Audi Q3

Audi Q3 (2012-2021)

Also referred to as: Audi Q3 2020 and Audi Q3 2022. 8U, F3
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Audi

• Comfort
  • Features
Chris D.
Chris D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Best car we've ever owned

We use this Q3 every day for commuting to our nearest town. It has the best fuel efficiency of all our cars to date. We service it every 15,000kms and spare parts are readily available. It has some little glitches but on the whole it is luxurious , comfortable and economical. The only thing which it lacks is android compatibility to throw the GPS to the multi-media screen (which is available in later models) Love it

Purchased in March 2020 for $15,000.00.

Dee
DeeSydney, NSW

Comfort and luxury

I use my car for dropping kids off at school, groceries and even on annual holidays interstate. It’s comfortable and has many features including park assist and in built massage seats for the front. The only problem I have with my car is servicing, it’s very expensive compared to my previous Honda Civic. However, I will always stick to European cars from now on.

Purchased in January 2019 at Audi Dealers for $22,000.00.

Stephane B.
Stephane B.Illawarra, NSW

Sell it before warranty runs out.

Purchased in June 2014 at Audi Dealers.

MikkieD
MikkieDQueensland

Premium feel! Cheap on fuel! Pocket rocket!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Zac
ZacMelbourne

Perfect family car

There is a reason why this car is so popular - stylish looks, excellent handling, good fuel efficiency and a premium Audi badge at a reasonable price. Improvements from the 2014 model are to the powertrain, suspension, and most notably the updated front grille and new bi-xenon headlights with daytime LED runlamps.
Would not hesitate to reccomend this car to anyone.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Eyma20
Eyma20

Great small SUV

One of the very few SUVs on the market still available in manual transmission! Very smooth handling with great insulation meaning that you can barely hear road and traffic noises in the car. Does 720ks on a full tank and pay an average of $80 to fill it up every 3 weeks. If you’re looking for an suv for a bigger boot capacity this may not be the car for you as the boot space is average, however it will fit 2 large suitcases and 2 carry on luggage exactly (tried and tested!). Personally I love this car having gone from a Ford Fiesta hatchback and finding that the size suited me perfectly as I didn’t want anything too big and scary!

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMay 2018
Francie7376
Francie7376Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely the best car I have every owned!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sandra M
Sandra M

Great car

After months of shopping around for a family car, we decided on the Audi Q3. Back when we purchased it in 2015, it was the smallest in the SUV family although it suited us just fine when we were a family of 3. However, now with a second car seat, the middle seat of the car is unusable - I can just manage to fit a handbag in there. That said, the car handles greatly, looks sleek and stylish and has a very comfortable interior. The customer service at Audi is second to none and it is for these reasons that we’ll be upgrading to a Q5 or Q7 in the near future. The only downside to buying is that the base models are very basic and quite expensive to add extra features, and the servicing costs are quite high.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Michael
Michaelsydney

Great car and great value

We have owned this car for almost 4 years. To date we have had VERY little issues with this car. We do daily round trips of around 180km and we have found this car to be very economical with especially diesel petrol.

The car handles very well on all types of surfaces including wet and dry. The internal of the car is nice but certainly not in the same class as any luxury vehicles.

BadgeTDI

Date PurchasedMar 2017
pradeepa
pradeepaAU

Best car ever!

I love the car, its very easy set up, and seating very comfortable, Great steering,petrol consumption is little higher than normal , but its AUDI!!!
style and exterior look is stylish- entertainment and navigation system is very good
large boot,and easy access via the car
cup holders and door storage very spacy

Date PurchasedApr 2013
DanielOGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Performace wise disappointing for the class

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
CherieG
CherieGBundaberg

Love this car - so happy we purchased!

Love this car! Great steering, awesome speed pick up! Quiet for a diesel. The interior is slick - Audi can always make things look great in a simple and not over the top way. Great on fuel - I get over 1,000km's a tank. The owners before us had children, and considering they were young - the leather has held up pretty well! I was worried if we would have enough cabin space when the seats where down, but compared to my car before (Jeep Patriot), it is very similar. We will definitely look at Audi again when we are ready to upgrade.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Wendyh
WendyhSydney Surrounds, NSW

OK but wouldn't buy again

BadgeTDI
Date PurchasedJune 2017

Jake Mcgrath
Jake Mcgrathasked
Q3 (2012-2021)

If a fault is diagnosed by an ‘A grade mechanic’ prior to the end date of the warranty, is it still covered under the warranty or does the fault need to be diagnosed by an Audi dealership?

Matjack
Matjackasked
Q3 8U (2012-2021)

Considering buying the TDI Q3. I have never bought turbo diesel before or Audi for that matter. Can people who have owned this vehicle expand my knowledge on performance and satisfaction? They look smart.

Hi
The car looks very smart. I 've had the Audi Q3 now since July and despite what I wrote in my review, I have become accustomed to it. It's a nice car to sit in and drive but the turbo can be annoying. That remains an issue for me. It doesn't take off smoothly like some other cars, be it the turbo or whatever. Personally and in my ignorance, the turbo / transmission or whatever else will likely improve in design and function over the years, but it remains annoying when needing to take off quickly when in certain traffic situations. And then when it does move, it catapults foward. I've gotten used to how to accelerate to allow for this, but the moments when i need to accelerate quickly remain a problem for me.
My Audi is petrol. From what I've read, I understand that diesel is worse in city driving but I don't know.
Now that I've had the car for 6 months, I'm generally happy with it - comfortable and very nice looking, but apart from the turbo, the petrol consumption is apparently also not the most economical.
Good luck.

Legendasked
Q3 8U (2012-2021)

is it normal to have a heavy and resistant steering after the second week you pick up your car? Thanks. IT is Audi Q3 quattro TDI and consume more petrol?

Damo
Damo

Hi. Steering should be light and easy. Get it fixed. Good luck

Legend

Hi Damo, thank you. I brought back to car dealership and they told me everything is normal. So I brought to another mechanic and they scan for me and telling me the scan is normal. But the mechanic told me that it can still be the hydraulic pump failure. He could not fix it for me as it is still under warranty which they want me to bring back to car dealership. I think car dealership will still tell me it is normal as computer showed normal. I am very disappointed with the performance of the car.

Doug14
Doug14

No steering should be firm but easy. Everything loosens up nicely after a few thousand k. If it's a tdi you should be using diesel. I get about 6k a litre.

Get an answer from our members and Audi representatives

Audi Q3 (2012-2021)

Compare all 5 Audi Q3 (2012-2021)
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolDieselDieselPetrol
Max Torque250Nm @ 1500-3500rpm380Nm @ 1800-3250rpm320Nm @ 1400-3900rpm
Country of ManufactureSpainSpainSpainSpain
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2012Mar 2012June 2015June 2015
Compare all 5 Audi Q3 (2012-2021)