DeLonghi Dedica

Gets the pecker peckering in the morning

Was lucky enough to get this on a rewards card so I didn't have to pay. Buying the glass eye and false teeth helped a lot.
It makes a terrific steaming cuppa every time, so hot in fact when my new glass eye fell into the cup when I sneezed, it melted the paint off it.
The frother works like a beauty too. I can throw the new false teeth in a bit of water and they come out gleaming. All the better for a wonderful tasting morning cup of cha to start my day.

Purchased in September 2017 at Rewards card.

good when it worked

This machine was quite good when new. coffee was ok though It would stuggled to make a stong double shot with enough volume . It seems to need descaling a lot. In under 12 mnths the water failed to pass through the filter and basket, even with no coffee in it. The pump has gone again it seems, just like the last identical model we had (this is a replacement from the store). I have owned better machines in the past but to be fair they were more expensive. I will buy another brand

Purchased in July 2018 for $199.00.

GrinderSunbeam Conical Burr Grinder EM0450

JUNK!

After owning other coffee machines ,and could always get a decent cup of coffee I decided to buy a delonghi dedica. I have only used it 4 times and have thrown it in the cupboard in total frustration.The coffee (a double shot)comes out weak and not very hot, I always have to put the coffee in the microwave,I think this machine is absolute rubbish.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $299.00.

Product is used: Rarely

Great espresso machine

Easy to use espresso machine with double and single shot attachments. Produces a good quality coffee. And milk frother works well though needs cleaning after each use. Overall easy to clean and descale.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

So worth it!

Recently bought this coffee machine instead of a capsule one. The coffee it makes is absolutely fantastic, I mean to the level of Melbourne coffee shop. Very easy to use. First I was afraid that too many parts will require cleaning and they do (6 including milk jug) but 5 can simply be rinsed so it literally takes few seconds. As this is not a new model I got it practically at half the original RRP. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great Machine

Bought this as a gift for my husband about a year and a bit ago and he really loves it . The red colour looks great in the kitchen and the machine makes great coffee . It has a milk frother attached and is just an all round great little machine ! Highly recommend it for any coffee lover !

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This is a beautiful machine

I enjoy the coffee made from this machine. It probably doesn’t get quite as hot as a fully equipped coffee machine and the pressure heads definitely weaken the coffee a bit, but it still makes a beautiful shot and is very easy to use. Would recommend for something on the lower end scale price but wanting to drink less coffee out.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Little Performer

Produces a very good short black with plenty of crema. Simple to use. Good quality unit for the price. The steamer could do with being a little more powerful, but I really can’t complain with the unit as I didn’t spend $700-800 for something that I would rate similar. Great machine Delonghi!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

You better be a true barista to operate this machine

I bought this on amazon. Hate this machine, as I wasted more espresso when the water would not brew and drip and got stuck frequently. Would not matter if I packed the espresso lose or tight had many issues. Also the milk froth leaked water in my milk and watered it down. Waste of money and difficult to operate!!! I’m apparently not a barista or this is defective machine.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

It was a good machine, till it wasn't

In six months this machine has played silly buggers six times, did a full descale each time, unscrewed the filters etc, even soaked them in napisan overnight, water still wont pump through the basket. We use filtered rainwater. I'm ready to get a refund on this and never go near DeLonghi again... With so much trouble with the Scultura, now this, I'm a bit disappointed. And of course your machine only craps itself when you are craving your morning cup o' Joe...

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great for small spaces

It's my first coffee machine. I had no issue whatsoever with it after using it for 6 months. It's the best machine to learn the art of home brewing coffee. I experiment with temperature and filter by using pressurised and non-pressurised.

I found the quality is very consistent once you know the amount and tamping pressure.

The only improvement I would suggest is increasing the height of the portafilter docking to allow travel mugs to fit in.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Lovely and creamy

I love the coffee this machine can produce. Nice and strong and a very easy machine to use however... it seems to need a descale a lot. We live on rainwater so it shouldn't need it but I run it through without the actual fluid just water and the light goes out till next time.. so it seems to be on a timer for descaling not actually needing it. The base is too high for me but can be removed although you need a smaller base cup to fit as a larger mug I have to sit on an angle. It also seems to not be able to pump the water through if you tamp too hard. My old machine I could tamp as hard as I wanted but this seems quite picky and just that bit too tamped and I have to wait for the pressure to subside and start over. Very nice coffee when I get it all right though and a nice narrow size machine. Needs to be held down when you tighten the handle in or the whole machine moves.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great entry level coffee machine for home coffees.

Quite a good machine, certainly worth the value for money and price. It pays to spend time practising with this machine and running it in. Also the quality of your grind is essential between a bad and good coffee. Once i shifted to a good grinder, i can now make perfect single or double shot espressos. The steamer does the job, but isn't exceptional.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

DeLonghi Dedica

The quality of the coffee produced by this coffee machine is very good, and I am satisfied that the quality of the coffee produced is consistent. There is a need to improve the temperature of the coffee produced by this coffee machine. It is not possible to keep the temperature of the coffee produced every time consistent, and there will be deviations, which will lead to differences in taste.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Versatile little machine that punches above its weight.

My upmarket (but old) Jura machine died and the prospect of spending heaps to get it mended was looming. We took our time and looked at all offerings with 15 bars of pressure. I kept coming back to the Dedica and was mostly impressed by how little space it takes up on the kitchen bench despite its 15 bar pressure and also the fact that it call also use pods (which would be handy for emergencies) . So far I haven't used the pod feature and note that these are the ESE Easy Serving Espresso which I still need to track down -re hard to find). I grind my coffee in a Nutri-Bullet so it is very fine which may contribute to the good strength of the pour. The frother on the side is quick, simple and hot enough and you can manipulate it easily to make large or fine foam. This is an excellent feature. Oh, and best of all, it is a lot cheaper than the other machines (got a lowest price match) yet has all the same features (except an onboard grinder) is simple to use and makes a good cuppa. We love it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great coffee machine - easy to use & clean

We had a coffee machine before which used pods but I like the fact that with this machine you can use pods or fresh coffee. Now we can get freshly ground coffee which tastes and smells better than the pods and is much more cost effective.
The machine is easy to use (once you've got used to it) and easy to clean. The milk frother is also easy to use and clean.
It's not too big so will fit into smaller kitchens.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Love it!

I love delonghi products. My last coffee machine (delonghi icona) lasted approx 6 years before I had to replace it.
This one is even better! The pressure, heat and steam produced are incredible for a home machine. I have over 10 years experience as a barista and have recommended these machines to countless friends and customers as a home machine

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Slow to heat milk, but the coffee tastes great.

Bought for $250 for Christmas and it's actually alright. The coffee tastes great, and we buy our packets from coles - so that says something.

One flaw is the steamer is a little slow, it would take me almost a full minute to heat the milk to 65 Degrees.
The only other flaw is you can't drink from regular sized mugs with this model. They just don't fit under the group handle.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Very happy with this coffee machine

After a lengthy personal debate of whether to go for the convenience of pods or the extra effort (and expense) required of an espresso machine, I decided to do neither, and stick to buying my barista-made double-shot flat whites. Then I saw this machine on special at Amazon, so decided to take a punt.

To be honest, the Dedica took me a little time to get used to. Initially I struggled to produce a good coffee consistently, however I can now say that I have mastered it.

The key is having the right size cups (170-180ml). For me, this is an absolute must if you are a flat white or latte drinker. Using these made the biggest difference. I also invested in a tamping mat, milk frothing jug and a metal tamper.

On the negative side - the machine is fairly noisy when making the coffee. The final coffee is not quite as hot as I like it, despite my programming it to the hottest setting. There is no warning when the water tank is approaching empty, it just sounds louder (and slightly different) than when making coffee, so you have to keep an eye on the water level. The top of the machine is supposed to be a cup warmer, but takes too long to heat up so that doesn't really help.

On the positive side - it is beautifully compact and does not take up much bench space. It does not take long to fill and tamp the coffee in the portafilter and pull the shot. While the last drops of coffee are falling into your cup, you can start frothing the milk. The frother works really well - but you have to turn the dial all the way or you just get flashing lights. After frothing milk, the machine is too hot to continue, so you can't make any further coffee unless you turn the machine back to the coffee setting, place a glass under the frother and turn the frother on again. This forces water through the thermoblock and cools the machine down, and also cleans out the milk frother pipe. You can make two cups at a time which is handy, but if you have a large crowd wanting coffee, you may be at the machine for a while. In fairness however it is a compact coffee maker, not a cafe-sized one.

All in all I am very happy with it. I've tried various brands of ground coffee and coffee beans, and I can make decent flat whites quickly and easily, and now I can have one whenever I feel like it. So now i just need to invest in a knock bin...

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Excellent espresso maker, and so compact!

If you want a genuinely excellent, attractive espresso maker at a reasonable price but don't have a lot of room for one of the behemoth "standard" machines, the De'Longhi EC680 is exactly what you've been looking for.
This machine requires about the same amount of counter space as a Keurig coffee machine. Technically, it's only 2/3 the width of a typical Keurig, but you want to leave a little room on the right so that the steam wand remains easily accessible.

Date PurchasedMar 2015