Loving this dishwasher!

Our last three dishwashers were all the same brand, but this time we switched to ASKO. It was highly recommended by my Mum and a friend who have each had theirs over 15 year. I was looking for something that would last and was water saving. This dishwasher is everything they advertise it to be!

Purchased in August 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,399.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Waste of money

Absolutely terrible. Would not recommend, been mucked around with warranty, did not receive replacement. Dishwasher was "fixed", still does not dissolve powder or heat up. Leaves dishes dirty and slimey.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,400.00.

Mostly wonderful

We love our Asko Dishwasher, it's easy to configure the bottom tray and the different programs for temperature and drying time. It washes perfectly and the drying time, once lengthened, is good for most things except a lot of plastic on the top. Sometimes it ends early if we open the door to put extra items in.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Simply the best brand dishwasher!

I've always wanted to rate this dishwasher brand. Finally got the chance to do it. Talking about the features, controls, performance. It runs well. Although I still scrape and rinse a bit of the dishes before I put in. It is perfectly clean. It is my forever best friend in the kitchen. The only brand I buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Worst dishwasher I've ever had!!

The control board died 5 times after I used this dishwasher. Only 5 times! This is the worst dishwasher I've ever had but actually the most expensive one. The previous one I bought for $500 lasted for 5 years never had any problem and it was much quieter. This ASKO one cost me $1600, it makes terrible noises, dishes couldn't be cleaned enough and now it's dead. Trust me, if the sales men recon this machine to you, ask them to [Word Removed] off!

Stay away from ASKO!!

We bought this dishwasher on the same day as our old one died so we wouldn't be without one for more than a day. From day 1 we were experiencing the dishwasher resetting randomly - no error code, just stopping the cycle, beeping, and resetting back to showing the full amount of time remaining. We couldn't figure out why until I went to use the microwave a few days later and the dishwasher reset again. After doing some googling, we found other reviews which stated Panasonic microwaves interfere with ASKO dishwashers... bingo. We called ASKO who sent a tech out which took about a week, only for him to tell us it's a known problem to ASKO and that solar panels, air conditioners and microwaves interfere with the control board of these models of dishwashers (with round controls). Not only that, but they actually corrupt it so even if it only happens once, the dishwasher will NEVER work properly again. Great. ASKO were supposed to call us to talk about our options (refund, or pay to upgrade to the next model) which never happened, it took multiple calls to finally talk to someone who said there was no record of a tech coming to our house, that we were liars and he hung up on us. 3 weeks and counting with no working dishwasher, and the WORST customer service ever experienced. I am glad that at least it happened straight away and not just outside of the warranty period. Why are ASKO happy to continue selling dishwashers that stop working if you have normal household appliances?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Just out of Warranty. Control board died!

Dishwasher is 3 months out of warranty (just over 2 years old) and the control board is malfunctioning. It had one warranty repair within 6 months of purchase but that was unrelated. I will be contacting Consumer Protection because it is a major fault and you would expect more than two years out of a dishwasher. Parts and labour will probably come to about $600. I spoke to Asko on the phone but they did not offer to fix the problem for free. I would expect more from a $1399 machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Love my dishwasher

Cleans dishes really well, sometimes have to open door a bit to get them to dry but not always. Really quiet. I have the extra heat option so that means it takes a bit longer but that’s fine. Arms are metal not plastic, which is better than most other brands. Has a handy knife drawer. I really love my dishwasher. Third Asko machine, they have all been good.
Pros
Metal arms
Easy to clean filters
Can move the spindles down for large pots
Knife drawer
Big compartment for rinse aid.. no need to refill very often takes a whole bottle
Cons
Cycle takes long time with extra drying option

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Disappointing

The salesperson sold this dishwasher saying that it is the only dishwasher that dries plastics. Wrong! It does not dry plastics properly. The machine has a 2.45 hour ECO cycle - not certain whether the electricity being used for 2.45 hours could be considered ECO!!! The start switch is also very temperamental. I cannot switch it on 99% of the time so have to wait until it decides to work. A very expensive machine with poor results. On the plus side, it does wash clean but we rinse all dishes prior to dishwashing so a less expensive machine would probably do the same. Very disappointed and frustrated ASKO.

Swedish, well built dishwasher

I deliberately bought this Asko white dishwasher to match the white cupboards. The dishwasher has a nice flat white frontage, not cheap looking like other brands. It is a built-in model, not freestanding, so looks like it is meant to be there. Inside you’ll find high quality components and a deep top tray that ensures bowls don’t scrape across the top. The door opens smoothly and is not heavy to handle like other brands. It just glides open beautifully. Every wash Is great, but like others have said, the cycles are really long - even the Eco wash. The machine is relatively quiet. Asko is not a cheap Dishwasher, but you pay for quality. I recommend this dishwasher despite the long cycles. Depending on your point of view, long cycles mean better washes.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great product

We have used it once or twice a day for 2-3 years without Any problems. As lots of users mentioned, very quiet. Drainage is good and dishes come out very clean in most times. Design is flat and stylish. Stainless always looks better. I don't have any other Asko product, but happy to try other stuff too.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Quiet, Quiet, Quiet.

Excellent Swedish quality. Matches all their product range. Very quiet machine. Stainless steel. Good place settings and will accept all our cutlery and crockery with plenty of room. The machine is inbuilt and is very quiet which is the reason we bought it. It’s wuiet function is an advertised option and it is true. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Neat looking and effective

This dishwasher cleans and dries the dishes very effectively, with he exception of a few droplets of water left in deeper pots at the end of the cycle. Dishes come out free from smears. It is not loud but not particularly quiet either - kind of in the middle. I love how sleek and neat it looks with the flat front. One annoying thing is how long the cycle takes - three hours is pretty long.

Perfect and quiet

Loving the dishwasher so far. Very quiet and efficient. a large variety of settings. Dishes always come out clean and dry.

It has a cutlery basket which is great but also a large knife drawer.

the Asko installation was very professional and neat. They even showed me how to use the settings to get me started.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Fantastic dishwasher

I love how well this machine cleans and dries the dishes. Several cycles to select from. The pots and really dirty dishes cycle takes a while but does a brilliant job. It's a quiet machine and i really love the extra dryer feature it comes with. Highly recommend this Asko dishwasher.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good dishwasher

Good quality dishwasher. Purchased this to replace our old Asko and I can see the subtle changes in this newer model. Buttons are sensitive but otherwise very happy with purchase. Unable to negiogiate price as we were told Asko control this. Asko also control the delivery and installation of the dishwasher as well as removal of the old one.

Exactly what I researched it to be. Perfect

I read this dishwasher was super quiet. It is exceptionally quiet. I don’t even notice it’s on. I also read it’s parts were strong and European made not like some that are flimsy. I opened a few brands in the store including Askos other models. This was exactly that, very strong and the durable and the compartments perfect. Very deep at the top so big pots can go in . Dishes come out sparkling clean and dry. The white blends perfectly with my cabinetry . I got the fitted option not freestanding . I must have spent hours researching Asko versus Miele . Love it. Great purchase .

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Overall very happy - just a couple of little things

OK - so I really do love my ASKO dishwasher and it is only a few little things which stop me giving it 5 stars.
I would recommend it, and I would buy another.

The Good:

1. It is pretty quiet

2. It actually dries my plastics for the most part!! The old Bosch never came close.

3. It fits large wine glasses in nicely and I think it is designed well to accommodate most types of household
dishes. Glasses come out nice and dry.

4. I can stack plates in every slot and it still cleans (with my old Bosch I had to leave a gap between plates to let
them get washed properly)

5. It has a cutlery basket - not a tray. Because my dishwasher is in the butlers pantry, it is important I have a
basket I can just carry out into the kitchen and put the cutlery away.

6. I haven't had to use the 'pot wash' cycle yet. I give my pots a rinse and put them in the normal "ECO" cycle and they clean up well. I once put a very dirty pot (unrinsed with dried up left over fettuccine in it) on the normal cycle - It did not come out perfect, but it was 99% clean. It just had a few pin size spots on the bottom that needed cleaning off.

