Perfect Machine

We bought our Breville Oracle during the promotion period in August but our Pablo coffee beans ran out within the first two weeks of the teething period. Wish we had been supplied more.

Purchased in August 2019.

Product is used: Several times a week

When it works, it's great. Sadly, it regularly doesn't work.

We bought the Oracle in Dec 17. Within the first 10 months the steam wand stopped working and it took over 2 weeks to be fixed. Then within another 12 months, the replaced steam wand also stopped working. I'm up for another repair period without my machine. No prizes for guessing how long the second steam wand will work after the warranty period lapses. Further, it has needed a couple of items replaced due to wear and the postage is approx $15, regardless if the item is only $0.99. This all in less than 24 months on a machine that cost me $2,200. I would not buy this again or let anyone I care about buy this machine. Yes, it does make a very nice coffee when it works. And yes the customer service staff have been trained to tell you to suck eggs in a very nice way. However these two are things are a nice to have - after you know that such an expensive purchase will work as intended for a reasonable amount of time. Grr.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,200.00.

Product is used: Daily

White Glove Service makes this Coffee machine worth every cent!

I am so happy with my Breville Oracle. Last year I researched options for my mum who lives in the country and we ended up purchasing one of these Breville oracles for her. She has been really happy with her machine and I have really enjoyed her coffees whenever I visited so I felt like I had well and truly tested it out before purchasing one myself. I bought my own 2 months ago, but I did have a few issues initially setting it up and working out the right grind size for my coffee beans. I called the Breville Oracle support line and they said I was eligible for the white glove service. Basically a free service for new owners, where someone comes out to visit, Shows you how to set up your machine properly and how to keep it clean and running efficiently. Emily was wonderful and went the extra mile helping me work out the right grind size for my favorite brand of coffee beans. She also came back a month later to do the same white glove service for my mum and her machine as she never had it when she initially bought hers. I am so grateful for Emily's help and am enjoying a beautiful coffee from my Oracle every day :-) .

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,700.00.

Product is used: Daily

Great upgrade, perfect coffee each time.

I’m based in Perth WA. Firstly I’ve just had the pleasure of having a white glove service at my house. The very pleasant and informative Emily helped me through my machines operations and made me an awesome coffee. This device was second to none and made buying the machine worth it.

I previously owned a Breville express machine which I had for just over 2 years, I wanted an upgrade to something with dual boiler and a little more auto.

I’ve had the oracle for 6 weeks and it’s been a pleasure to have. It makes consistently great coffee and the best milk.

I would buy another ( if I had the money) again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,950.00.

Great coffee machine

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this coffee machine. I use it almost everyday and it is easy to operate. Especially the auto grind/tamp function and the ability to simultaneously perform extraction and milk frothing , it saves me a lot of trouble/time compare to other coffee machines. The coffee it makes is at the right temperature as well. However, I've found inconsistency with the espresso extraction. Using the same coffee beans with the same grinding size/level, the amount of espresso extraction can be very different. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's over-extracted. Other than this, it is a very good coffee machine for the family.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,934.00.

Product is used: Daily

Perfect start to the morning

Purchased this machine several months ago and love it. So easy to use and never fails me. My morning cup is consistently good producing good crema and at just right temperature. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800

Great Coffee easy

Bought this machine a few months ago having upgraded from a Nespresso Pod machine. cannot believe how easy it is to use. love the coffee after having experimented with a few different brands of beans. simple to clean. only issue so far has been the occasional spontaneous switch off of the machine in the middle of making coffee. has been checked by a repairer who was unable to duplicate issue

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,876.00.

Product is used: Daily

Cappucinos at home any time you want one.

Love this little machine. It makes the best cappucinos!! We use it everyday. The coffee comes out perfect everytime, not too hot and taste fabulous. We even take it on holidays with as we can not live without great coffee.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $399.00.

Product is used: Daily

Barista style coffee in your own home.

This is a great little machine. We have coffee every morning now we have this machine. We even take it away when we go on holidays as it is portable and we can not live with out our coffee.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $499.00.

Product is used: Daily

Great Barista style coffee at home.

Great coffee made from your choice of beans. It grinds, tamps, and brews... and let’s you texture the milk to suit your preference and most important it’s easy to use.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $3,100.00.

Product is used: Daily

This is a follow-up review to my original comments on this coffee machine.

My 'Oracle' is now a bit over twelve months old, 23/04/2018, and is still producing excellent and consistent brews. I have noted the several adverse reviews on this machine and I also note that they are mostly talking about machines older than mine, so... so far, so good.

There are so many adjustments and tweaks available on this machine that I find I can alter just about every setting I could possibly need. From the level of grind required for some different beans, to the temperatures of coffee shots and stretched milk; the duration of shots can be set individually for one or two cups and the amount of air introduced to the milk for frothing is set separately to the temperature.

My views on the excellence of the overall industrial design of the machine still stand. This is a very attractive outer casing with some very thoughtful features that only become apparent in use. A pretty outer skin with some solid design inside. Routine maintenance and cleaning is simple and usually involves little more than a wipe-down with a damp cloth. Anything more complicated is guided by the machine itself!

