ASUS RT-AC58U

ASUS RT-AC58U

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
  • Number of Connected Devices 1.333 devices

Rachel

RachelPerth, WA

Easy Set up

It's easy to set up and isn't giving problems as of now. Works fine. Just a small thing but it's ok - It's a bit bulky
Go for it. Good quality product.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Number of Connected Devices 0 devices
ISPiiNet NBN Satellite (Sky Muster) NBN 25 (Standard)

wulf

wulfBrisbane

Won't work with TPG HFC

While it's a good value for money, it's worth noting that it won't work with TPG NBN HFC, due to the fact that TPG uses VLAN. I used it and it never connected and ended up having to refund it.

It works in access point mode, and strength seems pretty good. It might work with other company.

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $140.00.

Number of Connected Devices 0 devices
ISPTPG Broadband NBN 50
 Charlesm

CharlesmSydney, NSW

Wifi dropouts at first but works great now

Purchased in July 2019 at IJK Physical store for $122.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ModemNetgear AC1200 D6200
Koray I

Koray ISydney, NSW

Fantastic router - excellent value, great Wifi performance

I used to be a fan of Netgear equipment, then when all the rage was going on with Asus routers I thought I would give one a try. I bought the AC58U off ebay, used and for $70 I have fantastic performance at home. The admin console is amazing, the performance is blistering and the fact that I can set a restart schedule weekly really gives me peace of mind. Highly recommended if your after a high performance but also budget conscious router

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Charles

CharlesSydney

Excellent Dual Band WiFi Router

I chose this router because it had a balance of features and price. So far, I was using greatly the USB 3.0 port in order to create a network share on our home. Other routers during the time of purchase were mostly only offering USB 2.0 and this means slower transfer rate across the files. Because of this, I didn't have to purchase a separate NAS server. So far, I didn't have any major signal or crash issues with the router. I was able to setup the router with the help of their interface. So far support was good and I just upgraded my firmware last week.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nate

NateBrisbane

So far, so good.

Having used this router for a little over a month, I am quite impressed. Setup was simple and the router's interface on my iMac and iPhone was much more detailed than Netgear's Genie. I used this one for my ATEM setup as well and still working good. The product is nice, but ASUS is terrible when it comes to support. I got an bad experience once I used USB wifi adapter ASUS USB-AC56. But this one I got is very cheap compare to another brands I have found in similar specs. I wish not to speak to them again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Bribielife

Bribielife

Great Modem with good reception distance

Our son set us up with this modem & it is connected to our NAS Server. We live in a big 5 bedroom house & the reception extends to all rooms without the need of another unit elsewhere.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017