without lots of extras, which helps to just use it when needed for back up and emergency’s. Low rate and easy to understand fees

Card Start DateJune 2017

Perfect for me.

Great back up card with low rate no add frills, I have only used my Card about 4 times and only for emergency. I see it as if I can't afford it. I don't need it.

Card Start DateJuly 2017
Main Point of ContactBranch

Perfect for Online Buying

This card is a low rate, and a low credit Limit. I use it for online buying as I have no other accounts with ANZ. Never had any issues at all, and have had versions on the ANZ card for almost 20years now.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

fair enough

My mastercard was changed to this visa by my bank (Pain in the a...) but the rate is lower, no frills, no problems. My best advice: don't get a credit card! Get a temporary overdraft facility.

Card Start DateApril 2019
Main Point of ContactBranch
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

Worst choice

I applied for credit card with excellent credit rating and was asked to send payslips which I did immediately. Then never received any response! No rejection no approval no acknowledgement whatsoever. I wrote to them repeatedly every day asking for a response and got none. The same thing happened to my Aunty and her husband. I think this is very wrong considering that it is now listed on my credit file and will affect any other credit I will have to apply for now. Really bad customer relations ANZ and thanks for ruining my credit file.

Advertising lie

Clicked on a link promising an answer in 60 seconds after filling out an application online, only answer I received was fill out another form and upload pay slips, this is not what the advertising promised would happen and lying means I will now close my 5 other accounts with them, make sure I put as many bad reviews up as I can and report their false advertising for what it is.

Scam - As always by ANZ

ANZ messed up my CC account & i was paying for a wrong card for 3 months. when i complain about the msgs i was receiving from ANZ, then they realized they have linked a wrong. now i m trying to prove a point why i have to pay interest for something which i haven't done. stupid & dumb as hell. worst bank ever

Cheap & Great Customer Service

I have not looked back since getting my low rate mastercard with the ANZ. It's a no gimic, low interest rate card that has a minimal annual fee. When I need to call the customer service centre, I get nothing but the best of service and my concerns are dealt with quickly and easily - no fuss system ! Thank you ANZ.

OK

Its a low rate credit card ,good for those who make a big purchase and pay it off over time

The repo men

I recently transferred a credit card balance across to ANZ.
First statement arrives annual fee as a purchase??
Off overseas on holidays mobile starts ringing, night & day.
It's an ANZ recorded message.
Your 2 days past your payment date.
7 days later there personally ringing me 24x7, to make an immediate payment!!!
I arrive home.
Statement says $20 late payment fee.
In stark contrast St George vertigo didn't contact me or charge me a late payment fee.
Rang the ANZ compliance manager & told her your a disgrace.
And that these tactics deployed by your department to prompt people to pay & that in the next 6 weeks when my super is transferred into my bank account.
ANZ will take precedence as a creditor in getting payed out.
I said to her does that tell you something?
My concern is if your circumstances changed
Even though I have an A grade credit rating or you had income protection.
You would not receive any help or support from this bank.
The only thing you will receive is a Chinese accented lady ringing & ringing you until you answer.
Then it's extrapolating money commitments, receipt nos & times & dates at all costs.
There is no way I would recommend this Bank to my worst enemy.
I'd rather deal with the Mafia!!!

Does not honor commitments, does not apply common sense

I had underpaid a bill by $5 given an honest oversight. I called and they gave full commitment to waive it both the finance and interest charges. Told me they will take care of everything. I paid the outstanding $5 but in the next month's statement, the finance and interest charges were still not waived but instead compounded. Repeated calls always ended with them committing to fix it but they never their commitments. Ended up, I had enough. Cancelled all 4 cards my wife and I had with them. Extremely unprofessional! I have so many credit cards but never such an experience.

They do not even check your credit background!!!!!

I am not happy that ANZ just given my husband a CREDIT CARD that he cannot even afford to pay if he spends them..I just don't understand how can they give a person a credit card especially when he is only a pensioner...Can you honestly answer me ANZ how on earth that you granted a pensioner a credit card?I called ANZ right away and ask them why did they grant my husband a credit card...the person that I was talking to just simple told to me to talk to my husband about it and I did...so we had an argument about it knowing that my husband is a hard headed one...I will probably gonna ended up divorcing him after almost 19 years of marriage!!!!That's how disappointed I was!!!.Don't you check someone else's background if they can actually afford to have a credit card?If people cannot afford anything because they haven't got any money,that means that giving them a credit card will help them....NO!!NO!!NO!!!you are just making their lives even harder because credit card is an easy way to waste money...you are not really helping people,especially if they don't have jobs...you are helping them ruining their lives and you know it!!!!

Efficient Procedure

** Pros **
The whole procedure from start to finish with an online application was efficient, fuss-free and confinient for someone with a busy schedule. Didn't need to provide documents or talk to anyone for follow ups.

** Cons **
Over 21% cash advance is pretty steep but I knew that before signing up, so I'm ok with. May be a con for others.
Didn't realise there was a autatoc annual fee charged once the card was activated until I received my first statement. Read documents carefully.
Conscience, speed of procedure and no follow up with any forms/calls.

What initally attracted me to this card is the low interest rate and the fact I am with the bank. It was very easy to apply for (online) and had an immediate answer (well within 60 seconds). The card itself is an ugly plain white, but you do have the option to go online after yo receive the card to change to whatever your heart desires. The card arrived in 2 days after applying, which I thought was lignting fast and was able to use it immediately after phone activation, which itself was very simple and took less than two minutes.
Easy to apply for, low interest rate
ugly card