Breville The Oracle BES980

• Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Susan

SusanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love the ease and cleanliness

Had this since it first launched several years ago and still going strong. I love how clean and convenient it is. Warms up quickly in the morning and is accurate on all the measures (grind, temp, pressure).

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

dkhokhar

dkhokharBrisbane

Breville BES870BSS Barista Coffee Machine. Coffee making made easy at a good price

Few things surprise me in a positive way these days however this little juggernaut did just that. It provides spectacularly delicious coffee consistently as it has a built in grinder which you click once into its seating and it will provide a measure ground amount ready to place in the single/double strength cup strainer (or whatever you call it). The unit is solid and heavy and has such niceties as a little tag which raises up if the drip tray becomes overly full. Well priced and consistent in its coffee-making I would absolutely recommend this machine

Purchased in February 2020.

gregccccSydney, NSW

From an experienced user - It's Good - but you can do better with the Dual Boiler and Smart Grinder Pro

Purchased in March 2018 at David Jones Online Store for A$2,199.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville The Oracle BES980 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

SunHonmons

SunHonmonsPerth, WA

Great Machine! Fantastic White-Glove Service!!

Love The Oracle as the coffee is great and looks beautiful in our new home. I use an Oracle Touch at work and after Emily came for the White Glove Service in Perth, I was sold on great service she provided, so I purchased The Oracle BES980 to use at home.

Emily is fantastic! I have recommended The Oracle and the White Glove Service to all my family and friends.

Purchased in May 2020.

VM24

VM24Sydney, NSW

Great Machine as long as it froths

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Pace

PacePeel, WA

Love this machine!

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Ray06

Ray06Hunter Region, NSW

Your Cafe at home

The Oracle is your Cafe at home. Do some reading about the machine and customise your settings to suit your beans and you will be very happy with this machine. The integrated grinder is a bit noisy but who cares as the end result is sensational. The secret is to make sure you use freshly roasted beans. I struggle just to have two cups a day and can't wait to brew the next one. I have had my Oracle for a couple of years now and it works as good as the day I bought it. You can even schedule when it turns itself on of a morning so its heated and ready to go for when you want to use it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,830.00.

D B.

D B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A perfectly imperfect product

This machine is fantastic and was my first ‘real’ machine. It worked fabulously for two years but then things started going wrong. It was so expensive to repair and in the end was ‘retired’ at 4 years. Would I get another? Tempting but no. It’s expensive to fix and after the first 12 months you can expect things will go wrong. If breville want me back they would have to have a service product with it. Great coffee though when it worked!!!

Purchased in January 2017 for A$2,300.00.

Tim Lidcombe

Tim LidcombeSydney, NSW

The best coffee machine I have ever owned

After having three automatic coffee machines over the years (1 Krups and 2 x Delonghi's) all failed and broke down after a while, this espresso machine makes the best cafe' quality coffee and has been very reliable. A friend was very impressed with my machine but he bought the cheaper version... he now regrets not paying extra for the better machine.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Breville product

I’ve owned the Black Oracle about 3 years it’s been faultless except for the inner shower screen disintegrating and jamming the head into the machine.
But Breville sent me a replacement with out any cost. Great machine For those who want the perfect Coffee.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,350.00.

Rosemary Webster

Rosemary WebsterHunter Region, NSW

We take it on holidays as we can’t be without it...

We purchased our Oracle in 2017 with an extended warranty thrown by Harvey Norman sales rep.
We love it. We use it at least twice sometimes three times a day and it has never failed. We religiously clean the machine and back wash daily. It consistently makes great coffee especially as we use full cream real milk not cheap $1 rubbish.
We returned to an authorized repairer once because the external casing started to show corrosion and it was replaced whilst we holidayed overseas. I would happily recommend this machine, and when I have to, I’ll probably buy another similar.
We paid $2200 with free coffee , filters, and an extended warranty.

Purchased in April 2017 for A$2,200.00.

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Like a Mercedes-Benz - great when it's working

Purchased in March 2015 at Myer for A$2,000.00.

david

davidauckland

good product

very good machine, good design, black colour is beautiful, have to adjust the grinding dial at first couple times, the coffee taste just like coffee shop, very happy.
highly recommend, thanks breville.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Andrew4987

Andrew4987AU

If you like spending money at every turn, then this is the machine for you!

Purchased in February 2016 for A$2,499.00.

Elidia

ElidiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love our coffee machine!

We have had our machine for 3.5years
, it is used daily by many and consistently makes a fantastic cup of coffee, so much so I don’t like purchasing coffee when we are out!
I do prefer to manually foam milk with the machine as the automatic function does not have a great amount of froth. The machine also needed extensive repair just before it ran out of warranty as some internal parts were not working; however this was covered under warranty and it has been working perfectly since.
It’s expensive but well worth it for the great coffee it makes!

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Vish

VishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

5 years and still going strong

Highly recommended coffee machine, from the time I've got this - it's my daily driver for the morning coffee.
Consistent coffee every time. If you change the beans (start with Grind setting @30) and adjust accordingly based on the beans) to get a perfect extract.

Very easy to maintain and clean and low maintenance machine.
It takes around 2-3 min to start (warm-up)
Easy to fill water, a big water tank inbuilt and an indicator to show the level. Filter change every 3 months (you can buy a pack of 5 filters (around $25 if you shop around).
Easy to clean - just follow basic instructions on below youtube link.

Purchased in January 2015 for A$1,700.00.

Kerri Hector

Kerri HectorPerth, WA

Breville Oracle 980 BES

Emily in WA, came to give myself and husband a white glove demonstration of our coffee machine. Emily was amazing, friendly, kind and patient, she explained everything to us and more, it was well worth the experience and purchase, we cannot sing Emilys praise enough as she showed us how to make quality coffee, in the comfort of our own home. Thank you Breville and a big thank you to Emily, thank you.

Purchased in December 2019 at Snooze WA, O'Connor for A$1,990.00.

Good machine

The machine has generally operated well but after 2.5 years it constantly required repairs. Luckily the authorised repairer was decent and would provide warranty on his repairs. The lifespan of the product needs to be increased so that it doesn’t start breaking down after the warranty period!

Purchased in March 2015 at David Jones for A$2,000.00.

Craig R

Craig RPerth, WA

Best thing I have ever bought

I've had all sorts of coffee machines, including high end, fully manual Italian ones, without a doubt the Oracle is the best one I have ever had, with the in house, white glove service, I was full bottle on the way to use it and look after it, the dedicated Oracle phone line is another bonus

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,940.00.

Jessica W.

Jessica W.

Great but complex

This machine makes a great cup of coffee however it can be a bit complex. Thoroughly reading the instruction manual helps. The machine also goes through coffee quite fast however I love that It has a contained grinder and tamping mechanism so I dont have to clean up any of that bean dust that seems to get everywhere with other machines. This feature alone makes the appliance unbeatable

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,995.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is used Several times a week