DeLonghi Dedica

• Milk Frothing

Rosie S.

Rosie S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better than Cafe Coffee

I worked as a barista for 7 years and this honestly is sensational coffee. For a cheaper, slimline coffee machine, its quick warm-up time and simple functionality is flawless. Excellent pressure against the coffee grounds produces a rich crema ready for any latte art, and the steam wand heats milk to the silkiest texture. I've had this for two years and no sign of slowling down.
I'm torn between wanting to be a regular at the local cafe, and realising the best coffee in town is in my kitchen...

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $280.00.

AmieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice, small machine, doesn't make coffee

When it makes a shot of coffee, it is delicious. However, since I was gifted the coffee machine in February, it has made a shot of coffee maybe 10 times. The rest of the time, when I put a full group head in, it somehow doesn't draw the water through, and I am left with an empty cup and a group head full of wet coffee. Basically, it's a brand new machine that doesn't make coffee. I'm sure it's faulty, and that other delonghi machines would be fine, but for me it's a no. My ALDI machine was better, and I regret giving it away for this one.

Purchased in February 2021 at JB Hi-Fi.

Tiffany HuiSydney, NSW

Water leaks from group head

Purchased at Bing Lee.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Tiffany, we are sorry you have experienced this. Do you not receive the replacement portafilter? If you did not we will escalate your request for you.

Tiffany Hui

Hi there - I haven't received any in the mail - can you please check your records?

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how DeLonghi Dedica compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Ian T.

Ian T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

simple to use

bought this machine for our caravan and it fits the bill, simple to use, compact and makes an acceptable shot. One downer is the coffee holder clogs consistently requiring cleaning. Very frustrating as it wastes coffee but requires a needle to clean the orifice.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Hi Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate it. We are glad your machine has worked great for your caravan! We will also pass on your feedback to our marketing team :)

CJJ

CJJGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Consistently great coffee

Easy to use, doesn't take up much bench space. We did buy a bodum coffee grinder as freshly ground beans make all the difference. Produces a coffee the same as a Cafe once we figured out the best grind/how to barely pack it as at first the water couldn't get through when we packed it too tight. For frothing milk I bought a Breville thermal milk jug that shows how hot the milk is getting- amazing. Got the coffee machine on sale at Myer!

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer for $199.00.

Hi CJJ,
Thank you for your review, we love to hear from happy customers :)

david2207gray

david2207graySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Coffee Machine - get one!

I had to add to this list because I love my DeLonghi it makes great coffee ALL THE TIME, like any machine you need to learn how to operate it and then it delivers in spades. Buy great beans, grind them fresh and let your DeLonghi Dedica do the rest! Great machine, well done DeLonghi!

Purchased in April 2018 at Kitchen Warehouse WA, Osborne Park for $375.00.

Hi David2207Gray,
Thank you for your review, we love to hear from our happy customers :)

Surfaone

SurfaoneSydney, NSW

Wastes so much coffee

This machine can make a nice cup of coffee when its having a good day. Around 6/10 are a good coffee. Its often either getting blocked and not pushing water through or its not frothing milk properly. It is a very frustrating machine to use. Also you cant use a very fine grind of beans eg: Lavazza, as it wont be able to push it through, even a corser grind very often doesnt work. I only lightly tamp the coffee so its not because of that. I clean the machine regularly including basket and wand parts and purge after every cup made, I still have these problems.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bing Lee for $290.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Surfaone, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate it.
We are sorry you have been experiencing these problems, and we will pass on your feedback to our marketing team.

Roman S.

Roman S.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for the price - However, requires some tweaking

It is a great machine for the price. I picked one second hand (1 year old with 1 year of warranty left) for $100 and tweaked it up with getting a proper non-pressurised basket and a proper continuous step burr grinder (the official Delonghi grinder cannot go fine enough) and a good tamper. With those enhancements, my Dedica pulls very nice shots of espresso and a lovely tasting cappuccino. It is capable of frothing milk with a similar texture to commercial machine once the panarello wand is thrown away (by using purely the rubber nuzzle). There are heaps of tutorials online on how to turn this machine into a real beast. So for the money you pay for it you cannot get a better deal. Good luck

Purchased in October 2020 for $100.00.

Jojo

JojoSydney, NSW

Amazing coffee

De Longhi Dedica is an amazing coffee machine for it’s price range.
I grow up in an Italian household so I’ve been in contact with my fair share of espresso machines. This one is a great compact one, fairly easy to use, you can access on some espresso tutorial if you are not satisfied with your company, and disregarding some comments I read here on product review it make a decent milk froth for cappuccinos.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bing Lee for $279.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Jojo, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are so glad you are loving your machine!! :)

kitchencook

kitchencook

Very Frustrating

When it makes a coffee it is quite good. However, like other reviews it constantly tries your patience as to whether it will actually make a cup of coffee. Have done the cleaning, etc works and then will fail again. Also the coffee cup filters that go in the holder fall out at will, which means more wasted coffee grounds. Would not buy again. Also plastic tamper that comes with machine pretty useless, bought a correct sized metal tamper - much better.

Purchased in March 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $179.00.

Hi Kitchencook,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
Thank you for the feedback on our machine, we love knowing how our customer experiences are so that we can improve for all current and future customers.

Mark j

Mark jCentral West, NSW

Very average but ok for the money

Bought this machine 2 months ago after reading the reviews but wish I spent more on a good machine. We have 3 or 4 coffees a day each and sometimes more with friends. Cheaply made, feels like it’s going to fall apart any minute. Milk frother spurts out a jet of water before steaming so watch out for that. The portafilter needs to be cleaned each time instead of knocking the coffee out and going again. It does make an ok coffee but I will sell this unit and buy the breville. More expensive but much better, definitely worth it

Purchased in August 2020 for $400.00.

DianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wonderful upgrade, great crema but..

Have been using my coffee machine for about a week now and have had no problems making great coffee except that the milk frothing wand only lasts for 5 seconds when I turn it on so have had to return to microwaving the milk and using my electric ikea milk frother instead.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $279.00.

Hi Dian,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you are enjoying your Dedica. Very much appreciate you feedback.

Dian

Hi Delonghi. The milk frother seems to only last for 5 seconds and then shuts off so I'm unable to froth any milk. Is there a reason for this?

Shaking machine

Question to others when you use this machine does it shake? My one does and I have to hold the cup so it does not fell off from its place. Did I do something wrong during installation or just have a faulty machine? Oh and it’s very noisy as well.

Purchased in September 2020.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Adz, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to troubleshoot any questions and help get your machine up and running :)

Inconsistent

Too temperamental. I have tried different grinds and varied tamping. But it feels like the luck of the draw to have a consistent pour. Coffee comes out over the top randomly and spills everywhere. I am disappointed with the constant juggling act and failures. I'll be looking around for a machine that works 1st time every time.

Purchased in September 2019 for $290.00.

De'Longhi StaffDeLonghi

Hi Roger, thank you for your review. Please could you give our customer service team a call on 1800 126 659 as our team will be able to troubleshoot any questions and help get your machine up and running :)

Cheryl B.

Cheryl B.South East Queensland, QLD

Best performer

I’ve moved into a smaller place. I used to use a Jura Ena5. That’s too big. So I went hunting for a simple machine that will give me the opportunity to use different coffee beans. Honestly have a machine that grinds your beans is good but then you are stuck with the one flavour.
The delonghi is fantastic. It is consistent and reliable. Even my 11 year old can use it. I don’t use the cup warmer or the milk steamer. I heat half a cup of milk in the microwave and I have programmed the two cup option to fill the rest with coffee.
To those that aren’t happy with their brew, change your beans.
Love this machine.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Cheryl, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you are loving your machine! Enjoy tasting lots of different flavoured beans!

Evie

EvieMelbourne

Wow, didn't expect it to be as good as it is!

We have a Sunbeam Cafe Series EM7100 that is brilliant and never fails to deliver a wonderful cafe style coffee. We wanted a coffee machine that was more compact to use in our motorhome. Made my first cappuccino with the DeLonghi Dedica today, not expecting it to taste as good as the ones made with my Sunbeam machine, but it was! Won't be making inferior pod coffees anymore on our travels!

Purchased in August 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $269.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Evie, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad you love the taste! Great coffee for your travels!

Great value for money . tics almost all the boxes

Replaces fully automatic Krupps machine and is learning curve to making it yourself. Am not thrilled with the sump , pod and filter but for overall cleaning and maintenance seem to work in favor of not having blockages . Only real problem is not being able to get 2 cups at same time , there is not room for 2 cups on the cup plate . If there is an accessory for this please send me one.

Purchased in July 2020 at eBay for $179.00.

mainee

maineeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This machine has been fantastic

We bought our machine in 2012, it makes great coffee every time and it comes with us in our caravan packed away oh so nicely all around Aus including many a dirt road and was dropped once to the ground at Daly Waters pub park & has a pretty good dent in it & it's still producing great coffee. Couldn't ask for any better than that. Cheers Delongi.

Purchased for $425.00.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Mainee, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine! Can't wait until you and your machine can continue to travel around! :)

Eddi

EddiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best manual coffee machine we have had

We still like to make our coffee with ground beans (not pods) and froth our own milk. So after having both sunbeam and breville machines we were a bit hesitant about Delonghi brand. It has been the best machine so far. We use it every day and it has been pretty faultless for over 18 months. Quick to heat milk, stops the coffee flow after a given time and is much thinner in size so we can fit it easily on the bench.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman.

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Eddi, thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! We are so glad you are loving your machine! :)

Garry HookeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with machine

I have just bought this machine after reading other reviews. I use merlo grounded beans As it suits my palate. Unfortunately after each use the filter is full of water which is totally unsatisfactory. I clean the filter after every use. To be honest I would prefer to return the machine and buy another brand.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $275.00.

Garry Hookey

I incorrectly allocated a 4 in the value for money section. It should be a 2 owing to my previous comments

Garry Hookey

I tried all levels of coffee and nothing worked. It was very frustrating to say the least