Ascaso Dream

Ascaso Dream

MPN: DR138

Coffee explosion

Just putting the Ascaso Dream Machine in the garbage. One year after purchase the temperature gauge quit working. We have been working around this issue by guesstimating temperatures and pressures. Today, I guessed wrong and when I went to remove the coffee holder the pressure released, blowing coffee all over the kitchen. NOT HAPPY. Not only no coffee but now a big mess to clean up. Arghhhhh!! Going to get a Breville - our previous one lasted over 6 years for way less money.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Too expensive for what it is

Bought a red Ascaso Dream espresso machine 2 years ago. The red paint is now peeling off. Contacted Ascaso yesterday and apparently they are unable to help us fix the problem. Considering what we paid for this machine, we were expecting a high quality product, this is apparently not the case. Not recommending this product to anybody, put your money somewhere else.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Boat Anchor!

Looks great but was constant problems. After 10 Months the Pump Died, We got a warranty, then 23 Months the Temp gauge died, Got it fixed under warranty, both times taking 2-3 Months to get it Back and then just after 2 years the element failed. I have coffee every morning

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Ascaso Dream compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Really enjoyable machine

Took me a while to get used to making coffee. I was a newbie when I bought this machine. However once I got used to tamping and grinding properly, I started making richly flavoured coffee with wonderful crema every time. I bought the extra head attachment, which maybe slightly improved the shots I made, but it started deteriorating and causing the machine to leak. Back to how it was originally now and super happy with how it is going, maybe 4 or 5 years on...

Matt - Tassie

Matt - Tassie

3,000 cups and still going

Dream is Nightmare indeed

nessjez

Great coffee, great looks, needs regular servicing

I've owned this machine over 3 years now. Initially I thought it was unreliable, however I've learned it just needs to be regularly serviced (they recommend doing it every 3rd descale which is about once every 6 months). The good news is YouTube has taught me how to service it myself (it's very easy) and rather than send it off for 4 weeks or so at a cost of over $100-$150 I can do it at home in 30 minutes at a cost of $40 (the cost of the parts required).
Great design, simple to use, great coffee
Unreliable

balun

Hi nessjez, I am having problems with mine would you recommend the repaired you used?

Doc

DocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ascaso Dream Should Be Called A Nightmare

John88888AU

Great looking machine

John88888

Since this review, my dream needed repairing. There are not many parts inside these so repairs means replacing the boiler, pump, or something major like this. In NZ, coffee Ninja have the parts needed to fix these if necessary.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

DaveHallyMelbourne

Still going great

balun

Hi Dave, i'm trying to find a repairer for my Ascaso Dream in Melbourne would you recommend the one you used?

Dutchie02

Dutchie02SYDNEY

Brilliant

I've had this machine for 3 years and have found it great. I like its simple retro design and the fact that it is operated by just three switches. I find it produces great coffee, all you need is fresh well ground coffee. I've found it to be very simple to use and reliable.
simplicity, retro design, chance to practice my technique

DaveHally

Ours has been making great crema without hassels for years.

Bad

richarrd
richarrd

crema production usually is determined just as much by the grind of the coffee. rule of thumb is you need a very good quality burr grinder with any machine to get good results.

karizma

@richard - It is the machine in this case not the coffee

Arne37
Arne37

have had marvellous crema from this brewing magician. Please don't beleive this post. Can't be true. Isn't....

Hogewind

HogewindSydney, NSW

Good

Andrew26
Andrew26

Dorethy

Dorethyasked

My Ascaso Dream Coffee Machine is not working and I need to get it fixed. Does anyone know who in Australia fixes these machines? I live in Canberra and cannot find anyone who will touch it as they cannot get the parts for it??

nessjez

Hi Dorethy. Can you not return it to the place of purchase? I'm surprised if they can't help. Lygon Distributors in Melbourne fixes mine. They will have a Sydney supplier if you get in touch with them. (03) 9486 1572

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) A$949.00
Pump Pressure20 bar
Input Power1,090 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNo
Water Tank Capacity1.3 L
Colour / FinishPolished Aluminum,Cloud White,Sweet Cream,Antracite,Dark Black,Love Red,Sun Yellow,Blue Kid,Fresh Pistachio
Dimensions 279 x 254 x 343 mm