Get what you pay for

Our Breville Oracle is the beating heart of our kitchen! Great machine great coffee
(if you buy fresh roasted beans)
Only criticism is the service costs! Brace yourself come service time! $$$$$
And don’t assume at service time they will replace all the O rings! Yes we paid for a service and had an O ring let go with in 6 months of service and were told they don’t replace anything unless it’s broken!??
Our leaking O ring caused our power safety switch to trip out daily until we fixed the machine?
Breville could do a lot better with the after sale side of business!

Purchased in January 2016 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Great coffee machine

I did a lot of research on a number of brands and machines before settling on this one and I couldn't be happier. It certainly is cafe quality, if not better. I've been told I'm pretty fussy about my coffee, but this machine consistently produces a great brew with the touch of a few buttons. If you live in Perth like me, make sure you book in the White Glove demo by Emily, she is very professional, friendly and has good tips on getting the most out of the machine to produce the coffee you and your friends like, as well as cleaning and maintenance.

Purchased in February 2019.

Product is used: Daily

The best coffee machine on the market.

The quality of the coffee brewed can be adjusted to one’s palette with the variable grind control and brewing time.
Consistency in the quality of coffee being brewed can be controlled daily pending on the age of the beans.
The adjustable temperature control is terrific.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $2,880.00.

Good Coffee Maker

Now I can't say that I am an expert with coffee machines and I fine my self regularly looking at the manual but this is a great coffee machine. It is consistently good and the build quality of it is great. Only issue I face is cleaning it.

Purchased in November 2018.

Got 12 months, now broken down

The machine produces beautiful coffee, the machine is very consistent, with the veraible temperature
you can have whatever temperature you like. The problem we have had when grinding in to the portafilter, it kept grinding filling the coffee shute above the tamper, and not shutting off.
We contacted Harvey/Norman and Breville arranged to pick up the machine. They replaced the Tamper Gearbox & Assembly + new Tamper Fan. All Steam Boiler pipes & probe seals. Took 3 weeks to get back, All working perfectly, Thanks Breville.

Purchased in December 2017 for $2,599.00.

Milk Frothing

Great, but disappointed as its aging

Was overjoyed with the Oracle when it was new. Then over time ( even with thorough and regular cleaning/care) have had to replace frother unit/ thermo which is complete unit and expensive job. Now leaking from around group head.

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Excellent UNTIL , its not all good :

We love this coffee machine so much we have purchased it for the 2nd time in 5 years.
Makes the best, just like barista made , Have had professional barista use at home and loved it.
This all good until its 18mths old , just short of 2 yr guarantee, then the error messages start.
From the beginning:
5yrs ago purchased previous model BES900 ( separate grinder model) perfect until 18mths old, it went for repair for boiler problem( that took 1 mth waiting for repair) it lasted 6 mths then failed again, Contacted Breville sorry no longer covered by Warranty,
So decided to give the BES900 to friend that fixes things, for them to keep.
Went out to purchase the current Machine BES980 and loved the grinder builtin feature, this time purchased 48mth product care in case of problems.
Dear reader, yes 18mths fail.
Now problem is getting it fixed , there is serious waiting problem with the repair company for Breville in Melbourne, they so busy.

Purchased in May 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,300.00.

Product is used: Daily
I have just been reading other reviews on Oracle, Yes i can confirm , fantastic machine & coffee for up to 18mths of service, its after that the problems start. my advice is Extended Warranty but , the speed of service is problem. Breville i want to remain a loyal fan, but you have to show us you care ?

Amazing experience so far!

We are very satisfied with the recent purchase of "The Oracle Touch". It's been an amazing experience so far.
Extremely happy with the service provided by Breville's customer care service. An extremely knowledgeable professional "Tanya" walked into our home and shared her wealth of knowledge and experience regarding Coffee beans, Brewing and the machine itself. We were glad to book in this appointment which was so useful.
Thank you, Tanya, for your excellent presentation regarding the machine in such a clear and simple language.

- Summit & Prativa

Purchased in January 2019.

Love this coffee machine

So easy to use , so easy to clean ! And makes a great cupa every time ! We’ve used all sorts of coffee beans in it and always makes great coffee ! Very happy

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,600.00.

Breville Oracle

This machine is so easy to clean and operate,makes great coffee from lattes to short blacks,digital display makes it easy to follow when cleaning or making coffee ,has manual or automatic milk frothing.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,100.00.

Product is used: Daily

Great coffee every time and don’t need to be a barista

We have had the Breville Oracle for a over 6 months now. It makes great coffee every time and the traditional method a trained barista would use. It isn’t an automatic machine or semi automatic. But does automate the stuff most people get wrong, milk froathing, taping the coffee grinds and has many advance features on more expensive machines. It is expensive but worth it if like you a good coffee and don’t plan to become a barista. It is far easier to keep clean than automatic coffee machines that suck up stuff into their bodies, simply cause traditional and coffee grinds are external and not drawn into the machine.

We did have one problem the grinder dial did not show the grind value. But a single phone call to Breville who agreed to replace it with a brand new appliance. We just had to take it back to Bing Lee and swap. The new machine has been fine since and had no problems.

It is a great machine if you have guests stay, one demo and they will be set making a coffee. We were married last year and with all the wedding guests using it I was sure it would be broken but held up very well.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the Breville coffee machines. There are cheaper Breville models less automatic but if you can stretch the budget to the Oracle it is well worth getting it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Love this coffee machine!

I love this coffee machine! I've gone from buying 2 takeaway coffees a day to making them at home. It's so quick and easy, but most importantly the coffee is just as good as a cafe one - better if you invest in really good quality freshly roasted beans (not supermarket beans!) I cant fault this coffee machine, it heats up really quickly, and has all the bells and whistles you could ever need. It looks great (I've got the black sesame model) and it's quick and painless making a coffee for a few people since you can steam milk and extract coffee simultaneously. The built in coffee grinder and tamper save time, and it's just so easy! Highly recommend this coffee machine.

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Poor build quality - Two major repairs in 4 years when only brewing 3 extractions a day.

Machine broke down twice now in 4 years in what I consider light use. About 2-3 cups extractions a day.
After 3 years use the solenoid stopped working after making lot of noise for couple of months. I had the machine repaired. They also found 4 faulty O-rings (at group head, at milk wand, and somewhere internal). The failing O-rings is likely the reason for the extraction became worse in time.
Unfortunately a couple of months later it had to go back to the repairer as the main coffee pump failed. The pump and coffee safety valve needed replacement.
I hope to have machine back this week... and won't break down again.

Obviously this +2000$ machine is not made to last.
I have to mark it a 1star overall as you can't give it points for good coffee if it is unreliable poor build quality.

Purchased in February 2015 for $2,000.00.

Coffee Addict

This is an amazing full service machine. Barista quality coffee at home. So easy to use and clean. I live the look and functionality and recommended to any coffee snob like me to buy one over any other machine.

Purchased in July 2017 at David Jones Retail Stores for $799.00.

Product is used: Daily

Fantastic product that delivers on promises

I have been using this machine for over two years now and it hasn't missed a beat. Makes better than cafe quality coffee in minutes. it is very easy to clean up after use and maintain. Excellent support offered by Breville including a free in-home setup service. You can make all the the different style so coffe you could ever want and don't need barista training to get you there!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Extremely good home coffee machine

We bought this from Harvey Norman in March 2017, so we've now had it for almost two years. It has never faltered. We took the opportunity of the White Glove Service and are glad that we did, it gave us more information about how to get the best out of our machine.

The machine tells you when it needs cleaning, and it is good to use this time as a chance to clean out the grinder and frother too. If your milk wand is not cleaned each time, it will cake up and not perform as expected. Keep the machine working at its best by cleaning it regularly.

We are very happy with this machine and don't feel as though the next level of touch screen is needed. It works consistently well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great Machine, Great Coffee

I've owned this machine for over a month and I have no complaints. It delivers multiple cafe quality coffees everyday with little effort, and cleaning is straight forward. I highly recommend to anybody with one of these machines uses the complimentary white glove service Breville offers, Emily in WA showed us how to get the most out of the machine and she made the best coffee I've tasted from the Oracle so far. I highly recommend this machine to anybody looking for great coffee in the home.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Finally a coffee machine that does the job perfectly!

My husband and I purchased this machine from Harvey Norman. We have been enjoying our coffee everyday, perfect temperature and a good caramel cream from a great auto tamper. We had the lovely Emily from White Glove service in WA come to our home and demonstrate great tips for both coffee making and up keep of cleanliness to ensure we get that perfect coffee everytime. I reccomend anyone who purchases this machine to book for the White Glove service. It's both complimentary and beneficial.

What a Christmas present

Two great things occurred. My wife bought me a Christmas present of a wonderful coffee machine and Emily from the White Glove Service gave us a very clear and enthusiastic presentation on the use and care of the machine. We now make the best coffee and I couldn't be happier. I like the more hands on method of the 980 as against the one touch method of the 990, I feel it gives me more control and involvement in the ultimate taste of the coffee. But that is a personal preference.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cafe quality coffee at home that lives up to the hype

My wife and I purchased the oracle a couple of months ago and had been pleased with the coffee machines performance so far. There were lots of different settings for the grind control, temperature, milk temp/texture and many others that we had left at the factory default settings. The coffee was quite good and still a lot better than our previous delonghi machine.

Yesterday we experienced the Breville white glove service and had Ryan visit us in home for a demonstration on all facets of coffee making, cleaning/maintenance and customising the settings.
After an hour or two with Ryan my wife and I are now making much superior cups of coffee, with the taste and texture miles above what we were making when we hadn’t explored and understood the different settings.

Ryan was a pleasure to have and was quite knowledgeable and didn’t mind having an audience, with some of my close family with similar Breville machines joining us. He left us some great coffee beans and was happy to answer any questions we have. I think this service takes my rating from a 4 star to a 5 star.

Date PurchasedNov 2018