Asko W4086

Asko W4086

W4086P, W4086C

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Judith Wilkes

Judith WilkesSoutheast, SA

very good washing machine

I use the 20 minute cycle to do most of my washing as my clothes are usually not very dirty, just need a freshen up. I sort my colors and whites, and it does get them clean. The rinse cycle gets the clothes dryer so it doesn't take very long to dry. The machine is quieter than my last machine and I love that it switches itself off at the end of the cycle

Purchased in July 2018 at not sure as I've had it for a long time.

TrishCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

My Asko has proven to be dependable.

My present Asko washing machine I have used for 9 years and it is working as I write this. My previous washing machine was also Asko. I would advise purchasers to read and use Asko ‘Use and Care Guide’, particularly the Program Chart. I sort my washing to meet these programs which are comprehensive. Once a program is selected one must expect to wait the time set down on the Chart for completion. This is not a machine you interrupt once water intake commences, although this can be done in any emergency. There is a Quick program, but most would be regarded as long. I use the Wool/Hand at 30 degrees successfully for all my delicates.

Purchased in February 2010.

Marguerite

Gentle and with great functions easily selected

I have been a purchaser of Asko appliances for some time now. Their products are solidly constructed and easy to operate. Furthermore these front load machines are quiet and water efficient. This recent model treats my clothing with care and diligent cleaning, and I am pleased to note that having updated to a digital model I am able to operate the machine without complex selection process for cycles listed. The times are varied accordingly which is expected. I was able to upgrade to this specific model for no extra fee and consequently extend the warranty. In the 15 years of use with my prior machine I only had one visit for service, such is the exceptional quality of this brand.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Charles HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A good workhorse with a few quirks

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very happy with purchase

Easy programming, with a large array of cycles. Love the ability to open the door to add clothing at any time. The steel seel is fantastic. Love how the door stays slightly ajar to air the washing machine. Sleek styling with great function. It makes it a pleasure to do the washing.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

OffGrid

OffGridasked

I am curious to know the exact power consumption whilst using this machine. I note it doesn't have a hot water inlet and I live in a remote situation completely "off-grid" for power and water. My old washing machine is 609W and has a cold and hot tap inlet. I can't find a power rating for this machine and would like to know the consumption in Watts for a cold load VS hot load. It's critical to know this because as mentioned I have solar power and no mains electricity. I avoid high draw appliances here even though we do have a very large capacity solar system with wind turbine. Another point would be how many watts for how long? On an average hot cycle how long does it run at max watts? Thankyou.

Trish

Hi Offgrid, I am unable to help you as my model is not as up-to-date as the machine you are researching. Also I am not technically qualified to accurately answer your questions.

Henry D.asked

We have a new machine and twice now there has been a large amount of water undere the machine cant seem to locate where it is leaking from any ideas what is causing this

Charles H

This machine has a very unfortunate design of soap tray/cassette.
The tray doesn't cope too well with soap powders if the water is cold: they cake and block the exit. Also, the outlet into the body of the machine is via a comparatively small hole at the back of the cassette. If the water level in the cassette rises higher than about a centimeter, water leaks out past the seal around the slide-out drawer. The answer is first to partly close the cold water tap leading to the machine and secondly never to add water to the drawer (to flush in the soap or add hot water) while the machine is filling: it will always leak if you do.
The water leaks out in front behind the outer (static) casing and a little of it is often seen dripping over the door.

Taniaasked

I am attracted to this machine due to the steel seal. Is it as good as the marketing suggests?

Marguerite

I am very content with my purchase. My prior Asko was also fully steel and I had it for 15 years during which one service was required. Neither machine has ever leaked and the new model has an electronic beep to warn if door is open. Once program commences the door itself locks if it was closed. I was uncertain about the digital aspect (programs) but it has been so easy and self prompts for selection. It also remembers cycles and you can lock in a favourite. Mine was a good deal purchased from the Good Guys as well. Good luck!

Thanks Marguerite

Charles H

The steel seal itself rarely gives trouble, but it is extremely sensitive to fabric stuck in it (careless loading,) which results in massive flooding. The seal itself is a rubber flange which fits tightly over the glass insert in the door. This is pressed tightly against the steel lip of the stationary outer drum (which contains the water) and more loosely against the adjacent steel lip of the innner, rotating drum. Because the door assembly is fixed to the sprung outer drum rather than the square casing from which the drumassembly is suspended, there is no need for the soft rubber sleeve used in other makes. However, that is not a particular advantage, since that design is also pretty trouble-free.
The four issues with this washing machine you should be aware of are:
#1. It does not have a hot water inlet (so it's more expensive if you have a solar hot water system);
#2. The soap drawer assembly is all rather odd, so some of your soap powder is likely to stay stuck and be added to the rinses, while if the tray is not pushed firmly home, quote a lot of water may leak out.
#3. It is very sensitive to load imbalance, meaning that it may add half an hour or more to the wash time (it spins after each emptying) trying to balance the load to its satisfaction and may leave the load unspun at the end if you have to small a wash or a wash which includes big items;
#4. The inner drum is not just stainless steel: it has plastic inserts which agitate the load as the drum turns. These can very occasionally catch on garments.
The really good thing about this machine is thatit does spin after each emptying, so the rinses are more efficient than a lot of other machines.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives