Ariston CP859MTX

MPN: CP859MTX

Anna B

Anna BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flawed unfortunately

Gas top with 5 drivers is excellent. However, oven door HINGES and seal replaced twice in 8 years I've owned it(1st time-within a year) $400 each time. Both times didn't last longer than a week. Lived with oven door not closing properly, but now, the escaping heat has burnt out oven setting buttons and clock, causing spark. Turned off its electricity and am buying new stove. Oh and SELF cleaning ? Haha

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Great stove, very happy with it.

Love cooking on this gas stove, the oven cooks great, the only issue I have with this stove is the stainless steel top is soft and scratches easily, the cast iron trivet has a chip on it and the oven is a little loud. If you can live with this the stove/oven is fantastic.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Review collected in partnership with Ariston

David11Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Once again another BAD REVIEW

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Same problems as others

The oven door doesn't close properly, wasting a lot of energy (ie money). We have had the stove about 7 years and the rubber seal on the door has broken twice. Needless to say, no interest from Ariston in replacing it free. And a new one cost $67 including GST and postage!! For a piece of shaped rubber that will likely break again. I won't buy another Ariston product, full-stop.

Date PurchasedJun 2010

Caza

CazaMullumbimby

Disappointed

Date PurchasedJun 2014

greg

gregperth

Stove ok; door will not close

We have been living in a house with this stove for a couple of years and we've never been able to really assess the performance of this stove. The reason is that the door will not close.
Curiously we have friends who own the same product and they have the same problem. Further to this we do have problems with timer, but we have had to live with that.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Greg, i am sorry to hear you have had an issue with your oven. If you could please call our customer service team on 1300 762 219 and we will be able to assist.
thanks
Ariston.

KyzWagga wagga

Door hinge broken

So upset with this oven the door doesn't close properly & never has no one wants to know about it. How can u cook in this oven with the door open?? So upset I will never buy this brand of oven again.
I thought I was buying the best oven.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Kyz, sorry to hear you're unhappy here. May we ask how long you've had your oven for? And have you attempted to get it fixed by service? Kind regards - Ariston Team

Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Kyz, if you could call us on 1300762219 or email arisit@arisit.com we can definitely help you out. Kind regards - Ariston Team

Bad ariston

We purchased an 800cm freestanding electric oven, gas hop, ariston model, I have to agree with the top comment, the door won't close. Ariston doesn't want a bar of it, it is worthless. Don't buy an ariston people look at other models please. The top element has gone, the fan doesn't seen to want to move of its own accord. Very disappointing.

Lee

You people sit in an office and are full of ......replying to these comments and never actually doing anything to rectify them what a loud of cods whallop

Bundy2525

Bundy2525CHILDERS

This is a piece of JUNK

Like most other people there are few choices for a 800mm oven so we settles on the Ariston CP859, well what a piece of junk, After 12 months, the door won't close properly, the timer doesn't work, the thermostat in oven is 40 degrees out, and the hot air (by design) which comes out of the top of the oven door had been recorded at 48 degrees so if you cook anything for any period of time the dials become so hot you cannot touch them. Ariston service well I get a better response from my dog or cat, at least they listen. Would I buy another, you have to be joking. Move away from the the Ariston............move far away.

Piece of junk

cobber

cobberVictoria, 3355

Great cooking

The Ariston CP859MTX is making baking cakes and cooking roasts a pleasure, roast meats are mouthwatering and just does a superb job of baking any cake, my most memorable cake was our beautiful rich fruit Christmas cake.
The normal fan force operation would be my main favourite.
Our thermostat failed, the service from Ariston was great, it was up and running in no time.

December 5 2018
I still stand by my comments about The Ariston CP859MTX door seals are still original and it still behaves as it did when new, the thermostat replacement is still good, I give the stove top marks for all the things I mentioned when I did my first review

Date PurchasedAug 2013

CarolynPerth

Waiting for answers!

Laura

LauraAdelaide

Very happy

Bought Ariston CP859MTX 80 cm cooker 3 weeks ago, very happy with cooking aspect and the stylish model has lifted my kitchen area. I agree with previous reviewer about top element inside oven being too close to front of door, I also burnt my hand and this needs to be looked at. All in all a great cooker, easy to clean and the oven settings are accurate. Was nervous about cooker being stainless steel and scratching surfaces but have soft cloths for cleaning and no problem

800mm Beauty!

Looking for weeks to find a good 800mm size upright cooker. CP859MTX came to the party, and it can cater for a party too. All features cook well and the unit is very easy to keep clean.

Vanessa

VanessaRoyalla

Great stove

I really love my new Ariston 80 cm stove. Have cooked quiet a few things in the oven using two trays at the one time and they both turn out beautifully coloured and perfectly cooked. Gas hot plates are a bit slower than my last stove but will just be a case of getting used to it. The top hob is easy to clean. Very happy !

Great Oven but

Great oven temp is accurate.
Only pitfall is the griller setup that uses the standard oven rack as the griller tray. Strange set up and not good to clean:(.
This can be fixed by providing a standard griller tray.
Thanks Ariston for everything else in this oven cook top !

Home chef

Home chefAdelaide

A hardy 'professional styled' cooker for the home...

A great oven

Purchased my new oven about 4 weeks ago knowing it was a good brand and have found it fantastic. The only issue and it may be a standard thing but the gas fittings did not come with the oven so had to then go search for them but once it was up and running it's been superb. Heats super quickly. Again one small point to note be careful when moving the cast iron plates to clean as they do scratch quite easy I haven found this with other ovens. All in all very pleased with my purchase and feel extra confident with a 5 year warranty.
Great looking great brand
Scratches very easy no gas attachments included

So far So good

Have only had the unit 2 weeks and it has delivered what it promised. Bread baking is successful with accurate temperature controls. the 5 year warranty is a bonus and we hope that we will never call on it
Solidly built with good steel knobs for a change. The hobs are strategically placed to minimize splashing
Build and warranty

Fantastic no waiting around like most electric ovens you can cook straight away!

This was bought as replacement for our old CP 858 MTX who sadly died after 14 years so faithful service. We'd shopped around but found this was still the best on the market for us in this price range :) and the only one out there with a 5 year warranty.
Can cook straight away if you have it on the right setting
Nothing so far!

Jenny

Jennyasked

Settings have faded on temperature & setting for oven, cp859 mtx, any solution?

You shouldn't clean the numbers etc with any substances, you can only use a wet rag. I think you can order new ones from Ariston.

cheers

Jen76

Jen76asked

Hi our Ariston cp859 mtx is not heating from the rear element. The upper and lower elements work and so does the fan. We have replaced the element but still no heat, any ideas?

David11

No idea sorry - try contacting Arisit in Melbourne- you have a two year warranty maybe longer - there’s a heating element b hind fan I think?

Charlene Cartes
Charlene Cartes

No idea either I'm sorry. Ariston stoves normally come with 5 year warranty, perhaps you should contact their service team.

Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Jen76, please call our service department on 1300 762 219. Kind regards, Ariston Team.

Joanne

Joanneasked

Hi Ariston,
Our oven is smoking. It has been cleaned and also run for several hours to burn excess fat and still it smokes. How do I fix it? or is it just dead?

Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Joanne, do not use your oven if it is smoking. Please call 1300 762 219 as soon as possible and request to speak to our Customer Service Department to organise a service call. Kind regards, Ariston Brand.

Get an answer from our members and Ariston representatives

CategoryFreestanding Ovens