AVM FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7490

AVM FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7490

4.2

• Number of Connected Devices 5 devices (3)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability

PanduALyons 2606, ACT

The best router available in the market

My Fritz!Box 7390 died after several years of excellent service, I bought new model Fritz!Box 7490 from the Internode. They preconfigured the router before it was shipped to me (thanks Internode), when connected it worked well and I got my NBN service back.

Thanks Internode.

Pandu Arkeri

Excellent value for money.

I had one replaced under warranty after 2 years faultless service then one of the 2 USB ports stopped working as a print server, was replaced within 2 days. WiFi is great in both modes, easy to set up, best modem I have ever used.

Purchased in January 2017 at Internode package deal for A$250.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
ISPInternode NBN 50 (Gold)
ModemAVM FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7490
dAsh

dAshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incredible modem!

This modem, has been in use here for almost five years, and I haven't had a single thing go wrong with it.
Two ISP's later, still totally rock solid and never a peep out of it.
Used between Internode and now Aussie BB, I can't recommend it more.

Purchased in August 2014 for A$300.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices

Barry Green

Barry GreenYandina

36 month warranty !

and they replaced it no questions asked when it was fried by an electrical storm. It's not often you find electrical equipment with a 5 year warranty.
No complains otherwise, it just keeps cranking.

Purchased in February 2016.

Number of Connected Devices 3 devices
ISPMore Telecom NBN
Charlie21

Charlie21Queensland

Good Product Always Improving

Modem is very easy to setup and use. It has more features than I could explain. If you have Voip its the modem for you as it has multiple answering machines and you can link phones to it. Block numbers and even use your Google contacts as a phone book. Great for wireless and wired networks. Has lots of reports that can be sent to you each day as to usage and if you kids need limitations to the internet guest access is the way to go as you can setup the amount of time and when they can use the internet.
A great unit and glad I purchased.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mischka

MischkaBURPENGARY

Worth every cent

I received a Fritz from Internode when switching to NBN - it came preconfigured - all I had to do was plug it in.

I've only had it a month but there have been no drop outs and consistent speeds of around 45 to 50 MB, which is what I am paying for.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
MaxG

MaxGMount Hallen

Simply brilliant: works, reliable, does DECT, VOIP, Internet (nbn/ADSL, etc.)

Marc C

Marc CAU

Best modem I've found yet - too bad it's not a default from most providers

I was using this modem up until recently and would prefer to keep using it but too many internet providers haven't picked up on it yet and that's a shame. It has far better functions and features than anything else I've found, such as handling 2 voip lines at the same time, usb 3.0 for shared drive, etc. It's now a backup and maybe soon will become the primary modem again. If only internet providers would support it more and not impose under par gear.

BM

BMWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Brilliant covers all connections

Nice looking unit and has phone jack as well I am on VOIP. Using it for NBN now, (fixed wireless) but it does do Fibre, adsl as well. Not had any problems with it. It was purchased because my billion was not capable of the supposed speeds I was going to get on NBN. But have the advantage that when I move, I will have a router that will cater for any connection. Expensive but worth it.

Sado0og

Sado0ogWallsend nsw

German product at its best

As an IT expert.... This router are perfect for everything.....

Its performance is exceptional.... Gamers will agree with me....

Rich of feature as media server.... Etc

I've used it for adsl/vdsl/extender never had problems

The best router there is!

The Fritz 7490 has an astonishing amount of features, including dual band, supercharged wireless ac data transfer rates, USB NAS serving and a plethora of graphs and info to show you were your bandwidth is going. I've managed to setup 2 wifi networks that can separately stream data over to devices serving my TV and mac, it's awesome! I had an issue with serving up a linux formatted EXT4 HDD but I contacted technical support over email and, contrary to other people on here, they responded in a timely manner although the info they gave me was limited and I ended up solving the problem myself. I think they would have helped though had I persevered. All in all, it is a brilliant device!

Emma S

Emma SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Decent router

I have found this to be a decent router. The signal strength is ok, manages to get through my stone walls, but have to place it right in he centre of the house to get signal in all rooms. Wish there was an option to add an antenna. Takes a different cord to my old router (Ethernet cable plugs into router rather than phone cord) meaning I have had to do some recabling. The interface is a bit dated, but easy to use.

WingNutter

WingNutterCentral West, NSW

Reliable & Fully Featured ADSL2+ / VDSL2 Modem Router

Symbol57

Symbol57Sydney, NSW

Good for small local network

jputting

jputtingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nonexistent Customer Support

The Fritz!box is a good modem with very good wi-fi strength and range.

However their customer support is Nonexistent, When call the 2 Australian phone numbers printed on the modems instruction manual you simply hear a long endless series of beeping sounds very much like a fax machine is using the phone line.

I repeatedly called both phone numbers at least 12 times per day over a 3 day period with the same result and never got connected to customer support.

It is a shame that the company which makes this great little modem has such shockingly bad customer support.

danny

danny

not happy

Brought Fritz box 7490 I would never buy one again because the customer support is terable when you find them up but never ring me back and leave messages and they still don't return your call and the worst thing about Internode don't support for port forwarding and they sell the modem when you try to play xbox one the nat type works better when it's open

krusty

krustySydney, NSW

The best Wi-Fi ADSL modem ever!