ANZ Platinum

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for the first 18 months

• $0 Annual Fee in the first year

• Ongoing Annual Fee Waiver: $0 if you make $20,000 in eligible purchases on the card in 12 months

• Complimentary Overseas Travel Insurance and Purchase Security Insurance

• Add up to 9 Additional Cardholders at no additional cost

Cons

• 2% Balance Transfer Fee

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• No attached rewards program

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Minimum Income $35,000
Additional Cardholders 9
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.74% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$87 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.49% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0.00
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 18 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 2%
Release dateJul 2011

No need for cash.

Twenty years I use the ANZ Platinum and it is in a way a lifesaver. We hardly ever run it up more than $5k but knowing that we have $36k for emergencies gives us peace of mind.

When our puppy got sick and the costs ran up to $15k, we did not have to 'beg' the bank for an extension or use one of those rip-off easy-loan places. We just used the card and paid the vet hospital, probably saving our puppies life.

We avoid all these reward-cards as most are a scam. They encourage you to buy things that bring rewards points as normal spending never accumulates enough points, or it never did for us.

So, the ANZ Platinum Debit card with an interest rate of 20.24% on purchases and the usual Bank penalties if you exceed your credit amount, take out cash or not pay down your debt within the interest-free period.

If you have the discipline to pay off the debt before you incur interest rates, this card is very economical.

Card Start DateOctober 2000

Great, Inexpensive card

I changed to this card when I was carrying a balance from a Frequent Flyer card to save interest. Won't swap it back as this is a very dependable card and the interest rate is very decent for times you do need to carry a balance. Annual fee is nominal and even gets wiped if you spend over 20k PA. additional cards are free unlike the other ones as well. Highly recommend. ANZ customer service is improving. This would be a perfect card if it offered free overseas transactions.

Card Start DateFebruary 2017

Okay Card, Hassle Free

I have been using ANZ Platinum credit card for about 2 years. So far, it has been a good, hassle free credit card. It was combined with the home loan package from ANZ, so I do not need to pay for the annual fee.
However, it has no promotional feature such as points or offers.

Card Start DateMay 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Stay away from this one.

With so many Credit Cards on offer, there's no valid reason to opt for this one.
Ok you only have to be earning $35,000 pa to qualify for a $6 grand credit limit. But what do you get ...free travel insurance, whoopee.
But wait there's more ... you get slugged an annual fee of $87 and a hefty interest rate of 19.49%.
Now you know why I cut up my card. Shop around you can do better.

Card Start DateJune 2001
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Overall satisfied

I got this card as a part of break free mortgage package. It is super easy to transfer my balance to this credit card. I use this card all occasions including in overseas. Travel insurence is included so it is useful if you travel often. Overall, I am satisfied with this card.

Card Start DateJune 2018
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Free travel insurance claim and reimbursed promptly

Qualified for this platinum card nearly 25 years ago and used it for the frequent flyer points and travel insurance. At that time I had a Diners and American Express card as well as a Mastercard. Closed both my American Express and Diners cards as they were not received in many shops overseas, and have been using both my Visa and Mastercards.

Main Point of ContactBranch
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Overseas/Travel

No annual fee and no rewards.

This is a normal Visa card which offers zero annual fees if you have got it as a part of your break free package.
This card doesn’t offer any rewards but cover free travel insurance if you have used this card for any travel bookings.

I haven’t used this card overseas so far so have no experiences to share.
I haven’t transfer any balance to this card so can’t say how easy or tough it would have been

Card Start DateJuly 2015
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

Low interest rate, less annual fees, Good for overseas travel.

Low interest rate.
less annual fees.
Good for overseas travel.
On the spot processing, no wait time.
Good for Reward points.
Excellence exchange rate for over seas purchases and travel.
I am happy and would highly recommend.

Card Start DateFebruary 2014

Good backstop

A convenient easy to use card that works well when overseas or locally. I got this card as a mandatory part of the break free package for my home mortgage.
Now that I have paid out my mortgage I may look for a cheaper option because the bank slugs me for a account fee each month.

Card Start DateNovember 2005
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

This card serves its purpose.

My wife and I have this card as a benefit of the break free mortgage package. We use it to purchase just about everything we need and then pay it on the due date. If it wasn't for the mortgage package we would probably shop around for a different card to see what advantage we could gain.

Card Start DateJune 2016
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Special Purchases

Cheap Finance

A low fee card $ 87.00 per year with no rewards. Interest rates high be warned. Main feature to me is at present no annual fee if you spend more then $20,000.00 per year . Supplement card included. As we do pay it on time.

Just the same as all other cards

I have more than one platinum card,The ANZ has the travel insurance attached to credit card,so that’s a great safety net if you travel overseas. I have not had to make a claim and ,presume there would not be any problems making a claim.ANZ has lower interest rate than my other card.The only difficult time I have had ,when I applied for additional card for a family member who was to travel overseas for 6 months,That was a very frustrating experience with the customer card area . 4 long detailed phone calls to different section to track down answers to were the additional card was.8 weeks out from leaving Australia applied for the card and after hours of my time repeating the same question to ANZ. The card arrived in a branch 2 days be for flying out of Australia .very stressful time.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Great Card For Everyday Use

We cancelled our Rewards Card and now use this Platinum one. It doesn't attract any rewards but if you spend $20,000 a year on it you don't pay any fees either. We pay the balance each month so have no idea of the charges the bank have on this card. It is a very convenient card to have when you haven't got the cash on you.

Card Start DateNovember 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Credit Card which serves our purpose

Using our ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Visa card for all purchases and payment of household bills, attracts a huge number of Qantas Frequent Flyer points which have taken us on many flights overseas and interstate over the years. The reward program fee of $110 for 2 cards still makes it a very worthwhile credit card as does the included cover of comprehensive travel insurance. There is a period of around 21+ days to make payment by the due date from issue of your monthly statement. Beware of late payments and interest fees if you don't pay the full balance by the due date. Allow a couple of working days prior for your payments to be processed.

Card Start DateJanuary 1994
Main Point of ContactBranch
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Served its purpose at the time

This card was a great product for the purpose of balance transfer, as it was a 0% balance transfer for 12 months. I did purchase overseas flights on it because of the included travel insurance. I currently have a better card for rewards with a lower interest rate so I will be cancelling this card soon, but would consider another card in the future from ANZ.

banking incompetence in the extreme

We recently applied for an ANZ platinum card as we were travelling OS and needed an alternate card. We responded to a phone interview that was complex and painful but clearly collected the wrong information. My wife has a full time occupation in public service and more than adequate income but for stupid reason ANZ thinks she has more expenditure than income. Kind of hard to understand how anybody can have this. The level of customer service and support was way below par and wasted many hours across over a week. We eventually just withdrew the application but it has still left a trail of issues. I still even get a copy of the application since it was done online - so I really have no idea of what it says. If you intend to apply for this card - dont use the phone service and think carefully about this card - ANZ has very much disappointed me. PS we able to get card that met our needs and at no more cost in 2 days with another organisation so why bother.

Delivered what was promised

Obtained card to get 75000 Qantas frequent flyer points after $3000 spend in first 3 months. Points arrived and still collecting. Nil fee for first year and free travel insurance. Some t&c apply but worked great in my case so highly recommended

Excellent value

We received this card with our home loan and it has been an emergency fund card. We don't pay any annual fees or any fees for extra cards.

Won't reverse a transaction to a potential scam site 10 minutes after payment made

With all the focus on the increase in credit card fraud, I would have thought ANY bank would be only too pleased to get onto it as soon as possible. I hastily made an online purchase of some shoes I'd been looking for, without checking out the site. It was a .com.au site, so I of course assumed it was Australian, and purchased the shoes too quickly. AFTER I'd paid I then read more, and it was quite clear that the website had not been set up by a native English speaker. I checked it out further, checked out the site, and read reviews that said other buyers had been scammed and that goods provided were not genuine and came from China! I immediately called ANZ to cancel the transaction, only to be told that I could not do so, but would have to wait until the goods arrived and then lodge a dispute if the goods were not genuine. The amount charged, listed as being in Australian dollars, apparently I found out also included a currency conversion charge, confirming my suspicions that the site was not Australian. The customer service person I spoke to lectured me on the vendor's point of view, and how I couldn't just cancel my order as it wouldn't be fair on him!! I pointed out that I had only made the purchase 10 minutes ago, which of course he would be able to verify himself, and that was not enough time for the vendor have sent off the goods yet. Didn't matter.

Seeing as ANZ actually cancelled my card some months ago because a vendor I had purchased from - they didn't say who - was linked with fraudulent activity, and the first I knew of this cancellation was when my card just stopped working, I am surprised that they are being this relaxed when I am actually reporting a suspected fraudulent activity at a time when they could actually do something about it!!!! Great forward thinking ANZ - not.

Excellent value card from ANZ

I applied for this card as a secondary card for larger purchases that I won't pay off in the month and because ANZ is my main bank. The offer is good. 11.49%, $99 fee, 55 days interest free and the only major bank with Apple Pay.

Application was easy and conditionally approved so I attached and uploaded my payslips to the website.

There was a balance transfer deal I didn't take up then after thinking about it when I received my card I though it would be easier just having 1 card to pay so I rang ANZ to see if I could retrospectively apply it. They were a delight to deal with and offered me 18m interest free and no balance transfer fee which was better than the deal on the website 16m/2%

All in all I'm quite happy with the product and service from ANZ.