ANZ Platinum

ANZ Platinum

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for ANZ? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

0% p.a. for 25 months on purchases and $0 Annual Fee in the first year
Ongoing Annual Fee Waiver: $0 if you make $20,000 in eligible purchases on the card in 12 months
Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance and Purchase Security Insurance
Add up to 9 Additional Cardholders at no additional cost

Cons

2% Balance Transfer Fee
3% International Transaction Fee
No attached rewards program

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance, Introductory Interest Rate and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000.00
Minimum Income $35,000.00
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $0.00 p.a.
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20.00
Annual Fee$87.00 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4.00
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.49% p.a.
Introductory Offers

• Online Experience
  • Application Process
AKR
AKRSydney, NSW

Deliberate set up of processes to bait customers into paying interest

-text reminders send when the credit card is overdue, rather than days before any payment is due
-be aware, once you cancel you credit card, ANZ cuts off your access to the ANZ mobile app and internet banking, i.e. you cannot check your final statement
-conveniently the final statement was also not send by mail, instead all I received was a letter confirming that I cancelled my credit card - thanks for that ANZ
-have to call the hotline to get the final payout figure, wasting my time - thanks again ANZ

Luckily there are enough other banks (and credit cards) around...adios ANZ.

Don't bother applying if you do not have full time job, regardless of your history with the bank or your annual income

Wishing to close my credit card with one bank due to the poor behaviours of the executive and as many of us now are contractors or take on short term roles - not able to pass the POLICY requirements for a card, regardless of the actual annual income.

Worthless interstate coverage

Was on a return flight home and Jetstar cancelled my flight due to ‘weather’ and only offered to rebook me in tow days time.
Bought a ticket on virgin for 700 dollars and then I found out that this insurance only covers return flight that are cancelled because of natural disasters and even then up to the value of the original cost of the ticket,
Next time buy proper insurance as this is worthless

Very very good

Hi there,

I got this card in May 2019 and I am really enjoying its features. It gives travel insurance, price protection and very less interest rates.

It also gives freedom to shop around without being worried about price difference because of its price protection features.

NBL
NBL

Very Good Service

I have been using this card since March 2019. Its features helped me a lot. It protected me with travel insurance when I went overseas.

It also gave me price protection as well.

I fully recommend this card to every one.

Ray
Raymelbourne

Free travel insurance with $250 spend

You are entitled for the complimentary overseas travel insurance if you spend $250 towards your trip plus other t+cs. It’s very easy to spend that on air tickets or hotels.

Bhaskar Lumbhani
Bhaskar LumbhaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good features of this credit card.

I have been using this card since March 2019 when I switched my banking from Commbank to ANZ. The features I am getting with this credit card is really great. I recently went overseas and I did not need to buy Travel insurance as this card insured me for my travel. I can get the peace of my mind when I purchase anything using this card that if there is price difference of that product, I can claim the difference.

Highly recommended.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

No need for cash.

bdl83
bdl83South East Queensland, QLD

Great, Inexpensive card

I changed to this card when I was carrying a balance from a Frequent Flyer card to save interest. Won't swap it back as this is a very dependable card and the interest rate is very decent for times you do need to carry a balance. Annual fee is nominal and even gets wiped if you spend over 20k PA. additional cards are free unlike the other ones as well. Highly recommend. ANZ customer service is improving. This would be a perfect card if it offered free overseas transactions.

pea
pea

Okay Card, Hassle Free

I have been using ANZ Platinum credit card for about 2 years. So far, it has been a good, hassle free credit card. It was combined with the home loan package from ANZ, so I do not need to pay for the annual fee.
However, it has no promotional feature such as points or offers.

JCC
JCCMarom Creek

Stay away from this one.

With so many Credit Cards on offer, there's no valid reason to opt for this one.
Ok you only have to be earning $35,000 pa to qualify for a $6 grand credit limit. But what do you get ...free travel insurance, whoopee.
But wait there's more ... you get slugged an annual fee of $87 and a hefty interest rate of 19.49%.
Now you know why I cut up my card. Shop around you can do better.

AMY
AMYSydney, NSW

Overall satisfied

I got this card as a part of break free mortgage package. It is super easy to transfer my balance to this credit card. I use this card all occasions including in overseas. Travel insurence is included so it is useful if you travel often. Overall, I am satisfied with this card.

Rick
RickQueensland, 4215

Free travel insurance claim and reimbursed promptly

Qualified for this platinum card nearly 25 years ago and used it for the frequent flyer points and travel insurance. At that time I had a Diners and American Express card as well as a Mastercard. Closed both my American Express and Diners cards as they were not received in many shops overseas, and have been using both my Visa and Mastercards.

Rates and Fees

Piyush khandelwal
Piyush khandelwalSydney, NSW

No annual fee and no rewards.

This is a normal Visa card which offers zero annual fees if you have got it as a part of your break free package.
This card doesn’t offer any rewards but cover free travel insurance if you have used this card for any travel bookings.

I haven’t used this card overseas so far so have no experiences to share.
I haven’t transfer any balance to this card so can’t say how easy or tough it would have been

Online Experience
Application Process

Poo
PooGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Low interest rate, less annual fees, Good for overseas travel.

Low interest rate.
less annual fees.
Good for overseas travel.
On the spot processing, no wait time.
Good for Reward points.
Excellence exchange rate for over seas purchases and travel.
I am happy and would highly recommend.