ASUS RT-AC87U

ASUS RT-AC87U

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Number of Connected Devices 9 devices
  • Incentivised Review Yes (100%) · No (0%)

Mark W.

Mark W.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for our family.

This asus router has been reliable and great for our family use. It has a good range and I can control the wifi people in the family use so we can limit the children on what they stream.

Purchased in July 2017.

Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

BonezAUPerth, WA

Best router I've ever owned

Picked one up on eBay which was some kind of grey import (at a *significantly* lower price than available from most AU stores, but along with an international travel adapter it works just fine. It's great having the ability to be able to install custom firmware on it, such as Asuswrt-merlin. It's highly configurable for those who like to tinker with things, I've even got a full Debian OS (ARM) running off a USB stick, which runs a whole bunch of services. As long as the router is on, all of those services are available. I would recommend this to anyone looking to buy a decent router, that hopefully will last me many years to come.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Jemaa

JemaaBrisbane

Has big coverage

When i used provided routher it had bed coverage and very slow, with using NAS, since i use this item there is no dley, no slow, no problems. At this time, this is expensive you should buy some other asus router, I really asus brand and router, I recommend you this and other asus router

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Security Piece of Mind. Great for Parental Control

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Slerts

SlertsAU

Easy to setup, good wifi signals but not great

I already have a router so only replaced my netgear wifi extender with this router. Setup is easy once I plugged cable directly into my computer, this is unclear in instructions. Wifi signals are good for both bands but speeds are not as good as my old Apple time capsule. Still having occasional dropouts but far less common than the junked netgear.

MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Good for all network environments

Rio

Rio

Outstanding performance

Satisfied with the strong wifi range, easy setup, and speed stability. Highly recommended for heavy Internet user. For less price, could go with rt-ac68u, which is another great router. Most of asks router is great anyway.

Milton