Art of Kitchens

Art of Kitchens

Beautiful and functional kitchen - very happy!

We have just recently had our 2nd kitchen completed by Art of Kitchens. We love the design, quality and service we received. David's advice on design and functionality has created an outstanding family space that we will enjoy for many years to come.

Did not give us what we asked for!! as well as poor after sales service

Art of Kitchens puts itself forward as delivering a premium kitchen and that is not what has been delivered in my circumstances. I’m extremely disappointed at my marble island benchtop.
I was advised I could get the 3m x 1.2m marble benchtop in one piece just like their Cammeray showroom. This was designed by their kitchen consultant!
I was told (for the first time) 2 days prior to installation that 2 smaller slabs would be required and will be matched so that they would look like 1 consistent slab. The 2 smaller slabs which have been supplied and installed simply do not match. I am so disappointed in the island bench (it makes me cringe). Friends ask how did they get it soo wrong!
There after sales service is very poor. We have an issue with the fridge door rubbing on the frame. We have asked them to come and fix. we are yet to hear from them.

April 26th 2018 Update: Untrustworthy and misleading

Warning! Our kitchen cost over $65,000.00, after 10 months I have NO island bench. I am embarrassed when people come over and unable to entertain!

Owner: [name removed]: Unprofessional, does not return calls or texts.

Left with no alternative other than to go back to NCAT to have issue resolved. Have had legal advice which suggests that under consumer law Art of Kitchens were misleading in their representation.

Definitely would not recommend!

June 2nd 2018 Update: Not what we expected

Unfortunately we were not happy with our kitchen. Poor attention to detail, quality and follow up.
Fridge door not secured correctly, draws not closing as they should. Expected more from this company!

Our designer tells us you absolutely loved your new kitchen design to bits and we are naturally sorry this issue with your bench top has marred what is otherwise a beautiful kitchen installation. We go to great lengths to ensure all the services and products connected with your kitchen installation are to a high standard and rest assured we have been in constant dialogue with our stone supplier to try to help resolve this issue. The moment we found out that the type of stone you had selected at their premises wasn’t available as one piece we were in contact with you to advise the alternatives. We acknowledge you are very disappointed with how the join has turned out even though you chose to continue with the installation rather than go again to their premise to select a new single stone. Stone is of course a natural product with great variance in appearance and availability. We can see both sides of the story, which is why after many hours we have not yet found a resolution for you. You can be 100% sure we will rectify your concern with the fridge door the moment we have received your overdue payment. We suspect that you, like us, are wanting this issue with your island bench stone resolved before proceeding, which probably explains why you’ve withheld your final payment to us. Apologies you haven’t heard clear instruction on the fridge door fix from us sooner. Thank you for your review. This rarely happens which is why we have really bent over backwards to try and sort this out, and will continue to do so to ensure you are completely satisfied with the outcome.I'm surprised that the designer can comment on what we think about the workmanship as she has not seen the finished product or even called to ask what we think. To say we are disappointed is an understatement. We paid a premium for 1 piece and finished up with a sub standard poorly matched bench top. I invite you to view the finished product. Just to be clear, we don't have an issue with the join, we have an issue with the colour matching where the join occurs and that we paid a premium for 1 piece and got two. Not only do we have an issue with the fridge door, the door handles are loosely fixed and rotate when we open the doors.

AOK - They don't just do kitchens!

Initially we engaged AOK to renovate our kitchen, but after seeing the quality of work, design and particularly service, had them renovate the whole place! It was the best decision ever! They understand what you are after and also come up with great suggestions to improve the look. The quality of their work is first class. The designs they produce are innovative, modern and beautifully manufactured. Their tradespeople are trades that have worked with David for years, are very respectful, courteous and incredibly reliable. They turn up when they say they will and to the job with minimal fuss and interruption! :-) The finished product is something you would see in a magazine. The compliments we have received from everyone who visits are a great testament to their fantastic work! Well done AOK!

