The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

• Milk Frothing
KayaJinx

KayaJinxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my little guy

So, when I first started using it I couldn't get the milk to steam properly. I then left it on the stovetop and burnt it out. I got it repaired at great expense and since then I have been using it every day. It took about 2 weeks to perfect the grind and henceforth milk. I now get absolutely perfect milk every time. I am also using an aftermarket coffee basket as the one that it comes with makes the coffee too strong and there is only one of me. Works great, perfect coffee everytime.

Purchased in April 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$375.00.

Floater

FloaterAU

Looks can be deceiving

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones for A$295.00.

Simon T.

Simon T.South East Queensland, QLD

Live everything about this little guy from the design to its functionality.

I have used this everyday for six years and never had a problem. I take it everywhere with me it is a hit camping. My coffee snob girlfriend (one of the reasons I love her) loves the coffee I make her and rates it verses the best baristas. Just get one already!

Purchased in January 2013 for A$700.00.

GrinderLume Portable Burr Grinder
Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how The Little Guy Home Barista Kit compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

timcsky

timcskySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Seductive looks, mesmerising brew

I bought my unit off eBay- new and unused- previous owner declared it "too fussy- my Pod machine is so so much easier." So, I bought off the Caf-fiend Philistine for $250.00 and toasted their bad taste with the first magnificent brew. The aroma and the seduction of this machine nearly made me serially unfaithful to my Gaggia Classic, but as dedicated Caffeiniciado, I can balance the love of both and reap the benefits.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for A$250.00.

GrinderBreville BCG820 (Grinder)
Russell Pata

Russell Pata

Worth the effort.

The old “Atomic” done better. Making a coffee with The Little Guy is art. You will actually need to learn what it takes to get the best brew. The final product is worth every cent and minute spent.
If you take the time this machine will extract one of the best coffees you have ever tasted.
It is neat, sturdy, easy to clean. The induction top works very well and will help you get things right. The steam wand puts out constant “hot” steam as a proper pressure based machine should. Be cautious with this if you use a pump based machine. This steam is a whole different level. It stretches milk to perfection.

Purchased in November 2018 at Wild Wombat Coffee for A$665.00.

GrinderSunbeam Cafe Series Conical Burr EM0480
Maggie L.

Maggie L.Perth, WA

the Little Guy Home Kit is good!

Purchased not too Long ago and is very handy as we have a gas hob. Since my husband does not drink coffee often I have used it almost twice everyday for the past two years! Makes your standard coffees and so far no issues with the machine, cappuccino's are average and requires bigger amounts of coffee beans that con be expensive, but other than that its a great little machine!

Purchased in September 2018.

Sebastian B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Will reward those that take the time to work him out.

Great product. As a professional barista of many years, this machine is capable of delivering a cafe standard coffee.
I've had to take time tweaking my own use of this device, but a worthy investment.
Build quality is excellent. It looks fantastic.
Save yourself some time and read the reviews. You'll hit the ground running.

Purchased in August 2014 at Online for A$750.00.

GrinderHand grinder
Desmo Chi

Desmo ChiSydney Surrounds, NSW

timeless masterpiece of espresso beauty

The quality of this item is exceptional. You pick it up and there's nothing like feeling the weight and seeing the gleaming polished finish. In contrast to other stove top brewers made from aluminium, the Little Guy or 'Otto' looks like and is worthy of family heirloom status. It works wonderfully to extract the coffee and produce the desired crema. It's a slow process that becomes an enjoyable and rewarding ritual, mesmerising to watch, and it'll certainly impress your guests. However, if you live a busy lifestyle and have little time for the beautiful things in life or if art doesn't appeal to you, then just get yourself an instant coffee maker of some sort. One for the connoisseurs.

Purchased in December 2015.

Product is usedSeveral times a week

Beautiful object that makes great coffee - once you’ve mastered it.

We’ve had a Little Guy machine for 3 years now, and love it. We use it to make coffee in a holiday cottage with only a gas hob to cook on. The machine is perfect for us.
We drink small flat whites/piccolos and used to make coffee in a plunger, which compared to decent espresso tastes pretty naff. The Little Guy was a huge improvement. It took a bit of initial experimenting, but once we’d mastered it, it makes reliably great coffee that tastes better than most commercial cafes.

It’s not the quickest or most convenient way to make coffee, but it tastes fantastic. It’s also a beautiful and interesting object to have on your bench-top.

Purchased in January 2017.

younggleSydney, NSW

Makes beautiful coffee but is NOT for someone after a convenient coffee

Purchased in July 2013 at Myer.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800
Pete

PeteFar North Queensland, QLD

$600 Useless Paperweight

Purchased in October 2015 at David Jones Online Store for A$606.15.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800
Mr E

Mr EPerth

Should be called "the fussy little guy"

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$300.00.

Greg

GregMid North Coast, NSW

No problemo!

After four years I was having a problem with my extraction. Craig suggested a flush with with a commercial grade cleaner which I sourced from Botero Roasters in Maclean. Brilliant. Turns out that my mineralised bore water had presented a scaling problem. Love this machine.

Pete

PeteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great coffee every day courtesy of Craig, the creator of the Little Guy :)

Purchased in January 2017 at Myer Retail Stores for A$499.00.

Nick J.

Nick J.Sydney, NSW

Awesome coffee / Customer service

Great espresso, made possibly the best coffees I've ever had. I did have some issues early on so reached out to the company, Craig (founder) got in touch and we chatted on the phone for about 15 minutes. We narrowed it down to user error, taking his comments into account it's been working like a dream.

Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store.

Product is usedSeveral times a week

Amazing espresso

Consistently perfect espresso every day - have had the machine for approx 10 years! Recently had a minor issue with the steam wand, even though machine was purchase so long ago still received amazing customer service from the manufacturer to work out and resolve the problem.

Purchased in May 2008 at Myer Online Store.

Perfect Espresso Coffee for Home and Travel

I have been using the Little Guy since 2011 (+8 years) and it has been faultless. Great Espresso Coffee and an awesome Flat White. I use it daily at home and also in an off-road caravan when travelling. How good is a real coffee when travelling to remote places in the van! I use with a Little Guy induction top which is via an inverter when travelling in the van. What a great forever investment!

Purchased in August 2011 at Wagga Catering Equpment.

kevin

kevinSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Restored after sales service

Best coffee that I've made from any device and Doug in after sales was great after I damage the seals by allowing LG to sit on gas for far too long

Purchased in April 2017 at Myer Online Store.

GrinderThermomix

Just the best!

Purchased in November 2017 for A$699.00.

Pete J.

Pete J.Sydney, NSW

What a Guy!

Making coffee with the Little Guy is a positive experience every time. For those who enjoy the process as much as the outcome, this product will leave you feeling like the world is a great place to live in, every morning. That's not to mention the aesthetics!
It takes a few goes to learn how to make great coffee, but that's part of the process of falling in love.
I did had an issue with a seal which broke a few months in. I got in touch, and was very pleased with the customer service and tips. I highly recommend this product!

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones for A$750.00.

GrinderDelonghi Dedica KG 521.M

Carl

Carlasked

Hey to all TLG owners out there! Anyone know how to pull TLG apart completely? Specifically the group head with the internal silicon pipe attached to it. I think mine has just blown the internal silicon pipes apart - big steam explosion just as I was about to steam some milk and all the pressure dropped out!! I'm in NZ and I dont think there is a repairer here so if I can get it apart I'll replace the pipes myself...........Cheers Carl

Holly T.
Holly T.

Same situ here! Had any luck fixing?

Sebastian B.asked

Hey guys. I have a milk tip, and a question.
Tip- when texturing milk, only introduce air into the milk while it's cold. Once the milk is warm, introducing air will only ruin the texture. Also the milk jug will squeal for two reasons - not enough air in the milk, or not enough steam pressure.
Question- I struggle to get enough pressure to do a small jug of milk. My extraction is fine, I fill to the bottom edge, have the flame on reasonably high, and wait until the extraction is nearly complete to start on the milk. What am I doing wrong??

younggle

Does extraction start before the 8 min mark? Is yes, try a finer grind size until extraction starts on the 8 min mark. Or try using the other basket insert with the small number of holes. That will help with getting the right pressure for texturing.

Edgi V.
Edgi V.

Hi there, I've been trying to solve this issue of balancing the correct grind and getting the right pressure for texturing milk. I have a manual grinder and have tried both coarse and fine grinds and I find that when you go slightly fine, you achieve good pressure for textuing milk but the extraction is longer and goes over the 8 min mark. And even then, it doesn't seem like it generates enough pressure for a decent textured milk. My theory here is that the finer grind should allow better build up of pressure for texturizing. On the coarser end, the milk wand is super squealy. I'm a bit at a loss as well on how to solve this puzzle.

Sebastian B.asked

Hey team. A question, and a comment..
The comment is.. as a barista in a former life I have some milk tips..
-only texture (when the steam tip is near the surface) when the milk is cold. Once it's staring to warm, just spin the milk to the desired temperature. Introducing air into warm milk will split it. Also, the milk jug will squeal if there's not enough air in the milk, or if there is insufficient steam pressure.
Question- I'm struggling to get anough steam pressure to texture a small jug of milk. I'm filling the water right up to the bottom edge and my coffee is extracting fine. I wait until the extraction is nearly done to start texturing.

CategoryManual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines