Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

Australia Post Prepaid TravelSIM

Andrew

AndrewGippsland, VIC

total failure to deliver

bought 2 sims so my wife & i could contact each other if we got separated in UK.
hers worked so she could send sms to me but i couldn't respond or send sms to her.
found that the app on website was wrong, they allocated additional numbers as backup as they were having technical issues, but that was no comfort while abroad. Spent time on the phone to Australia trying to get problems sorted out.
Don't waste your money. should have taken the advice of the Optus salesrep and bought a phone when we got overseas

Purchased in August 2019 at australia post shop for $50.00.

Trevor

TrevorQueensland

What has Happened to this product?

SallyAdelaide

SallyAdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Australia Post should be ashamed to endorse this product

Purchased in June 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $100.00.

DazBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Aussie Post International Sim worked a treat

Just returned from Europe, England France and Italy.. The Australia Post TravelSIM worked perfectly in all the Countries above.. Didn’t chew too much data when using google maps and basic searches, Would definitely recommend it.

Steve NapierPerth, WA

Unusable

NOT RECOMENDED.
As with other bad reviews my service was usless in Western Europe as despite having activated and tested the SIM in Aus any O/S attempts failed. All phone settings were tried and both SIM slots used also. The only messages received were to advise of new country and "beware excess data and call charges may occurr....". In the last week of 4 weeks I was able to use messaging and thats where $4.50 of the $35 was accounted, however the full amount was deducted and it still keeps showing $3/week incrementing in debt ! Use WhatsApp or similar when you have WiFi as that worked for the most part as an alternative.

Purchased in August 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $60.00.

Graham2821Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Save your money

Bought 2 Australia Post travel SIM's to go to to Europe. Had a great deal of trouble getting it to work. Their tech help was very good, after numerous calls it worked. However we found it expensive 25c/min for calls and 25/text to make and to RECEIVE unless your call is to/from an Australia Post travel SIM when there is no charge. Save your money and buy a SIM in the country you are going to. We bought one in the UK for 15 pounds ($A27) which had 5GB data and 500 mins of calls with NO addition charges, 30 days expiry, when we renewed the data rolled over. It worked well throughout the UK and EU and didn't need to contact their help desk to set up.

Purchased in June 2019 at Australia Post Offices.

Waste of time a Rip off

Bought it used it in Prague topped it up online the credit never came through tried to ring and email and no response just buy a SIM card overseas easier and cheaper

andrewh

andrewhmelbourne

They cancel your account and your funds are unrecoverable.

Vetti

VettiDarling Downs, QLD

Just too hard

Purchased the sim for data in Canada. Had to call the help line to activate it as the language was not clear about which of the many codes we were issued was correct. Didn't work when we arrived in Canada- Help line again. Data meter went from full to zero without using it. Didn't work when we tried to reload and left us stranded without maps for 6hrs waiting for reload to update. This is NOT a good product.

Purchased in June 2019 for $165.00.

Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

Meant to be easy but it isn't.

Works finer overseas (UK) for calls and SMS but data roaming failed. Still trying to work out why. Tried all the tricks, such as turned data on, turned phone off then on again, etc. Possibly to do with the Access Point Names settings. Instructions are lacking. Found an old user guide about how to set the APN but not sure if it's still valid. Never again will I use TravelSIM. Better to stick with the original service provider and pay up for data roaming, which isn't that unreasonable these days.

Purchased in September 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $75.00.

Kmr

KmrSydney, NSW

very expensive and deceptive advertising

the australia post SIM card advertises $25 for 1 gig of data, but doesnt make it clear that your initial purchase of $25 is only for the SIM., You need to spend another $25 to get the data. So the total cost of $50 makes it very very expensive compared to buying a SIM at foreign airports on arrival. The US, Canada, Europe, NZ and Singaporean airports all offer monthly data and phone deals for $20-30. The auspost sim is only OK if you want the convenience of buying it before you leave.

Purchased in August 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $25.00.

David Canberra

David CanberraCanberra

Didn't work, not even able to receive SMS.

Purchased in August 2019.

Roger

RogerMacGregor 2615, ACT

Does the job, good support experience

My travel Australia Post prepaid travel SIMs have done what they needed to do with phone and data services. I once lost a printed credit voucher before applying it (my fault). I was able to get a reprint of the transaction from the Australia Post outlet, then got the top-up from the support centre with no arguments (after some initial confusion). On my first time with the SIM I wasn't warned that the phone service doesn't always work in the normal way. When making a call, you sometimes get a call back rather than an immediate answer from the other end, and that confused me a lot at first.

Purchased in June 2019 for $150.00.

Useless and waste of money

Purchased in July 2019.

corinnestrathalbyn

I love this Travelsim

My husband & myself bought a "travel sim" SD card, just before we went overseas for the first time. It had been recommended to us by a friend & we found it amazing. Cheap, reliable, easy to use, rates were just so cheap compared to other ways to keep in touch ie Roaming, which is very expensive. We were able to contact each other easily if we were in different areas of large buildings, churches etc. We can use them in Australia to ring overseas at a cheap rate, or just use it for any phone calls. The help line is open 24/7 & you can reach them on Email or by phone anytime of the day or night. We would NEVER travel without our Travelsim!!!

Purchased in December 2011 at Australia Post Offices for $50.00.

not a good start

Activated the sim. Belatedly thought to ask for the Phonenumber. Awkward! Message from them. We'll get right back to you. 3days later still waiting and I've had to call. Again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $30.00.

Vaughan

Vaughan

Shocking waste of money!

Purchased in July 2019 for $25.00.

Jen P.

Jen P.Perth, WA

Worst product - AVOID!

Purchased in June 2019 at Australia Post Offices.

Waste of time and money

I hoped to use this to contact my brother (mobile) while in Switzerland and Germany, and to use in England for mobile to mobile calls with family. Either there is something I don't understand, or it is way too complicated, but I didn't succeed in making one succesful call, nor was my brother able to contact me on the number I was assigned. Once I got to England (failed again) I just threw it out and got a local sim which worked fine with unlimited calls for free after initial purchase.

Purchased in June 2019 for $25.00.

BMW

BMWPerth, WA

Useless

I thought I purchased a trustworthy Australia post product....wrong. I could not access data while in Europe and only was able connect while in hotel and other cafe areas. Had an issues with maps although I downloaded all areas before I left. Just when i needed it the most it just let me down. Another person travelling with me, bought their sim while over there and worked so much better than mine. Useless product.

Purchased in May 2019 for $25.00.

twillm

twillmasked

I have purchased 2 travel sims from local post office for use in malta and northern cyprus. We are departing on the 2nd november. When should i install the sim and activate?

DazB

I just did it on the plane before landing at Heathrow.

Graham2821

You could install but from what I remember the time left for using the SIM only starts from when you first use it.

GE

GEasked

Help line phone number?

Steve Napier

I couldn't call them as my phone wasn't working due to the faulty SIM!
No business would let me use their phone with the risk of such high international charges despite it claiming to be a "free" call. In countries where English isn't a first language conveying this to them wasn't possible even if ISDN calls could be made. I was cycling Slovenia and France and most budget hotels didnt have a phone in the room.

Heather S.

Heather S.asked

Is there good coverage in Portugal and Spain ?

corinne

Yes there is great coverage there & everywhere we have travelled in the world. We love it as its cheap & easy to use. We have told so many folks about this "wonder card" Cant understand why people use Roaming & paying huge prices. We don't think its advertised enough, so no one knows about it. We am just happy I saw the card on the desk of my local Post Office back in 2001 & used it every since, home & away. Go get one girl.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives