The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

See the Best Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for The Little Guy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
KayaJinxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my little guy

So, when I first started using it I couldn't get the milk to steam properly. I then left it on the stovetop and burnt it out. I got it repaired at great expense and since then I have been using it every day. It took about 2 weeks to perfect the grind and henceforth milk. I now get absolutely perfect milk every time. I am also using an aftermarket coffee basket as the one that it comes with makes the coffee too strong and there is only one of me. Works great, perfect coffee everytime.

Purchased in April 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $375.00.

Floater
FloaterAU

Looks can be deceiving

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for $295.00.

Simon T.
Simon T.South East Queensland, QLD

Live everything about this little guy from the design to its functionality.

I have used this everyday for six years and never had a problem. I take it everywhere with me it is a hit camping. My coffee snob girlfriend (one of the reasons I love her) loves the coffee I make her and rates it verses the best baristas. Just get one already!

Purchased in January 2013 for $700.00.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how The Little Guy Home Barista Kit compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

timcsky
timcskySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Seductive looks, mesmerising brew

I bought my unit off eBay- new and unused- previous owner declared it "too fussy- my Pod machine is so so much easier." So, I bought off the Caf-fiend Philistine for $250.00 and toasted their bad taste with the first magnificent brew. The aroma and the seduction of this machine nearly made me serially unfaithful to my Gaggia Classic, but as dedicated Caffeiniciado, I can balance the love of both and reap the benefits.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $250.00.

Russell Pata
Russell Pata

Worth the effort.

The old “Atomic” done better. Making a coffee with The Little Guy is art. You will actually need to learn what it takes to get the best brew. The final product is worth every cent and minute spent.
If you take the time this machine will extract one of the best coffees you have ever tasted.
It is neat, sturdy, easy to clean. The induction top works very well and will help you get things right. The steam wand puts out constant “hot” steam as a proper pressure based machine should. Be cautious with this if you use a pump based machine. This steam is a whole different level. It stretches milk to perfection.

Purchased in November 2018 at Wild Wombat Coffee for $665.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Maggie L.
Maggie L.Perth, WA

the Little Guy Home Kit is good!

Purchased not too Long ago and is very handy as we have a gas hob. Since my husband does not drink coffee often I have used it almost twice everyday for the past two years! Makes your standard coffees and so far no issues with the machine, cappuccino's are average and requires bigger amounts of coffee beans that con be expensive, but other than that its a great little machine!

Purchased in September 2018.

Sebastian B.
Sebastian B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Will reward those that take the time to work him out.

Great product. As a professional barista of many years, this machine is capable of delivering a cafe standard coffee.
I've had to take time tweaking my own use of this device, but a worthy investment.
Build quality is excellent. It looks fantastic.
Save yourself some time and read the reviews. You'll hit the ground running.

Purchased in August 2014 at Online for $750.00.

Desmo Chi
Desmo ChiSydney Surrounds, NSW

timeless masterpiece of espresso beauty

The quality of this item is exceptional. You pick it up and there's nothing like feeling the weight and seeing the gleaming polished finish. In contrast to other stove top brewers made from aluminium, the Little Guy or 'Otto' looks like and is worthy of family heirloom status. It works wonderfully to extract the coffee and produce the desired crema. It's a slow process that becomes an enjoyable and rewarding ritual, mesmerising to watch, and it'll certainly impress your guests. However, if you live a busy lifestyle and have little time for the beautiful things in life or if art doesn't appeal to you, then just get yourself an instant coffee maker of some sort. One for the connoisseurs.

Purchased in December 2015.

Beautiful object that makes great coffee - once you’ve mastered it.

We’ve had a Little Guy machine for 3 years now, and love it. We use it to make coffee in a holiday cottage with only a gas hob to cook on. The machine is perfect for us.
We drink small flat whites/piccolos and used to make coffee in a plunger, which compared to decent espresso tastes pretty naff. The Little Guy was a huge improvement. It took a bit of initial experimenting, but once we’d mastered it, it makes reliably great coffee that tastes better than most commercial cafes.

It’s not the quickest or most convenient way to make coffee, but it tastes fantastic. It’s also a beautiful and interesting object to have on your bench-top.

Purchased in January 2017.

younggle
younggleSydney, NSW

Makes beautiful coffee but is NOT for someone after a convenient coffee

Purchased in July 2013 at Myer.

Pete
PeteFar North Queensland, QLD

$600 Useless Paperweight

Purchased in October 2015 at David Jones Online Store for $606.15.

Mr E
Mr EPerth

Should be called "the fussy little guy"

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $300.00.

Greg
GregMid North Coast, NSW

No problemo!

After four years I was having a problem with my extraction. Craig suggested a flush with with a commercial grade cleaner which I sourced from Botero Roasters in Maclean. Brilliant. Turns out that my mineralised bore water had presented a scaling problem. Love this machine.

Pete
PeteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great coffee every day courtesy of Craig, the creator of the Little Guy :)

Purchased in January 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for $499.00.

Nick J.
Nick J.Sydney, NSW

Awesome coffee / Customer service

Great espresso, made possibly the best coffees I've ever had. I did have some issues early on so reached out to the company, Craig (founder) got in touch and we chatted on the phone for about 15 minutes. We narrowed it down to user error, taking his comments into account it's been working like a dream.

Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store.

Read more reviews - page 2