Ariston CP059MDX

MPN: CP059MDX

Chris

ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

10 years young

Bought a CP 059 MD.3 (X) F model Ariston in 2009. It's been a great appliance, cooking for a large family.
Looking to change ovens so checking what others think. This model is still around, without change, so shows how good it must be.
All the functions work well. It has stood up to 10 years of cleaning without a hitch. Only thing I replaced this year was the oven seal, which was readily available on-line and an easy job. Well done ARISTON

Purchased in May 2009 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,100.00.

Never again

Bought a CP859 in 2005. Looks great and two dinner plates fit side by side in the oven. Thermostat failed when first switched oven on. Repaired under warranty but blew when the technician switched oven on. Third thermostat lasted for several years. Fan element blew as did top element. Door seals replaced three times. Stencils wear out if front of oven cleaned so fascia replaced and it no longer gets cleaned Jets on two of the burners replaced right front burner still pathetic.
Clock had to be replaced.
Thermostat has failed again. Looking to buy another brand.
Looks great but prefer a reliable oven to cook with.

Purchased in April 2005 at Austec for $2,500.00.

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s an okay oven, but parts keep breaking and aren’t cheap to replace

Purchased in December 2011.

Mika T

Mika TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent at breaking

Out of warranty now (9 yrs old) and the following is broken/need replacing: clock, back right burner, door seal, thermostat (not always reliable), oven door hinges, upper element (grill doesn’t work), oven door seal. I have already replaced the following: oven door glass (it just shattered while I was cooking!), oven door seal (3x). Even when it was working it had cold spots and wouldn’t bake evenly. I feel cheated. I cook a lot and endure this price of garbage every day. I’m saving for a replacement.

Purchased in June 2009 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $3,500.00.

Ariston 90 cm free standing oven

Date PurchasedAug 2009

Caza

CazaMullumbimby

A good stove

After 3 years and a couple of initial problems I would like to add to my initial rather negative review and say that I am quite happy with my Ariston stove. I love the wok-burner which provides very high heat necessary for restaurant quality Asian cooking. Also the extra frypan trivett, the small, simmer trivett (which I also use for my Bellman Espresso coffee maker). I'm enjoying the large oven space and the self-cleaning option. I do find it necessary to clean the glass door however, and for this I use a gentle non abrasive cleaning agent and soft cloth.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Best appliance I own

Great adjustable burners& amazing temp control in oven,I can make yogurt in it 37-38 degrees.Timer very easy to use.Have to use fifty words so I am now wasting space but I am very happy.The first night I cooked at 9 pm (normally 6pm) because I had to throw away the old Eurolec (thank goodness)& the 3 pizzas at once were perfectly cooked

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Happy Cook, we are delighted to hear your positive experience with your Ariston freestanding cooker. Thanks for your feedback! Kind regards, Ariston Team.

Steve

SteveBrisbane

Great build

Ariston has designed a brilliant oven here.. it comes with a 5 year warranty as well as being an Italian company .. they know food .. most importantly the oven has only around a 3° variation in temperature so is a very accurate cook due to the way they have built in the insulation.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Sablenip

SablenipGwandalan NSW

Oven Defects

Oven Door is almost impossible to remove for cleaning inside oven. Self cleaning does not work well.
Temperature indication is not accurate, according to oven thermometer.Otherwise cooking is reliable.
Timer is easy to set.We have not had any other problems since installation. We had to ask for the slide out trays as they were not deloivered with the oven. It turned out that was because it was a misprint in the brochure. However Ariston honoured the mistaken offer and sent the parts.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Poor quality smoke machine.

I have had my oven for a year and a half, within this time the ‘self cleaning’ oven has never self cleaned, rather it fills the house with smoke. Any oven cleaner used voids the warranty. The included oven tray warped after first use and is now completely unusable. The rubber seals have deteriorated, becoming cracked and brittle. I wish I had purchased another oven. This one is a cheap imitation of a good oven.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Anthony F.Ariston

Review collected in partnership with Ariston

Ariston Oven - so good!

We have the 90cm upright Ariston oven with 5 gas hobs. It’s about 10 years old now but still works perfectly. We cook on or in it almost every night. Gas can take a little getting used to if you used ceramic tops before but once you get used to it gas is brilliant. Oven has all the usual functions - fan bake, bake, grill. I also use the timer and auto cook settings so I can pop dinner in the oven and leave it to cook for a specified length of time when I have to drop/ collect kids from activities in the evening but want to come home to a cooked dinner. Overall I have been really happy with it - except it needs a good clean, I see Ariston does a self-cleaning version now and seriously considering an upgrade!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2007
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Katiepie, fantastic to hear how much you love your Ariston oven. We love reading positive reviews like yours! Kind regards, Ariston Brand.

Dodgy hinges, fan broken - under 2 years old

The oven is a lemon. It was installed less than two years ago and needs repairing again.

The door seal was repaired after 10 months and then broke again a week later. This has never happened on any other oven I've owned. It remains broken because I'm not paying for the repair of a part that will immediately break again.

The fan is now broken and the oven can't be used. It's less than two years old!

I would be very hesitant to buy Ariston in future, the quality is exceedingly poor.

Unlike the glowing reviews which are clearly fakes (written by the same person presumably) this one is a real one!

Date PurchasedOct 2015

High End Oven at affordable price

Purchased just recently and very impressed , early days though but with that said the wok burner lives up to my expectation and beyond. Love cooking with a wok and the double burner allows you to get the heat in the wok really quickly . We are on lpg and the burners I believe are just as efficient as being on natural gas . Didn,t think it was possible to cook a chook straight from the freezer to the oven and this was another impressive feature this oven had, yet to use the rotisserie however I am sure it will live up to my expectation. Looks impressive in the kitchen and look forward to many years of trouble free cooking

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Josephine

JosephineDunedin

Oven door seal issues

Like many many other reviews, our recently bought home has a 7year old ariston cp059. Obviously the seals are useless however can we get new door hinges to try and fix the ajar door issue. It's not good to be wasting electricity. I'm starting to use my outside hooded BBQ. ...and we are in nz

Date PurchasedAug 2009
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Josephine, sorry to hear about your issue. I recommend calling our New Zealand customer service team on 0011 64 9306 1020. Kind regards, Ariston Brand.

Ash

Ashperth

Very handy.

This item is very convenient especially in my fast paced life and environment- where there is no time for any malfunctioning kitchenware. It's preheating is quite fast and it sufficiently heats up in time for putting any food in. It performs its job without burning any dishes and hence i'm overall quite happy with this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Love it

Very happy about this purchase. Good size and able to fit quite a few things on it. Very nice and it's a good buy. The 5 burner stove works well when I have a few pots and pans on the go together. The only problem seems that it's easy to have scratches when clean the stove.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Anthony F.Ariston

Thank you for your very positive review, Sunshine. We are glad you are enjoying your Ariston appliance. Kind regards, Ariston Brand.

July

July

Good value

It is a pleasant shopping experience as it has brought a lot of convenience to my fast paced life. I used to cook food with much oil and smokes, which is unhealthy to our bodies. But food cooked by oven is much quicker and healthier. I can also make some cakes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Jenny

Jenny

love my new oven

I am very satisfied with this new oven. It is big enough to fit many things on it and can cook a delicious meal for two people. It also makes my life much easier and saves a lot of valuable time. I will definitely recommend this product to my friend!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Wayne

WayneMelbourne

Perfect

Nice size as it is big and able to fit many things on it. The fire is very big and make the food become well done quickly. I love it so much. Very nice and worth to buy. I suggest you all need to buy product like this. Very nice colour also and safe to use. Recommended to buy this product

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Bronte L

Bronte LBrisbane

Love my oven, great customer service!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Matt B

Matt Basked

Our oven is approx 6 years old and the door is stuck in the closed position. It requires a lot of force to open it as though one or both of the hinges are stuck. Is this a common issue and what is the fix required?

Josh

Mine was the same... pulled the door off and degreased the hinges and then lubricated them with a heat resistant lubricant... much better now.

The oven in my opinion is a piece of shit... my rear ran element has blown 3 times, the clock is dead and beeps randomly... it’s on the chopping block when the next major thing breaks on it.

Hi Matt,
We recommend a service agent come out to have a look at the oven before it gets harder to open the door and the oven gets damaged. You can arrange a service by giving Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219.

Diane S.asked

hi I have a CP059MDX and the cooking functions are worn off around the knobs are there facia sticker sets that i can purchase

Hi Diane,
The function icons are printed onto the oven fascia at the factory, so unfortunately we do not have replacement stickers.

Diane S.

Thanks alls good, tracked company Oven Stickers in the UK.

Judy

Judyasked

Do I remove the rotisserie drip tray when I am baking normally? If not where should it go during normal cooking?

carolfreedman

i always left a tray in the bottom covered in silver foil to catch all the crap, kept the oven nice and clean. so yes, leave it in all the time.

Hi Judy,
The rotisserie drip tray can also be used as a regular trip dray when baking normally. As another person already said; the drip tray will stop food dripping and keep the bottom of the oven clean.
Regards

Get an answer from our members and Ariston representatives

CategoryFreestanding Ovens