The Bad.

1. The little pull out knife rack is pretty useless. It doesn't clean unless you have actually washed the knife before
putting it in there. I am not so worried about this as we aren't 'supposed' to put knifes in the dishwasher
anyway. There are some little slots up near where the glasses go which you can put 2 or 3 knifes in - these
perform better than the knife tray if I do not have too many glasses. I think I would rather these little slots also
be put down the middle of the top rack rather than where the glasses go.

2. The height of the top rack is not adjustable - I actually do NOT find this a problem as I have found the design of
the dishwasher really good for all my needs - just thought I would note it here as that may be an issue for some
people.

3. Long cycles - the ECO wash I use takes a couple of hours. Because it is quite quiet, I just put it on at night so it isn't a big issue for me.

4. Cutlery basket - it will clean most cutlery ok, but if you have a knife or fork that has something tough and dried on it, it will not always get this off. I have not yet seen a dishwasher that does, so I think this is just a fact of life rather than a design flaw on the part of Asko.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

ALWAYS A SPARKLING CLEAN FINISH

I have used ASKO dishwashers for approximately the last ten years, we have just finished building and I insisted that we have the XXL Stainless Steel ASKO Dishwasher installed. The machine is quiet, efficient, good looking and fabulous. I would recommend ASKO to anyone looking for quality kitchen fittings that will give you peace of mind.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Top Marks To Asko

This really is a better than average dishwasher, we are very happy with it.
After putting up with various different dishwashers of varying qualities over the years it is very nice to finally have one that ticks all the boxes.
Quiet,efficient, cleans well. There isn't much more you can ask for is there? Oh I forgot it also looks extremely smart in the kitchen.
Its rare to have absolutely no complaint but that is the case with this. Excellent dishwasher.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Hi. I purchased the this dishwasher in 2016. It was working fine u text you later recently until it showed the F11 error code. I cleaned the filter, emptied any excess water and pulled then yellow plastic thing and placed it right back in. I turned on, and it worked. A few days later, F11 showed again. Did the same process but this time, the cycle would start, but stop half way through with F11. I followed the same process. I waited about 1 week and turned it on again, and same thing. It seems that the water is not pumping up. It’s so frustrating as it’s only been 3 years since the purchase and we are out of warranty. Is there anything else we can do before spending money on the plumber? Thanks.

Good morning, I went to clean the fine filter this morning and there was water sitting in the tub under it. Can you please advise what I should do? It is about 4 mths old. Thanks
Hi Cath, I cant see if you had a repy to this. It is great to hear you are taking care of your investment. Water in the sump is quite normal. All brands of dishwasher will have water left under the filter grate after the final rinse. So dont worry about it. If you are wondering how I can be so sure of this. I have been an account manager for Asko, Miele and F&P. I have worked in appliance retail for nearly 20 years. I hope this reassures you.

Hello Asko. I want to buy a new dishwasher. I own a D3120 and have had it 14yrs. Can you compare the difference between the D5436 and the D5456 for me please. They both seem similar in function and price. Which model is the most recent? Thank you
Don't do it. We made the same mistake. The new asko's are terrible. We just got burned on a circuit board and now they won't even repair it.Yes asko are rubbish quality selling at top end price not like old asko all rubbish todayHi, I’m looking at this Asko or a Miele? Is the Asko all bad nowadays?

D5436SS (Stainless Steel)D5436WH (White)D5436SSXXL (XXL Stainless Steel)D5436XLS
Price (RRP) $1,699$1,499$1,799
FeaturesCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks and Height-Adjustable Upper Rack
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Water Consumption12.7 L/wash12.7 L/wash12.7 L/wash12.7 L/wash
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption275 kWh per year275 kWh per year275 kWh per year275 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level46 db46 db46 db46 db
Number of Programs6666
Number of Place Settings 14141414
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelWhiteStainless Steel
Dimensions 820 x 596 x 559 mm820 x 596 x 559 mm860 x 596 x 559 mm
Height Adjustment 52 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Similar listings