Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

Listing monitored by Australia Post

• Rates and Fees

Ware of money

I purchased 2 and Auspost advised me to connect the day before going to Canada. That worked OK but upon arrival nothing but trouble. Only 1 worked one time I could not connect to get help. Even a local phone tech tried. Buy a SIM card overseas. They will connect you and offer support.

Purchased in January 2020.

Rates and Fees
Unhappy Consumer
Unhappy ConsumerSydney, NSW

Service is unreliable

I have used a sim-only plan through AusPost Mobile for my son's iPhone for 7 months. In this time we have had at least 4 occasions when either the data or calls (or both) have stopped working for days on end, leaving us unable to contact him in emergencies and vice versa. When you call them they tell you your account has been barred for no apparent reason because there is a system glitch and they will fix it. But yet it happens time and time again. No apologies, no compensation for the time it is not working. My advice is to pay a little extra and use a reliable provider.

Purchased in April 2020.

Gillian I.
Gillian I.New South Wales

Rip off . Do not buy it.

I bought the 25$ deal. Have not been able to make calls. Recharge does not take effect. The usage history is not accurate and to make matters worse I can not contact customer support. The message I keep getting us all in working hours when I am and have been for days. Wasted money and extremely dissatisfied.

Purchased in April 2020 at Aussie post Cowra.

Bead
Bead

terrible product

I bought an Aust Post TravelSim in May 2019 and tried using it in vietnam and Cambodia in Feb 2020 but didn't work at all. Had $31.20 credit plus $25 zone 1 data pack. Nothing worked. contracted TravelSim when I got back in March 2020 to get a refund and they agreed to refund but kept delaying it. Contacted them 5 times to ask where is refund - always "in the post". Then on 5 July 2020 found out Aust Post TravelSim is in administration and I won't get my refund as agreed to in March. I notice Aust Post is still selling FlexiSim (same thing). so much for the Aust Post brand - isn't worth anything.

Purchased in February 2020 at Australia Post Offices for $81.20.

coogeeguy1
coogeeguy1

Great Sim - Everything I need

I bought this sim in January.

The features of the sim has everything I need. It rolls over and the ability to port my number over was very handy. Great customer service on the phone line. I will be recharging.

GJL
GJLCentral West, NSW

Can’t understand why all the complaints

I have had great experience with the service ,including help lines, and I have been very happy with the reasonable call charges.
Only problem was unwanted data using my credit. However that was easily fixed, on Travel SIM’s advice, by my changing my travel phone settings to turn off the data usage.
Travel SIM now issue Australian rather than Estonian phone numbers too.

Purchased in August 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $45.00.

Cath
CathCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible do not buy - would rate no stars if possible!

Have only been able to make a couple of phone calls and then I went into negative balance. Loaded the min $25 credit (for calls) and $25 for data the had no access at all. Tried getting help on the 24/7 line and via email - no response! This is a terrible rip off, and a let down when most needed. Do not buy!

Purchased in August 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $75.00.

Efrtee
EfrteeVictor Harbor

Australia Post Travel Sim( prepaid)

This was not good value for money. Frequent recording” experiencing heavy traffic, call back later” when not convenient to do so.?not enough bandwidth?
Couldn’t send emails to Australia(home carrier is Telstra)but no advice/ warning about how to solve this issue. Need to keep recharging account every 6 months or lose it,especially when no plans to go overseas for longer interval. Could not recommend this product.

Mark
MarkSydney, NSW

the worst service ever

This service should be stopped. I could not get service for data, or text messages or internet or phone calls in Ecuador, Chile and Peru. It was dangerous because I could not use maps in these dangerous countries. My business suffered also because of the lack of service - they just keep asking for more money. It might sound cheap but you get what you pay for. DO NOT USE IT.

Purchased in November 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $155.00.

Pathetic

in fours weeks the 3 sim cards i purchased were very useless 8 times our service went down with no internet no calls & no text for several days at a time, was always told its fixed but broke down again straight away, i have lodged complaint and request for full refund, the flexisim is a piece of junk you will be sadly dissappointed.

Purchased in January 2020.

alimo
alimoEyre Peninsula, SA

Useless

I put the SIM in the phone in Australia, all working OK. Could not use at the airport in China neither could I use either phone or data in UK where I spent most of my time. Wasted an awful lot of money on SIM and data pack. Ended up buying a cheap phone in UK and PAYG

Purchased in August 2019 for $165.00.

Prakash Indorkar
Prakash IndorkarPerth, WA

Not bad, something is better than nothing

I find it ok. Some times no service but you get service as promised. I purchased data pack. Speed was bit slow though, but what more you want. No complains.

Purchased in December 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

Adam B.
Adam B.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless - Do not buy

Terrible product:
* No voicemail
* Ridiculous overpriced rates both in Australia and overseas for both incoming and outgoing calls
* Randomly directed me to update the SIM card after a few months - very disorganized on their part
* When I was overseas (in New Zealand!) they sent a message that I should respond with my return date or implying they would discontinue the service if not - it is supposed to be a 'TRAVEL' SIM. The icing on the cake was that I couldn't respond to the message as MMS was not activated on the service.
Repeat: Terrible product - Useless for travellers - Do not buy

FrankieP
FrankiePGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT BOTHER WITH AUSPOST SIM!!!!

I’m another angry Auspost SIM customer. It was an absolute nightmare to use in any and every Zone 1 and 2 country I travelled to.
I researched this SIM’s benefits and selected it for its promise of seamless call access through both zones, but no!!! it took an average of 3 days to sync in every city we visited. Useless!!!!! We were flying in and out of countries every 3-4 days.
It still managed to chew up $80 worth of (call and data) credit, despite not being able to make a single phone call!!! And it is astonishing that there is no way to view a call log to review where money has been spent.
Clearly, this SIM needs to be deleted from the market place. I am only one of many, many similar complaints. See more below..

Purchased in December 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $100.00.

Nonie
NonieSydney, NSW

Keeps losing service in US and takes a very long time to port numbers

Bought 4 SIM cards - only two ported within 4 days, 1 while we were already overseas, and one never ported (it has been over 2 weeks). Calls and data lose signal constantly in US.

Purchased in December 2019 for $100.00.

John W.
John W.asked

Hi there my number is 0481896881 I can not make out going calls

Casey K.Australia Post

Hi John,

I wouldn't recommend posting your mobile number here as this is a public website and anyone can view it.

I'm really sorry but I'm not able to pass your number on to the TravelSIM team. They are a separate team to the Aus Post customer service team and the only way to reach them is on 1300 881 710.

If this is in regards to a balance refund, there is no time limit for this to be processed so I'd recommend calling that number once you are able to make out going calls.

Caspar L.
Caspar L.asked

Hi,

I received the email on 11 March 2021 to advise that the service will be ending. But I am not in AUS, how can I keep the number working without auspost travelSIM service? Any advice to keep the existing TravelSIM card and number, but transfer to another service provider but not in Australia?

Alice F.Australia Post

Hi Caspar,

I'm afraid that the card itself you won't be able to keep using, but if you reach out to some other Travel SIM or local phone providers, you can ask about transferring the number to their services.

Alice

Kateasked

Does Australia Post TravelSIM give refunds for unused credit? I have received an email (March 2021) asking me to ring the advertised number and give my bank details to receive such a credit.

Casey K.Australia Post

Hi Kate,

Yes, TravelSIM customers were contacted via email on 11 March 2021 to advise that the service will be ending.

TravelSIM's phone number is 1300 881 710 so if that's the number they are advising you to call in the email you received then yes, it's all good :)

Thanks Kate.