Overall my thoughts on the Oracle are still very positive and I am delighted to be drinking excellent coffee at home that comes close to the brews produced by the giant wurlitzers and their attendant baristas in the cafés.

Purchased in April 2018.

Product is used: Daily
I do NOT work for Breville. I am a retired photographer and coffee drinker.

Wouldn't buy this coffee machine

Breville coffee machine has a flaw that becomes obvious ONLY when you start using it. This machine cost me $3000 from Harvey Norman. The plastic filter above the coffee dispenser is poorly made out of plastic. I had this coffee machine for 6 months and this plastic filter cracked due to heat and pressure. It cost $15 to replace. About 8 months after that it happened again. So if you are willing to pay $15 for the hassle of replacing this defective part every 6-8 months fine. Well I was extremely upset that this is not under warranty. This part is deemed a consumable. I went to Breville dealer in 17 Penhurst Street to buy this part and I noticed that it had a hairline cracked already on this new plastic filter. Very, very poor product and service. Best thing is to stay away from this brand. BREVILLE.

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

After two years needing to spend $600 on repairs

Makes a good coffee. We use it at work (only 3 people), we make three coffees a day. After two years it started to give some error messages. Called Breville and they recommended for us to bring the machine to ExpressoFix. They quoted us $460 for repairs. As the machine is out of warranty Breville refused to assist with getting the machine fixed (out of warranty after 3 MONTHS, because it's used at work and not at home). Breville did not once acknowledge that this shouldn't have happened, they basically just said that it is to be expected/normal wear and tear as a result of normal usage. I believe that's poor service for a machine that's only 2 years old and we follow all recommended maintenance. So, out of warranty, so good luck to you!!! Thanks Breville

Purchased in July 2017 for $2,700.00.

Require a flathead?

This is the perfect machine to create the ultimate flathead or warren coffee. I wouldn't look anywhere else. Any other brews you make are also sensational, this machine can not be beated

Purchased in February 2018.

Product is used: Daily

Such good value for money

My daily job is a barista so I have high expectations in coffee and what I can get out of my coffee machine

This machine is perfect for me it has a hopper to put the beans in which it then grinds - you can change the grind to make it course or fine to get the best extraction out of it

The machine has the option to steam the milk for you which it does a good job or if you’re like me and prefer creamy silky milk you do it yourself

Easy to clean love it to bits

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,500.00.

Issue within 2 weeks of purchase

I purchased this on 26Mar2019 and the machine came up with messages “Service, Change Filter and Descale” on 14Apr2019. Reset the machine and the messages came back on 1May2019. Reset the machine again with filter changed and the messages came back on 24May2019. I ended up doing the whole procedure of descale and changed the filter. But after all those procedures, the messages came back on 25May2019. Again reset the machine, but the messages came back on 10Jun2019. I called club oracle on 12Jun2019 and the operator just asked me to unplug the machine and reset it. I told the operator that I did it and it didn’t work, but the operator just asked me to keep monitoring it. Well I was right, the messages came back on 23Jun2019. I called club oracle again on 24Jun2019 to update the issue, the operator asked me to send it for repair. Well now they left me without coffee machine for unknow time frame. I was going to buy DeLonghi Primadonna Elite, but on that day the lady from from Breville convinced me to buy Breville The Oracle Coffee Machine. She told me it is better quality and cheaper than DeLonghi Primadonna Elite. Maybe just better in price, not quality. I just wasted $2000 for Breville The Oracle Coffee Machine. Breville should replace my coffee machine instead of fixing it because the issue started in 2 weeks of purchased. Not Happy at all. So please do your own research before buying coffee machine, so you don’t have to be fooled by Breville Sales Guys.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Two brand new units. Neither heat past 70 degrees

Brand new units setup per manual instructions. Neither heat past 70C. Myer were great and swapped but Breville aren’t available weekends. Tried turning off many times without success as others have suggested. Have reset the unit as well.

I can’t see what I’m missing. Any advice before I return it and go back to my previous brand?

Purchased in June 2019.

Were you by chance filling the water tanks with demineralized water such as distilled or reverse osmosis? This is advised against by the instructions for a few reasons and may cause what you describe.No - general tap water which tested at level 2.And no flashing lights on the unit which might indicate it was attempting to heat, for example, if the steam wand was in a slightly active position, preventing it from reaching final temperature?

Faultless machine

I have owned my Oracle for about 18 months now. I can't express (get the pun) how great this machine is. I normally use the same bean blend from the same supplier. With the grind setting I have set it on it produces a perfect extraction with a massive crema. The milk frother also does a great job. It is easy to clean the machine. Because it is virtually automatic, once you have set it up to make a cup you can walk away and come back when it's done it's job.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Product is used: Daily

Look forward to coffee every morning

Very happy with this coffee machine. It's so easy to use and makes wonderful cappuccinos. It's very helpful to be able to adjust the temperature and the frothiness of the milk. Our friends and family members can't get enough when they visit. Highly recommend!

Purchased in May 2018.

coffee addict

my Breville oracle is amazing the quality of machine is second to none , it performs exactly the same time after time , the cappuccinos,mocha,hot chocolates I pump out are incredible.
the coffee is always brewed at the perfect temperature , I would recommend this machine to everyone

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $2,995.00.