Apple iPhone XR

Apple iPhone XR

64GB, 128GB and 256GB

Not impressed apple

The iPhone XR is not much of an upgrade. The only positive upgrade is the phone is smaller, improved phone security, longer battery life, superior camera quality and speed. It lacks a home button. Other than that not much is new or innovative in the design. Siri is still stupid and face recognition doesn’t work.

Overall not impressed with this phone. I’ve had it for 4 months now and already have many problems. Never had problems with previous iPhones before.

The initial set up took ages. The phone had trouble picking up wifi and it froze in the middle of set up. I had to reset it several times to get it to work.

The touch screen is overly sensitive. It keeps taking screen shots when I don’t want to. I’ve accidently hung up on people in middle of phone calls when I tried to turn off loud speaker or turn on screen. What has annoyed me the most, is the torch keeps turning on. When I touch side button or open screen, every now and then I manage to inevitably turn the torch on.
Because of that, I got yelled at by a feminist lady who thought I was taking pictures of her.

Not only that, but I also had a glitch on my phone. The phone would suddenly black out with full battery and I couldn’t turn it back on. I had to get it repaired at the apple store.

There are times when the screen froze and buttons won’t work. I had to wait for the battery to die and recharge before I could use it.

I can’t stand that you need an earphone with lightening cable to listen to music on this phone. It’s a shame you can’t plug in any earphones like you use to, which makes it so you can’t listen to music whil phones recharging.

The phones longevity is questionable . My screen is showing a faint pink hue on bottom left corner. Not good.

Software

Great but glass backing makes expensive

Love this phone but I’ve cracked the back glass and it cost$$$ so I have to buy a new phone. Which makes it quite expensive. At least under 1 yr warranty I pay about $600. Worth getting Apple care.

Purchased in November 2018 at Apple Store Australia for $1,400.00.

Does the job well

Works great as you would expect. A little heavy and big. Battery life is good camera is average compared to Samsung. I have been with apple since iPhone 2. I am a creature of nature.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Great Phone

I bought this phone outright without a contract so was a big investment for me and was a little wary spending all that cash however I am so happy I did.
The phones functions are fast, new and fresh compared to previous apple updates.
The camera rivals any photography camera especially the portrait mode as it blurs out the background and keeps the main focus on the person/object.
I love that you can also use the whole phone as there is no home button.
I would for sure recommend this phone.

Purchased in March 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $2,000.00.

Save yourself $400 on a great phone

I say why not save yourself $400 compared to the iPhone XS. I gave my iPhone X to my wife and decided to try the XR as I wanted a slightly bigger display and had read nothing but very positive comments online. It has one camera instead of 2 but still takes great photos. The portrait mode works fine and the digital zoom is good. It has an LCD screen and not an OLED but really who cares as the screen is still excellent. The size is a little bigger than the X & XS but not huge and to me it is the perfect size as still fits in my pocket. The big thing is that finally Apple have got it right with the battery as lasts longer than any other phone I’ve had and they have all been Apple for over a decade now. Face ID seems to have improved from the X and works a treat. Finally the guts of the phone is pretty much the same as the XS and works flawlessly. Great phone that I cannot fault and I saved $400. Yeah I’m happy.

Best phone

Iphone XR is a powerful and great phone that i ve used. I was using a iphone 6s. Pro: Smooth system Con: a bit thick compared with xs or x

Purchased in November 2018.

A fun phone

This phone is so much fun to use. The camera and video are top notch quality. Make your own avatar and send fun text messages. Nice and slim to hold.

Purchased in March 2019 at Apple Physical store.

Software

Everything you expect from apple

It’s the same as every other iPhone but It’s too big and slightly heavy. Annoying to X out of screens as your hand isn’t big enough meaning you have to use both hands. I considered swapping brands but... I’m loyal to apple

Purchased in January 2019 at Apple Physical store for $1,400.00.

Best iPhone ever owned

This iPhone is probably the best iPhone I have ever had my entire apple career! It’s a great device and the software and hardware is top notch. Screen is also so much better than expecged

Purchased in January 2019 at Apple Online store for $999.00.

Too big and heavy,

Just not a great upgrade from a 6s it’s feels like a side step at best.

Much the same just another iPhone yet its a lot heavier and awkward big, i was not interested in a + size phone yet this basically is that.

I Don’t think I’d buy another iPhone

Purchased in March 2019.

Software

Best iPhone yet BUT can be improved

Fast, screen clear, big screen BUT when using apps such as snap chat and instagram a portion is cut off due to the front top speaker blocking the image. It’s also slightly muffled when talking in the phone...

These are the only negatives the rest is all possitive

Purchased in December 2018.

It is awesome

Apple you have done it again with this product the phone is awesone and easy to use and would get it again also going on the net looking up this is easy

Purchased in January 2019 at Vodafone.

Not good for Pokémon players

Constant freezing in Pokémon app is apparent in both the XR and XS.... is not fixable by reset or re-install.... the GPS constantly looses connectivity... sometimes 6 to 10 times in playing sessions

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,500.00.

Great phone

I recently purchased this phone and have been really happy with it. Great battery life, and the facial recognition feature works really well even when wearing sunglasses or in semi-darkness. I found it to be a vast improvement on my previous (older model) iPhone. I’m not entirely sure that I like the camera, as some photos that aren’t in ideal lighting tend to look almost blurry or pixelated, but that is really the only issue I’ve had with it so far.

Great Phone

Great phone;
Don't know why you would ever use a Samsung product when this phone is on the market.
Would recommend this phone to all my friends; no issues at all with the product.

Purchased in December 2018.

Software

Crap phone don’t waste your money

I hate this phone! Got it on a plan (upgrading) with Optus and after using it see no benifits apart from it being bigger and heavier! Cannot exhange either to another phone due to “no consumer rights” clause in telco contracts. Nothing about this phone makes any sense shame on you apple!

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,175.00.

Amazing

I have had my iPhone XR for just over a month now and I couldn't be happier! It works perfectly, has a great battery life and is just overall a really great phone. I would definitely suggest upgrading

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,092.00.

Software

Upgraded from the iphone 7 plus and am so happy with this phone. The color options. The size. The screen. The camera. The battery life. It’s so easy to get used to not having a home button too! Can’t even tell what the difference is between the xs/xr honestly. Happy with this purchase!

Software

A "budget" phone that seems to do everything I need perfectly

I used to be a phone snob. HAD to have the best and most recent model. But this year, when I actually needed a new phone, and not just a random upgrade to look cool, I went with apple's budget version, the XR. I use the term budget loosely as it's still expensive, but after a month of use, I must say, all apps I use, and videos watched, run fast and fluid, and the screen, while not OLED, is amazing. I think anyone who isn't looking to count pixels will love it. I can't find a fault. Even the downgraded camera takes great photos, and videos, and again, I can't think of anything I feel like I am missing out on. If you need a new phone, this is great if you love the apple ecosystem. I can't comment on other devices that may be better from other companies, but for what I use it for, this phone rocks.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,299.00.

Great phone

Recently got the iPhone XR. Waited over a month to post this review to make sure how well it works. I am super impressed. Great screen display great battery life and excellent speed shifting between screens and apps. I have to admit my last 3 phones have been iPhones but the XR is the best. My partner uses a pixel3 and the iPhone is much better expect for the camera. For all those the complain about pricing the XR is excellent value for money. And considering I used to have a phone, camera, iPod and gps (seperate) products. All now in one device I think it’s good value