Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

workable

My setup was easy, I had two travel SIMs. Also the support were great, they transferred credit to the other SIM when I needed that. The Android app is quite good.

TravelSIM can be a touch expensive .. a recharge of the SIM doesn't automatically include data which apparently is extra. If there was a credit option less than $25 ... you just have to watch usage while overseas.

Purchased in April 2019.

This product does not seem to work without spending your whole holiday on the phone to customer service

I purchased and activated this sim today, worked for about 10 minutes then stopped. I've been on hold for over an hour for the customer service. After spending $25 on the sim, then another $30 on credits the service has completely stopped. extremely disappointing.

The pre departure pack i purchased was never applied to my account and the solution I was offered by customer service was to just not use data. Until I go overseas.

as soon as I arrived overseas the issues continued. The data pack I purchased didn’t seem effective, and any data use came off the overseas credit (very quickly). Still awaiting on resolution but after having to contact customer service 3 times before departing, and immediately after arriving overseas I don’t have very much faith that this product will work at all.

Purchased in May 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $55.00.

Avoid like the plague

After many failed attempts to get on line help after 25 minutes waiting eventually got customer support on phone.
They could not email me back as they had a ( technical ) issue their end.
Eventually they managed manually to confirm my pin & informed me that I had not in fact run out of data after initially saying I had a zero balance.
Managing the card whilst in Aussie is difficult - from overseas it is a disaster.
Get your act together AP !

Purchased in May 2019 for $50.00.

Do not buy this if you are going to Mexico!

I used this sim previously in Europe without too many problems, so topped up to take to Mexico. Tried some ‘dry run’ calls at home before we left, all OK. First time I tried to use in Mexico, couldn’t connect. After an hour or so of waiting to get advice & retrying, all seemed OK, (I tried the hotel landline & it worked). Next call was to a mobile, unable to connect, grr! (My husband used his telstra phone as we had no other option.) After waiting for assistance again, another hour or so, plus half an hour of ‘help’ that proved useless, I gave up in frustration. (The assistant insisted I’d dialled an incorrect number despite me telling her that my husband had dialled the exact same number on his telstra phone successfully.) Anyway, after more time consuming online research, thank goodness we had access to the hotel wifi, I found a site that explains the ‘complications’ of dialling Mexican phone numbers. Landline, reasonably straightforward but mobiles, not so much! I’ve since been successful, most of the time but, I admit, I haven’t used it much because I don’t have confidence it will (always) work as it should. What I’m annoyed about is why don’t the ‘help’ people know about Mexico specific issues with calls to mobiles? How is it that I can find this information, but, apparently, they can’t or don’t care enough to bother. Who wants this kind of angst while travelling? If you’re thinking of going to Mexico, don’t rely on this sim or on their helpline. Below is the information about phone calls in Mexico.

Purchased in February 2014 at Australia Post Offices.

Shocking product and service.

Purchased the Travel Sim card for a trip to the UK to save on roaming fees. It has been a disaster from day one. New version of card could not be activated Online the app does not work. Subsequently I have had to purchase another phone and Sim to keep in contact with my family. You will be hearing from me when I return. I expect a full refund.

Purchased in April 2019.

It has got to Improve

8am yesterday - Online activation did not result in the promised email within 15 mins.
2 hours later I called help line .. and of course was put on hold ! They called back 45 mins later (they were busy ...sigh). "Yes activation did not work" - so they did it manually.
and the app did not work "Oh that app won't work with the new sim - we are waiting on a new app to be released" ... "No it wont be released before you travel" - sigh

I try to log on via the web and the account is 'screwed up'. Another call .. and another call back.

Yes they confirm app won't work and the web site doesn't work and is being repaired ... another sigh.
Web site should be back up "in a few hours".

It is now after 2pm .. many hours spent on the phone and waiting for call back. (Lesson - don't leave it till day before you travel to test it out !)

Well 25 hours later - the web site is still corrupt and the App doesn't work. I called them and (surprise surprise) - they are busy.
They call back and advise I could check balance by txt. 15 mins later still waiting on txt.
But they are still selling and their sales team ARE aware some functions do not work.
Not many of their claims have come true to date.

Purchased in May 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

The worst product I have ever tried to use

I purchased 2 prepaid travel sim cards recently for a trip to the UK. I got a message in Singapore (the airport) which is like a welcome (I was going to be 4hrs late so I needed to send a text message which I was able to do at the cost of about $1 per text - this was in the message I received). In the UK I did not get the welcome to UK/Europe (there was nothing) - as a result, I was unable to use the internet for my entire visit. I was completely blind without any assistance from my travel sim except that I used pretty much all my credit (about $30) sending messages instead of using the internet. I contacted the chat line - they helped me with one part, then told me Im all good - no so about the internet. 12 hours before I departed the country I got the UK welcome message. VERY angry. I have an upcoming trip and I do not want to rely on a defective product. I contacted the chat line again and asked for a refund but I have been ignored. This is why I have posted this terrible product review.

Purchased in March 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $50.00.

Useless

Set-up was seamless. The problem was I was asked to recharge almost as soon as I activated the sim card. I knew beforehand that I only get a $5 credit from my initial purchase of the card, but that instantaneous? I don't even remember using it. Then, I recharged for a $25 credit and I ran out of data within a 12-hour period notwithstanding the fact that I rarely used it within that period. By then, I knew it would just be a waste of money to continue using it. Thank goodness for Starbucks!

Purchased in February 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Useless

I loaded the software and sim and made 2 calls and 2 texts WITHIN AUSTRALIA and my balance formerly $50 was now zero
So I threw it away a total waste of time and money.

Purchased in December 2017 at Australia Post Offices.

We are sorry to hear that Geoff, can you please PM your number so we can check what happened.

Aust. Post Prepaid Sim - responsive usage

I found the setting up a little complex but my phone is fairly old, it is a 3G. Phoning in Europe in Spain, Portugal and Malta to Australia was not a problem at all. Texting was just as easy, however, when in Malta texting did not always work when texting locally. Texting to Australia from Malta was very good. I will use it again.

Thank you for your review Gzira, really appreciate it.That's OK thanks

Very Expensive

I stopped over in Abu Dhabi for a couple of hours and spent almost 100 AUD. I won’t use it again

So sorry for this experience Nino, please stay tuned, we are negotiating a change of rates for the UAE and hope to have a better offer soon.

Easy to use, easy to recharge, great value

I use a separate mobile for overseas travel and I purchased a Aust Post Prepaid Travel Sim two years ago so anytime I am traveling I just recharge the sim card. So easy to set up, select the country/ region you are travelling in and you are connected. Aust Post send reminder emails to top up when you are not traveling so you are always aware of the balance. Great value and easy to keep in touch no matter where you are.

We love to hear about happy customers, Tess. Thanks for choosing TravelSim and we hope to travel again with you very soon!

Can't travel without it.

Simple and easy to use reloads easily whilst overseas, never had a drama and great to keep in touch with the kids.
traveled down the Rhine recently and it auto advises what the charges are for each country. only downside is to remember to load a few dollars every six months or you lose the credit you have. 10/10

We really appreciate your review and are so happy to hear you enjoyed using TravelSIM. Thanks so much :)

Use your existing carrier’s internal roaming packages

Where to start? Had two sims on a recent Europe trip, one of which never received any texts, not even ones from the AusPost service saying what the charges were in each country (the other did every time a new country was entered into)

The roaming service is absolute garbage. 3G only and lost all signal just entering a restaurant, where everyone around had service/signal and was using their phones as per normal.

Long story short: don’t waste your time and money, cheap because it’s crap. Get an international package with your existing carrier.

Australia Post Official We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with a review. Please know we are available 24/7 on 1300881710 if you wish to discuss at all with an agent. Thanks so much.

Best I have used.

I have used many SIMS, from travel firms, marketers at airport or prepaid at a destination. All had failings worst refusing single payments defaulting to monthly recharge requiring credit card details. Australia Post Sim hassle free seamless connection, helpful 24/7 support.
"Don't leave home without it!"

Thank you for your review, we love that we can help people keep in touch easily while travelling overseas. Can't wait to travel with you again soon!Do not go over the top . The sim works. It was recommended to me by a work colleague and my thanks to her. I will juice up my account and be off on another trip soon. Thank you Australia Post Travel Sim, I trust I get as much support from a motoring club with R*** post code 3*** about my late membership payment. There monthly magazine "adszine" would be an ideal place to advice overseas travelers who are independently minded to be aware of your service. Can you get an old Post Office van to stick in a Bourke Street window? Something before it has the words "contractor" on the side or a postie bike, not with an electric motor! Kick your marketing people into gear.

Love it!

Easy to set up, seamless to use, reasonable rates, and excellent customer service. A much better alternative to using global roaming with your usual phone carrier. I definitely recommend it!

We really appreciate your review. Thanks for recommending us!

The perfect travel companion

I used the double sim pack in two spare smartphones while on holidays in the USA. Txt messages between the phones were free. I had no problems making calls. This was perfect for communicating with my partner, while we were both overseas. There was no data package, but I just used wifi when needed.

We love to hear from our happy customers, Margo. Thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Simplicity

Simple and easy to use, does what it is suppose to. Overall pretty happy although there was some technical unreliability, I did not use it that much though - probably would only for long trips where communication is vital.

We really appreciate your review. Please know we are available 24/7 on 1300881710 if you wish to discuss at all with an agent. Thanks so much :)

So easy to,use!

In my late 60's, I don't use a lot of technology but I found this app easy to use and I found the top up feature easy to use overseas.

We do strive to offer an easy and effective service for our customers. Thank you Evamay and we hope to travel again with you soon!

Completely unreliable.

Bought 3 Sims (2 for phones and 1 for iPad). Cost well over $200 including data.
The iPad data was OK, however the Android phone would not work for calls or data around 80% of the time, and the iPhone was also very patchy. Even dialling through the app, calls were not connecting, and the txts between the phones were taking between 2 and 5 days to come through. Completely unreliable.
Also, a few day into the trip, I had not made any successful calls at all from the Android, and was horrified to see over $20 in calls charged to the sim.
Had traveled for 2 months around Italy on a previous trip and just gabbed Sims at the airport on landing. Totally reliable and far cheaper. Will just do this next time.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience with the TravelSIM. If you would like to discuss your experience with an agent over the phone. You can call us on 1300881710. Our helpline is available 24/7 to help you.

Can I use my aust post sim for local calls in india

I’m off to Canada next month do I need to purchased the $25 starter kit and the $50 kit or can I just purchase the $50 one and will it work without having problems
I personally would not use this sim for Canada. The USA and Canada are on a different zone - so you would need to check to see if you could use this sim. My experience has been appalling using this sim in the UK. Good luckI have bought one before and I would not do it again. I practically didn't get any of my money's worth. If I were you, I'd try the other travel sims.

Hi I am off to Dubai then England Scotland Ireland &Wales then Switzerland would you recommend the Australia Post prepaid sim for my phone its a Samsung s8. I dont make phone calls if i can help it but text my elderly mum and mother -in -law at least daily if not twice daily I also use facebook regularly
I will never use this sim-card again once my credit is nil. It is a shocking service. A friend oversees. A friend text me and the message arrived 2 days after I arrived back in Australia. Most of the time my family in Malaysia got the massage :No Connection". I tried-test to call a friend sitting opposite me and she got it 2 days later. That is discusting. A call to prepaid travel-sim and they said it is not possible but it happened many times. It is useless in an emergency

Similar listings