Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance

Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance

1.0

• Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (2)
Alex W

Alex WSydney Surrounds, NSW

APPALLING CLAIMS HANDLING

We had a heavy door slam and shatter a window. Straight forward one might think. They send out an assessor, look at the window, confirm it shattered accidentally and it gets fixed, I pay the excess and they pay the difference. Not with this mob, a list of standard but entirely irrelevant questions. "Have you got monitored alarm system?" etc.. Won't provide a claim reference number until I go through their (most irrelevant) claims process. Another claims dispute going to reviewed by the insurance ombudsman. Don't buy this insurance unless you want to be mucked around !

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeYes
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Unfortunately no zero star available...

Following zero changes to my home/life/work situation and zero claims, my insurance rate doubled in the first year (WT?), and now another 25% increase this year (again WT?) - so very wrong on so many levels. No explanation, no clarification, no notification, nothing. It is beyond comprehension. Absolutely scandalous and shameful.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeNo
Colin

ColinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service Great, Claims department Atrocious

Had to give one star because zero is not there to tick.
Lodged my first claim on my building & contents cover for a theft after many years with A&G and learned how useless my insurance is. Asked me about 100 questions over the phone about the burglary and harassed me for over an over. They will ask you for information that you cannot provide and will run you dry until you are exhausted. Despite having a police report and evidence, they will want you to prove the theft 'beyond any doubt' and make you withdraw the claim. Not sure why I have been paying this many years for this dud cover :(

Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Auto & General Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance