Rancilio Silvia

• Milk Frothing
Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent coffee machine

I am completely satisfied with the coffee maker and Rocky grinder. Both machines were easily set up and simple to use. I watched a demonstration of both machines in the shop prior to purchase and duplicated the process at home. Very well made coffee machines.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$1,300.00.

Product is used Daily
GrinderRancilio Rocky SD (Doserless)
Nina

NinaVictoria

Serves well for many years

After having Seaco Esspresso machine, we purchased Silvia Rancilio. It's small Esspresso machine but it serves purpose for many years. We love our coffees and believe this machine is good quality.

Purchased in June 2009 for A$1,359.00.

Product is used Daily
GrinderRancilio Rocky SD (Doserless)
Tracy B.

Tracy B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Base Rusted out in 12 months

Purchased this machine, it made the best coffee but The base started To rust within 13 months, I had throw out after 3 years As the base was completely rusted out, I was so disappointed as the coffee was excellent

Purchased in June 2015 at New Caffe Italia for A$899.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Rancilio Silvia compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Rchis

RchisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect for a home machine

I have had this for 16 years without a problem as she produces a great coffee. a little practice is needed but worth the effort. Just recently the pump is losing pressure, any ideas where can I get a new one?

Purchased in June 2004 for A$800.00.

adamhill0

adamhill0Perth, WA

Great home espresso machine!

Really cant complain about anything with this machine.
Been a barista for 10 years, and this machines easy to use.

Get the weight and grind setting sorted and the shots run consistently, especially if you temperature surf to get the right temp each shot.
Steam pressure is great, if you follow the instructions on using the machine correctly and doing maintenance after each use/once a week it will last you a long time.

Its loud when compared to commercial machines, but quieter than your average kettle.
Great shots, silky milk (oat milk pictured), quick clean up. Absolute winner!

Purchased in November 2019.

Milk Frothing
Product is used Several times a week
GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800

MakingtideCanberra 2600, ACT

Rubbish disguised as commercial - I wish I could give zero stars

Loom is close to the boiler - burned out just after warranty, the second loom burned 18 months later. Chrome-effect peeled off the PLASTIC group-head. The boiler-gasket perished, spraying steam everywhere

Purchased in November 2013 for A$800.00.

Carlo D.

Carlo D.Southwest, VIC

One of the best products I've ever bought!

I have had this machine for around 20 years and it has been used every day. The quality of coffee produced is unbeatable as is the reliability. I had a thermostat go faulty once about 10 years ago but a quick internet search had a part ordered and the machine up and running by the next day at a total cost of less than $20! Just buy one and buy the Rocky grinder as well. A couple of the best products I've ever bought!

Purchased in August 1999.

GrinderRancilio Rocky Grinder
Aussie Consumer

Aussie ConsumerPeel, WA

All good.

It took me a little while to get the grinds in the Rocky to a point where the machine was able to show me its strengths.
Despite the alleged commercial group head and handle, when preparing two espressos, I find they do not give consistent espresso volume into each cup which I “think” is common as my last machine did the same. Maybe it’s how I’m packing the handle but the machine does produce good coffee without a doubt. For a machine that can be serviced and maintained into the future, I think the investment has come up trumps.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$1,249.00.

GrinderRancilio Rocky Doser

ChrisSydney, NSW

This is a great coffee machine

This is my second Rancilio Silva after the V1 and I have always been impressed with their quality and longevity. Commercial brass interior in a domestic package so it's a solid performer.

Purchased in June 2017 at Coffee Parts for A$700.00.

GrinderRancilio Rocky Grinder

lavenda

lavendaSydney, NSW

7 years and still going strong

This little gem produces great espresso (better with triple basket than double) and steams perfect milk. Results usually better when the machine has been preheated for at least 15 minutes. Good quality construction - had mine for 7 years and not had any problems so far (daily backflushing and monthly cleaning with a machine cleaner). Recommend for the home barista who wants to get more serious about improving the taste of their shots without spending a fortune on higher end, fancy-looking models.

Purchased in July 2012 for A$820.00.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800
Rob Boot

Rob BootMelbourne

What a coffee machine. Amazing. Superb coffee from a compact espresso machine. luv it!

Temperature always perfect.
Pours are always perfect.
Frother works a treat.
Robust: survived a trip from europe to aus in my backpack.
Easy to clean, easy to use.
Chunky and solid buttons.
Sturdy Steel construction.

