Audi Q7

What an expensive heap !

Bought my Q7 in May 2016. Have had 15 Holden Caprice over 20 years, & never any major problem. Went Audi thinking to go European & more expensive you would be better off. What a mistake !!
Needs an oil pump replaced, Solitare Aui Adelaide refusing, the park brake not working, the cruise control function not working, but according to Solitare Audi, I have to pay. According to the ACCC, I don't. It's meant to be "fit for purpose".
This bloody heap isn't fit for purpose & Audi Australia don't want to take ANY responsibility for it.
The only solution, a court action.
How do they sell these cars ??
In my business, I deal with an enormous number of business people, & I now go out of my way not only to recommend they NEVER buy Audi, but NEVER buy a car from Solitare in Adelaide.
Solitare also sell Volvo, Jaguar, VW, Maserati, Audi, etc.
Don't buy a car from solitare & never buy an audi.
They are a rip off.

Purchased in May 2016 for $115,000.00.

TransmissionManual
Year2016

What a great choice

Well i have just returned from 7000klm trip towing 3.2t caravan to Qld got ecm tune from veloce clayton great bloke excellent job could not believe how well car performed. Best fuel figures for 220k 10.3lt 100 worst 13.9lt 100 everything else performed terrific. What a great car Audi Q7.

Purchased in February 2018 at brighton zagami.

Noise Level
Year2018
Acceleration / Power
Comfort

Nice car, but fuel consumption is not as marketed

Nice car, better feeling than BMW 2015 X5, but the fuel consumption is bit higher than website says. Interior feels good, better than my old Benz G class. What I don’t like is the option package are bit pricy, should be more affordable for real Audi drivers. Also the standard Audio system/speakers are not as good as my old TT 2006. Could be bigger internal space.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Excellent..no other words match....

A great family car that provide the upmost comfort and luxury. I love this car as it is quite, comfortable, spacious and dynamic. Never forget to add the dynamic suspension and ambient lighting option as it can make a huge difference in your experience and comfort. If you are in doubt please drive a car with and without dynamic suspension and feel the difference.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Worst car I have ever owned.

Purchased my Audi Q7 4M in December 2015 from Audi Ballarat (VIC). Cost was over $115,000. Since this time I have had over 50 faults with the vehicle ranging from intermittent electronic issues to major engine problems. There is only so much you can put up with before you finally snap. The first issue I had was a structural problem with the front passenger door. It would not shut correctly and would keep bouncing out without locking - A known issue that affected early models of this car. At the time I also noticed the roof lining was not installed correctly. It was like it had been removed for some reason. Questioned this with dealer but of course, no-one knew anything about why it would be like that. I suspected the car had been damaged and fixed without my knowledge. Had the paint thickness tested and found the front-left paint to be thinner than the rest of the car. Audi said it was within range and nothing to worry about! Sure. I still have had issues with the camera system not displaying anything when reversing, or the image stutters, and now the images have a green tinge to them.
Steering column needed to have work done on it - needed rivets replaced - another known issue.
The list goes on and on. I have provided some TPI's (Technical Product Information) for you to ask your local Audi Dealer about if you are concerned.

The engine lost all of its coolant - known issue TPI 2047044. Needs a valve replaced and gaskets. Took nearly a week to fix. The most worrying issue is the engine knocking sound. If you have an early model Q7 4M with engine code of CRT 000001 to 073341 you will probably have this issue too. THE ENGINE NEEDS ALL 4 CAM SHAFTS REPLACED! Ask your dealer for a copy of TPI 2043172 for more info. I refused this repair as I have had enough.

The most recent issue is the car just slams on the brakes for no reason. I can be following another vehicle that turns off to the left and the car thinks I'm going to hit it. Had it happen with a motorcyclist behind me and they nearly ran into me. Also, when crossing over a busy road, the car stops in the middle of the oncoming traffic and the cars following you who also are trying to cross almost run into your rear. So dangerous and this car should have been tested before going out to market. Someone's family will be killed by this cars bad design. Audi offered to disable the feature until it can be fixed!

Has anyone else wondered why the 2016 model of this car wasn't released in some larger countries? I guess Australia was chosen as a "Test" to fix the issues before hitting the big markets.

I am demanding my money back. I purchased this car in good faith and expected a top quality vehicle but it is a piece of junk. Audi have refused any replacement or refund even though the Australian Consumer Law says I am fully entitled to it. They think I will just go away but NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AUDI!
Oh, and guess what Audi offered me as compensation..... 2 years extended warranty and 2 free services!

So, after them ignoring letters from my Lawyer, its off to court we go.

My final warning to you all - NEVER BUY AN AUDI. Please, I thought if you spend more on a car it will be better quality and better customer service. NOT TRUE. I could have brought 2 x Mazda CX-9's and kept one as spare!

Thanks for listening.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Audi Q7 4M with V6 TDI Engine removed from sale in Australia since early October 2018. I WONDER WHY? They know this engine and car has huge issues. Also, where have the A6/A7 cars gone that also have this engine? Cant find any for sale at audi.com.au? Coincidence?

Fantastic

This is a great family car, i have a mustang and my wife uses the Q7, or when we are together we use this. As a family car is has plenty of room, very economical and safe. It's very ease to drive, when we first got it, i likened it to driving a cloud.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Great car, but???

Audi Q7 traded in 8 year old car but what a big change in technology cannot fault audi so far 4mths. Except one big problem that shows audi do not care about its customers no safety features in navigation speed red light school zones etc etc first time I have had a car in last 15 years with these features missing big mistake for 21 century.

October 6th 2018 Update: what a great choice

Well i have just returned from 7000 km trip towing 3.2t caravan to Qld got ecm tune from veloce clayton great bloke excellent job could not believe how well car performed best fuel figures for 220k 10.3lt 100 worst 13.9lt 100 everything else performed terrific what a great car Audi Q7

Purchased in February 2018.

Noise Level
Year2018
Acceleration / Power

Audi Q7 Rubbish

I am in the chauffeured vehicle industry & over a period of 20 years have had 11 Statesman Caprice & 2 LTD's. Two years ago went to a new Audi Q7 tdi. MISTAKE. I never had any problems or major repair bills with my 11 Caprice or LTD's.
The Audi has done 60,000 k/ms & is falling apart & costing a mint.
Standard service cost $1350.00 (providing it doesn't need anything other than a bog standard service) as apposed to $285 for caprice. Tyres, $2,200.00 a set of 4 & last about 35,000 k/ms (if you're lucky). Caprice $900.00 & last for 65,000 k/ms or more.
Coolant problems,(adding coolant regularly & told this is normal ???) themo fan problems,rattle problems,warning lights on all the time, & on it goes. Plastic & vinyl interior compared to naper leather in Caprice,
Reliability? Caprice walks all over Audi & which costs double the price !!!
Cost of Audi Q7 $115,000.00 plus any extras. Cost of Caprice $60,000.00 all inclusive new including sun roof, DVD screens etc etc.
SOLITARE AUDI ADELAIDE, forget them. They are happy to take your $100,000 & they don't want to know you.
The moral is DO NOT BUY AN AUDI, ESPECIALLY FROM SOLITARE AUDI ADELAIDE

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Great Family Car

The driving experience is great. The dashboard is a little cramped though, especially the glove box, it is a struggle to open it sometimes given the amount of space available after accounting for the legs. It would have been nice to have a compartment for my sunglasses. The car is overall reliable and gets good mileage.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Car has knocking sound issues and electrical problems.

