Audio Technica ATH-ANC9

Audio Technica ATH-ANC9

MPN: ATHANC9

Sound quality is ok, not comfortable at all

Sound quality is only ok for the price. One thing for sure is that this is not comfortable at all. Wear it only for a couple of minutes and I sweat all over. Noise cancellation feature is average, it cancels out a lot of noise from outside, but only mid and high. It doesn't cancel bass a lot.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Can't hear a thing

The Audio Technic ANC9's have saved my life on multiple occasional when flying overseas. If you're a frequent flyer then these beauties won't disappoint you. The ANC9's have three profiles for noise cancelling, including work, home, and of course airplane. The bass on these headphones, though lacking, are very crisp.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Comfy and a good alternative to the Bose QC35

I got this for around half the price of the bose QC35's and maybe their Noise cancellation isn't on par with the Bose's but the sound quality sure is. Usually some headphones are quite tight and difficult to wear for long periods of time but the ANC9's are quite comfortable for extended periods of usage. They are not flimsy like most headphones and come with a hard shell carrying case. The only knock against it is the lack of a built-in battery that can be charged with a cable.

Buy an extended warranty

I bought 2 x pairs of the ANC9 headphones for myself and my wife. They are both just over 12 months old. There was definately a difference between the 2 pairs regarding noise cancelling performace. 1 pair was good but not great and the other was average at best. After 12 months of minimal use 1 pair crackles when working hard i.e. during plane take off. The other pair works okay still but the seams have started to split on the earcups which i expect will cause noise leak. Neither products are covered under warranty after 14 months. I wouldn't recommend this product.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Very great sound.

With the noise cancelling on, the highs and mids are crystal clear and lows has a dynamic sound to it. The noise cancelling doesn't pretty much do a justice on cancelling out most of the environmental noise but still reasonable to know that the noise cancelling capability of this headphone is working and much a cheaper great pair of headphones.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Amazing sound quality

Amazing sound quality & good noise cancellation that you'd come to expect from Audio Technica. Headphones are comfy, has 3 noise cancellation modes and comes with a hard carry case. They are a little larger in size in comparison to the Bose QC35. My only wish is that they would have made these more foldable into a smaller carry case like the Bose as I use these mainly when i travel. The AT's case is also quite big and takes up abit of room in my carry on luggage but they sure make a huge difference with noise cancellation on an air plane, i can get a decent movie in without any disruption or a quiet sleep.

Great noise cancelling earphones

For its price, this is an excellent earphone and rests very comfortably over your ears (no uncomfortable tightness around your ears). The sound quality is excellent and the noise cancellation lasts up to an entire day. The headset itself looks sleek and does not feel bulky/heavy on your head.

Big thumbs up!

Great Headphones

I have been ANC 9 for almost 3 years and can't complain. With rechargeable batteries, ANC9 can be used for around 15 -20 hours, and I have never tried it with non-rechargeable batteries. I have used it in flights many times and noise cancelling is not Bose level, such as QC25 or QC35. But for 200 AUDs, can't complain.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Good sound and isolation for the price

These are my first set of personal of sound cancelling headphones. I find the sound very good for everyday use at my office without needing the noise cancelling, I will turn on the noise cancelling if I have more background noise around me and require more focus. Going from active noise cancelling to passive listening is not the greatest transition, the passive sound is flatter with lows lacking.

The reason for 3 stars is that I have had to send these headphones back 2 times now, after three months of normal office wear the padding started to split and leak the memory foam, making them uncomfortable to wear and deadening the sound.

The same thing happened twice, I am three months in on my third pair now and fingers crossed I will not run into this issue again.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

good alternative to Bose for the price.

The Audio Technical ATH-ANC9 is almost as good as the Bose in terms of comfort and noise cancellation. It's not very compact, although not that much bigger than Bose in my opinion. It comes with a nice case with cables for normal and with a mic. It also has plugs for aeroplanes with is useful. After having it not that long, the ear muffs seem to start to be degrading, which is why it doesn't have 5 stars for me. It has 3 noise cancellation settings, but honestly, it doesn't make a difference. I've been travelling with it and can't travel without it anymore - it is really useful.

Bottom line: if you don't want to spend a lot for a Bose and still want similar quality in noise cancellation & comfort, this is the model to buy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great Budget headphones for office environment

Bought these headphones for use in noisy office environment. The noise cancelling is good, but not required for most activities. The over the ear design muffles most noise well. The are comfortable to wear and the sound quality is good. These aren't Bose headphones or Beats, but they also dont cost as much as these too.

Awesome headphones

I use these to block out the noise of my workmates and it does an amazing job. Nothing will drive you more crazy than a continuious teleconference that you're not in but have to listen to. I use both the passive and active feature but find the active feature gives me a headache after a while. Has great bass and sound. Only problem is the ear cups have come apart at the seem and the foam is exposed, I'm sure I could get new ones but that's been too much effort to date

Date PurchasedAug 2013

quality sound from audio technica

Good quality sound from these noise cancelling audio technica headphones. They have good clarity and excellent bass. External noise is cancelled out very well. They were much cheaper than the Bose and sennheiser. I find them very comfortable to wear. They came with a handy and well designed case. 4 and a half stars.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Awesome Value for money ANC headphones

I'll keep this fairly simple.
I like quality audio equipment and don't mind spending a little extra to get something that sounds great.
I was considering the Bose ANC headphones for travelling but like many, baulked a little at the price, especially when I felt like the audio quality wasn't that great,, noise cancelling awesome, but audio quality just kinda ok.
After finding a couple of reviews for the Audio Technica ATH-ANC9's I went and found a shop that had a demo set on display and was sold the minute I put them on.
The noise cancelling I would say is about the same as the Bose but where these outshine is the audio quality. Immediately I was impressed with how my music sounded, I took them with me on a flight the next day and was blown away at how much ambient noise these cut out and how good the audio reproduction was.
Forget paying $400 for active noise cancelling headphones, get yourself a pair of these you won't regret it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Noise reduction that works

These are quite good in the nice cancelling department and reasonably comfortable to wear. The audio quality is not too bad; certainly not in the "excellent" fidelity department but quite good. If you are really fussy and wish to spend hundreds more then go with the Bose. The build quality is quite good.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Falls short in the endurance

I bought the headphones around 10 months ago, but the foam covering on the headphones have started to come off. For a 230$ pair of headphones I would assume that it would be better built. Apart from this everything is perfect though - the sound quality is great and it's not too heavy to carry around with the case compared to other headphones.

As advertised, very quick shipping

Can't really ask for more than that. Great headphones. With a bit of burn in they sound perfect. Noise cancelling is excellent. Very comfortable and lightweight. Solid build quality. Nice case and accessories. Standard jack on the headphones means I can use my monster 3rd party mic cable (for beats) without issue.
Very good sound, noise cancelling does a great job blocking external sound, very comfortable.

It is one of the best sound quality i have experienced

I am really happy with the headphone. The sound quality is excellent, defiantly makes into my list of top ten headphone I have used. Even though noise cancellation headphone are not known to have good sound quality, Audio Technica stands out as an exception to this concept. This one have good noise cancellation performance as well as great sound quality. Surprisingly the headphone delivers details in a music track that you would never have had heard or noticed before. I regularly used this headphone on a 7 seater twin engine propeller airplane. Even though I could hear the engine sound while using it (I would call it a noise reduction than a canceller, this holds true to all other products including BOSS in this category), Audio Technica effectively reduces the engine noise to the level of 50 dB A (approx.) inside the cabin. Effect of noise further deteriorates while a music is playing through, even at "half volume level" on my i phone 5S. The product is a comparable to Bose quitepoint that it competes with by offering a significantly lower price point .
Sound quality and physical comfort
The noises cancelation is not as good as boss but here i am been too picky

Date PurchasedJun 2012