DeLonghi Dedica

MattSydney

Worst espresso machine I've ever owned - I'm selling if for parts on ebay after four months.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bing Lee.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr EM0480

Larry

LarrySydney, NSW

Good coffee machine , Easy to use

The main reason I bought this machine is just the price caught my eyes , it was very cheap $99 bought from Costco back in May 2019 and I have been using it for 6 months . I usually just make 10 coffees in average in a week.
This machine its very compact and easy to use and It makes good coffee ( ofcause you need to know your coffee making skills). I will definitely buy this machine again if Costco offers the same price.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco NSW, Auburn for $99.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
Morticia

MorticiaSouthern and Hills, SA

Not too good

Bought machine in January 2017 from Good Guys for $275. Worked OK to start then began to reset itself and constantly displaying "descale" even after I had descaled it. I have not used it for 18 months - just sits in cupboard and I should throw it out! However,on it's an improvement on my previous Sunbeam Cafe Series which gave up after only just over 12 months.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We would be happy to help you with the descale alert. Please give us a call on 1800 126 659 and we will be able to assist you :) Best, De'Longhi

JBAU

JBAUSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recommended at $249

Good small home machine. If you can buy this coffee machine on special for $249 or less, and you dont need to make more than 4 cups a day, then I recommend. Nothing I have experienced can compete at this price point and its a DeLonghi so build quality is superior to Chinese cheap.

Anything over this price and you are best to look at the Breville at $600. Just make sure you buy a breville that is NOT made in China!

I say 4 cups because the water container is smaller in comparison and the build is not really suited to more use than this.

Purchased in September 2018 at Amazon for $249.00.

Melbourne Chris

Melbourne ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Mine was a lemon.

Good while it worked (approx 2 months). Only used once or twice a week and after 2 months the machine started resetting every time I tried to make a coffee. Followed advice from Delonghi and reset all the soft settings back to factory default twice. Machine still reset. Delonghi asked me to to take it to a repair agent which I did and 2 weeks later had to go an pick it up as it had been repaired.
Second time I used the repaired unit it reset again. Just as bad as before. Contacted Delonghi and they asked me to return it to the repaired again when I expected a replacement unit.
Machine is going in the bin and I am never going to buy a Delonghi product again. Terrible product, terrible service.

Product is used: Weekly
De'LonghiDeLonghi

Hi Chris, we are sorry to hear this experience you have had with one of our machines. We have just sent you a private message so that we can investigate further in resolving this for you. Best, De'Longhi

Sam L

Sam LSydney, NSW

Size & functionality

I am super happy with my Dedica since my purchase in July 2018. Have had latissima for nearly 3 years prior to this and decided to move onto proper espresso machine to reduce waste and also purchase my own beans. This product is so slim that it fits perfectly in my tiny kitchen and does nothing fancy which exactly what I want - practical.

Purchased in July 2018 at Amazon for $130.00.

GrinderDelonghi Dedica KG 521.M
De'LonghiDeLonghi

Thanks for your feedback Sam :)

Davo

DavoPerth, WA

Good value machine

Great little machine for what you pay for. Not perfect, it has a few little idiosyncrasies that take a bit getting used to, but all coffee machines are like that. Easy to clean, but keep on top of it. We live in Perth and the water has more minerals etc so needs to be cleaned more regularly. Overall good value

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

GrinderKenwood CG600
De'LongiDeLonghi

Thank you for your review Davo!

Tenterden

TenterdenAlstonville NSW 2477

Quick shots from a small footprint

Purchased in March 2016.

GrinderHario Skerton
Ernest

ErnestBrisbane

A basic coffee machine

Bought a Delonghi Dedica EC 685 model about a year ago and found it easy to use and makes good consistent expresso coffee. Functions are basic and the temperature has only one setting but generally found the machine value for money.

Purchased in January 2018.

GrinderDelonghi Dedica KG 521.M
Ian

IanLatham 2615, ACT

Amateur barista's dream machine

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr EM0480

Will

WillPerth

Excellent Home UNit

Only owned a few weeks but wich Id bought years ago, previously using nespresso pod mahcine - this is much better. Takes a little while to heat up but once it does it is awesome. Great pressure from steam wand.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer.

GrinderDeLonghi KG39

Sweetness

SweetnessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is the best coffee machine I have owned

Makes a perfect cup of coffee everytime. I love the fact that is tells me when it needs de-scaling and that I can alter the size of the pour according to what cup I am using, so I don't have to constantly watch it

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $300.00.

PeterH

PeterHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute rubbish product

It's a rubbish product. It made about 8 cups of coffee and then refused to make another one. Coffee loaded and nothing came out into the cup so I scooped all the coffee out and put it into my 3 year old $69 Aldi machine and it all worked fine. When it worked the quality was no better than what the Aldi machine made and a far cry from what you get in a coffee shop. It's going back for a refund.

Purchased in May 2019 for $288.00.

Macca the Roadworker

Macca the RoadworkerKimberley, WA

Gets the pecker peckering in the morning

Was lucky enough to get this on a rewards card so I didn't have to pay. Buying the glass eye and false teeth helped a lot.
It makes a terrific steaming cuppa every time, so hot in fact when my new glass eye fell into the cup when I sneezed, it melted the paint off it.
The frother works like a beauty too. I can throw the new false teeth in a bit of water and they come out gleaming. All the better for a wonderful tasting morning cup of cha to start my day.

Purchased in September 2017 at Rewards card.

Tarl

TarlSouth East Queensland, QLD

good when it worked

This machine was quite good when new. coffee was ok though It would stuggled to make a stong double shot with enough volume . It seems to need descaling a lot. In under 12 mnths the water failed to pass through the filter and basket, even with no coffee in it. The pump has gone again it seems, just like the last identical model we had (this is a replacement from the store). I have owned better machines in the past but to be fair they were more expensive. I will buy another brand

Purchased in July 2018 for $199.00.

GrinderSunbeam Conical Burr Grinder EM0450
annie38

annie38AU

JUNK!

After owning other coffee machines ,and could always get a decent cup of coffee I decided to buy a delonghi dedica. I have only used it 4 times and have thrown it in the cupboard in total frustration.The coffee (a double shot)comes out weak and not very hot, I always have to put the coffee in the microwave,I think this machine is absolute rubbish.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $299.00.

Product is used: Rarely

Sophie

Sophie

Great espresso machine

Easy to use espresso machine with double and single shot attachments. Produces a good quality coffee. And milk frother works well though needs cleaning after each use. Overall easy to clean and descale.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Anna09

Anna09SYDNEY

So worth it!

Recently bought this coffee machine instead of a capsule one. The coffee it makes is absolutely fantastic, I mean to the level of Melbourne coffee shop. Very easy to use. First I was afraid that too many parts will require cleaning and they do (6 including milk jug) but 5 can simply be rinsed so it literally takes few seconds. As this is not a new model I got it practically at half the original RRP. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

tweek_vonsheek

tweek_vonsheekAU

Great Machine

Bought this as a gift for my husband about a year and a bit ago and he really loves it . The red colour looks great in the kitchen and the machine makes great coffee . It has a milk frother attached and is just an all round great little machine ! Highly recommend it for any coffee lover !

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Kat

KatAustralia

This is a beautiful machine

I enjoy the coffee made from this machine. It probably doesn’t get quite as hot as a fully equipped coffee machine and the pressure heads definitely weaken the coffee a bit, but it still makes a beautiful shot and is very easy to use. Would recommend for something on the lower end scale price but wanting to drink less coffee out.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Brian L.

Brian L.asked

Is it ok to purge water from the boiler outlet without attaching the filter holder? Will this do any damage to the coffee machine?

Hey Brian,
If you mean from the group head between coffees this is indeed fine and will help clean the brew head from used coffee. Just be careful of the hot water splashing if the filter holder is not placed.

Matt

It doesn't have a boiler, it uses a thermoblock. Purging didn't seem to do anything for me. I was getting so desperate, I tried everything. With thermoblock machines I purge everytime to flush leftover grinds and to preserve the seal. It's useful to do this to regulate temp sometimes on boiler machines, but with a thermoblock not so much.

Emily G.

Emily G.asked

I just bought a DeLonghi Dedica machine and initially tried the 1-cup filter basket. I wanted to try making 2 cups so I tried changed the filter to the 2-cup one. I found that it was not attaching to the filter holder. It just keeps popping out. Do you have an idea how I can keep the 2-cup filter basket fit to the filter holder?

Hi Emily,
There is a little wire clip inside the filter holder that holds the basket in. If this clip is not sitting properly in the filter holder the basket cannot be pushed in enough and it will keep popping out. Make sure the clip is sitting in its place and doesnt fall out as you push the basket in.
Press the basket in from one side to the other until it sits completely flush with the holder and it will stay in.
If the wire clip falls out completely and its not in there this may also be why the basket won't stay in.
Check out this how to video it's about cleaning your machine but you can see the clip I am talking about when they are cleaning the handle.
Thank you so much for your question if you need to speak to someone in person you can always call our customer service team on 1800 126 659.
Have an awesome day

Owen B.

Owen B.asked

Hi. I m finding that I can't connect the double cup filter to the machine. It looks like it won't take double measures.which seems odd. When I DO manage to connect it, it only pour from one side?

Hi Owen,
It sounds like you just have too much coffee grounds in the filter basket. Try adding a little bit less before tamping to allow the handle to fit into the machine, especially when the machine is new the handles fit nice and tight. If it is pouring from one side only this is a sign that the tamp may not have been even and the coffee dose is too high so the water is sliding to one side when it is trying to push through. Also good to check the grind is not too fine as well. Shout out if you need further help.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives