HG1986AD, HG1986SD
See the Best Gas Cooktops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Asko

2.6
    Miranda M.
    Miranda M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very happy

I bought this about nine months ago. Looks very smart, works perfectly, no issue with the black scratching or anything. Love the wok burner and the whole appliance. I am writing this as I’m surprised by the negative reviews from others.

Purchased in April 2020.

Ferina T.
    Ferina T.Harrison 2914, ACT

Wok burner won’t stay on. Avoid the cooktop

Bought the end of June 2020 got delivered in September 2020. Wok burner won’t stay on. Called asko to fix it, they came and replaced fire detecting bit but it still happening. I always wipe and clean after use. No residual oil on it, the doors and windows are close, no wind whatsoever and that wok burner is always turn off in the middle of cooking. What a waste of $1999 I spent!!! Its not like its a cheap stove. I want my money back! Avoid this stove, choose a other brand. If you can’t fix it then refund me!

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,999.00.

Other Gas Cooktops

BhumiPerth

Not worth it

I bought this cooktop 3 months ago. After 1st use, I have stains that won't come off. On top of that the black colour on the grill has come off. Customer service did not get back for 2 months only to be told that i did not clean my cooktop after cooking and that i am using cheap utensils and hence the grill colour. Recommend to use desolv it from bunnings for cleaning but did not do much of a job either. Apparently will be charged call out fee if I need it looked at. Definitely not worth the price. If this matter is not resolved I will be going to fair trading for help.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
    dp29
    dp29Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Offered to change colour after product was delivered for free

I purchased a black 5 burner cooktop to suit the kitchen of the house we were going to purchase but due to some reasons the purchase did not go ahead. I then purchased a different house and wanted to change the cooktop colour, Asko called me and offered to exchange the cooktop for a stainless steel one for free.
    Your service is much appreciated - thanks Asko.
    Note: the black cooktop was in original packaging and never opened. If the packaging is open then there will be charge.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
    Gas Cooktops

Find out how Asko HG1986AD / HG1986SD compares to other Gas Cooktops

NickSydney, NSW

Used once black all came.of metal grills!!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

NXK
    NXKasked
    HG1986SD

Hi There I am planning to buy this cooktop? Could anyone please share their experience on this cooktop?

Nick

its a nice looking cook top I'll give it that
    We had problems with black grills the black came off so had to replace
    the main burner flame was un even so was hard to cook on
    so there are definetlt issues
    We bought because it match all our matt black appliances probably wouldn't look at asko again next time

Helen B.asked
    HG1986AD / HG1986SD

Having read the reviews above is like to know wish 100 per cent certainty if this cooktop is in fact cast iron or enamel. I also need to know if it is scratch resistant and if Scratches occur what Askos warranty is.

Id appreciate a response ASAP as I bought one of these on a whim on Sunday without doing my usual homework and will get a refund on Thursday based on what information I find out about this cooktop

Nick

yes it is cast iron black comes off the grill
    components don't listen what they say it comes off!
    nice cook top asko were definetly a punish to chase about the issue
    and told them about unbalanced flames especially on wok burner
    , very difficult to cook evenly
    for the price id go meile or another brand over asko next time hope this helps

Helen B.

Thanks nick! We have decided not to purchase it and keep our Smeg we have and get it fixed! Have you bought a rangehood recently as ours is broken and need a new one

Bhumi

I would not recommend buying it either. I mean I looks good but the frames colour is coming off and their customer service is crap .

Zorica R.
    Zorica R.asked
    HG1986AD / HG1986SD

Can I put black grill apliance in dish washer

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

Compare both Asko HG1986AD / HG1986SD