Aptamil Gold+ AR

Aptamil Gold+ AR

Ivan

IvanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Improved reflux for 5 week old.

We switched to Aptamil AR from another popular brand recently due to my 5 week old having r reflux issues. Since the change over his reflux symptoms have improved and he has starting sleeping for longer periods of time as the formula works to stay fuller for longer. Formula is easy to prepare but does go quite thick if left out and not given immediately after preparation.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles for $27.00.

Breastfed Child Yes
Caused Unease / Sickness No

So thick that baby could not drink through teat!! Terrible product!

Bought this formula as my baby has been very unsettled and gassy with other formulas of the same brand and prepared the formula to take out with us only to find that when it was time to feed my baby, she could not suck the formula through the teat as it was too thick! I opened the bottle to find it looked like thick custard. She could not drink that so we had to buy another formula for her to drink and that one has been fine for her.

Would not buy this product again! Getting the 4 I bought exchanged first thing tomorrow!!

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Natalie S
Natalie S
Stuart S.Aptamil

Thanks Natalie, We are glad to hear your little one is more settled now. Regards Sue Careline Nutritionist.

Leonie F.

Leonie F.South East Queensland, QLD

Great for AR but...

Love that this has completely stopped his vomiting and almost stopped his hiccups, but he has very,very runny poos. I am not sure what to put him on next as I like the formula just not the pooing. Any suggestions?

Purchased at Woolworths for $27.00.

Lhara O.

Lhara O.South East Queensland, QLD

No more vomit

My son has been vomitting every feed even though he burp after every feed, upright position , and small increments of formula per feed he still vomits. After reading a lot of review about this milk I gave it a go yesterday so far he didn’t vomit at all. It really settles well with him and He took the formula straight away.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $27.00.

Daisy

DaisyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

These product is perfect

AR aptamil Gold+ helped a lot with my daughter from 2 weeks old and now she’s 6 months and she’s more happier and fuller for longer ,she sleeps better during the night now thank you

Purchased in January 2018 at Coles Warradale for $27.00.

Karen36

Karen36Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very stressful time feeding baby this! Wasted money.

Was using NAN AR and things were going great, but the vomiting came back after a few weeks. Bought a tin of aptamil AR and took some with us to a friends house and OMG did bubz scream the house down as the teat was so blocked. (We use Avent variable flow teats). The formula just wouldn’t come through the Teat at all. Even had to pierce another hole through the teats and she was so frustrated by then. We had to drive home with a very hungry screaming baby and put her straight back to NAN AR. Happy baby again, just have to put up with the happy vomiting. Would be great if the company would recommend a bottle and teat in the tin which is suitable for this formula. The consitency is like a thick syrup.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles.

Toni

ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too thick and makes them have diarrhea

This product is way to thick and it has given my poor daughter diarrhea and made her really gassy. She is in so much pain. Would not reccomend unfortunately......... thanks

Purchased in April 2019 at Drugscreen for $27.99.

Breastfed Child Yes
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Caitlyn Hoskin

Caitlyn HoskinPerth, Western Australia

Very good! Works great!

Very thick, perfect for reflux! Only word of advice would be that you must upgrade your teat to the biggest size or else it won’t come through! Easy to prep! No side affect and very little came up after feeds. Have also found that she doesn’t really need to be burped afterwards either!

Alioop

AlioopWadalba

My son needed this formula

jason

jasonsydney

Wayyyyyyy to thick, Will try a different brand.

Gave my bub a horrific upset Tummy

I changed my babies formula to this aptamil gold AF as she has a mild silent reflux. The formula is very thick and frothy, filled bub up so she had a good sleep from it but took a while for her to drink as it’s so thick. It did help a little with her reflux but on day 3 of this formula she got horrific diarrhea! To the point where I was changing her nappy 3 times within 10 minutes! Apparently they changed something in the gold formulas and it’s upsetting babies tummies :( I’ll be switching back to my organic formula and trying a different route for her! On the other hand this formula worked amazing for my friends baby girl but it may have been before they changed something in this formula!

Amy

Amy

Should have put baby on it as soon as I transitioned

Absolutely love this formula my last baby was on it who was severe reflux and it worked from the very first bottle. The formula is thick and it does say to make at room temperature but my baby loves her bottle really warm and it’s just a little thinner but she has zero issues with keeping the formula down. The only issue I have is if she is going through a growth spurt and having several bottles a day more then normal I have to give her probiotics so she doesn’t get constipated which I’ve experienced in the past but now know how to manage it. It’s worked fantastic for my last 2 babies and if we chose to have another and come across the same issues I’ll know what to head for straight away

DMB

DMBMelbourne

Stays down. Doesn’t smell.

Bub puked up all other formulas, this was the only one that stayed down. It does get thick quick, but we just prepare it and feed him immediately. Sometimes needs a shake halfway through so lumps don’t form. It can sometimes block the holes too. Smells WAY better than A2.

Shan O

Shan OAU

Didn’t constipate, made him relax and sleep!

Easy to prepare and my baby loves it. All the other anti reflux ones gave him terrible constipation and this one gave him Mr Whippy stools! Helped so much with the reflux and seemed to keep him satisfied enough to start sleeping through the night! The price is pretty reasonable too!

Beck

BeckGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best formula I used by far

Was using s26 gold prior to switching, and aptamil doesn’t smell at all, baby enjoyEd it a lot better because when I went to swop her back to old formula she refused. Easy to prepare, doesn’t clog your baby up and is gentle on their tummies. The only thing is they don’t make enough of it and leaves shortages a lot!’

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Beck, really happy to hear the formula has been working so well for your little one. If you struggle to find your preferred product, please email/livechat us through www.aptanutrition.com.au or call 1800438500. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Sez

SezFERNTREE GULLY

This was a lofe saver, loved it

My bub was on a different formula, but after every feed he would throw up what he had just drank, i found this formula, it was fantastic, easy to prepare, the first time i made it he drank the whole bottle and kept it down, he loved it, he put on weight, he drank whole bottles, he stopped crying because he was hungry and slept. No side effects apart from putting on weight

Jean H

Jean HAU

A life saver

Bubs suffered from silent reflux. It was hard to get drs to listen so I did my research and found this ar formula. I found it did make her constipated so I mixed 50/50 with Aptimal gold plus then slowly weaned her down to 1 scoops of ar with 3 normal for a 200ml bottle. Try mixing if you are looking for a less constipating AR formula mix

JLE

JLEbunbury

Niece likes it!

The formula is easy to make and very simple. Also easy to clean (if your a clumsy person), niece seems to love this stuff! She hasn't suffered any reflux or throwing up after consuming this (id say that a plus)she loves drinking some before bed.
Plus its almost always sold out in stores, so it must be decent.

Rosh R.

Rosh R.Sydney

Premium product at a premium price

This formula is really easy to prepare, and is great for babies suffering from indigestion/reflux.
It is a high quality product filled with great nutrients, but comes at a dear price unless buying in bulk.
It seems to be popular with bub, and my family's kids also seem to have no problem

Krystal

KrystalMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for reflux

This formula is easy to prepare. I had 2 x really bad reflux babies we swapped to this formula and we finally got sleep at night again. There was no side effects except a great nights sleep lol.
I recommend this formula to people who have babies with bad reflux!

Zeinab K.

Zeinab K.asked

My son has really bad reflux, i was giving him s-26 gold, and he used to poop once a day, then i wanted to try aptimal anti reflux, that made my son to stop vomiting but he started to poop after each feed which is like 7 times a day, and they are watery, so my mother in law was saying that the way he was pooping isnt normal, and she made me go back to s-26 , want to know if its normal for my baby to poop after each feed and with diarrhea??

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Zeinab, your mother in law is correct; 7 runny bowel motions a day is not normal. It would be best to chat further with us so we can recommend the best option for your baby. Call the Careline on 1800438500. Sue Careline Nutritionist

Kaden D.

Kaden D.asked

Hi wanting to know if anyone has had there baby on Aptamil AR for long term? As it bottle says short term use only

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi there Kaden. This warning is legally required to be on the package of all 'non-standard' formulas. The reason for this is that the core range formulas are considered to be the best choice for babies who do not have breast milk available as a feed. This warning is designed to direct parents towards core range milks, as most babies can tolerate them. For those who need a 'tailored nutrition' product (special milk), it is always recommended that their health care professional is consulted to ensure that the most suitable alternative product is chosen for the best health outcomes for baby. The Aptamil Gold+ AR is a complete feed for babies under 6 months, but do please give us a call or livechat at the Careline (1800 438500/nutriciacareline@danone.com) if you would like to talk this through.
Kristin
Dietitian Nutricia Careline

Borna A.

Borna A.asked

What bottle and teat to use for this formula? It’s so thick that it doesn’t come out with a slow or medium flow teat. I use comotomo bottle.

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hello Borna A. The Aptamil Gold+ AR needs a variable flow or cross cut teat to enable baby to feed effectively due to the thickness of the milk. The variable flow has a slit (rather than a hole) which forms a large hole when squashed by babies mouth. The babies who do well on this milk tend to be vigorous feeders who finish a bottle of normal thickness milk within 10 minutes.
DO please call, livechat or email (1800 438500/nutriciacareline@danone.com) us if you would like some personalised advice about what may work best for your little one.
Kristin- Dietitian

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives

CategoryBaby Formulas