The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

See the Best Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nick J.

Nick J.Sydney, NSW

Awesome coffee / Customer service

Great espresso, made possibly the best coffees I've ever had. I did have some issues early on so reached out to the company, Craig (founder) got in touch and we chatted on the phone for about 15 minutes. We narrowed it down to user error, taking his comments into account it's been working like a dream.

Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store.

Consistency
Product is used: Several times a week

Amazing espresso

Consistently perfect espresso every day - have had the machine for approx 10 years! Recently had a minor issue with the steam wand, even though machine was purchase so long ago still received amazing customer service from the manufacturer to work out and resolve the problem.

Purchased in May 2008 at Myer Online Store.

Perfect Espresso Coffee for Home and Travel

I have been using the Little Guy since 2011 (+8 years) and it has been faultless. Great Espresso Coffee and an awesome Flat White. I use it daily at home and also in an off-road caravan when travelling. How good is a real coffee when travelling to remote places in the van! I use with a Little Guy induction top which is via an inverter when travelling in the van. What a great forever investment!

Purchased in August 2011 at Wagga Catering Equpment.

kevin

kevinSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Restored after sales service

Best coffee that I've made from any device and Doug in after sales was great after I damage the seals by allowing LG to sit on gas for far too long

Purchased in April 2017 at Myer Online Store.

GrinderThermomix

Just the best!

Purchased in November 2017 for $699.00.

Pete J.

Pete J.Sydney, NSW

What a Guy!

Making coffee with the Little Guy is a positive experience every time. For those who enjoy the process as much as the outcome, this product will leave you feeling like the world is a great place to live in, every morning. That's not to mention the aesthetics!
It takes a few goes to learn how to make great coffee, but that's part of the process of falling in love.
I did had an issue with a seal which broke a few months in. I got in touch, and was very pleased with the customer service and tips. I highly recommend this product!

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones for $750.00.

GrinderDelonghi Dedica KG 521.M

LlondaHunter Region, NSW

Coffee to Perfection

Purchased in August 2013 at Essential Ingredient.

Love The Little Guy

Purchased in February 2014 at Myer for $499.00.

Stan59

Stan59Hunter Region, NSW

I don’t want to live without my Otto

I’ve had my Otto since 2011, and it took some familiarisation to get the best out of it. Now, I can’t live without it. I love the SLOW ritual of the process of making a coffee. The machine is solidly made, beautiful in your kitchen and can give consistent cafe quality coffee. Get quality beans, use them fresh, preferably grind fresh for perfect extraction. I rarely buy coffee out anymore. I get best results with the companion induction plate. All up highly valued friend in my kitchen.

Purchased in November 2011 for $899.00.

GrinderBreville Coffee 'n' Spice Grinder CG2B
Robyn

RobynHobart, TAS

Absolutely, totally thoroughly hopeless.

Looks great. Otherwise a total dud. Uses MASSIVE amounts of coffee. The only time it makes decent cappuccino is in the tutorials. Waste of money unless it’s just for decoration.

Purchased in December 2018 at Coffee Plus, Hobart for $699.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Incredibly happy with the Little Guy

I have been incredibly happy with the Little Guy, using it at least once a day for many years. It makes a delicious coffee, and with the option of heating and frothing the milk, it is truly a great device.

Only downside is the fineness of the bean it takes - if too fine (owners stupid mistake), the machine can blow a gasket - though they do offer a very good maintenance service.

Purchased in January 2014 for $499.00.

KevinJ

KevinJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great coffee machine can't live without it

This is a great coffee machine that works and works well. You do need a little practice and follow the instructions to get the best results. After sales service is exceptional and very quick.

Purchased in July 2018 at Little Guy website for $700.00.

Simon

SimonPerth

The best coffee I’ve ever had plus reliable plus enjoying the process

Purchased in January 2019 for $700.00.

Product is used: Daily

Like No Other Coffee Maker You'll Find!

Bought it online from the awesome crew at The Bircher Bar and haven't ever regretted it for a second. It's a staple on my kitchen counter and makes the best home espresso I've ever had - time and time again. I've paired it with the Little Guy Induction Plate and Little Guy Tamper too - can't recommend more!

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Excellent machine, excellent customer service

We have had our little guy since my 32nd birthday (5 years now), it has unfailingly made the best coffee and has been a pleasure to use (there is a learning curve, but online tutorials will have you making perfect coffee in no time).
My review was actually prompted by the customer service, having lost the boiler lid I called to see about a replacement... this was arranged and sent within 24 hrs!

Can’t say enough good things about the product or the customer service. Do yourself a favour, buy it!

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Pete

PeteSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Live off the the grid and this guy produces 2 every day for the last seven years

Its an absolute gem at pouring shots, so far over 5000. Good espresso maker to have as I live off the grid. Plus it comes camping with me.
I have a porlex hand grinder and Covea gas burner which you can regulate the heat realy well.
Have used it every day for the last seven years, this espresso machine would suit those who are pernikity about there coffee.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Ivy

IvyTea tree gully, Sa

Excellent coffee

Ive given this 4 stars instead of five for one reason, that is that youshould really purchase the invertion cooking hob that is made especially for this, as initially using this on my gas stove, i became distracted and burnt out my little guy on not one but two seperate occaisions.
This can be fixed, but it is costly and it has to be sent away.
Now that I have the invertion cooking top it is perfect. Makes wonderful coffee. I am spoilt now as when I go to purchase a coffee from a cafe it is sometimes nt as good as I can make at home.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Can’t buy a coffee any more

Have been using the Little Guy for a couple of years now and the quality of the extraction is amazing, I am no longer able to buy coffee from our local cafes and we have a lot here in Alexandria ! I recon we save about $2k a year and drink the best coffee in town !

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Mark

MarkVic

A modern style icon that makes superb espresso

Amazing stove top coffee that matches coffee shop brews. Just a beatiful machine, not cheap but this is top notch quality in every regard and the customer service from Little Guy is 10/10, friendly and helpful from people who are clearly passionate about espresso and this product. I love my Otto

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Gopala

Gopala

Wonderful Machine - Suffers no fools

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Dominic O.

Dominic O.asked

Some questions about my Little Guy (with custom induction plate) which I've been using for a week:
1) The coffee seems to "spit" all over the place, especially towards the end of the extraction process. The bench ends up spotted with coffee in a radius of about 30 cm?
2) Related to question #1 - the manual estimates 60ml extraction in about 90 seconds. I'm getting about 40 ml after 2m30s. Grind too fine? Too much coffee in basket? Tamping too hard? All of the above? I've switched to the basket with lots of holes ("professional") but that's producing watery coffee.

Il Duomo
Il Duomo

Update - 2 weeks and 3 bags of coffee after purchasing, the most recent cafe knew about The Little Guy (stockist) and even had their grinder set to "TLG" (not a number, actually a setting they'd pencilled in after trial and error. Finally, FINALLY the coffee is tasting smooth and rich with caramel overtones the way I like it, and it's not longer "spitting". Still falling short of the promised 60 mls though but at least I can see progress. It's a good thing I love a challenge :P

Llondaasked

Hi
Have been a user of Otto now - The Little Guy since early release.
Problem - insufficiency of steam today for milk ?

Llonda

Problem solved - thank you.

House

Houseasked

Hi there, we have had our little guy for quite some time before realising it does not work correctly, water drips from all around the group head around the outside after handle is placed in, and soon steam starts to come out at an alarming rate. There is no crema and the coffee is mostly water. Also, we have not been able to use the steam wand as of yet. We have tried to flip the seal to see if that would help but same result. I'm thinking maybe the seal was just faulty? Extremely dissapointed so far but any help to get our Little Guy working properly would be greatly appreciated!

CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines