ASUS RT-AC86U

ASUS RT-AC86U

• Number of Connected Devices 22 devices (3)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
sd82

sd82South East Queensland, QLD

So far very happy with purchase, it's exceeded expectations

Purchased in January 2020 at Skycomp Technology for A$345.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPMate NBN
Gavin V.

Gavin V.Perth, WA

Reliable router

This is my second Asus router. I have the two ethernet bridged together now to increase signal strength across a large house. I think the quality with Asus is great, support and updates are also good. I would buy another Asus router in the future, maybe one with a 8 slot and not a 4 slot next time.

Purchased in August 2018 at eBay for A$279.00.

Number of Connected Devices 20 devices
ISPFuzeNet
Chris S.

Chris S.Illawarra, NSW

Small, but so powerfull

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$350.00.

Number of Connected Devices 40 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
ModemiiNet TG789
Routers

Find out how ASUS RT-AC86U compares to other Routers

Jake Riddly

Jake Riddly

When the 68U no longer cuts it.

I have been using Asus routers for a long time, starting off with early models then upgrading the AC68U which did the job for years, but when the NBN came around and we needed something with a bit more juice, we decided to purchase a few of these bad boys.
If you are familiar with the ASUS admin area, then you won’t have an issue configuring this beauty and then you leave it to work it’s magic with hardly any issue. We have had these running 24/7 with multiple devices and have barely seen a hiccup, and the wifi range is excellent for both channels.

Jeremy P

Jeremy PNorth Queensland, QLD

Love ASUS routers

After I bricked my R7000 Netgear router trying to flash custom firmware, I finally upgraded to this router. Always hated my Netgear (poor signal, slow speed, you name it). Yes I have tried different custom firmwares on R7000. None of them solved my problem. Finally got a proper ASUS one. It just works. I love this model as it has smaller footprint as it's standing up in comparison to 88U and 87U. Too bad only HN sells them in Australia, so you can't really shop around unless you wanna get it from overseas. Be sure to haggle though.

Date PurchasedMar 2018