GO-SIM

4.1

353 reviews · Statistics

81% · 28741 · 12%

Rates and Fees
See the Best Travel SIMs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rad and Deb
Rad and DebVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Did not work. Zero customer service

We have not used Go sim before. We’re travelling to Asia and wanted a physical sim with text and data. We were going to scatter family ashes so needed a sim to work. When we arrived no luck connecting. Tried contacting the company. No response. Tried again via chat function. No response. Emailed on return home. No response. Heading to Europe in 2024. We will not be using this company. Really disappointing. $91.00 gone. Show details
Unhappy
UnhappyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Avoid

The web site states their international sim works on cruise ships etc. Well they don't . I bought 2 of their SIM cards, specifically to use on a cruise ship and they didn't work. Seems that their help staff know this because they asked "who told me they worked on cruise ships?" I then directed them to their own website and they said it was a mistake and their web people would change the website. That was two weeks ago and still the website says works on cruise ships. In most ports, including Los Angeles and Miami I had trouble connecting to the landbased networks. Thankfully they have refunded my purchase price. Doesn't compensate for not being able to use on cruise ship as advertised. Beware.
Disappointed3 posts

Terrible

Purchased Data after assurances our device was compatible. The data wasn’t accessible and the help desk incompetent. Promised refunds on two occasions. Two years later still no refund. Don’t Buy Show details
SteveNorth
SteveNorthNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Where did my credit go?

I wasted a lot of money on this thing. I spent over $70 dollars and made 2 calls and about ten texts and my credit was gone. When others tried to phone me, the line was permanently busy. There must be better options than this.
Tara
TaraQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Data good, voice terrible

Data was good through Europe with the exception of Santorini. Make sure you active your data plan because they will use your credit on data. Gosim sends you a text saying your sim has been activated but doesn’t mention you need to activate data separate to text and voice. I had trouble connecting through to 90% of European numbers - this took time to resolve which wasn’t ideal. Show details
Isabel
Isabel

Reliable and fast!

Very satisfied with the product. It served me well throughout the usage allowed and provided reliable connection even at the mountainous regions of Japan. The delivery of the sim cards were also on time. Show details
Pam
PamMorayfield

Pathetic service

I bought the International Sim for a recent South-East Asia cruise. I was charged for messages which were never successfully sent. I had so little internet access I could not activate my data package. When I finally got some free wifi, I managed to get the data package activated. We were in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam and Singapore. The data only worked in Singapore. Very dissatisfied with the whole thing. Will never use again.

Bronny
BronnyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Works but expensive

Shocked when I found out it cost me 75cUSD /min to call in China (75cUSD to sms). Even charge 9cUSD to receive sms. At least it did work. Less value in using it these days as international roaming on ordinary Sims isn't much dearer (and free to receive sms), also free WiFi available in most places.

Benny
BennyGold Coast5 posts

Rip off. Don’t waste your money

I bought an international sim from this company valued at $87. It was used up when I basically didn’t make any calls or texts or internet search. I sent several messages of enquiry and never heard a thing back.

Ross
RossNSWRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts

Waste Of Money

Used this card whilst travelling around Europe worked ok for data for the first month.

Terrible for phone & message all calls are trunk calls you phone the number then you get a call back to enter the number again.

2 or 3 calls & your phone credit is gone.

Went to recharge after a month paid an additional $50 to reactivate, the message said the phone was already activated after a week they cancelled my sim saying the phone was never reactiveated & you must pay more money.

Tried to resolve this issue with customer service they just kept telling you must pay more money to activate card.

Don’t be caught overseas with this company you will be left with nothing.& held to ramsom on unless you pay more money

Fletch45
Fletch452300NSW, 230016 posts
Eisus
EisusPerth2 posts

This is the worst network ever.They said 12$ plan for 15gb and now I had to pay 40$ .Was supposed to

Worst network with fake offers. I purchased a sim plan worth 12$ for 15gb and unlimited calls and texts but now after the payment they are asking 40$ and with no unlimited talks and texts. Better work on it

Dmytro
Dmytro

Travelling in South America

I just came from my three week trip in Chile and Argentina. I used phone service from Go Sim. Best score! I had coverage almost everywhere, signal quality - like at home! I highly recommend this company to all my friends. Very attractive price and excellent quality, my rate is five stars!

Margo
Margo
James
JamesVictoria39 posts

Slow and no support

I bought the 5GB China pack but when I got there, found myself limited to 2G speeds. I followed GO-SIM’s instructions to no avail. The online help form elicited no response and the IVR hung up on me when I tried calling the support number. On the plus side the rates were pretty good.