Asko W6564

Asko W6564

MPN: 35904009

See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

rolly

rollySouth East Queensland, QLD

timing

the programming of the machine needs fixing in the factory . not on site. The programmer should have spend more time at school It just goes on 2 programs the rest if you are lucky

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Noise Level

jimmbo

jimmboGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is a good product

Good quality washing machine, clothes has been washed very clean. High rating for water and electricity saving. But the looking is a bit plaint, doesn’t have a very fancy looking

Purchased in June 2015.

Noise Level

LOVE IT!

I love my washing machine. I have had it for about 5 years now and it has never let me down. I even brought a second one for home. It spins the clothes almost dry and i also love how the rubber ring is on the door it make's it a lot easier to clean

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Good People

Good PeoplePerth

Stay away from Asko

I bought this machine in 2013. It worked OK for the first two years and then started leaking and wild vibration with noise. This was bought from Harvey Norman where the salesman described it being a high quality product. The price was certainly high. It is beyond my belief that now-a-days one can consciously sell such a poorly made product.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Della

Della

Can live without this machine !

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Edgard Lopez

Edgard LopezMarlo Merrican

Stay away from Asko

I purchased this machine in 2012. I received a DOA machine, Asko replaced very quickly I must admit.
But every since we got the replacement machine has had problems. Warranty replaced several parts. Asko is very secretive about what they replace. Machine moves everywhere goes out of balance very quickly, rusty detergent section. I bought it because on papers shows to be the most water and energy efficient in the market getting a 5 stars, but 1 star in quality and durability. Stay away from Asko.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Melly

MellySydney

Terrible washing machine for price we paid

Date PurchasedOct 2012

VMac

VMacHunter Region, NSW

Piece of junk ( expensive junk)

Pump broke down twice in 3 years, detergent dispenser never worked properly. Now it comes with flashing display at the end of cycle, can't open the door even after power down. For that sort of money I expected at least
4-5 years trouble free. That's it, I had it. Off to the tip.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

W6564 brushless motor never wears out.......now I know why

I bought the machine $1800 plus because my wife will run it pretty well every day. I thought fair enough go the best buy Asko, with a brushless motor to boot. Machine lasted 4 years, then one day it just stopped. Why.......Im guessing the circuit board. Turns on fills with water as per cycle - counts down whilst its filling but then when it should spin the motor ( and doesnt ) the timer stops.

To reset the machine: turn off the machine with the power button, wait 5 seconds and then hold down the key button ( door lock ) and whilst holding the door lock button, turn it back on. This is supposed to do a total reset. By the way this didnt help me. I wont be buying Asko again

Date PurchasedNov 2013
unhappy laundry guy

unhappy laundry guyAuckland

what a piece of junk.

We purchased a top of the line washing machine and dryer. after 6 years we have had 6 major faults over the two machines. The dryer had 3 faults so they replaced it. after about 2 years it broke down again , while it was in being repaired they noticed it took a long time to dry and told us the heat pump has packed up and will cost over $1000 to fix on top of the other repair. so that is in the bin its junk. I cant sell the washing machine as it has gone rusty all around the soap filler and needs a whole new front and soap drawer.
I can not wait to get rid of this over priced rubbish, the crap only lasts a couple of years not the 20 Plus years we were told at the point of sale, don't buy this rubbish.

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Anonymous

AnonymousMelbourne

Doesn’t go the distance

We have had our Asko front loader 7 years. Have been happy up to now . Only complaint that door is rather hard to close, needs a very firm push.
Purchased an Asko expecting it would last at least 15 years but after extremely loud noise on spin and had someone out to look at it . Bearings need replacing , $650 to fix . unfortunately no extended warranty as expected quality and no issues. Now have to decide which brand to try next. Meanwhile off to the laundromat. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Toddles

Toddlesmelbourne

Looked Good At First

This is our second Asko, the first one was the old "lasts twenty years" type and we only got rid of it due to travelling overseas. This new on is just not as well made and I am a little disappointed with it. Its just a year old and already the body is rusting is two places that I know of - around the soap dispenser and under neath near the legs. It runs OK but they seem to be suing cheap sheet metal these days - no way this will last 10 years. The boy will definitely give up before that,. Not as good as they used to be!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

such a waste of money!!!!!

I had a cheap machine before which lasted for over 10 years and still was in a working condition when I had to get rid of it. This expensive one lasted for 4 and a half years of very light washing and then started "jumping" in the laundry making terrible noise. Will never consider buying this brand in the future. It is better to buy a cheap machine every 5 years than to be stuck with the expensive one after 5 years...with just expired extended warranty.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Not thrilled

Bought this expensive machine because we expected it to out last any previous cheaper machines. Cleans quite well and is economical water wise however has developed an extremely loud rattle and cuts the main power off to the house. Leave it switched off for three days and it starts up again but gets to the spin cycle and blows everything again. Had repair man out twice. Going to replace with one of the much cheaper brands. Not happy.

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Leanne

LeanneMelbourne

It washes and it's strong

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Michael

MichaelHunter Region, NSW

We would never go back to top load washers

Date PurchasedOct 2013

plainbobminimusNewcastle NSW

Wanted this machine to be like my last Asko

Date PurchasedJun 2012

Oh yes. it was a Swedish made Asko

Anita

AnitaBrisbane

Worth the price tag, saves me hours

All cycles are flawless
Runs a great quick cycle
Perfect for delicates, silk dresses are absolutely fine on the wool delicate wash, I was nervous at first but I think the machine is easier on the clothing than me hand washing. Fantastic.
It is not too loud.
Absolutely love it

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Bruce H

Bruce HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good machine - door hard to close

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Beelzebubbles

BeelzebubblesAU

I HATE this machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

kelly.maloneypenrose

kelly.maloneypenroseasked

Hi I have a front loader that tearing my clothes
The machine is only 4 years old and $2000
No very happy I lost expensive clothing

Johncost

Johncostasked

Hi I have asko w6564w and I was installing it and noticed it only has 1 water intake pipe for cold water
Does it heat its own water?

Caterina Jasked

W6564 washing machine (5 years old) is overheating the water, so much that the machine is hot to touch and the glass door is extremely hot. Would it be the thermostat? Have just replaced the bearings due to excessive noise during the spin cycle. Have previously (3 years ago) replaced the water pump.

KM1
KM1

I have the same problem, did you get it fixed?

Caterina J

Well I replaced the heater element and the thermistor as per advice from repairers, being the simplest possible things to go wrong. If it wasn’t them, then it would be the control panel.
Crossed fingers it was them. Cost was about $140 for me to do. Plenty of YouTube videos.
Machine works but still overheats on 60 and 95 degrees.
So I bought a secondhand one for the control panel, because that’s about $650, turns out the secondhand machine works fine and I’ll use mine for parts.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines