Asko D5436SS (Stainless Steel)

Asko D5436SS (Stainless Steel)

MPN: 35903211

Loving this dishwasher!

Our last three dishwashers were all the same brand, but this time we switched to ASKO. It was highly recommended by my Mum and a friend who have each had theirs over 15 year. I was looking for something that would last and was water saving. This dishwasher is everything they advertise it to be!

Purchased in August 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,399.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Waste of money

Absolutely terrible. Would not recommend, been mucked around with warranty, did not receive replacement. Dishwasher was "fixed", still does not dissolve powder or heat up. Leaves dishes dirty and slimey.

Purchased in December 2018 for $1,400.00.

Mostly wonderful

We love our Asko Dishwasher, it's easy to configure the bottom tray and the different programs for temperature and drying time. It washes perfectly and the drying time, once lengthened, is good for most things except a lot of plastic on the top. Sometimes it ends early if we open the door to put extra items in.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Stay away from ASKO!!

We bought this dishwasher on the same day as our old one died so we wouldn't be without one for more than a day. From day 1 we were experiencing the dishwasher resetting randomly - no error code, just stopping the cycle, beeping, and resetting back to showing the full amount of time remaining. We couldn't figure out why until I went to use the microwave a few days later and the dishwasher reset again. After doing some googling, we found other reviews which stated Panasonic microwaves interfere with ASKO dishwashers... bingo. We called ASKO who sent a tech out which took about a week, only for him to tell us it's a known problem to ASKO and that solar panels, air conditioners and microwaves interfere with the control board of these models of dishwashers (with round controls). Not only that, but they actually corrupt it so even if it only happens once, the dishwasher will NEVER work properly again. Great. ASKO were supposed to call us to talk about our options (refund, or pay to upgrade to the next model) which never happened, it took multiple calls to finally talk to someone who said there was no record of a tech coming to our house, that we were liars and he hung up on us. 3 weeks and counting with no working dishwasher, and the WORST customer service ever experienced. I am glad that at least it happened straight away and not just outside of the warranty period. Why are ASKO happy to continue selling dishwashers that stop working if you have normal household appliances?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great product

We have used it once or twice a day for 2-3 years without Any problems. As lots of users mentioned, very quiet. Drainage is good and dishes come out very clean in most times. Design is flat and stylish. Stainless always looks better. I don't have any other Asko product, but happy to try other stuff too.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Perfect and quiet

Loving the dishwasher so far. Very quiet and efficient. a large variety of settings. Dishes always come out clean and dry.

It has a cutlery basket which is great but also a large knife drawer.

the Asko installation was very professional and neat. They even showed me how to use the settings to get me started.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Top Marks To Asko

This really is a better than average dishwasher, we are very happy with it.
After putting up with various different dishwashers of varying qualities over the years it is very nice to finally have one that ticks all the boxes.
Quiet,efficient, cleans well. There isn't much more you can ask for is there? Oh I forgot it also looks extremely smart in the kitchen.
Its rare to have absolutely no complaint but that is the case with this. Excellent dishwasher.

Very quiet machine

Cleans very well and runs super quiet. I normally use the Eco mode and find that it cleans sufficiently, it can handle cleaning stuck/burnt cheese from oven dishes. Looks very modern from the outside and fits in well with my newly renovated kitchen. Been very happy with it so far.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The days of doing dishes are long gone

Nice stainless steel finish. Came with bonus Quantum Dishwashing Tablets. Multiple modes with varying times for different loads. Also has a Turbo Drying Feature. Perfect size for a family of three. It gets used once every two days or so. Also has a 6 min rinse feature for in between days when you want to just give it a quick spritz if you are worried about the food on the plates drying out. I always give mine a quick rinse in the sink before placing it inside.

Cleans well

It takes a while to finish a cycle of around 1 and a half hours but the dishes have always come out clean. There are plenty of wash options for all situations from quick wash, normal wash and heavy wash and can also choose the water temperature for each option. It seems to be very water efficient also.

Can’t live without it

Asko dishwasher is the best invention ever never had problems with it cleans the dishes all the time no need to do anything by hand the only thing that I would love if it was free standing because I don’t have room in my kitchen to put it I have it in the dining area

Date PurchasedApr 2017

This is most important appliance of our home.

Dose very tidy job clean like commercial dishwasher. Efficient on water usage. Very quite More than enough cycles to choose, I personally like ECO mode. I would purchase again. The only issue is it does take so long to go through a wash cycle. I would give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Very quiet but has issues

Great machine. So quiet to run and very efficient. A lot of wash cycles to choose from including and ECO mode. I would purchase again. The only issue is it does take so long to go through a wash cycle. Even the ECo mode is a long cycle. If they had a short cycle I would give it 5 stars.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent Dishwasher

I have moved quite a bit and had the good fortune to own several ASKO dishwashers over the years, I have consistently found them to be excellent. The house I now own had a kleenmaid dishwasher which never washed as well as I would have liked and I was willing it to break down, which it did in 2017 so i replaced it with an ASKO. The things that i like about ASKO and this model is that it washes everything exceptionally well AND it drys everything properly. Some dishwashers never dry glasses or plastic items such as Tupperware properly, ASKO knows how to do it well and it works every time. I also like the layout of the inside and little things like the knife drawer. This is a great model and I am very pleased i have it

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Superb Dishwasher

This is a superb dishwasher - very quiet, effective, thorough, and unobtrusive in design and performance. It has fewer bells and whistles, but doesn't require as much cleaning of the filters and sprayers as the Bosch we previously owned. All delivery and installation and call out service is done by ASKO, not a generic service. This is important because we had some minor set up issues. The dreaded F14 error message came up, after troubleshooting the drainage and checking installation, ASKO decided to replace the machine with a new one. ASKO was instantly responsive, helpful on-site and phone assistance, with the error persisting, decided to replace the machine within 1 working day. So no horror stories here, quite the opposite: problem solved.

This machine is a workhorse, we run it every day. For regular loads, the glasses cycle (short, under 30 mins) does it all and has become our fast/regular wash cycle. It requires no fancy programming but a couple of button clicks to get it going. This seems to be its design strength: it's unobstrusiveness. It has far fewer lights and bells and LEDs than the others on the market, and the single sheet stainless steel front is clean and transparent.

We've owned Miele, Dishlex and Bosch - this one is the one. It does the job perfectly. Highly recommend the machine, the brand, and the local service team.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Don't be fooled by the salesman.

This is very good dishwasher that washes very well. It have very good parts and appears to a quality made product. However the drying function on the more expensive model is a joke. Constantly having to dry plastics, cups and Tupperware from the top shelf. This was the main feature the salesman said would completely dry everything. No more have to leave the door open to get rid of condensation. Don't waste your money on the more expensive model. I would not recommend this machine. It just not worth the money.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Completely hopeless customer service, don't buy unless you can fix it yourself.

1. The call-back service does not work so you will be on hold forever.
2. The dishwasher works really well provided that you wash your dishes before putting them in- no joke.
3. The service man fixed the door so tightly that it requires 2 people to hold the door open before loading the dishes. We are told that even though it was their service man who damaged the door, the machine is now out of service so we have to pay to fix it…??
4. You will be told that someone will call you back, but it won't happen. Ever. So you call again, and hold on forever again….

Overall a useless and disappointing product and service.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

ASKO dishwasher

I bought this dishwasher because the man at the Good Guys said it was amazing. Its amazingly expensive but not an amazing dishwasher. I have to get the ASKO people back 3 times to get it working properly and it works ok no better than the $600 Bosch I had even though the ASKO was $1600. It leaves food scraps on the oven dish and sometimes the knives and forks no matter the setting. Disappointing really thought it was going to be mind boggling good but unfortunately not.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Our dishwasher is perfect

When looking for a new dishwasher last year I couldn't go past replacing ours with anything but an updated model of what we had been using for the previous 8 + years. It had run every day without trouble. I'm very happy with my choice. It's very quiet, leaves everything perfectly clean and looks smart in the kitchen with its no fuss controls. Love it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Not Terrible - Not Fantastic

I purchased this Asko when it was really promoted by the Salesman. While it does wash well there are certain aspects that I am disappointed with. I was told by the salesman it was super quiet. It actually wakes us at night when draining and the beeping at the end is not a plus. When I complained the salesman told me his was in is butlers pantry which was why he didn't actually hear it, but he had complaints from others about this. He said people have to put the plug or a tea towel in the plug hole to reduce the noise. The Asko delivery man was over an hour late and it cost me $240 for missing a shift. He then said the machine installation was not like other machines and we should be getting him to install it at $160. (I question the hourly rate there.) I had been calling him to make sure he was going to be on time, within the 2 hour frame. I left messages that were not returned and he said he didn't get them because he leaves his phone in the car while on other jobs. The End Light does not click off which is a waste of electricity. The knife compartment on the bottom of the top shelf stops the dish on top being completely cleaned. I cannot get our cutlery in the narrow slots of the cutlery compartment. I have taken off the top of the cutlery compartment but as they now sit against each other and I have to hand wash them. I also find the controls a bit non-user friendly. All in all, I am disappointed as the machine was not a cheap one. I have had this machine for a week.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good morning, I went to clean the fine filter this morning and there was water sitting in the tub under it. Can you please advise what I should do? It is about 4 mths old. Thanks

I’ve had this model for around 6 months Just now it won’t cycle properly It’s staying on rinse and will keep going for hours on the Eco and normal function I tried unplugging it but nothing seems to work Now I’m stuck with stale dirty water that won’t drain! What should I do?
I am sorry but I personally have no idea, why this is happening. Have you checked the filters at the bottom. If it's only 6 months old then it should still be under warranty and you could call a technician

The dish washer is not washing properly dishes still dirty. Washer has been cleaned.Any help?
We have the white model. But I guess the functions are the same. We found, as we are on tank water, and run a UV filter on all water that comes into the house, it can effect the way certain brands of dishwashing products work. We have good success with Fairy and Finish brands....but only with the types in those brands that have the dissolving wrappers..Hard, solid tablets of any brand don't dissolve properly ....but we ARE on tank water! I cannot comment on how the Asko works on normal town water.. If, after changing brands if tablets, you have no success, I suggest you contact ASKO for a service callPerhaps have your water tested for hardness. If you look back to your owners manual, there will be a section discussing this and what is needed to address water hardness if it is an issue. If you are in a capital city on the east coast, this is probably not a problem, but don't take my word for it of course. As Heather suggested, a phone call or email to Asko should be your first port of call and they may be able to answer the water hardness question for you also.

D5436SS (Stainless Steel)