Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance

Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance

1.0

Unfortunately no zero star available...

Following zero changes to my home/life/work situation and zero claims, my insurance rate doubled in the first year (WT?), and now another 25% increase this year (again WT?) - so very wrong on so many levels. No explanation, no clarification, no notification, nothing. It is beyond comprehension. Absolutely scandalous and shameful.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeNo
Colin

ColinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service Great, Claims department Atrocious

Had to give one star because zero is not there to tick.
Lodged my first claim on my building & contents cover for a theft after many years with A&G and learned how useless my insurance is. Asked me about 100 questions over the phone about the burglary and harassed me for over an over. They will ask you for information that you cannot provide and will run you dry until you are exhausted. Despite having a police report and evidence, they will want you to prove the theft 'beyond any doubt' and make you withdraw the claim. Not sure why I have been paying this many years for this dud cover :(