Aptamil Gold+ AR

Aptamil Gold+ AR

• Breastfed Child Yes (27%) · No (73%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (82%) · No (18%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (22%) · No (78%)
jnu123

jnu123

Think twice, before you buy, this one needs special teat.

I do not want to give one star, but the product is not fit for purpose, it is extremely thick like porridge, which we tried three different bottle and the baby still can not drink.

It will be good in future it can label in large print it needs special bottle? it is very thick, buy with caution.

Please, Aptamil, see how many reviews like this - too thick.

Aptamil refused to refund or swap over, which put stress amid coronavirus pandemic - $27 wasted.

Purchased in March 2020 for $27.00.

Easy to PrepareNo
Jafrin S.

Jafrin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Helped with acid reflux

My son is formula feed from the beginning. I used to use NAN comfort which was good but my son has reflux problem so doctor asked me to something which will help him for reflux. Pharmacist said it will help him and it did but the powder doesn’t dissolve in the water completely. I am bit worried as the milk is ok or it’s meant to be like this. The milk is quiet thick which is hard for baby to suck even if we are using fast flow for my 7 month old.

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $26.49.

Easy to PrepareNo

Great for reflux

My baby had terrible reflux and vomiting while feeding other brand, found this in local supermarket and tried, excellent result . Baby stopped reflux and vomiting, milk intake also increased. Happy

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles.

Honnie-bel G.

Honnie-bel G.South East Queensland, QLD

Had high hopes

So I brought this for my 6 week old who suffers silent reflux and colic after using the Aptimal for colic and constipation which worked well but he was still vomiting alot we thought we would try this one. Unfortunately I'm really disappointed as it's so incredibly thick my poor son has a hard time sucking it out even with fast flow teats, and is now back to waking every half an hour because he's still hungry because he literally can't get through a bottle.
I wish I had of just stuck to the colic and constipation as this formula is quite expensive.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $28.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Honnie-bel you could add the Aptamil Feed Thickener to the Aptamil Colic and Constipation to make it a little thicker for the reflux. Give us a call at the Careline ph 1800 438500 for any further assistance. Sue Careline Nutritionist

Ivan

IvanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Improved reflux for 5 week old.

We switched to Aptamil AR from another popular brand recently due to my 5 week old having r reflux issues. Since the change over his reflux symptoms have improved and he has starting sleeping for longer periods of time as the formula works to stay fuller for longer. Formula is easy to prepare but does go quite thick if left out and not given immediately after preparation.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $27.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

So thick that baby could not drink through teat!! Terrible product!

Bought this formula as my baby has been very unsettled and gassy with other formulas of the same brand and prepared the formula to take out with us only to find that when it was time to feed my baby, she could not suck the formula through the teat as it was too thick! I opened the bottle to find it looked like thick custard. She could not drink that so we had to buy another formula for her to drink and that one has been fine for her.

Would not buy this product again! Getting the 4 I bought exchanged first thing tomorrow!!

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Natalie S
Natalie S
Stuart S.Aptamil

Thanks Natalie, We are glad to hear your little one is more settled now. Regards Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Leonie F.

Leonie F.South East Queensland, QLD

Great for AR but...

Love that this has completely stopped his vomiting and almost stopped his hiccups, but he has very,very runny poos. I am not sure what to put him on next as I like the formula just not the pooing. Any suggestions?

Purchased at Woolworths for $27.00.

Lhara O.

Lhara O.South East Queensland, QLD

No more vomit

My son has been vomitting every feed even though he burp after every feed, upright position , and small increments of formula per feed he still vomits. After reading a lot of review about this milk I gave it a go yesterday so far he didn’t vomit at all. It really settles well with him and He took the formula straight away.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $27.00.

Daisy

DaisyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

These product is perfect

AR aptamil Gold+ helped a lot with my daughter from 2 weeks old and now she’s 6 months and she’s more happier and fuller for longer ,she sleeps better during the night now thank you

Purchased in January 2018 at Coles Warradale for $27.00.

Karen36

Karen36Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very stressful time feeding baby this! Wasted money.

Was using NAN AR and things were going great, but the vomiting came back after a few weeks. Bought a tin of aptamil AR and took some with us to a friends house and OMG did bubz scream the house down as the teat was so blocked. (We use Avent variable flow teats). The formula just wouldn’t come through the Teat at all. Even had to pierce another hole through the teats and she was so frustrated by then. We had to drive home with a very hungry screaming baby and put her straight back to NAN AR. Happy baby again, just have to put up with the happy vomiting. Would be great if the company would recommend a bottle and teat in the tin which is suitable for this formula. The consitency is like a thick syrup.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles.

Toni

ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too thick and makes them have diarrhea

This product is way to thick and it has given my poor daughter diarrhea and made her really gassy. She is in so much pain. Would not reccomend unfortunately......... thanks

Purchased in April 2019 at Drugscreen for $27.99.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Caitlyn Hoskin

Caitlyn HoskinPerth, Western Australia

Very good! Works great!