Another great renovation from Art of Kitchens

We had a very good experience with AOK last year, so engaged them to renovate our laundry. Again, we are glad we did. They provided great design that incorporated everything we wanted, and highly efficient project management that means minimum disruption. Kesha and Greg (designer & manager) really understand customer service, and give good advice, tailored to your lifestyle and your budget. What also sets AOK apart is the quality of their tradespeople - they are professional, knowledgeable and utterly reliable. They were particularly helpful in getting our appliances back in quickly. The laundry is great, didn't cost the earth and works beautifully. I would recommend AOK to anyone, and only wish they did bathrooms also.

Love my new kitchen

Highly recommended. I love the design - it looks great and the layout really works. Everything went very smoothly with AOK coordinating all the tradespeople. There were no hiccups with communication and anything that popped up was resolved quickly and without fuss. Big thanks to Kesha (designer) and Greg (project manager).

Excellent, very pleased with our kitchen and bedroom built ins

We are delighted with our kitchen, no complaints whatsoever. We found all their tradesmen excellent, their office staff excellent and our finished kitchen is a joy to work in.

I would never use Art of Kitchen for another kitchen job again.

I had a kitchen done from scratch from them a few years ago. I found them very rude and I had to point out to them that the the lines were not straight otherwise they would have just left it like that. If I didn't say anything to them about chipped panels etc they would try to get away with it. Even with the design I had to push them to come up with a better solution. Alot of hard work, rudeness and not worth the extra money to go through them. I would never get a kitchen from the Art of ?? again.

After Sales Service

Art of Kitchens built my kitchen 5 years ago but due to some misinformation a fault recently became apparent. Despite the number of years which have passed since the installation, they had no hesitation in addressing my issue. I dealt with the same people who were around back then (a good sign) and always found them to be open, friendly and efficient. Then, after repairing my problem, they left my kitchen tidier than it was when they arrived! Thank you Art of Kitchens for installing a beautiful kitchen in the first place (which still looks and functions perfectly over 5 years later) but thank you especially for your incredible after-sales service. Great job! They really did exceed my expectations.
Open, honest communication; dealing with the same people who installed my kitchen 5 years ago; quality product; good design ideas; helpful

Endless delays and poor customer service

We had a new kitchen installed by Art of Kitchens a year ago. It was a straightforward enough project as kept to original footprint of existing kitchen. The issues started when we were advised our designer no longer worked with AoK. From there it took 3 months to finally have a fully functioning kitchen. We had a number of issues around poor cabinetry work. The built in wine rack was made incorrectly, the bin drawer was forgotten (ended up with a cheap plastic bin possibly from big W), a small drawer under the oven was also forgotten, the tiler had to come back twice to fix up a very messy job etc etc. the most annoying issue, however, was with our pantry doors. They had a significant bow in them, trying to get a new door took weeks and accusations from AoK of misuse and even that maybe I was taking the door off the hinges when no one was looking! Then the attitude changed to one of "all doors of this height will bow" apparently this is clear in their contract - which not only is in not in their contract but also one would think if it was a common issue they would warn their customers in advance. Having read the other comments I am not surprised that all the positive ones were posted on the same day - just a curious observation from a sceptical person. Also their responses to the negative responses are very illustrative of their approach to customs service when things go wrong ..... Ie get defensive and aggressive and blame the customer. Could not recommend at all.
End result looks good
Too many basic mistakes being made, poor customer service, a 6week job took 3 months!

Top quality finished result and excellent service.

I have just finished as major renovation in my home and used Art of Kitchens to supply and install a new kitchen, laundry and pantry area. I received great service from all involved at Art of Kitchens. [name removed] the Designer and key Salesman was really helpful and had great ideas for the space. The showroom in Cammeray was really useful for me as I could see practical examples of what I could achieve. The installers were friendly- particularly [name removed], were punctual, finished within deadline, & addressed any issues quickly. The office staff - particularly [name removed], was friendly and efficient. I was impressed with [name removed] who supervised the whole operation and made sure all ran smoothly. I had three quotes and definitely found Art of Kitchens to not only be the best value but they have surpassed my expectations in terms of quality and service.
Highly professional service and quality workmanship. I liked that it was Australian Made joinery and I could support a local business.

Judith Thank you so much for your review of Art of Kitchens. I am very proud of my staff and as mentioned that we are an Australian manufacturer. I hope you enjoy your newly renovated home. Kind regards David Bartlett Managing Director

Absolutely Brilliant!!!

I recently had a new kitchen installed by Art of Kitchens. Absolutely brilliant. Cannot fault their workmanship. Nothing was too much trouble and they were helpful and thoughtful throughout the installation. Even better, my kitchen was installed within 14 days of removal of the old one. Again I will say it, absolutely brilliant.

New Kitchen

Art of Kitchens is re­li­able and easy to work with. On a long project, they fin­ished within the tar­get dead­line. But what mat­tered the most: they stand by their work. We had a cou­ple of ran­dom is­sues show up af­ter the work was done, and [Personal Name Removed] had them fixed with­out bat­ting an eye. There are cheaper al­ter­na­tives out there, but you get what you pay for here. Thank you Art of Kitchens.
Reliability, design and staff

Designer Beauty!

After getting 3 different quotes...Art of Kitchens came out on top for value for money. Producing a quality design and being flexible with the few changes we wanted to make, they were a great company to work with from the start. The designer was personable and patient explaining all the various elements he thought was important for our kitchen and once we signed their services at Art of Kitchen only improved. We love our new designer beauty kitchen and are really pleased with our experience with this company.

Extremely Happy with our Designer Kitchen

We recently renovated our small galley kitchen in our apartment at Cremorne Point. After some research and getting quotes we chose Art of Kitchens to do it, as we felt [name removed] at their Cammeray showroom had come up with the best solution for our storage problem and the best design.

We wanted our kitchen done in a hurry (before Christmas) and were also concerned with the impact of noise and inconvenience to our neighbours, so needed confirmation from AOK that the work could be completed on time. They gave us a schedule of work that we were very impressed with (and which was adhered to).

Whilst AOK makes the joinery for the kitchen, the labour is contracted out to their team of various tradespeople who are specialists in their field. We weren't sure how it was all going to work out but each of their contracted tradesmen showed up on their scheduled date and were very professional in their work. Our block of units is quite old and the kitchen wiring, plumbing, etc. all needed to be brought up to current safety standards; we were very impressed with the work of these tradesmen in spite of their having an extremely tight space to work with.

As our kitchen opens directly onto the living room, we were very concerned about potential damage, dust etc., but the AOK people took special precautions to protect our floor and the rest of the flat. Little problems along the way were sorted out promptly with the site supervisors [names removed] and office staff, all of whom were very cooperative.

A couple of our neighbours also had kitchen renovations done recently and we had the opportunity to take a look at their kitchen renovations. We are very glad that we chose AOK for ours. The glass splashback was the exact colour we wanted and the kitchen cabinets and accessories all fitted perfectly.

Yes, we now have a designer kitchen that's working well for us and which we are extremely happy with. Thank you Art of Kitchens.
Good design, professional tradesmen, quality joinery and workmanship, good customer service by Art of Kitchens office staff and site supervisors

Completely in love with our new kitchen

From the moment we met art of kitchens designer, we were very happy.... The installation, very functional design, great communication made the process of renovating very easy... The kitchen came in exactly on schedule and budget
We are so ecstatic, everyone who sees our new kitchen just raves about it
Reliability, their trades worked in easily with our own builders , excellent communication .... Nothing was ever a problem

Beyond fraught with problems

Beyond fraught with problems
I am writing this Review to let everyone out there know the difficulties we have encountered with Art of Kitchens. Previous to this recent kitchen installation we have built houses and renovated houses, so we are not new to the concept of having a new kitchen. Our initial consultations with the designer went well but the moment we signed the contract to order a new kitchen, like the previous comment posted by Cleo, we seemed to go from disaster to disaster. At installation stage everything seemed to be going well, except that at the final stage we were made aware by the installer (a subcontractor) that the kitchen company had made two mistakes: the panel at the left-hand side of the fridge was too short and needed to be taken back to the factory to be remade and the bulk-head above the pantry/stove area was also wrong and needed to be taken back to the factory to be remade.

It took something like three weeks for these two mistakes to be rectified, meantime we waited, and we waited and for some unknown reason we now realise Art of Kitchens expected us to just put our whole renovation on hold while we waited for their two mistakes to be rectified. Trouble was they never gave us a timeline regarding rectifying these mistakes. To cut a long story short, Art of Kitchens never seemed to understand that we were the customer, instead we have been told that we made errors in measurement. Hello – we weren’t making the cabinetry, they were. They say a company is only as good as the person at the top, and our experience with the person at the top confirms the appalling attitude we encountered. At the outset, we gathered three quotes from three different kitchen companies.

Interestingly, the costs were similar and sadly we chose Art of Kitchens because we felt their approach was very professional. What a mistake we made – the professional approach was that of the designer (probably another subcontractor) – who had nothing to do with the actual construction of the cabinetry. Apart from these two mistakes I also live with a pantry door that hits the beam every time I open my pantry door – very disappointed. For all of you out there who are considering Art of Kitchens, I would strongly suggest you go elsewhere where hopefully you will find good customer service, a welcoming attitude and you won’t have to refer your matter to the NSW Office of Fair Trading.

Dear Mr & Mrs Bilson, Thank you for taking the time to post your review for Art of Kitchens. We take all feedback constructively but I find it curious that this review has come immediately after your request for a discount on our contracted price. If you would like to discuss any aspect of our customer service please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 9457 7299. Kind Regards, David Bartlett Managing Director

Fraught with problems

Initial problems with the designer should have convinced us to go elsewhere but following assurances from the owner, we engaged this company and it lurched from disaster to disaster. Virtually everything is subcontracted out, granite benchtop had to be installed 3 times, cabinetry was faulty and pieces not made to specificiations and customer service was zero. Following no response to a request 4 months ago to rectify cabinetry problems, have now had to refer the matter to NSW Office of Fair Trading.
It looks nice but...........
Too many to list. There was no response from owner of company when things started to go wrong, despite earlier assurances from him personally.

At Art of Kitchens we pride ourselves on high quality bespoke kitchens and joinery which are not only aesthetically beautiful but also functional and effectually designed. We have fostered a working relationship with the best stone mason in Sydney for many years and happily encourage our clients to hand select their material. In regards to this project, the client hand selected their natural stone, which they were advised was an important part of the process especially due to the nature of natural stone and the possibility of imperfections. Unfortunately it was only after the bench tops were installed that the client pointed out flaws in the stone they had nominated; therefore we required the granite to be re-selected by the clients and re-installed into the kitchen. There have been a number of visits to site since the initial installation to ensure the client’s contentment with their kitchen, which we believe to be an outstanding example of Art of Kitchens work. Any faults found in cabinets put into the kitchen come from the client’s insistence on inclusion against the designer’s advice. Regardless, the kitchen works effortlessly and looks fantastic. We have received no communication from the Department of Fair Trade but welcome their involvement as we are confident in the high quality design/product that we produce. At Art of Kitchens we pride ourselves on high quality bespoke kitchens and joinery which are not only aesthetically beautiful but also functional and effectually designed. We have fostered a working relationship with the best stone mason in Sydney for many years and happily encourage our clients to hand select their material. In regards to this project, the client hand selected their natural stone, which they were advised was an important part of the process especially due to the nature of natural stone and the possibility of imperfections. Unfortunately it was only after the bench tops were installed that the client pointed out flaws in the stone they had nominated; therefore we required the granite to be re-selected by the clients and re-installed into the kitchen. There have been a number of visits to site since the initial installation to ensure the client’s contentment with their kitchen, which we believe to be an outstanding example of Art of Kitchens work. Any faults found in cabinets put into the kitchen come from the client’s insistence on inclusion against the designer’s advice. Regardless, the kitchen works effortlessly and looks fantastic. We have received no communication from the Department of Fair Trade but welcome their involvement as we are confident in the high quality design/product that we produce. We think that Art of Kitchens must be confusing us with another client who has a complaint as these are not the facts of our case! Our stone had no flaws; it was never re-selected by us, there have been no visits to the site following installation (in fact we are still waiting for a final inspection following installation of the glass splashback - so we're intrigued by their comment "the kitchen works effortlessly and looks fantastic") and there has been nothing included against a designer's advice. The NSW Office of Fair Trading has advised that Art of Kitchens has not responded to its telephone calls or emails and Fair Trading have provided us with documentation in this regard. We'll keep you posted!