Apple iPhone XR

Apple iPhone XR

64GB, 128GB and 256GB

Can’t live without it

Great phone! The camera is amazing.
The storage is great for keeping all my photos in one place. Functionality and ease of use is also really convenient. The battery life is great, easily lasts a whole day and sometimes two days out of one charge. Love my iPhone XR

Purchased in July 2019 at Vodafone for $1,296.00.

So Dissapointing

I usually love Apple Iphones,but this one has left me feeling so dissapointed,web pages dont refresh so you end up losing the page you were on,so frustrating!Cant see me buying another Iphone in future :(

Purchased in August 2019.

Great phone

Just bought a month ago,,only downside is it doesn’t connect with speakers with a regular pin! Camera quality seems good.. battery last at least 48 hours for me.. it also takes long time to charge battery

Purchased at Apple Store Australia for $1,280.00.

IPhone XR

I love my IPhone - everything at my fingertips and a wonderful camera -excellent camera and organiser!!.
I specially like that I can slide the space bar and dont have to delete everything when I have have made an error.

Purchased in March 2019.

Amazing phone

Awesome phone. I have made the change from Samsung to iPhone and am absolutely loving it. I don’t know why I hadn’t been using iPhone all along. The XR is an unreal phone and meets all my daily needs!

Purchased in February 2019 at Optus for $1,200.00.

Software

Better than all the iPhones I’ve had so far!

I’ve owned a few iPhones before this iPhone XR, and I must admit, this one really beats them all. The camera takes 4K images, which is perfect when capturing those precious moments of your fast growing toddler, or your special holiday memories. My favourite aspect is the Portrait mode - it totally blurs the background just like DSLR cameras! The size of the screen is amazing for reading books, or simply watching some Netflix. I also like not having the home button, at first I was skeptical, but’s it’s really grown on me - it makes usage so much easier! Apps open quicker, they run faster and I really love how you can fit more apps on one page. The battery also lasts ages (more than 24 hours and you’ll still have approx 40% remaining) which is much more than the iPhone 7 (which is what I upgraded from). I’ve always loved Apple products and this one so far is my second favourite (first favourite is the Mac), the functionality, accessibility and easiness just gets better and better.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,100.00.

This is perfect

I am thoroughly satisfied with my iPhone XR. I previously owned an iPhone 6+ and this phone is more than a step up. The speed of the OS is really good and the photos are magnificent. Highly recommend the phone. It is very user friendly and for an old bloke like me, it is just what is needed. The face recognition and the ability to pay for goods purchased is another luxury I enjoy. No need to carry a Credit Card around anymore.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,200.00.

Best iPhone I’ve had

I’m his phone is the best I’ve owned do far. The camera is so much better too.
Very happy with it, it’s a great size and the battery seems to stay charged longer.

Purchased in August 2019.

Software

Sleek, good quality but I confess I am missing the home button

The XR has a large screen (smaller than my previous phone, being a Xiaomi Mi Max). The camera quality is superb, especially the portrait mode and the selfie camera. The battery has so far been brilliant, still on 70% charge with a full day's use, including music streaming and 2 long phone calls. I am impressed with the speed of the device and the reliability of the connection. I am struggling with the gestures because I have chunky fingers that don't co-operate, so I admit I do miss the home button that the previous models had. However, this is a good phone if you want something that works like a defacto computer!

Best phone ever! So glad I upgraded.

I'm the type of person who doesn't usually upgrade their phone until it completely carks it, but I was moving countries and decided it would be a good idea to have a bigger screen and more memory for photos, maps, new apps etc. so it was out with my beloved 16GB iPhone 5S and in with the mighty 128GB iPhone XR. I have absolutely no regrets!

It is such an amazing phone, I was tossing up between some of the earlier models and this one, as several of my friends have 7s and 8s and love them, but I decided to go big and get the newest model (and cheaper of the three new releases). It has been absolutely life changing - I use my phone all day for music, navigation and general app browsing and I never have to recharge it through the day. I am barely using any of the storage space and I have all the apps I need, so I have been making more of an effort to take pictures on the lovely camera now that I actually have space for them!

Admittedly, the screen size does seem slightly excessive compared to my old phone, and my small hands do struggle to use it one-handed sometimes. However, first-world problems aside, it is the greatest phone I have ever owned and I really highly recommend it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Apple Online store for $1,499.00.

Great phone!

This is a device that is primarily for communicating. The fact that it now has a camera and you can complete everything on it a computer can do (better still with an application) is simply amazing. We as humans are quite spoilt. The only downside to this product is the price tag.

Purchased in June 2019 at Optus for $1,056.00.

Excellent phone

Great phone to have excellent battery health and fabulous screen display love the phone and will use it for a long longe time. Cheers apple for making this amazing creation of all time

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $1,299.00.

Best phone I have had!

Given to me this May aa a Mother’s Day gift to replace my much loved iPhone 6plus (which had to have a new battery and new screen and had slight water issues)
Was hesitant to feel much for it at first as I thought how could they really improve my already fab phone? Well they have!
It’s still a nice large slim size but it has face recognition which works perfectly even with my sunnies on!
It has an awesome camera which is great as I’m a new mum!
And the battery could go 2 days without charging on fairly good use during that time!
Apparently cheaper than the XS but better from my understanding!

Purchased in May 2019 at Good guys, Bundall for $1,100.00.

Software

Super battery life ever in an iPhone - it’s a true claim!

Though iPhone XR might look like iPhone X model, it’s super big screen can make your viewing experience so much better if you are into movies or photos. Not to mention it’s extremely long lasting battery life which can sustain the phone for at least two and a half days use with loads of texting and web page browsing. You don’t need to restrict notifications purposefully just to save some juice for the day anymore, what a relief indeed! Other models cannot be the competitor of iPhone XR, battery life wise!

iPhone XR can also enjoy the latest IOS beta experience, same as other more expensive models, the bezels though seem wider and making the phone looks rather small on screen, if you place the phone in a case which most iPhone users do, you will not notify the difference between iPhone XR and XS.

I owned the red iPhone XR, the red colour is just so sexy! I admire the fact that iPhone XR has the best battery life in iphone history and that’s the main thing for me, who would love to charge the phone every 5 or 6 hours and carrying the charging cable all the time? I reckon if anyone would enjoy doing that at all!

Purchased in January 2019 at Optus for $1,069.00.

Not worth it!

Great battery life, works well with ear pods. Feels very lighter than other models. Home button is missing! So to shut the phone down now involve several button presses in sequence.
Display is poor, recently it has got a discolouration on corner of the display.

Great Improvement

Camera is actually average. You can get better quality with cheaper brand phones. People don’t really buy the iPhone for the camera though. It’s the brand you are paying for as well as ease of mind and continuous support! Display is pretty good. Little to no issues with freezing. Apps run smoothly. Best thing I LOVE IS THAT the battery life is GREAT. Lasts forever! Highly recommend this phone especially if you can get a great promo from one of the providers!

Purchased in February 2019 at Optus for $59.00.

Software

I love the facial recognition & long battery life, great job apple

Great quality photos and video. Personalised brightness & display settings. Easy to play games on and use the internet, play music and social media all at hand. Apps run smoothly all the time.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,100.00.

Software

definitely improving from previous version

firstly the battery life is considerable incredible. This is probably the first iphone I have used where I can get two days of use on one charge. I would regularly charge the phone overnight one night, then go to bed at midnight with 50-60% left the next night, leave it unplugged, and finish the next day at midnight with around 5-10%. The size of the phone was just just about perfect for holding/scrolling with one hand, and I usually wear men’s size medium gloves for reference. The notch didn't bother me when using the phone for basic functions, but was annoying when watching videos; and I was a lot of videos on my phone, so that was kinda a deal breaker. It’s not that the notch bothered me by covering content, but rather the aspect ratio was based off the bottom of the notch instead of the top of the screen, so 18:9 aspect ratio videos either always had gaps around the notch, or they were cut off when zoomed to fit; 16:9 videos obviously didn’t fill the screen nicely either and made for a viewing experience closely resembling that of the older small iPhones. I also didn’t like the 18:9 aspect ratio in general as most videos I watch are still in the more common 16x9 aspect ratio. Face ID was very cool when logging into apps and websites that use password, but it wasn’t very consistent when unlocking the phone in the mornings (when half my face was shoved into a pillow and I looked like hell), when the phone was oriented sideways, or when the phone was lying on the table; ultimately, I reverted to turning off the security entirely. At that point, the notch became even more of an annoyance, since I wasn’t using Face ID; however, I did not use Touch ID on older iPhones either. With that being said, I do like Face ID better than Touch ID of previous iPhones. Another downside to the iPhone XR is the resolution. While the screen is indeed VERY nice to look at, the resolution was less that I would prefer. I would not have noticed the lower resolution of the screen if I had not been comparing it next to the iPhone 8 Plus. The problem is not with the screen itself, but that some apps had downsampled the display to 720p, instead of 1080p, which was very noticeable. I would say the iPhone XR screen is better looking than the iPhone 8 Plus in terms of producing deeper blacks and slightly better colors, and the lower resolution isn’t noticeable except for some apps as previously mentioned. Overall, the iPhone XR is and awesome but, and I recommend it, but I ended up returning it for the iPhone 8 Plus simply for the wider screen with 16:9 aspect ratio, and higher resolution.

Purchased in June 2019 at jibihifi for $1,650.00.

Excellent phone.

XR has been fantastic.
Battery life is great, function and processor speed is brilliant and fast.
Phone and screen size is also perfect to hold and fit in pocket, value compared to XS MAX is definitely worth it.
Very happy

Purchased in January 2019 at Kogan.com for $1,200.00.

Great

Was expecting it to be a little bit bigger then what it is but it’s still a great size, I love the camera way better then my 8+ camera. Apps download fast and runs very quickly with wifi

Purchased in May 2019 at Radio Rentals for $1,229.00.