DeLonghi Dedica

EC685M (Silver), EC680M (Silver), EC685BK (Black), etc... (See All)
See the Best Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by DeLonghi

Pros

Uses coffee beans or pods
Compact design
Affordable

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Miss.Therese
Miss.Therese

Good compact coffee machine

I like the Delonghi EC685. It is compact and makes decent coffee.

I have found that the lights on the machine often flash yellow and I have to turn it on and off a few times to get it to work.

The coffee is always consistent, good temperature and I really like the single or double shot options.

I also find the steam wand never works first go. I always have to flick the silver switch on and off, same with the steam button to get it to work. It does steam milk really well once it works!

Overall, for the $199 I paid I am happy with this machine.

Purchased in November 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.

C A.
C A.Sydney, NSW

Very happy customer

We bought this coffee machine as I love my double shots (hold the milk) and wanted to see if I could make coffee as good as local cafe (not quite the same as our local barista, but close). The Crema is amazing and quality very good. I haven't used frother yet as I don't drink milk so can't comment. Would recommend.

Purchased in December 2021 at Myer for $199.

Product is used Daily
GrinderSunbeam MultiGrinder II EM0405
Trish M
Trish MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had it for 2 weeks and want to return it.

This seems to be a common issue after reading these reviews. Works once, then all lights flash and doesn’t want to work anymore. Same with steam wand. We’ve tried trouble shooting, watched the delongi videos but to no avail. Have already called and returning this weekend.

Purchased in November 2021 at JB Hifi Home for $265.

ElPistoleSydney, NSW

All round a great compact, semi-automatic espresso machine

Purchased in November 2021 at ALDI for $169.84.

ElPistole

I will attach a photo if I can figure out how to!...

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Dedica compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

P.Lady
P.LadySydney, NSW

Great coffee, slimline design, easy to use

Very impressed with this machine. Good strong espresso shots, compact design so it hardly takes up any room, and a quick heating time -- the steamer takes hardly any time to heat after the coffee. Quick steaming time too. Temperature is just right for us as we always use steamed milk -- may not be super hot as an espresso at times.

Purchased in November 2021 at Myer for $300.

MadB
MadBRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Love this machine, had it 1.5 years - but losing pressure

Purchased in June 2020 for $199.

Do not recommend both prodcut and customer service

The coffee machine is very poor quality. Getting broken very often. My friends have the same one and the same problem occurs (pressure) My broken when under warranty and I have sent it back in August The last one part of the machine (handle) and from August (we have end of November) I am not able to use it as the missing part is out of stock

Purchased for $219.

De'Longhi TeamDeLonghiSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
boosted6
boosted6Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Coffee Machine

Almost 12 months since purchase this has been an awesome coffee machine.
Still going strong can't fault it highly recommended.
Make sure you keep the coffee holder clean for it's easy to just rinse and forget about.
If you don't keep it clean it will turn itself off under the pressure, was funny to see for the first time.
Since then i make sure to keep it clean.
Frothing milk is super easy, i don't like it really frothy so i keep the slider part which controls the froth all the way up.

Purchased in November 2019 at Applianceonline for $309.

De'Longhi TeamDeLonghiSend a private message

We love to see this! Will definitely be a trusted companion for years to come.

Michael D.
Michael D.Sydney, NSW

Great til it doesn’t work

Purchased in July 2020 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $289.

chute
chuteAU

Great little machine.

It's compact and very easy to use. We've had it for over a year now and it hasn't missed a beat. The milk frother is a bit finicky when cleaning, as you need to take the outer attachment off to clean the rubber tube inside, as just letting steam out doesn't clean it.

Purchased in March 2020.

Always Overheating

It is good when it works, but it always overheats when I steam my milk (first two lights flashing 3 times) and I need let my coffee get cold while I wait 5 minutes for the machine to cool down. Letting water run though grouphead/steam wand apparently doesnt cool it down either.

Product is used Daily
K.Melbourne
K.MelbourneVictoria

Second Delonghi dedica. Work Horse and Slight improvement after few years

this is my second unit. the first last for 3 years and is still working.
Improvement on the porta filter is quite good. giving better consistencies.

Black color is very good. The red unit previously peels off after a few years.

Previous unit looses pressure due to wear and tear.

there are many instructions online to swap over the steam outlet which gives significant improvement.

Purchased in July 2021 at The Good Guys for $179.15.

Christine Y
Christine Y

Not as good as predecessor

Coffee not as consistent as E680 Model, sporadically after 3 months the pressure decreased and sporadically resolves. Otherwise, compact size is great. Milk frother paranello wand not as easy to use normal wand.

Purchased in May 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $249.

Sonia
Sonia

Great Little Coffee Expresso Machine

I purchased this coffee machine in June 2021. I am a qualified Barista but not employed as one so I do have knowledge of coffee quality and good expresso taste and look. I am very satisfied with this machine as it is simple to use makes great coffee in competition with my local coffee shop :). Easy to clean and no problems with the milk heater wand. its a little beauty and affordable - I purchased from David Jones.

Purchased in June 2021 at David Jones Retail Stores for $274.

De'Longhi TeamDeLonghiSend a private message

Hi Sonia, So glad you are enjoying the machine as much as we do!

Natalie
NatalieSydney

One of the Best delivered Coffee Aroma this machine can provide

Perfect quality coffee delivered to your taste, I would have to say our of all my coffee machines this Delonghi is the next best thing and I would highly recommend it to anyone, it's also cheap on Amazon for $199 in black colour. You can play around with the temperature as this machine heats up without you noticing so before you it you will have the best coffee made with any type of ground beans, also E.S.E pods can be used, overall it's been 3 years and I love this barista style coffee machine, it has saved me from buying each day from the cafes. Highly recommended.

Purchased in August 2018 at Appliances Online for $200.

Charlotte
Charlotteasked
Dedica

Have just purchased this machine (our second one as we have one at work and at home )and am finding the new one has an extremely tight filter holder. It requires two hands, one to hold the machine in place and the other to twist holder into place.very different from our previous one which is 5 years old. Any one else having this issue?

Jenny B
Jenny Basked
Dedica

What is the difference between the Dedica EC685 and the Dedica Arte?

Ebru Alcar
Ebru Alcarasked
Dedica EC685BK (Black)

Hi, I've just bought my EC685 machine 2 months ago. And it started to leak water from steam wand while I prepare espresso. What should I do about it? I saw more questions about this problem, but no answer from @Delonghi..

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Features

• The DeLonghi Dedica works using either freshly ground coffee or coffee pods, using Easy Serve Espresso Pods.
  • Quick to start up, the machine reaches the right brewing temperature in 40 seconds, using Thermoblock technology.
  • This coffee machine allows you to make espresso, as well as creamy, milk-based drinks like cappuccinos and flat whites.
  • You can choose between having a single or double shot of espresso, or preparing two cups of coffee at a time.
  • An adjustable, two-tiered drip tray accommodates tall glasses up to 12cm in height.
  • A slimline design that’s 15cm wide makes this coffee machine suited to smaller spaces or kitchens with limited benchtop space.
  • Available in 4 colours; stainless steel, red, black and white.

Points of praise

• The majority of reviewers liked the DeLonghi Dedica’s ability to make consistently good coffees, with thick crema and well-textured, silky milk.
  • Reviewers appreciated that this machine saves you from spending too much money at cafes.
  • The compact size was viewed as convenient by reviewers, as it saved space in the kitchen and didn't look obstrusive.
  • In most cases, the machine was easy to use and clean, including when it came to descaling.
  • The affordable price, when weighed up against the Dedica’s reliable performance, made it good value for money.

Something to consider

The group head sometimes becomes clogged and doesn’t push water or coffee through, resulting in wasted coffee. Sometimes descaling the machine can fix the problem.

Compare all 7 DeLonghi Dedica
DeLonghi Dedica EC680R (Red)
  • Discontinued

DeLonghi Dedica EC680R (Red)

3.3
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee MachinesSemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines
Pump Pressure15 bar
Input Power1,300 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNo
Water Tank Capacity1.1 L
Dimensions 303 x 149 x 330 mm
Weight4.2 kg
Milk FrotherSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNone
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack
Replaced byDeLonghi Dedica EC685M (Silver)DeLonghi Dedica EC685R (Red)DeLonghi Dedica EC685BK (Black)
Compare all 7 DeLonghi Dedica