Don't buy this car. After Sales Service is terrible. I purchased a new Audi Q7 S-Line from Springwood Brisbane in June 2017. 4 months later, on the 12 October 2017, there was a fault in the electrical systems and the engine started making knocking sounds. The car has been inspected and removed the engine and stripped.
Found excessive play in cylinder six gudgeon pin causing wear to con rod bearing.
Evidence of bearing swarf found around the engine due to the failure of bearing shell.
The Audi offered me to a replacement of the engine. I asked for replacement of car and after three months have passed, no response from these guys.The Car cost me $110,000. This is how the Audi treats customers.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Best car ever!!!

We owned Audi Q7 over 2 years now. Excellent condition. Other than regular servicing & changing tire we did not spent even 1 single cent on other kinds of repairs etc. Very comfortable for long drive. Love this car. Would love to recommend Audi Q7 if you are looking to buy new car.

Engine Size3.6 FSI
Date PurchasedMay 2015

The best car I have ever had

First part - about Audi Dealership:
I spoke to a few but went to only 2 Audi Dealerships. Second one was Audi Five Dock in Sydney. I was astounded by their knowledge in the car. I met with Nadim and he helped me to finalise a car and also told me that the type of finance I was looking for, they can help. Then I met with Christian. What a wonderful man! He helped me with a difficult finance and now I am driving my Audi Q7! Thanks Audi Five Dock.
Second part - about Audi Q7:
My car is 200KW, with sunroof, Assistance Package, 21 inch wheel. This car drives amazingly and technology is just mind-blowing! Love the sunroof and it is so big. I don't think, I can now live without the Assistance Package. If you are in Sydney and in traffic, you must have this package! Just relax and let the car drive you! The 21 inch wheel looks good but if you are going any off-roading, this is a no. Should've picked a 19 or 20 inch. The car drives amazing! 0-100 amazingly fast 6.5 seconds. Can actually fit 7 adults - may be smaller adults in the last row. More space left compared to other 7 seaters RRS, BMW X5, LandCruiser, Mercedes GLS. I have tried off-roading and even with the road tyres, the quattro pulled the car through a mountain! Love this car, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Family Car that delivers Performance

I took the plunge to purchase a base model 160kw no options version 2016 Q7 in June 2016 after evaluating various options such as, the Volvo XC 90 a top range Mazda CX 9, Land Rover Discovery and BMW X5. One must have was 7 seat option that pretty much cut the X5 out, and the Mercedes only had 7 seats when you got to the GLE which blew the budget some what. As another test i drove the Nissan Pathfinder, which was terrible for me, as i hated the slippery CVT transmission, YUK and terrible driving dynamics.

I am a guy that enjoys good driving dynamics coupled with functionality, and i must say the Q7 left them all for dead with respect to driving dynamics. The 7 seats with power up and down is a breeze to use which still leaves enough room on the boot for a pram and other stuff.

The functionality of the MMI, phone, bluetooth, sat nav are easy and very intuitive, its hard to fault besides the voice control, sometimes it just doesn't understand me. The sound system is great for a base model and the 160kw engine is very perky, its really hard to pick the difference with performance against the 200kw engine.
I would have like the 200kw but the budget didn't allow it.

I usually put this car into corners a bit hard at times just because i like it, and the handling is excellent for a car this size. Look its not like putting a GTI into a corner but for what it is it left avery other SUV for dead with cornering and driving stability with the base model steel springs. Very impressive. Only negative in handling is very slight turbo lag at low speed. However when you compare the strength of this engine 3.0L Turbo diesel 500Nm to the other SUV's i mentioned especially the Volvo, i found that the Q7 engine performs with ease, where the 4cyl Volvo went OK but it felt like it was pushing a 4cyl engine for a SUV.

As far as cabin comfort well its great, sometimes you don't even know the engine is running its that quiet, and the family love it for long drives as its roomy and quite.

Overall i have no regrets purchasing a premium SUV like the Q7, the technology and performance is really prestigious, and i can highly recommend this car. If i had the budget i would buy the SQ7 which is nothing short of an amazing vehicle being a V8 Twin turbo diesel with 900Nm "Insane" which does 0-100 in 4.8sec, with pre spoolers on the Turbo. Awesome car!!!

As you can see i highly recommend this car after 18 months of driving one.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

DIFFERENT AMOUNT FOR THE SAME SERVICE FOR AUDI CAR

Our Q7 has the 30,000 KM (2nd) service, I saw from the reviews about their repair charges or others, so I decided to check before I get the car to service. The first one I phoned to Audi Sunshine Coast and they quote me around A$930 and the other call that I made to Brisbane City Audi, they quoted me the same service around A$1300. Why the same service (doing all the same items) can be a big difference, I really don't know. Wow, we should get a quote before you decided where to go and mostly I cannot see too many good reviews onto the Audi Dealerships services, so WHY WOULD I HAVE TO SPEND THIS AMOUNT FOR NOTHING??????

Engine Size4.2 TDI
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Oil leak

I wish I had never looked for q7.oil leak is just inrepairable. Car is not worth for the money. Fix one leak and it starts leaking from another point car has only done about 90k and this is just absolutely piece of crap . Will never look for another Audi in future and also tell my all friends not to go for anything made from Audi. After sale service is shocking.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Never anything else

I love my car and everyone who knows me will know that I don't let ANYONE else drive it!
It fits all the kids in and makes school drop offs so easy in the morning! haha! It is smooth and as an automatic driver I find it so easy to drive.

BadgeTDI Limited Edition
Engine Size3.0 TFSI
Date PurchasedMay 2016

4.2l TDI Oil Leak

I have a 2010 Audi Q7 and have had it serviced at Audi however, lately I got recommended to a local service Place and these gentlemen brought to my attention Oil Leaks in the car from the right hand side. The local guys told me that the car has extended warranty though National Warranty Service so get the car back to Audi and have them repair the car.

I got a booking after 4 weeks and was told that the hose to the Turbo had a leak and needs to be replaced. That got done however, got a call next day telling me that the Rocker Cover gasket is leaking and in order to change that, 4 injectors need to come out and be replaced and all the rubber seals would need to be changed. National Warranty Service came back and said that gaskets and rubber seals are not covered so I had to pay for that portion of the repair.

What I can't understand that a car worth so much and only 7 years old with 76,000km having leaks in gaskets! Especially on a car that asks so much in price, it's pathetic.

Verdict, I ended up out of pocket $1500.00AUD and Probably will not look at another Audi again.

Engine Size4.2 TDI
Date PurchasedNov 2007
Its been about 2 years and more leaks are found on the car. Can't tell when it will stop. Audi tells me that it is an expensive repair and the engine has to come out. It's come to a point that I don't think its worth keeping the vehicle. This is a big disappointment on Audi. I really think there should be some sort of a quality check on vehicles and brands that charge so much for its products and deliver below average products. At the end, I would say that the vehicle is excellent to drive and amazing comfort but the quality is sub stand. hope no one else falls into my shoe.

Nice, comfortable and smooth

Nice car and so smooth and quiet for a diesel. Have the 160kw model plus sunroof, 360 camera, assist package and 20 inch wheels. Plenty of sensors and self parking is great for a big car. There's plenty of power. So far all good with 5000km. Love the mobile wifi and apple CarPlay is handy. It remembers my seat setting and automatically adjust when I entered if it was changed prior.
The only drawback - 3rd row seats not that big. Lifting the 2nd row ito enter 3rd row is hard - especially for kids to lift and put back down. Lifting the 3rd is easy - just press the button.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not perfect as expected but starting to love it.

Got the Audi Q7 MY17 for 1 year from Audi Indooroopilly. I admit during the first 6 month ownership it had 5 times broke down due to the "Start Stop System Error" followed by "Drive System Error" and the car was put into Limp mode and I have to drive that slowly to the dealership.

I have done a lot of research and seems this problem is very common for the new Q7 and according to the dealership, the problem is caused by DPF.

Honestly for the first 6 month the experience can be described as "terrible" and the car broke down on the 23rd of December which is on the night just before Christmas. however the the service from dealership is "exceptional" and they always keep me in the loop how Audi Australia going to solve this problem.

I have had 5 broken down during the first 6 month of ownership or during the first 10k. However the car seemed self healed/corrected there after. currently my odometer is 17500 km and from 10k to now there was ZERO problem in relation to the DPF.

I am still waiting for Audi Australia's response of "official fix" because I don't want that problem to re occur when my warranty runs out.

I searched and this problem seems only occur on diesel model which explains the DPF plays big part on it.

I give 4 star now but would like to give 5 if I could hear back from Audi Australia.

Other than this problem the car drives ultra smooth and quiet, with the Dynamic mode the car handles close to Porsche cayenne and the car is much much better than X5 in nearly every way.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
My car is now 34000km and the software has been updated at 15000km, since then there was ZERO problem. I would like to give this car a five star.

Love this car

Just picked up a used 2010 Q7 for my wife and we are loving it - we can get 3 bigger car seats across the middle row and the rear seats are actually usable for a 7 seat SUV

The 3.0 TDI engine is powerful, but quite quiet on the road and the MMI system is easy to use, overall it's a great package and a stunning looking vehicle (in my opinion anyway!)

Would highly recommend to anyone with a growing family

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Hi Anyone having issues with brake noise whilst in reverse? A very high pitched squeal. Simon
Ours squeaks when there is a rock stuck, reverse quickly somewhere safe for a few hundred metres should fix it.Hi no but check if you have something stuck in brakesThanks Guys. Audi have inspected and there is no obvious quick fix.

has anybody had any experience with ecu upgrade for q7?

how good will a q7 toe a caravan round australian out back?
i bought my audi q7 200kw to tow my 3 ton caravan so far it has been great for 700klms but i am about to head north and i do not have any second thoughts about my decision so far after my first trip .It will tow a caravan around Australia with ease. The problems with the Q7 are coolant leaks & oil leaks.i have a tdi 4.2 , 2009, had it from new , towed a camper trailer 8000km in 4 weeks with 4 adults and one kid , form longreach on the plenty highway (dirt) to alice springs , then to kings canyon (dirt) then ularu and to cooper pede, the up to birdsville , leaving birdsville after a storm went thru multiple washouts up to 900mm deep, ploughed for 120km thru mud until the road was dry , the Q7 ate the trip , was fantastic , used less diesel than the jap cars on the trip , for the last 3 years ive been towing a off road van 3.3tonne , the ecu has been chipped , the car handles the van at all times and its weight. travels at 110km per hr on the highway with ease and hauls up hills passing all other tow vehicles , it even went up big red at birdsville , suggest u put pirelli all terrain scoripians on it for off road , i run 18" rims , you should have no issues

Q7 4M TDIQ7 4M e-tronQ7 4L FSIQ7 4L SE FSIQ7 4L TDI Limited EditionQ7 4L TDIQ7 4L TFSIQ7 4L TDI Sport
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDiesel and HybridDieselPetrolPetrolDieselDieselPetrolDiesel
Wheels19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy21" Alloy18" Alloy21" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 stars5 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars
Doors55555555
Seats75777777
Fuel Consumption5.9 L/100km1.9 L/100km12.7 L/100km10.7 L/100km7.4 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 85 L75 L100 L100 L100 L100 L100 L100 L
Engine6 Cylinder, 3.0L6 Cylinder, 3.0L6 Cylinder, 3.6L6 Cylinder, 3.0L6 Cylinder, 3.0L
Max Power200kW@4250rpm190kW@4500rpm206kW@6200rpm245kW@6500rpm180kW@4400rpm
Max Torque600Nm@1500-300rpm600Nm@1250-3000rpm360Nm@2500-5000rpm440Nm@2900-5300rpm550Nm@2750rpm
Country of ManufactureSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakia
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,200 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateSep 2015Jan 2017Sep 2006Jan 2007Jan 2009Sep 2006Jan 2010Jan 2014