4The Little Guy Home Barista Kit

Easy to clean

Jacarada
Jacarada10 posts

*+*+ Lazy Coffee Person *+*+

I was Gifted this Machine a few years ago still in Box unopened. I have always used Automatic Coffee Machines. I know it gets Great Reviews but…is it easy to set up for a Lazy button pusher…or is it fiddly…. Show details ·  2
Matty112233
Matty112233Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect machine to use

Its a great machine to use .. I can't live with out it
popsicola51
popsicola51Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Life is better

I got it brand new 1 year ago and I can't be happier. Yes, it might not have all the gadgets but it very reliable. Show details
Ozzy
OzzyDarling Downs, QLD5 posts
Luke M
Luke M

Love making coffee with The Little Guy

I normally use an electric espresso machine when at home, but The Little Guy comes with us when we are travelling away from home, camping or off the grid etc. I love the process of making coffee with it, its fun every time and the quality of the shot is great. Show details
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Stunning machine …a few tweaks and would be perfect

Quality amazing, stunning machine …absolutely love it.but they just need to sort the design as always a splattering of coffee at the end of use .,,.coffee spots everywhere and a,ways have to wipe ….. Show details
Kevin from Seattle
Kevin from Seattle

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Waited for 3 years and finally got mine - Love it

The original company went out of business and I was not abe to get my hands on one before they did. The new team is fantastic, the product is as good if not better than the previous and the support was amazing. Delivery was super fast too.

It makes the best home coffee hands down. Small and as good as a professional machine. I am hooked.

Thanks The Little Guy Team for bringing it back and all the tips. Show details ·  1

Divina Jamon
Divina JamonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Excellent for home use

The only improvement that I feel could do wonders is, if the streamer could heat the milk extra hot. Otherwise I can’t fault my little guy. It’s a wonderful piece of equipment and I love a strong espresso or latte. Show details
Megan cr
Megan crRichmond-Tweed, NSW3 posts

Can't buy a better coffee

Have tried many in home coffee machines and have used a professional machine when I owned a cafe. The Little Guy produces coffee way above home machine standards and equal to barista operated professional machines. Have had my machine for 6 years now and it has paid for itself at least 10 times over and that is from only drinking one cup per day. Show details
Robert Mateljan
Robert Mateljan

A good backup coffee maker

The Little Guy makes a great coffee over and over. I have only praise for design and performance of The Little Guy.
The instructions for use on the other hand are a bit vague. Maybe I missed reading or hearing how much coffee the group head holds. After some extensive research and testing I found the the basket holds 20g of coffee. I found 21g is optimal. However you do need to calibre your grinder to the particular beans being used. DON'T tamp (compress) the coffee Light tamping is all that is needed. Most important is keep the surface of the coffee level. This proceedure will guarantee a perfect double shot every time. Show details ·  1
Robert Kench
Robert KenchHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Maintenance of the Otto or Little Guy!

To use over a period of time maintenance becomes a natural issue & so I’m seeking spares to keep a handy item going Show details ·  2
Paul B.
Paul B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Coffee craftsmanship at its best

Worth the effort to master the experience with a good grinder. Show details
Iraj Afnan
Iraj Afnan

To many adjustments to optimise consistency

I have been using the little Guy for a number of years. I usually make two cups of short black for five days a week. Over the years I have used the same coffee beans and the same grinder. The uncertainty is the amount of coffee used and how hard I compact it. In recent years the amount of coffee extracted is getting smaller, but the final quality is very good. I don't understand why I am getting less coffee. It is as if the pressure inside the Little Guy is getting less with time. Do I need a new one? Show details ·  1
ACB
ACB

NewportHandyman
NewportHandyman

Hi, would anyone know if there's anywhere that can service these now, or if the seals are available anywhere?

SPIZ
SPIZ

Has all the parts you need and also they service machines

KayaJinx

If you are in Melbourne, Genovese coffee in Brunswick does mine and sells parts. Lots cheaper than the official Little Guy people.

The Little Guy
The Little Guy   DM

They don't do it anymore, from my understanding.

Pip
Pip

Hi everyone.....can anyone tell me if there is a pressure relief valve installed in the Little Guy boiler?.....there appears to be a fitting on the side of the boiler; we cant hold pressure as we heat the machine up, water leaks .....seals look OK..Phil

The Little Guy
The Little Guy   DM
Grace

Is there another sized basket I can purchase for the portafilter to make 1 coffee for myself

KayaJinx

I bought mine on eBay, I just searched for 51mm basket single serve. I got one that didn't fit but the second one I got fit perfectly

Grace

And both were the specifications of 51mm?

KayaJinx

Yeah but one was a little small

Features:

• The Little Guy Home Barista Kit has an internal brewing system that controls pressure and temperature to extract two espresso shots and let you texture milk perfectly.
  • The boiler, group head, basket and group cup are made of stainless steel.
  • You can purchase a range of accessories to go with The Little Guy, including a naked portafilter, a tamping mat, espresso cups, a stainless steel tamper, and reusable coffee cups.
  • This machine is Australian designed.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the coffee they made with The Little Guy was excellent, with some saying that they achieved professional shots and could extract great flavours from their coffee beans.
  • They also said that the machine had an exceptional build quality, with the group head and stainless steel being likened to commercial components and quality.
  • Reviewers also loved how easy the machine was to clean.
CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines