DeLonghi Dedica

• Milk Frothing

Roman S.

Roman S.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for the price - However, requires some tweaking

It is a great machine for the price. I picked one second hand (1 year old with 1 year of warranty left) for $100 and tweaked it up with getting a proper non-pressurised basket and a proper continuous step burr grinder (the official Delonghi grinder cannot go fine enough) and a good tamper. With those enhancements, my Dedica pulls very nice shots of espresso and a lovely tasting cappuccino. It is capable of frothing milk with a similar texture to commercial machine once the panarello wand is thrown away (by using purely the rubber nuzzle). There are heaps of tutorials online on how to turn this machine into a real beast. So for the money you pay for it you cannot get a better deal. Good luck

Purchased in October 2020 for A$100.00.

Jojo

JojoSydney, NSW

Amazing coffee

De Longhi Dedica is an amazing coffee machine for it’s price range.
I grow up in an Italian household so I’ve been in contact with my fair share of espresso machines. This one is a great compact one, fairly easy to use, you can access on some espresso tutorial if you are not satisfied with your company, and disregarding some comments I read here on product review it make a decent milk froth for cappuccinos.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bing Lee for A$279.00.

GrinderCaffe aurora
DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Jojo, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad you are loving your machine!! :)

kitchencook

kitchencook

Very Frustrating

When it makes a coffee it is quite good. However, like other reviews it constantly tries your patience as to whether it will actually make a cup of coffee. Have done the cleaning, etc works and then will fail again. Also the coffee cup filters that go in the holder fall out at will, which means more wasted coffee grounds. Would not buy again. Also plastic tamper that comes with machine pretty useless, bought a correct sized metal tamper - much better.

Purchased in March 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$179.00.

Consistency
Product is usedSeveral times a week

Hi Kitchencook,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
Thank you for the feedback on our machine, we love knowing how our customer experiences are so that we can improve for all current and future customers.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Dedica compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Mark j

Mark jCentral West, NSW

Very average but ok for the money

Bought this machine 2 months ago after reading the reviews but wish I spent more on a good machine. We have 3 or 4 coffees a day each and sometimes more with friends. Cheaply made, feels like it’s going to fall apart any minute. Milk frother spurts out a jet of water before steaming so watch out for that. The portafilter needs to be cleaned each time instead of knocking the coffee out and going again. It does make an ok coffee but I will sell this unit and buy the breville. More expensive but much better, definitely worth it

Purchased in August 2020 for A$400.00.

GrinderDelonghi Dedica KG 521.M

DianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wonderful upgrade, great crema but..

Have been using my coffee machine for about a week now and have had no problems making great coffee except that the milk frothing wand only lasts for 5 seconds when I turn it on so have had to return to microwaving the milk and using my electric ikea milk frother instead.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$279.00.

GrinderKmart Anko Coffee Grinder

Hi Dian,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you are enjoying your Dedica. Very much appreciate you feedback.

Dian

Hi Delonghi. The milk frother seems to only last for 5 seconds and then shuts off so I'm unable to froth any milk. Is there a reason for this?

Shaking machine

Question to others when you use this machine does it shake? My one does and I have to hold the cup so it does not fell off from its place. Did I do something wrong during installation or just have a faulty machine? Oh and it’s very noisy as well.

Purchased in September 2020.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Adz, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to troubleshoot any questions and help get your machine up and running :)

Inconsistent

Too temperamental. I have tried different grinds and varied tamping. But it feels like the luck of the draw to have a consistent pour. Coffee comes out over the top randomly and spills everywhere. I am disappointed with the constant juggling act and failures. I'll be looking around for a machine that works 1st time every time.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$290.00.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Roger, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to troubleshoot any questions and help get your machine up and running :)

Cheryl B.

Cheryl B.South East Queensland, QLD

Best performer

I’ve moved into a smaller place. I used to use a Jura Ena5. That’s too big. So I went hunting for a simple machine that will give me the opportunity to use different coffee beans. Honestly have a machine that grinds your beans is good but then you are stuck with the one flavour.
The delonghi is fantastic. It is consistent and reliable. Even my 11 year old can use it. I don’t use the cup warmer or the milk steamer. I heat half a cup of milk in the microwave and I have programmed the two cup option to fill the rest with coffee.
To those that aren’t happy with their brew, change your beans.
Love this machine.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Cheryl, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine! Enjoy tasting lots of different flavoured beans!

Evie

EvieMelbourne

Wow, didn't expect it to be as good as it is!

We have a Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 that is brilliant and never fails to deliver a wonderful cafe style coffee. We wanted a coffee machine that was more compact to use in our motorhome. Made my first cappuccino with the DeLonghi Dedica today, not expecting it to taste as good as the ones made with my Sunbeam machine, but it was! Won't be making inferior pod coffees anymore on our travels!

Purchased in August 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for A$269.00.

Product is usedMonthly
GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr EM0480
DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Evie, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you love the taste! Great coffee for your travels!

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Great value for money . tics almost all the boxes

Replaces fully automatic Krupps machine and is learning curve to making it yourself. Am not thrilled with the sump , pod and filter but for overall cleaning and maintenance seem to work in favor of not having blockages . Only real problem is not being able to get 2 cups at same time , there is not room for 2 cups on the cup plate . If there is an accessory for this please send me one.

Purchased in July 2020 at eBay for A$179.00.

mainee

maineeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This machine has been fantastic

We bought our machine in 2012, it makes great coffee every time and it comes with us in our caravan packed away oh so nicely all around Aus including many a dirt road and was dropped once to the ground at Daly Waters pub park & has a pretty good dent in it & it's still producing great coffee. Couldn't ask for any better than that. Cheers Delongi.

Purchased for A$425.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Mainee, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine! Can't wait until you and your machine can continue to travel around! :)

Eddi

EddiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best manual coffee machine we have had

We still like to make our coffee with ground beans (not pods) and froth our own milk. So after having both sunbeam and breville machines we were a bit hesitant about Delonghi brand. It has been the best machine so far. We use it every day and it has been pretty faultless for over 18 months. Quick to heat milk, stops the coffee flow after a given time and is much thinner in size so we can fit it easily on the bench.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Eddi, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Garry HookeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with machine

I have just bought this machine after reading other reviews. I use merlo grounded beans As it suits my palate. Unfortunately after each use the filter is full of water which is totally unsatisfactory. I clean the filter after every use. To be honest I would prefer to return the machine and buy another brand.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$275.00.

GrinderKmart Anko Coffee Grinder
Garry Hookey

I incorrectly allocated a 4 in the value for money section. It should be a 2 owing to my previous comments

Garry Hookey

I tried all levels of coffee and nothing worked. It was very frustrating to say the least

C.Crawford

C.Crawford

OK first machine but not as good as store bought coffee

SeMi K.

SeMi K.

Love it!

I was struggling with set up at the beginning. However, the coffee machine is really perfect for size and coffees.
It was also a great price and a nice package.

Purchased in March 2020.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi SeMi K, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so happy you are loving your machine!! :)

Subic D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Forget it. Crap cofee

Very unhappy . Too many issues . Holder jams up even after cleaning , Main seal tears. Cant fit a mug under it. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. I had a breville before this and it was bullet proof

Purchased in August 2019.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Subic D, really sorry you are experiencing trouble, if you could message us with more information on what is going wrong and what parts? as well as direct messaging us with your contact details that way we can get someone to contact you ASAP :)

How do I DM you

DelonghiDeLonghi

Here is a link from product review about how to direct message -https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/205657128-How-do-I-privately-message-users-
Let us know if this helps :)

giuseppe

giuseppebyron bay

Pocket rocket

We love the crema and consistency of our espressos. We don't use the frother much. Quick to warm up, self priming pump and easy to clean. Can't say anything negative about it. Plenty of accessories to go too

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for A$189.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Giuseppe, thank you so much for your amazing review! We really appreciate it! :)

Sami

SamiCanberra Central 2602, ACT

A tiny coffee machine with lots to offer

Been using this machine for over a month now and it is a great machine. Small form coffee machine and fits on the bench easily. Performance is really good for coffee lovers. With some tuning in the coffee, you will have a great espresso.

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer.

CherylDeLonghi

Thanks so much Sami, Very glad you are enjoying good coffee. Appreciate you taking the time to wrote a review and please don't hesitate to shout out if you have any questions.

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Perfect coffee everytime!

After looking for a simple coffee machine for a very longtime, we decided to get the DeLonghi dedica & it definitely did not disappoint. I love the simple, elegant and compact design. It nicely fits into our small kitchen and doesn’t take up too much room. It’s really easy to use and froths the milk very well. You can also have a single shot or a double depending how strong you like your coffee, it’s not big enough to fit 2 mugs... however if you really wanted to you can hold 2 mugs and make 2 coffees. The milk frother stops automatically when the milk is the at correct consistency and temp which takes the guess work out of it. It’s also really easy to clean as the parts come off with ease and you can descale the whole machine.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman.

CherylDeLonghi

Thanks Seda, very happy that you are enjoying your Dedica, please don't hesitate to shout out if you have any questions.

Theresia T

Theresia TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great machine!

Great machine considering how cheap it is. Paid 199$ from Myer. Bought ground coffee from a coffee shop and the coffee tastes amazing. Absolutely no complaints yet. I wanted to buy an expensive automatic machine but this little machine is super easy and cheap. Very happy with my buy.

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer for A$199.00.

CherylDeLonghi

Thank you so much for your review. So happy you are enjoying your new machine.

Dee878787

Dee878787asked

Dedica

I just purchased the Delonghi Dedica today, and have found that the filter holder is REALLY tight. I really have to force it to go into ‘closed’ position causing the machine to sway. Will this loosen up over time, or does this sound faulty?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Dee878787, it is normal for the filter holder to be tight and it will loosen over time. One thing that may also be causing it to be very tight is the amount of grinds within the holder. If you have too much grinds then the filter holder will struggle or not allow you to push it in properly.

Amr

Amr asked

Dedica EC685BK (Black)

My delonghi dedica machine frother is not working while descaling only the coffee filter finished the descaling, after i finished descaling i found the frother also not working ?

Hi Amr,
I'm not sure what you mean by your frother is not working while descaling? Here is a How To video for descaling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-AjNGFF16M&t=18s. You may not have finished the process completely so the machine will think it is still in descale mode. Run through the descale again as per the instructions, do not try to finish this process early as the machine will not register that the descale is finished.

M Tayashasked

Dedica EC685M (Silver)

milk frother leaking water every time i make coffee and amount of coffee thats coming out is very small

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi M Tayash, how much water is leaking from the frother? If you have just steamed your milk then it will either leak the residual milk or a little bit of water from the steam cooling down, but it should not be a large leak. Make sure that after every time you use the steam wand to clean it straight after use, and that it is turned off completely.
You can customise how much coffee you would like to come out too. We have attached a how-to video on customising. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96W3PLno76I

M Tayash

Alot of leaking happen almost half of cup if u don't tern thr machine off, also I dont need to steam milk for the leak to happen, for the steam cooling down i know it and I have been do it. Still leak like crazy.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi M Tayash, it sounds like the steam wand is not fully turned off making it leak hot water, and that would explain why when the machine is turned off the leaking does not happen. Make sure to fully turn the dial upwards to ensure it is off. We have attached a how-to video explaining how to froth milk and you will be able to see how they turn it off and there are tips that you might find helpful at the end.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare all 7 DeLonghi Dedica
CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee MachinesManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee MachinesManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee MachinesManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines
Price (RRP) A$349.00A$349.00A$349.00A$349.00
Pump Pressure15 bar15 bar15 bar15 bar
Input Power1,300 W1,300 W1,300 W1,300 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNoNo
Water Tank Capacity1.1 L1.1 L1.1 L1.1 L
Colour / FinishStainless SteelRedBlackWhite
Dimensions 303 x 149 x 330 mm303 x 149 x 330 mm303 x 149 x 330 mm303 x 149 x 330 mm
Weight4.2 kg4.2 kg4.2 kg4.2 kg
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Bean GrinderNoneNoneNoneNone
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 7 DeLonghi Dedica