Apple iPhone XR

• Software
Ayla B.

Ayla B.South East Queensland, QLD

Exceeds expectations! I like it

Camera quality is good and it survive multiple times falling on the ground and getting spilled with water. This phone is a user friendly. And the battery life is excellent.

Purchased in June 2019 at Vodafone for A$1,119.00.

Diana S.

Diana S.

I like it

The best thing for me is that it survived spilled water :)
Face recognition is became annoying in the age of COVID and Face masks.
Camera quality is very good, I love it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Apple Online store for A$1,000.00.

Changed my life

Getting an iPhone being able to apply for jobs send emails excellent performance change my life got me a new job made my finances easy to use just in general made everything simplified for me to do with getting my life in order

Purchased in October 2018 at Optus store for A$1,400.00.

Zeni

ZeniSydney, NSW

Excellent iPhone and amazing post-purchase service

I prefer smaller iPhones as they fit better in my hand, so the Apple iPhone XR was perfect. The post-purchase service that Apple provides is second to none - I have had multiple replacements and repairs, all covered under warranty.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$750.00.

Stacey Harvey

Stacey HarveyBraddon 2612, ACT

Love love love

As expected, iPhone delivers with great functionality. Love the camera upgrade and bigger screen. Durability is great (have dropped this one a lot ... have a great cover which helps). Couldn’t live without it!

Purchased in September 2018.

Ziyi

ZiyiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Phone!

Best phone ever. easy to use. Camera is great and featured the first new iPhone design Apple has introduced since the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus launched in 2014 with new screen sizes. It's responsive, apps run smoothly, screen is bright and the battery life is excellent.

Purchased in March 2020.

Sunshien

Sunshien

Going to buy a second one - love this phone

Its good value compared to the iPhone 11 Pro. Love the new colours its sold in. No problems to date. The water resistance is great. cant complain at all. Great Battery life.

Danielle Carr

Danielle CarrNorth Queensland, QLD

Great phone. Apple nailed it!

Upgraded from an iPhone 6s to iPhone XR. Great phone. Can’t fault it. Camera quality is great. Love the full screen with the removal of the home button. Battery life is amazing! Best iPhone yet and very happy with my purchase

Purchased in April 2020 at Officeworks Online store for A$1,100.00.

Software

Review collected in partnership with Apple

Jake

JakeSydney, NSW

My favourite iPhone so far!

I upgraded to my iPhone XR 128GB White from a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and I have to say the XR is better in more things than the Note 8 than I expected.

Especially with the battery life - whilst 2 hours of continually using Google Maps for GPS navigation would leave my Note 8 with a flat battery, it only uses ~15%-20% battery on the XR.

One thing I do miss though on the Note 8 is the Food photo mode. I can make do with Portrait mode on the XR, but the specific Food camera mode on the Note 8 was better.

All in all, the XR is my favourite iPhone to date (I have previously had a 4, 5S and 6), and I do not hesitate to recommend an iPhone XR to anyone wanting to purchase an iPhone.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$500.00.

Find out how Apple iPhone XR compares to other Mobile Phones

I am totally dissatisfied from my purchase.

I am totally dissatisfied from my purchase. . Because the shape and material of this model of iPhone is not strong and its texture is a cause that It can not be stable on a surface.

Purchased in January 2020 at Virgin Wines.

Kian

Kian

I love it

This phone is the best phone I ever had . Camera photo is amazing.

Phone design is beautiful as always so happy bougth this phone. Battery last very long.

I have told color

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,200.00.

Dee W

Dee WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A bit disappointed for once

My love affair with Apple iPhones is slightly diminished- not loving this phone as much. I do not find it as reliable as the iPhone X, the settings for Apps has changed for some. I also find the face recognition not as consistent, but I do love the red case.

Purchased in June 2019.

Kitty

Kitty

Great battery life

The battery life is much better compared to my previous phones. The screen is crystal clear and easy to hold on my hand and reach everything easily. Overall a good purchase.

Purchased in August 2019.

Leen

LeenSydney, NSW

Good product - excellent camera

Bought it online from Apple - 64gb. Screen was bigger than expected but the face id feature is an upgrade from the fingerprint security. Definitely will upgrade to another apple product.

Purchased in May 2019.

Zeeshan A

Zeeshan APerth, WA

Decent but not the best

I thought this phone would blow me out my socks but it turns out it wasn’t as good as I anticipated. Don’t get me wrong this is a brilliant phone but the software almost is impossible to use and the Os is absolutely a nightmare but on the bright side this phone does get the job done and I would recommend it to someone who needs their heavy tasks to be done quickly and swiftly

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for A$769.00.

Vickie-Lee T.

Vickie-Lee T.South East Queensland, QLD

Typical iPhone

Won this phone in a comp but it’s pretty much similar to every other iPhone I could compare too. Just a few improvements here and there. Quiet frankly I’m looking and changing all together still hate the fact that the screen is so delicate

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Ashleigh J.

Ashleigh J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This phone is by far the best I have had

This is by far the best iPhone I have used. I recall my previous iPhones always and forever breaking due to the glass screens. I am unsure what is so different about this phone however it has taken some heavy falls and hasnt broken at all or lagged over time like the other iPhones. Very happy with this!

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Kristy

KristyPerth, WA

Awesome!

Phone has been amazing, realisable and all round easy to use. The variety of apps (especially the free ones) are out standing - iPhone are always my go to phone when purchasing

Purchased in January 2018 at Apple Online store.

Steven

Steven

Great phone

Fantastic phone, does everything it needs to and with style. Nothing beats how fluid iOS is, forget android.

iPhones way easier to use for elderly folks as well you just can’t beat them.

Purchased in April 2019 at Apple Store Australia for A$1,300.00.

Tahnijade

TahnijadeSouth East Queensland, QLD

XR review

The camera quality is better then the previous few versions of apple which is Great! The durability of the phone is okay, I’m super clumsy and it didn’t break (without a case) for almost a year, when it does however it can be quiet costly.

Purchased in June 2019.