Very thick, perfect for reflux! Only word of advice would be that you must upgrade your teat to the biggest size or else it won’t come through! Easy to prep! No side affect and very little came up after feeds. Have also found that she doesn’t really need to be burped afterwards either!

Alioop

AlioopWadalba

My son needed this formula

jason

jasonsydney

Wayyyyyyy to thick, Will try a different brand.

Gave my bub a horrific upset Tummy

I changed my babies formula to this aptamil gold AF as she has a mild silent reflux. The formula is very thick and frothy, filled bub up so she had a good sleep from it but took a while for her to drink as it’s so thick. It did help a little with her reflux but on day 3 of this formula she got horrific diarrhea! To the point where I was changing her nappy 3 times within 10 minutes! Apparently they changed something in the gold formulas and it’s upsetting babies tummies :( I’ll be switching back to my organic formula and trying a different route for her! On the other hand this formula worked amazing for my friends baby girl but it may have been before they changed something in this formula!

Amy

Amy

Should have put baby on it as soon as I transitioned

Absolutely love this formula my last baby was on it who was severe reflux and it worked from the very first bottle. The formula is thick and it does say to make at room temperature but my baby loves her bottle really warm and it’s just a little thinner but she has zero issues with keeping the formula down. The only issue I have is if she is going through a growth spurt and having several bottles a day more then normal I have to give her probiotics so she doesn’t get constipated which I’ve experienced in the past but now know how to manage it. It’s worked fantastic for my last 2 babies and if we chose to have another and come across the same issues I’ll know what to head for straight away

DMB

DMBMelbourne

Stays down. Doesn’t smell.

Bub puked up all other formulas, this was the only one that stayed down. It does get thick quick, but we just prepare it and feed him immediately. Sometimes needs a shake halfway through so lumps don’t form. It can sometimes block the holes too. Smells WAY better than A2.

Shan O

Shan OAU

Didn’t constipate, made him relax and sleep!

Easy to prepare and my baby loves it. All the other anti reflux ones gave him terrible constipation and this one gave him Mr Whippy stools! Helped so much with the reflux and seemed to keep him satisfied enough to start sleeping through the night! The price is pretty reasonable too!

Beck

BeckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best formula I used by far

Was using s26 gold prior to switching, and aptamil doesn’t smell at all, baby enjoyEd it a lot better because when I went to swop her back to old formula she refused. Easy to prepare, doesn’t clog your baby up and is gentle on their tummies. The only thing is they don’t make enough of it and leaves shortages a lot!’

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Beck, really happy to hear the formula has been working so well for your little one. If you struggle to find your preferred product, please email/livechat us through www.aptanutrition.com.au or call 1800438500. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Sez

SezFERNTREE GULLY

This was a lofe saver, loved it

My bub was on a different formula, but after every feed he would throw up what he had just drank, i found this formula, it was fantastic, easy to prepare, the first time i made it he drank the whole bottle and kept it down, he loved it, he put on weight, he drank whole bottles, he stopped crying because he was hungry and slept. No side effects apart from putting on weight

Emma

Emmaasked

Worked great for my last babe. Trying to transition my daughter into it now too as she is showing same signs was going great as a transition but now that She’s fully on bottles she is throwing it up quite a bit. Did anyone else find this? She only has about 4 bottles in the day and one in the night is this too much? I was following the guide lines on the back. I really want to stop breast feeding and she likes this one just finding she’s spewing if I give her a bottle every feed.

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Emma, the Aptamil AR is quite a thick formula and should work well for a baby with reflux. If a baby is throwing up with this formula, it could be that baby has a dairy protein allergy or that baby is drinking too much. Please contact us at the Nutricia Careline on 1800 438 500 so we can have a chat and help you better. Kind regards, Hilary, Careline Nutritionist

Emma

Emmaasked

My 15 day old has acid reflux and was told by our GP to thicken his feed. He was on Aptamil Gold already so I decided to try the Aptamil Gold AR in replace to try and help him. His been on it for 24hrs now, his a lot more settled but has now got really bad diarrhoea every single feed sometimes changing his nappy twice on one feed and also vomiting the whole lot up occasionally.
Should I not of swapped it completely? Or do you suggest mixing 1 scoop of Aptamil gold + and 1 scoop of Aptamil Gold AR? To see if that makes a difference. Please help his only 15 days old...

Stuart S.Aptamil

Please give the Careline a call so that we can help you. 1800 438 500. Warm regards, Lucie - Midwife

Alona

Alonaasked

Does Aptamil Gold AR make constipation to infant

No. Just add extra 10 mls water in each feed

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi there Alona. The Aptamil Gold+ AR is a casein dominant formula with starch and gum thickeners added, so is slower through the gut than a standard milk. It is always worth talking through a change of milk with your Doctor or Dietitian and we at the Careline are happy to chat with you about what may work best for your baby. Please give us a call on 1800 438 500 or come and livechat us on nutriciacareline.com.au.
Kristin, Dietitian
Nutricia Careline

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives