- Watch Series 6 GPS 44mm Aluminium
- Verified purchase
High Expectations for Apple Product..Apple Watch Series 6
Bought an Apple watch series 6 for my wife a Valentine's Day present. She so delighted to get her wishlist only to find out the watch doesn't even turned on. She's a heavy apple user since IPhone existed. Now she's stressing about what's the problem and and a big dismay and letdown for both of us. She wants to return the watch the next day after we bought it. A big questionable for us about quality of the product which supposed to be a premium quality of for a premium price.
We feel it's not worth buying for this expensive Smart watch.
- Watch Series 6 GPS 40mm Aluminium
- Verified purchase
Loved the new features
Just got the series 6 delivered today, much easier to order online with Apple then other outlets, most either don’t have the size or colour or watch altogether.
The watch came via TNT express and it was very well package, tracking was very easy with Apple and the communication is top notch.
I did not find the cellular a useful function as the quality of the call on Series 3 was average and so only got the GPS. I ordered the Nike series 40mmm aluminium, loved black sport band. One problem I found was both of S/M and the M/L did not fit well ...on my wrist. Pairing the series 6 was much more faster then my series 3 and the latest update IOS was significantly faster. The watch come with 50% pre charge. Loved the new added complications to the watch e.g oxygen, various weather functions, sound meter, altimeter.
Purchased in January 2021 for $599.00.
Apple Watch series 6
This is my third Apple Watch. Great improvements. I got it of jbhifi with coupon pass retail was $649 and I got off with $589. Great deal. Highly recommend to upgrade if you have been using apple products
Updated from a series 3 watch and there is a big improvement. Screen and battery life is better and the apps work fine. Blood oxygen sensor works, has a fall detection that the 3 didn't have. Wasn't sure if I should outlay the money when I already had a watch but it was worth it.
Nice watch but is it worth the price?
I bought an Apple watch series 6 (Cellular, Large Aluminium Blue Case, Blue Loop Silicone Band) a few days after its release.
My previous watch was a Xiaomi Mi Band 4. I never owned an Apple Watch before.
I am taking up running, cycling and I climb twice a week both indoors and outdoors. I thought I'd give the Apple Watch a shot, mainly to make up for the the inconvenience of carrying a phone while exercising outdoors.
- I'm disappointed with the new Blood Oxygen Level measurement. It rarely works. You have to stay still fo...
- Includes Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity. Also available in a cellular model so no need to have your iPhone or WiFi nearby to make calls or use data
- Swim proof and water-resistant up to 50 metres, which means worry-free fun at the beach or pool
- OLED display technology
- Up to 18 hours of battery life (takes 1.5 hours to charge to 100%)
- Updated 6S SiP U1 chip (Ultra WideBand by Apple) allows connection between smart watches
- The Blood oxygen sensor tests your breathing while you sleep, alerts you to low oxygen levels, and checks oxygen levels in high altitude
- Always-On Retina Display which is 2.5 times brighter than the old Series 5 makes it easier to check your stats when exercising in bright sunlight
- Available in 9 different colours and 2 materials. The solo loop is comfy and lightweight and easy to slip on and off, while the Braided solo loop is made from silicone threads woven with recycled polyester. It’s perfect for a more casual look but a little different to the Apple Watch signature style.
How does the Apple Series 6 Smart Watch compare?
The Apple Series 6 Smart Watch shares many features identical with its predecessors that you would expect to see in an Apple Smart Watch. The Series 6 has 50-metre water resistance and Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, as well as a cellular option - and if you are exercising, going phone-free can really make a difference. Other features include Apple Music, Siri, Apple Pay, Sleep Apps, and Google Maps.
However, there are a couple of notable differences. New features exclusive to the Series 6 include the blood oxygen sensor, which checks your oxygen levels and an updated 6S SiP U1 chip (Ultra WideBand by Apple) that allows you to connect to other Apple Smart Watches and other Apple devices with U1. The Series 6 now also works up to 20% faster than the previous , making it the fastest Apple smartwatch yet. For extra convenience, the Series 6 now has an Always-On Retina Display, so you don’t have to tap the screen to check the time.
For most, the extra features that come along with the Series 6, such as the blood oxygen sensor, won’t necessarily be needed for daily use. So if you can do without this feature, the cheaper Apple Series 3 has a heart rate sensor that will most likely suffice.
Apple 6 vs Other Brands
Keep in mind though that Apple Smart Watches are not compatible with Androids. A cheaper alternative is the , which is compatible with both iPhones or Androids and shares many similarities with the Series 6. These include Bluetooth/WiFi/Cellular connection, blood pressure monitoring, water-resistance up to 50 metres but with a cheaper price point. It does lack some features available in the Series 6 though, such as the hefty 32GB storage space, as the Galaxy Watch 3 is only available in 8GB storage.
There are also which are very similar to the Apple Smart Watch Series 6. , and the all have blood oxygen sensors, are also cheaper and more targeted to tracking fitness goals. The FitBit also has many other features similar to the Series 6, like playing music via Bluetooth while you run or making mobile payments on the go. FitBits are fitness-focused and dedicated to motivating you and helping you find the right workout routine by making you aware of how physical you are or need to be. The FitBit sense has a battery life of 6 days in comparison to the 18 hours battery life of the Series 6, so working out every day won't mean constantly recharging your FitBit.
With the Series 6 attempting to add more of the traditional fitness tracker features that are common in typical fitness tracker devices, such as FitBits, it looks like the Series 6 is here to compete. But will the Series 6 live up to the hype? Only time will tell.
|Category||Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers||Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers||Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers||Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth and Wi-Fi||Bluetooth and Wi-Fi||4G, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi||4G, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi|
|Construction Material||Aluminium||Aluminium||Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Titanium||Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Titanium|
|Colour / Finish||Silver, Space Grey, Gold, Blue, Red||Silver, Space Grey, Gold, Blue, Red||Silver, Space Grey, Gold, Blue, Red, Graphite (DLC), Gold (PVD), Titanium, Space Black||Silver, Space Grey, Gold, Blue, Red, Graphite (DLC), Gold (PVD), Titanium, Space Black|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Altimeter, Blood Oxygen Sensor, Compass, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Noise Level Sensor||Accelerometer, Altimeter, Blood Oxygen Sensor, Compass, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Noise Level Sensor||Accelerometer, Altimeter, Blood Oxygen Sensor, Compass, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Noise Level Sensor|
|Waterproofing||Swim-proof and Water Resistant||Swim-proof and Water Resistant||Swim-proof and Water Resistant||Swim-proof and Water Resistant|
|Internal Storage||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB||32 GB|
|Release date||Oct 2020||Oct 2020||Oct 2020||Oct 2020|
- MPN: M00H3X/A, M06P3X/A and MG2E3X/A
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS - Space Grey
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS - Blue
- Apple Watch Series 6 (Blue Aluminium, 40mm, Deep Navy Sport Band, GPS Only)
- Apple Watch Series 6 (Gold Aluminum, 40mm, Pink Sand Sport Band, GPS Only)
- Watch Series 6 40mm Blue AL Navy SP GPS
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS - Silver
- Watch Series 6 40mm Gold AL PS SP GPS
- Watch Series 6 40mm SG AL BLK SP GPS
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS - Blue
- Apple Watch Series 6 (Blue Aluminium, 44mm, Deep Navy Sport Band, GPS Only)
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS - Space Grey
- Apple Watch Series 6 (Space Grey Aluminium, 44mm, Black Sport Band, GPS Only)
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS Only - Gold
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS - Red
- Watch S6 44mm Space Grey AL Black SP GPS
- Watch S6 44mm Red AL Red SP GPS
- Watch S6 44mm Blue AL Navy SP GPS
- Watch S6 40mm Space Grey AL Black SP CEL
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Space Grey
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Red
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Gold
- Apple Watch Series 6 40mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Blue
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Gold
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Blue
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Red
- Apple Watch Series 6 44mm Aluminium Case GPS + Cellular - Space Grey
- Watch S6 44mm Blue AL Navy SP CEL
- Watch S6 44mm Space Grey AL Black SP CEL
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.