Aussie Skip Bags

See the Best Rubbish Removals in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Happy customer for many years

As a residential builder I find Aussie skip bags to be a perfect fit to me need. I keep a couple in the ute. No need to arrange delivery, no concerns about scratching the driveway or digging up the grass, adaptable to confined spaces. I have happily used them for many years. Pick up has never been an issue, my local operator is very professional.

Great communication, they picked up the bags with no issues

We ended up filling four Boomer bags for a kitchen renovation. Aussie Skip Bags were quite helpful organising the pick-up and outlining the overweight fee calculation prior to pick-up based off photo I'd sent them.
At four bags it would have been cheaper to order a large skip but I underestimated the volume of material we had to throw out so the convenience of being able to duck down to Bunnings to buy another bag was well worth it.

Returning customer!

Hi,

I’ve used them quite a lot and their customer service has been great over the course of our renovation. The drivers are also very courteous.

They will take your money and that's about it - DO NOT USE

They took payment online ($260). One week went by with nothing. Multiple calls led to multiple excuses and still no results. I even chose a postcode in another state so i could speak to someone and still more excuses and broken promises. Three emails sent to their enquirers email, all went unanswered.
Had to pay another company $400 to come and pick up the bag.
Finally went and saw my local Bunnings store manager, showed them the history and emails, they were disgusted and arranged a full refund for me. Even provided a voucher for the inconvenience.
My advise to Bunnings, stop stocking this product.
My advise to potential customers - DO NOT USE AUSSIE SKIP BAGS find someone else

Don't count on your bag being picked up!

We have used Aussie Skip Bags three times. The first two times it was great. The third time a disaster. They were almost impossible to contact after taking our money for pick up. Phone calls, emails, were unanswered and no one got back to us. The only way we finally got in contact with the company was via facebook messenger. Even then we were given bad excuses why the bag couldn't be picked up. We ended up having to pay another company to deliver a metal skip and we had to transfer the contents of the skip bag by hand into the metal skip. Completely defeated the purpose of why we purchased the skip bag.
We will be contacting Bunnings regarding the experience as they are effectively selling a product they can't be used as intended.

Avoid.

Bought from Bunnings. Very difficult to contact and organise pickup. As others have suggested they start slinging additional costs from nowhere, demand additional payments in cash or they'll leave and be forced to charge double for a return trip. No receipts provided for additional payment.

No way to contact them, no reply, no pick-up, total scam

I bought the bag from Bunnings and let AussieSkipBags have a week's warning - in fact they choose the day at the end of the following week for pick up. I share a driveway with my neighbour so I placed the bag on my side of the driveway but it slightly restricted our access. To ensure my neighbour wasn't inconvenienced I attempted to contact AussieSkipBags the day before to ensure pickup was as they had scheduled. By phone several times and by email but the phone was never answered and their email crashed every time I tried to send a message! The following day, the day of pickup, I attempted to contact them dozens of times during the afternoon by phone (yep no answer) and by email (yep it kept crashing)!
After reading masses of adverse comments on this and other sites I contacted the Bunnings where I'd purchased the bag. Spoke to the manager who contacted his buyer and they somehow left a message for AussieSkipBags to contact me.
Yep, still waiting for AussieSkipBags to get back to me. Yep their bag is still up there on the driveway waiting for pickup.
So first thing on Monday morning I start an action through VCAT/Consumer Affairs and I also intend approaching both Bunnings and Mitre 10 to ensure they remove these turkey bags from sale.

Really easy and practical

I have had three collections now. Really reasonably priced. Was an easy alternative to a skip bin for minor renovation rubbish removal and also spring clean of the house. I was really happy and surprised how much weight the bag could take!!

Never use this bunch of amateurs.

The giant pink bag has been on my footpath for two weeks. Calls and emails unanswered. Never use this business. I just hate saying this but they deserve to go broke.

This is terrible absolutely no service

I paid for bag pick up which I was told would happen within a week the week has gone by and still no pickup. Called and texted contact number several times with no reply am now asking for my money to be reimbursed.

Did not pick up our bags

Failed to pick up our bags. We had to arrange for another company to collect after sitting in our driveway for two weeks. Cost - $600

At this stage Aussie Skip Bags have not reimbursed us for the $480 that they processed without picking up the bags. it has now been one week since we were promised that the money would be put back in our accounts.

Too expensive if there is any alternative.

The total cost for a 2m3 bag from Dromana is more than $500. We had less than half a bag of mainly 2m long corrugated iron. After buying the bag we discovered this is a very expensive option for our situation.

A great alternative to a Skip Bin

We work with people to declutter their homes, and this process can take a long time. Having a skip bin on site for months is not a financially viable option, but an Aussie Skip Bag is. Available at local hardware stores, BPs etc. means it's easy to pick one up. They can handle a good amount of junk and are really heavy duty. We keep these in our cars for our clients and they have been a real life saver when doing a big cull at a property. Pick up is quick and Mark (our local Franchise owner in Brisbane) is a great bloke.

Terrible

I ordered and paid for a skip bag 8 days ago- still no sign of it. Tried calling, it’s an automated service where you a transferred to local supplies who is only contactable by text!! Do they even exist?? Would never use this service again.

Online trading scam?

Order placed online early March 2018, informed by Sales Manager, [name removed] it was 'with a courier' just over a week later and nothing to show for it 2 weeks after that.

Don't even know if it's scam or not?

Placed an online order last weekend and called them next Monday. Then I've found out that they are sending the Boomer bag by express post from Canberra, although the company claims that they are operating from Qld. That it might take three working days (first disappointment), now it's a week later and still did not receive the 'express delivery'!
Than I've found out that their pickup charges are some $80 more expensive than a metal skip bin of the same capacity.
I've just emailed them for a refund.
Waiting to see how 'prompt' they'll be with their reply and come back here with another review.

Aussie Skip Bags

We found this company online and they told us to go to bunnings to buy the skip bag and fill it up. They have pick up price per bag on their website which we thought was a fair price. The driver "[Name Removed]" is a very angry and rude man. All he was interested in was trying to charge us more than what the price on the website confirmed. He had a list of stories where other customers were not happy and ended up being more expensive than a regular skip bin. These guys are a rip off