Ariston CP859MTX

Ariston CP859MTX

MPN: CP859MTX
Listing monitored by Ariston

Pros

• Cooks different foods beautifully

• Spacious burner layout

• Accurate oven settings

Cons

• Sometimes oven door doesn't close properly

Anna B
Anna BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flawed unfortunately

Gas top with 5 drivers is excellent. However, oven door HINGES and seal replaced twice in 8 years I've owned it(1st time-within a year) $400 each time. Both times didn't last longer than a week. Lived with oven door not closing properly, but now, the escaping heat has burnt out oven setting buttons and clock, causing spark. Turned off its electricity and am buying new stove. Oh and SELF cleaning ? Haha

Date PurchasedSept 2010
Charlie
CharlieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great stove, very happy with it.

Love cooking on this gas stove, the oven cooks great, the only issue I have with this stove is the stainless steel top is soft and scratches easily, the cast iron trivet has a chip on it and the oven is a little loud. If you can live with this the stove/oven is fantastic.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Review collected in partnership with Ariston

David11
David11Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Once again another BAD REVIEW

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Same problems as others

The oven door doesn't close properly, wasting a lot of energy (ie money). We have had the stove about 7 years and the rubber seal on the door has broken twice. Needless to say, no interest from Ariston in replacing it free. And a new one cost $67 including GST and postage!! For a piece of shaped rubber that will likely break again. I won't buy another Ariston product, full-stop.

Date PurchasedJune 2010
Caza
CazaMullumbimby

Disappointed

Date PurchasedJune 2014

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
greg
gregperth

Stove ok; door will not close

We have been living in a house with this stove for a couple of years and we've never been able to really assess the performance of this stove. The reason is that the door will not close.
Curiously we have friends who own the same product and they have the same problem. Further to this we do have problems with timer, but we have had to live with that.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Greg, i am sorry to hear you have had an issue with your oven. If you could please call our customer service team on 1300 762 219 and we will be able to assist.
thanks
Ariston.

KyzWagga wagga

Door hinge broken

So upset with this oven the door doesn't close properly & never has no one wants to know about it. How can u cook in this oven with the door open?? So upset I will never buy this brand of oven again.
I thought I was buying the best oven.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Kyz, sorry to hear you're unhappy here. May we ask how long you've had your oven for? And have you attempted to get it fixed by service? Kind regards - Ariston Team

Anthony F.Ariston

Hi Kyz, if you could call us on 1300762219 or email arisit@arisit.com we can definitely help you out. Kind regards - Ariston Team

Bad ariston

We purchased an 800cm freestanding electric oven, gas hop, ariston model, I have to agree with the top comment, the door won't close. Ariston doesn't want a bar of it, it is worthless. Don't buy an ariston people look at other models please. The top element has gone, the fan doesn't seen to want to move of its own accord. Very disappointing.

Lee

You people sit in an office and are full of ......replying to these comments and never actually doing anything to rectify them what a loud of cods whallop

Bundy2525
Bundy2525CHILDERS

This is a piece of JUNK

Like most other people there are few choices for a 800mm oven so we settles on the Ariston CP859, well what a piece of junk, After 12 months, the door won't close properly, the timer doesn't work, the thermostat in oven is 40 degrees out, and the hot air (by design) which comes out of the top of the oven door had been recorded at 48 degrees so if you cook anything for any period of time the dials become so hot you cannot touch them. Ariston service well I get a better response from my dog or cat, at least they listen. Would I buy another, you have to be joking. Move away from the the Ariston............move far away.

Unhappy camperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of junk

cobber
cobberVictoria, 3355

Great cooking

The Ariston CP859MTX is making baking cakes and cooking roasts a pleasure, roast meats are mouthwatering and just does a superb job of baking any cake, my most memorable cake was our beautiful rich fruit Christmas cake.
The normal fan force operation would be my main favourite.
Our thermostat failed, the service from Ariston was great, it was up and running in no time.

December 5 2018
I still stand by my comments about The Ariston CP859MTX door seals are still original and it still behaves as it did when new, the thermostat replacement is still good, I give the stove top marks for all the things I mentioned when I did my first review

Date PurchasedAug 2013
CarolynPerth

Waiting for answers!

Laura
LauraAdelaide

Very happy

Bought Ariston CP859MTX 80 cm cooker 3 weeks ago, very happy with cooking aspect and the stylish model has lifted my kitchen area. I agree with previous reviewer about top element inside oven being too close to front of door, I also burnt my hand and this needs to be looked at. All in all a great cooker, easy to clean and the oven settings are accurate. Was nervous about cooker being stainless steel and scratching surfaces but have soft cloths for cleaning and no problem

800mm Beauty!

Looking for weeks to find a good 800mm size upright cooker. CP859MTX came to the party, and it can cater for a party too. All features cook well and the unit is very easy to keep clean.

Vanessa
VanessaRoyalla

Great stove

I really love my new Ariston 80 cm stove. Have cooked quiet a few things in the oven using two trays at the one time and they both turn out beautifully coloured and perfectly cooked. Gas hot plates are a bit slower than my last stove but will just be a case of getting used to it. The top hob is easy to clean. Very happy !

Read more reviews - page 2

John.K
John.Kasked

Afternoon, My wife tried to cook some cakes in the oven but they turned out soggy on the bottom oven did not get hot enough according to her ? question is do both top elements come on together at any of the dial settings ?

Nicholas Tsigounis
Nicholas Tsigounisasked

Ove door won't open on our Ariston CP859MT. Response from Ariston service was to buy a new one the warranty has run out.
We require information to repair can we get assistance.

Schae P.Ariston

Hi Nicholas,

Can you please send your contact details to arisit.marketing@arisit.com? I will arrange for the appropriate departments to give you a call for further assistance.

Regards,

Julie H.
Julie H.asked

Hi, the oven door has been getting more and more difficult to open and now it is almost impossible. This has been a great oven and I really hope this matter can be easily fixed. I am in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Thanks for your advice, Julie

Schae P.Ariston

Hi Julie,

Please contact our Ariston Office in NZ at sales2@aristonappliances.co.nz who will be able to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Get an answer from our members and Ariston representatives

Features:

• The Ariston CP859MTX Freestanding Cooker has 5 gas burners, letting you easily cook multiple dishes at the same time.
  • It has self-cleaning catalytic liners, making taking care of the machine a breeze.
  • The oven has a 90L gross capacity, making it able to fit baked dishes for large gatherings.
  • The freestanding cooker has 8 electric cooking functions (Traditional, Multi-cooking, Barbeque, Gratin, Pizza, Baking, Grill (Rotisserie) & Defrosting, so you can cook your favourite meal with an optimal setting.
  • One-handed electronic ignition makes it easy to start the cooker, letting you get right into it.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the oven and burners cooked different foods beautifully.
  • They also found that the layout of the burners was spacious, and allowed cooking multiple foods at the same time easy to do.
  • According to reviewers, the oven settings are accurate and easy to adjust, which let reviews achieve precise food results.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the oven door didn’t close properly for them, usually after a few months of use. For them, this made it difficult to evenly cook food.
CategoryFreestanding Ovens