Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Rates and Fees

Prakash Indorkar

Prakash IndorkarPerth, WA

Not bad, something is better than nothing

I find it ok. Some times no service but you get service as promised. I purchased data pack. Speed was bit slow though, but what more you want. No complains.

Purchased in December 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Adam B.

Adam B.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless - Do not buy

Terrible product:
* No voicemail
* Ridiculous overpriced rates both in Australia and overseas for both incoming and outgoing calls
* Randomly directed me to update the SIM card after a few months - very disorganized on their part
* When I was overseas (in New Zealand!) they sent a message that I should respond with my return date or implying they would discontinue the service if not - it is supposed to be a 'TRAVEL' SIM. The icing on the cake was that I couldn't respond to the message as MMS was not activated on the service.
Repeat: Terrible product - Useless for travellers - Do not buy

FrankieP

FrankiePGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT BOTHER WITH AUSPOST SIM!!!!

I’m another angry Auspost SIM customer. It was an absolute nightmare to use in any and every Zone 1 and 2 country I travelled to.
I researched this SIM’s benefits and selected it for its promise of seamless call access through both zones, but no!!! it took an average of 3 days to sync in every city we visited. Useless!!!!! We were flying in and out of countries every 3-4 days.
It still managed to chew up $80 worth of (call and data) credit, despite not being able to make a single phone call!!! And it is astonishing that there is no way to view a call log to review where money has been spent.
Clearly, this SIM needs to be deleted from the market place. I am only one of many, many similar complaints. See more below..

Purchased in December 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $100.00.

NonieSydney, NSW

Keeps losing service in US and takes a very long time to port numbers

Bought 4 SIM cards - only two ported within 4 days, 1 while we were already overseas, and one never ported (it has been over 2 weeks). Calls and data lose signal constantly in US.

Purchased in December 2019 for $100.00.

KerriSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cool service at kathmandu

Great, worked kathmandu nepal @ top of hill @ kopan, dropped out too & came back though, but pleased worked at all, only used half gig over weeks there as did $25 data pack & used $5cr for texts.
Using messenger & WhatsApp for calls if add country code & state code without the zero eg 07 qld add +61 aus then 7 then business number worked via WhatsApp for free to call travel agent, so surprised it worked & so was he.
Texting worked fine too, but if add their country code.
Ps need data roaming on, I'm guessing location, data & maybe wifi just incase & I didn't use power saver as I'd heard affects signal.
Thanks aus post people :) I'm happy

Purchased in November 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Mike

Neverending problems but nice customer service people

Jeff

JeffPerth, WA

Very unreliable.

Sometimes it worked other times it didn't. Had to constantly reboot phone and login screen would freeze all the time. Not a phone problem because everything else worked fine. Would not recommend and also very expensive.

Purchased at Australia Post Offices for $105.00.

Lenz

LenzSydney

Cumbersome, expensive and not worth the grief

Purchased in May 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $50.00.

Marge

MargeVictoria

Not happy ... left high a dry with little service

Purchased in October 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $50.00.

Emma Black

Emma BlackVictoria

Worst travel SIM I have ever used.

Purchased in October 2019 at Australia Post Offices.

Angela

AngelaCanberra 2600, ACT

Useless

Purchased in October 2019 for $80.00.

WAYNE

WAYNESouth-Eastern Region, NSW

worst travel sim i have used

brought travelsim from aust post counter was advised to purchase more credit which i did and was advise to activate sim before i left Australia it took 1 hr to activate set up account redeem voucher 2hrs after activation recieved a sms saying all credit was used up i went to site chatted with Miria who advised that data usage was all used up i just wasted $45 and didnt even use phone check of data used on ph was app for travelsim 584 mb @ 15cent mb =$8.76 not $33.63 operator said i need to purchase more credit otherwise account is suspended noway its a easy way of making money

Purchased in October 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $45.00.

Michelle R.

Michelle R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ok but could be better

Easy to set up with free app & can choose new phone number or keep existing number. Login is too much - enter password then have to enter email & another password on 2nd screen. Doesn't show updated balance for a few days. Call & data rates competitive

Purchased in September 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Jane B.

Jane B.Perth, WA

Useless, didnt work.

Bought the Australia Post travel sim for $25 plus a $25 recharge. Tried and tried but could not get it to work, total waste of $50. Bought a Vodafone sim locally with 1.5g Data and 200 mins for just NZ$29 and it worked instantly. Save your money and buy on arrival.

Purchased in October 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $50.00.

Caedmon

Caedmon

Didn't work

I bought an Australia Post travel SIM for use in New Zealand. I couldn't activate it, and was told on a chat line that it was being blocked by Optus. As I own my mobile phone outright I thought that this should be impossible. When I got back to Australia I went to an Optus shop and was told that my mobile hadn't been blocked by Optus at all.

Purchased in September 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Liz

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

Used the travel sim in Europe & London in December 18 & May 19 no problems. Had to recharge for NZ now & it will not work. Why? I rang my friend & number shows as coming from UK. I cannot ring numbers in NZ.

Purchased in August 2019 for $75.00.

Andrew

AndrewGippsland, VIC

total failure to deliver

bought 2 sims so my wife & i could contact each other if we got separated in UK.
hers worked so she could send sms to me but i couldn't respond or send sms to her.
found that the app on website was wrong, they allocated additional numbers as backup as they were having technical issues, but that was no comfort while abroad. Spent time on the phone to Australia trying to get problems sorted out.
Don't waste your money. should have taken the advice of the Optus salesrep and bought a phone when we got overseas

Purchased in August 2019 at australia post shop for $50.00.

Trevor

TrevorQueensland

What has Happened to this product?

SallyAdelaide

SallyAdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Australia Post should be ashamed to endorse this product

Purchased in June 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $100.00.

DazB

DazBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Aussie Post International Sim worked a treat

Just returned from Europe, England France and Italy.. The Australia Post TravelSIM worked perfectly in all the Countries above.. Didn’t chew too much data when using google maps and basic searches, Would definitely recommend it.