Purchased in August 2014 for A$1,000.00.

bilnrobnWestern Australia

Best coffee machine at an economical price

We are VERY happy with this machine. It has outlived the previous machines we had and produces better coffee than any of them. We thoroughly recommend it. The weakness of most other similarly or lower priced units is the boiler, which has a limited life. The Ranciilio has, (going on memory here), a cast iron boiler and simply doesn't rust. When this one finally gives out (if it ever does!), we will certainly be buying the same brand next time.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Rosh

RoshCanberra

Can't live without my ‘Miss Silvia’

I have had my ‘Miss Silvia’ Generation 1 coffee machine since 2008. She’s still going strong and I’m still in love with her. She consistently produces a high quality espresso and the froth for the cappuccino takes some practice to perfect, but is smooth as silk when you get it right. She’s definitely saved me a heap of money and sure beats going to my local café for my daily hit.

Date PurchasedJan 2008
carmoda

carmodaSouth East Queensland, QLD

The most practical domestic machine.

This is a suitable machine for people making between 1 &10 coffees in a session. Easy to get spares and robust. The quality of the coffee depends on your skill or desire to learn. It is not a machine for idiots, you will need to learn how to use it. There are hundreds of good youtube videos. I have a 100% success rate now and I have not had any failures, just had to tighten the part. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Andrew

AndrewEMU CREEK

Amazing

This is a sturdy device that works perfectly so far. if you don't invest in, or already have, a good coffee grinder, you might have to work with the local grocer or starbucks to get a grind that is perfect. it is solid quality construction, and it pulls a perfect shot every single time. the steamer is much faster than my last machine and doesn't loose power after the first pitcher of foam.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

hahudson

hahudson

Very good coffee

The machine is very good. It feels more like a industrial machine. Well made. You need to make sure you refill the boiler after steaming or frothing the milk. It’s tricky to get the temp correct for the coffee would be better if it came with PID if you can get the temp correct it makes fantastic coffee

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Worst rash from BL!

Worst rash from BL!Melbourne, Victoria

The best

I worked as a barista for over 10 years and I wanted to make my quality coffees at home as well, I tried several brands like breville etc. but this is the best coffee machine I ever owned, small and powerful, never had an issue with it and works almost like a commercial grade coffee machine. Love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Sardo

SardoArncliffe

Cannot be killed, making excellent shots every day for 15 years

Date PurchasedNov 2003
Austin Darke

Austin DarkeLawitta

Get what you pay for

I refused to buy a machine with built in grinders, lights and sensors because I have learned over the years that there is no free lunch; i.e. you get what you pay for. The PID is an expensive addition, but its well worth it in my opinion. A proper espresso is all about temp & timing (also the proper grind) and the PID allows you to pinpoint the EXACT temp the machine is at within 1 degree. The PID also is programmable and it controls the extraction time in addition to a pre-infusion; which helps prevent channeling of the coffee grounds during the extraction process.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Me!

Me!Mildura

Rancillio Silvia = Very poor value

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sharonasked

Silvia

My silvia has started to splatter and spit when I try to make coffee - coffee all over the place - the steamer is fine. Any help?

Makingtide

Sound like the gasket in the group head is gone or there is stuff stuck to the gasket so it doesn't form a good seal. Be wary about using it as the boiler has a tendency to bake the electrical wiring loom brittle and if there is water spraying around and it is getting inside the unit you run a risk of electric shock. This happened with mine. I don't trust Rancilio anymore - not the quality they profess to be.
I'd get it serviced ASAP.

Sharon

Ok I will thank you very much very much appreciated

Sorry espresso machines

Rob_lam

Rob_lamasked

Silvia

I don't seem to be able to get the expresso to creme

Chris

I will try to help. Its a combination of coffee quality, grind, tampering and water temp temperature. Let's assume the quality is okay and you know how to get the right temperature on the machine. Grind the coffee to the granularity of caster sugar. Fill the basket with 15 -18 grams of coffee. Tamp it down with 30 Pounds or 12 Kilo of hand tamper pressure. Load the group handle and when the light indicator is correct. run the water pump through the coffee for around 30 seconds. If the coffee bubbles through too fast, the grind is too coarse or not enough coffee. If it struggles to drip coffee into the cup, the coffee is too fine or there is too much coffee. Experiment with coarser or finer and tamper pressure. Let me know how this goes.

Chris

This might help a little to see the result you should be aiming for.

Peter S.

Peter S.asked

Silvia V5

Where can we purchase the Silvia and Rocky grinder with tamper?
Are they sold as a set?
Any suggestions, I live in Brisbane

bilnrobn

There are plenty of Australian sources. Here is one https://www.coffeemachinespecialist.com.au/shop/rancilio-silvia-with-doserless-grinder-package/ Google to find others. You my need to buy online. Any Rancilio supplier would have them or could get them. This one is in Brisbane, but you may still need to buy online as it is through ebay. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rancilio-Silvia-V5-Espresso-Machine-Brisbane-Miss-Sylvia-Coffee-Machine-Maker-/172089351293