Bankwest Zero Platinum MasterCard

See the Best No Annual Fee Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A must have when travelling overseas!

I used this card for the first time and it was fantastic. No problems at all with no overseas transaction nor annual fees. I highly recommend this card when travelling even if you don't travel much overseas as there is no annual fees to slug you. It is useful for cruises which is what I had it for as no more pending transactions as they hold your money then you pay on top of those transactions at end of holiday but the pending transactions can take 2-4 weeks before they get released. Also perfect when booking hotels for the bond amount jusy do it on credit card. I should have got this card a long time ago!

Card Start DateMay 2019
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Only Fantastic for International Transactions

Only great if you use alot in overseas transactions. No Overseas Transaction fees make this card work like treat. Also No annual fees add up to the value. I have never seen any bank giving straight XE rates without even charging any transaction fees. Complimentary travel insurance etc all big bonuses.
Downside: High interest rate and High minimum credit limit ($6k Minm)

Card Start DateNovember 2018
Main Point of ContactPhone

No foreign exchange fees

My experience with this card has been seamless with avoiding overseas foreign exchange fees. I have had it for years and always take it overseas with me, and use it for online overseas purchases without any problems. Initial application was extremely painful as I needed to call them up multiple times to get it finally approved because they wanted to verify my income and there was a big delay, but since approval it has been fine.

Card Start DateJanuary 2017

Good for overseas purchase

I always use this card when I travel overseas as there is no foreign currency transaction fee charged and the exchange rate is usually better than currency rate. Also, there is a travel insurance cover if I charge my travel booking to the card but there are some terms and conditions to be complied with in order to enjoy this cover, e.g. the travelling cost charge must be above a certain amount. There isn't reward point program but I am happy with that as I enjoy free annual fee forever. Will keep this card forever!

Good backup credit card

I have had this credit card for nearly 2 years and used it overseas without any issues. It is easy and quick to apply. I do not use this card often as I have another credit card with rewards. So this is just for backup or using it overseas as it has no international fee. I use the other card's complimentary travel insurance so cannot comment on this aspect.

Good back-up travel card

I applied for this card around 7 years ago, as a different brand to my regular credit card used for travel (Visa), primarily in case temporary issues with Visa occur whilst overseas. No annual fee, no fees on overseas transactions. I've had no issues with fraudulent transactions, so I'm unable to report on their response. So far, overall very happy.

Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Good, until something goes wrong!

I’ve had this card for a couple of years now. I don’t use it often but recently had a transaction debited to my account which I knew nothing about. I contacted BankWest immediately and my card was cancelled and a new one issued. I have to lodge a declaration stating
that the transaction was foreign to me and after downloading the form, I could not send it to them electronically. I tried for over an hour, following their instructions, but in the end I have had to post. In my opinion, they do not make it easy to meet their requirements. I had to ring twice to get the documentation sent to me. I’m not happy with them and I’m considering closing my accounts.

Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

A good card if utilised correctly

This card has no annual fee, free travel insurance, and no fees for overseas transactions. It has no rewards but good for going overseas. Just make sure you pay it off each month.

Rewards
Card Start DateFebruary 2015

useless insurance policy

Bankwest platinum card (inc Zero and Breeze Platinum) provides insurance.
But, insurance policy is useless. All CBA group are same. CBA and Bankwest insurance policy don't cover any small electronic device (ipod, mobile phone and tablet). They are so greedy. They added it to general exclusion. I've checked other bank's policy. Most policies cover mobile phone and tablet.
Only all CBA group doesn't cover.

Don't pay for travel arrangement using Bankwest and CBA credit card if you need insurance.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

No international support - fraudulent transactions.

This credit card offers a great mobile app which allows you to trace all purchases made against your card. Also, the card is free which is just one of the many great perks of this international travel card.

I am currently in America and fraudulent transactions have appeared on my credit card. I have contacted the online customer support team (online chat service on their website) who are only able to provide an Australian telephone number which has toll fees attached to it. Long story short, if your overseas and you have a problem, you’re on your own.

No annual Fee, No international transaction fees

I have found this card to be worth having. There is no annual fee and no fees for international transactions so I always use the card if I am travelling overseas. It also comes with free travel insurance but I have never had to try that out. You don't get any points for using the card but I find the advantages outweigh that.

Rude customer service, then appalling lack of communication

Had a fraudulent charge of over $3000 on my card, which pushed it over its limit. Called to report it. Got an extremely rude Indian woman who gave me the usual spiel that it would take 7 weeks for them to investigate this. When I asked what would happen in the interim, as I didn't have $3000 and couldn't pay for this while I waited (I pay my card out) I was told very rudely to calm down! Excuse me for being upset that someone has hacked my card! She refused to let me speak to anyone higher and said there was nothing I could do but wait and pay the $3000 or leave it and they would refund the interest charged IF their investigation found fraud. I was emailed a form for which the ONLY return option was faxing. Who has a fax these days! I heard nothing from them until over a week later when I received a letter (because faxes aren't archaic enough. Who sends letters, how about an email or phone call) acknowledging receipt of my form. The ONLY way I could get someone from Bankwest to contact me was by filling out a survey about my "experience" with them. Even then, this person gave me no options or contact person to deal with my case. I even forwarded them details PayPal had sent me about possible fraudulent activity on my account to assist their investigation and I haven't even been given the courtesy of a reply.

Most disgraceful lack of communication! Don't use them!

Unsecure card- rude & hopeless customer service

bitten by this bank twice, first incident they sent an already active replacement card in the mail which went missing and if I hadn't raised the alarm, they wouldn't have known to block it. They don't find it unusual and unsafe to send an already activated card as replacement, so up to you if you want to continue with them.
2nd incident, complete rip off, I came from overseas realising the scheduled payment to pay off the balance did not go through, so I paid my credit off with 3 days!!! Delay not only receiving a $25 late fee but also $60 purchase interest, when questioned, I am lectured by a young rude girl by the name of Cassie, oh its your responsibility to pay it off on time. When I ask how she can help me, she says I can set up a direct debit to avoid this from happening in future. Don't let them rip you off and fool you by no annual fee. They love to see people suffering. Bankwest is nothing but SCAM...

Late fee if you pay on time

My first few statements were ok but the last statement that I received had a late fee.
Puzzled I looked at the statement and found that I had been charged a $25 late fee on the date that payment had been received and that the next line item was my payment on the same (due date) date.
I always paid bills by scheduling a BPay with my bank.
I called BankWest and they said the payment had been received 2 days late. I told them I had scheduled and it had been paid on the due date and it showed on both my bank statement and the BankWest credit card statement as paid on the due date.
They said I should pay several days before the due date as BPay sometimes has a processing time.
I told them that they set the due date and they advise the due date and they have advise payment by BPay is an option and they also showed on their statement that the transaction was on the due date.
This is a scam.

One of only two cards that suit overseas travellers.

For many years I have used a 28 Degree card as it it was the only one that offered fee free overseas usage.

Then when looking for a new bank for all my day to day banking I discovered Bankwest and it's Platinum Card which also has fee free overseas transactions so it now makes up my two cards to carry overseas (security, in case one gets lost or doesn't work). The other bonus is free overseas travel insurance which saves me a lot of money and hassle. (I've only ever claimed on credit card travel insurance one, and it was a quick and painless affair).

The card also offers extended warranty on things I buy, though I've never tested it. (I must be lucky that things I buy never break down)

Bankwest (and 28 Degrees for that matter) do have a small charge for cash withdrawals at overseas ATMs but it is so small it isn't worth worrying about and at home I can use CBA ATMs for no cost. There is no points scheme on this card but over the years I have found these schemes not to be worth their annual fee.

I have had no problems with using the card in Asia or Europe, in shops, hotels or ATMs. I find their phone service very good, and I am also lucky to have a branch nearby who are very capable, fast and don't ask silly questions like the bigger banks.

I have recommended this card to many people and they have thanked me for the advice as it has saved them a lot of money when travelling.

Best card for international use

I wanted a credit card that would not charge me a fee on transactions processed overseas (most credit cards apply a 2.5-3% foreign exchange fee, even if the overseas merchant bills the card in AU$. This card has no annual fee and no foreign exchange fee, plus the benefit of complimentary overseas travel insurance. Their call centre is great to deal with, and is located in Australia, with staff that speak clear fluent English. No issues when using several times on a recent trip to Japan and Hong Kong.

Useless Bankwest

A shop recently charged me twice for the same transaction. Instead of having a convenient way to dispute this charge, Bankwest wanted me to send in a Transaction Dispute form by Fax. It is as if in this day and age when Emails have become so commonplace and Bankwest is still relying on this extremely old fashioned way of communicating.

And then since there is no way of telling if the fax has gone through, I then sent an email through secure message and the consultant then proceeded to actually put my card on hold!! Like as though as I was the one at fault here. And he again asked me to submit their Transaction Dispute form by fax and all that nonsense.

Bankwest sucks, avoid like the plague! After this terrible experience I am going to cancel my card.
No annual fee
Bad customer service, overly reliant on faxes