Asko W4086

Asko W4086

W4086P, W4086C

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

4.3

Misleading Advertising, Poor Communication, Poor Delivery and Installation

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online.

Azat

AzatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this machine BUT it has one major problem.

Purchased in August 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$1,600.00.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerHunter Region, NSW

Super Quiet

Our family is multi generational with children, blue collar and white collar workers. The machine caters for all our needs with great options for delicates through to heavy wash cycles. The 1600 spin really is an advantage because the clothes dry so much quicker whether you use the clothes line or dryer. The pause button is a good feature to add those forgotten pieces.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,800.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Asko W4086 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

guest

guestHunter Region, NSW

Very effective and efficient washer

This machine is great, I don’t separate colours and it’s never been an issue, delicate clothes I put in a wash bag but still in with the other clothes and never been a problem. Heaps of different programs to choose from or make your own. Can choose to shorten the cycle time, my fave is normal though, takes an hour and clothes are always clean. Love this machine.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for A$1,700.00.

Judith Wilkes

Judith WilkesSoutheast, SA

very good washing machine

I use the 20 minute cycle to do most of my washing as my clothes are usually not very dirty, just need a freshen up. I sort my colors and whites, and it does get them clean. The rinse cycle gets the clothes dryer so it doesn't take very long to dry. The machine is quieter than my last machine and I love that it switches itself off at the end of the cycle

Purchased in July 2018 at not sure as I've had it for a long time.

TrishCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

My Asko has proven to be dependable.

My present Asko washing machine I have used for 9 years and it is working as I write this. My previous washing machine was also Asko. I would advise purchasers to read and use Asko ‘Use and Care Guide’, particularly the Program Chart. I sort my washing to meet these programs which are comprehensive. Once a program is selected one must expect to wait the time set down on the Chart for completion. This is not a machine you interrupt once water intake commences, although this can be done in any emergency. There is a Quick program, but most would be regarded as long. I use the Wool/Hand at 30 degrees successfully for all my delicates.

Purchased in February 2010.

Marguerite

Marguerite

Gentle and with great functions easily selected

I have been a purchaser of Asko appliances for some time now. Their products are solidly constructed and easy to operate. Furthermore these front load machines are quiet and water efficient. This recent model treats my clothing with care and diligent cleaning, and I am pleased to note that having updated to a digital model I am able to operate the machine without complex selection process for cycles listed. The times are varied accordingly which is expected. I was able to upgrade to this specific model for no extra fee and consequently extend the warranty. In the 15 years of use with my prior machine I only had one visit for service, such is the exceptional quality of this brand.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Charles H

Charles HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A good workhorse with a few quirks

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very happy with purchase

Easy programming, with a large array of cycles. Love the ability to open the door to add clothing at any time. The steel seel is fantastic. Love how the door stays slightly ajar to air the washing machine. Sleek styling with great function. It makes it a pleasure to do the washing.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Asko W4086 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Jossan

Jossanasked

W4086

Hi. I’m considering buying W4086. Does anybody know if the machine spins before the first rinse and then between all the rinses in every program? Have red that it just spins between rinses when you select the intensive program. I’m also wondering what the allergy mode is and what that option adds to the selected program.

Style_Meets_Emotion

Style_Meets_Emotionasked

Hi all!!

Had purchased the older made in Sweden Askos in 2012. The W6884 Eco and matching T784C, heat pump wasn't available until the next few months. The dryer was pretty good, the washer was a nightmare. Leaked constantly from the detergent drawer, would lose its cycle and often wouldn't auto balance. When it worked was great. But within a few months of owning, constant issues, and the leaking was unacceptable. And this would often leave the laundry room floor soaking wet. When they worked, they were great. But that was maybe 20% of the time. Asko bought them back and we switched to top end Mieles. I loved the way the Asko washed, the silence, and the no rubber bellow. And overall when they worked, I did love them. But the electronic issues and glitches and leaking was just too much. They came out several times and one repair was a regional manager who "fixed" the detergent drawer by sawing pieces off. Unacceptable.

Sorry for such verbose. Just wanted a background. While the Mieles we have are great, they are ageing and are needing more regular upkeep and maintenance. Which isn't cheap out of warranty. The T8861WP dryer needs new bushes again and also a new belt as it's slipping and squeaking. The washer has issues with final spin on some loads, and doesn't do a full spin. Think it just may need a software update or some maintenance to keep them going. But from experience I'd be looking at about $1k-$1.2k to get them back in top top shape, and I'll get another 5-6 years without any other maintenance.

My question is, how have people found the Asko W4086P and T408HD over a year or two. Any major issues or minor ones? Any leaking? Any warranty work? As I'm debating putting the $1k towards a new set of machines, as I can get both for $3598 delivered. Which is $2k less than I paid for the Mieles 7 years ago. I know they will last, but with yearly maintenance. If it's going to be say $1k every 3 years, to hit the 20 year mark, it'll be approx $4k in maintenance to keep them running in top top shape.

So as a massive Miele fan, I will miss the solid metal chromed door and other features like 23 programmes for washer.

So just wondering what people think of these Askos after a year or two? As the price is great and if they have fixed the quality issues, although made in Slovenia, part of Gorenje and not Sweden. Would you buy some new Askos, or keep the Mieles and just suck up paying for maintenance?

Sorry for the lengthy question, just wanted to be thorough and specific.

Any advice you can help with about these new Askos would be great!

Many, many thanks
J

Trish

Regarding Asko washing machine (mine is 10 years old Asko W6222). Have never had a leaking problem. I treat my machine with respect, and as advised in use and care guide. That is keep to instructions as set out. My machine has never given me a problem and behaves as it did when new. Always use detergent advised for front loader, in fact I even reduce advised quantity to about half advised, for most washes.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm after those with the new models as I stated. Wanted to know the reliability et cetera with the new machines, not the older ones. I had many issues, and these were well known the Asko at the time, it's when quality dipped as this was the time when they were closing manufacturing in Sweden and moving to Slovenia as they were bought by Gorenje. So those made on the switch over seem to be the most unreliable. But if they've ironed out the issues with the new machines made in Slovenia, and quality has improved, I'm after those with the models I posted. But thank you for you reply none the less.
Cheers

Joanne Seeto
Joanne Seeto

We're having the same issues your mentioned. When it works, it's fine. However, once or twice a month it will leak a lot. I think it leaked from the door. This despite using only a quarter of scoop of powder (we changed powders 3 times to suit what the technician recommended, with the same technician recommending different powders on separate occasions, and blaming the powders that he had previously recommended). We have had many technicians come out, some of them quite rude and accuse you of not knowing how to use a washing machine (?!?!?!). I don't know if we have a dud, but from reading your review it may be a common issue with Asko.

Jodieasked

W4086

I would like to know how much water is used on the Drum Cleaning cycle.
I have emailed Asko about 6 times to ask the question and nobody has answered me.

Trish

I am sorry Jodie, I have never had to clean my drum in all the years of having my Asko. I will look up my Instructions for you. Should it help I will advise you. Patricia

Jodie

It is only three months old and comes up with a message to run the drum cleaning cycle.
My previous 2 Asko machines did not have this. But as I recycle my grey water I need to know it will not overflow the catchment tank.

Trish

Hi Jodie, I have looked at my Instruction book for Asko W6222 (10 years old). Under Care and Cleaning “to avoid unpleasant smells” - they recommend running a 95 degree C wash program...and to use small quantity detergent - not necessary to put any washing in machine.” I emphasise this is for my machine W6222. This cycle uses 80 litres of water. Patricia

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives