BankWest More Platinum MasterCard

BankWest More Platinum MasterCard

Pros

• Earn 75,000 Annual Bonus Points every year

• Earn 2 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases

• No Foreign Transaction Fees

• Complimentary Travel and Shopping Insurances

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for the first 6 months

Cons

• $160 Annual Fee

• Minimum $48,000 spend required each anniversary year to receive Bonus Points

• 1% Balance Transfer Fee

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and No Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000
Minimum Income $65,000
Additional Cardholders 3
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramBankWest More Rewards
Points Earn Rate 2 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 2 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 400,000 points per year.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay
Annual Fee$160 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Interest Free Period 44 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 1%

• Application Process
Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Twin wins - Earn more points

I did not purchase this card though, it came as part of a welcome kit with my house mortgage with Bankwest. This is perfect time to have this credit card since I purchased house I had to make purchases for my new house like home furnishing, gym equipment, etc. A bonus was that every $ you spend you earn 2 points which can be used for any online purchases and you have 45 days to repay. There is no annual fee on this card which makes it twin bonus.

Michael R
Michael RPerth, WA

Good rewards credit card

This was easy card for me to sign up for. It offers good rewards points as long as you spend enough per year. Standard insurances offered also. I would recommend to others.

MuzzJ
MuzzJPerth, WA

You wont get rewards if you use this card to pay your bills!

Not a good reward card! Since May this year, they changed their term and conditions. You wont get your rewards if you use this to pay your government charge (including Council rates etc). If you have this credit card, make sure you apply for another credit card from different banks to pay your bills.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how BankWest More Platinum MasterCard compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

MonkeyBaby
MonkeyBabyPerth, WA

Nothing to like or dislike about it

The credit card is part of our home loan package.
Easy to use
Touch go
BW rewards system is easy to use but at times complicated.
Also the annual points take a while to receive once the target is met which is a down side.
I do like how you can get multiple cards easily without being charged extra like ANZ does.
The benefits of the reward is a bit better than ANZ too

Unsure if the card comes with Fraudulent Activity Monitoring system like ANZ as we were warned once by ANZ of a fraud transaction made on our card so that was good.

Rates and Fees
Aazim
AazimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay Away From Bankwest

The credit card came as part of the Home Loan Package. The representatives only gave false promises. I was informed that I will be getting the credit card as soon as I apply for the loan. Due to which I closed my credit card with another bank. However, once I applied for the loan, I was told that will get the card after settlement. I was lured into it due to false promises and this caused me financial distress. Luckily I keep reserve funds or would have been stuck in a bad situation. Even the days they provide for credit is 44 days. Not really worth it.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Great card for shopping

I and my husband use this card for everyday shopping and online shopping. Transferring funds to this card is easy and only takes a couple of minutes. We find this card extremely reliable and we are planning to use this the next time we are abroad.

Helen W
Helen WPeel, WA

Great Rewards Program

Excellent card to take overseas as there is no transaction fees, travel insurance included, great rewards program. Used it to purchase flights and had help with dispute transaction, very helpful staff who proceeded to get my money back. Has an expensive annual fee but you don't pay monthly fees if you pay it out, each month.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Value for money credit card

Great value for money credit card. Includes complimentary travel insurance when airfares are paid using this credit card. Further, the card comes with 55 days of interest free. Only downside of the credit card is expensive annual fee, however if you have a wealth package (home loan) there is no annual fee.

lingaz
lingazPerth, WA

I would recommend anyone to get this card! It's got great features and the rewards program is fantastic! Get one now!
Very convenient card and I love the reward program! It offers paypass, so it'll now be more convenient to use the card on the go!
The card is very cardboard-y and not as plastic as some - I guess that could be a pro as it appears to be more environmentally friendly!

Balance Transfer Credit Cards