Sound drops out

A bit disappointing, just purchased a Bauhn soundbar a few weeks ago and the sound / connection keeps dropping out

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Okay, but would not recommend to someone.

This sound bar was a little confusing and annoying to set up, after all the stuffing around to get it to work, I ended up having to buy an optical cord for it to work with the tv sound. Was a great little sound bar for the first 6 months (purchased it because anything is better than the crappy quality of tv speakers these days). I unplugged it completely for about 10 minutes, connected it all back up and now it's not responding to anything. It turns on, but you can't change the mode of it or turn it off after it's been turned on. Disappointed and won't be purchasing another. Disappointed that Tempo will only offer a refund and not at least an exchange.

Absolute junk !! Avoid

Straight out of the box, the speakers are separable...but with a 1.5m speaker cable in between. Then when I set it up with longer cable it pairs via Bluetooth to the sub. I had it for my bed aiming to use my phone to play Spotify. When I paired my phone and hit play the sub has a 1 second delay. I thought it might be the Bluetooth so I tried via the USB cable. It then kept failing to connect to the phone causing the phone to vibrate every 3 seconds and the sub kept beeping. Total fail of a product. Surely someone did some product testing before releasing it

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Out of sync

Purchased this Sound bar from aldi expecting it to do the basics such as producing sound at the exact moment it occurs on tv and not after, but unfortunately it failed the basics straight out of the box, sound quality ain't too bad considering the price but overall it's not a product worth buying due to its sound delay which can be extremely annoying if the audio isn't in sync with the image.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Worst Aldi Product and Soundbar Ever!

Hubby is in the doghouse after buying this soundbar. Huge issues with sound which cuts in and out when paired via Bluetooth, no matter which iPad device we connect too. The subwoofer makes a weird ‘doof’ noise and intermittently does this when turned on at the power point but isn’t being used. When we connect the soundbar to our tv it also cuts in and out randomly so we can’t even use it. Incredibly frustrating. We were much better off using our $70 soundbar from a retail store. Save your money and don’t even consider this product. Am going to request a refund.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Just a quick update - last week we returned the soundbar with original packaging (glad we kept it!) and the receipt, and we were given a full refund. So although we were not happy with the soundbar we are still very happy with Aldi and will continue to shop there.

Cheap don't waste your money

Purchased this soundbar at aldi and my experience with this product has being terrible. Sound cuts in and out every 10-20 seconds and after awhile the whole thing just turns off. Bass from the subwoofer is very weak.

Cheaper is not better and best to buy from the well known brands

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not worth it even though its cheap

purchased this sound bar in July 2018 with Bauhn 58 inch TV. Set up was very difficult and it took quite a while to pair the wireless sub. The remote is useless and doesn't work properly, the unit doesn't switch off automatically after 15 minutes after no sound is detected like the manual says so we have to do it manauly via teh unti becuase the remote doesn't work - fair sound for $120 but I think its worth spending a little more to get a soundbar where the advertised features actually work.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Save your money, buy a better system

My experience over the past few weeks.
Setup: was not too bad. The soundbar is not intelligent enough to discern active inputs on its own, so you must select the input manually.
The sub did not automatically pair with the soundbar, and had to be pairedanually. This took several attempts.

Connected to HDmi-Arc - the soundbar turns on and off as expected, volume control is administered by the TV remote. The audio slightly lags the image on screen. Audio drops out for half a second every 10-20 seconds. Bass is good.

Connected via 3.5mm to either the new Sony TV, ipad 2, samsung galaxy s6 on a brand new and properly shielded 3.5mm cable. Audio lags TV image by half a second at least. Bass is average. Audio still drops out for half a second every 10-20 seconds.

SPDIF - optical - to new Sony TV, with new optical cable. Sound lags image on TV by about a second, and still drops out for half a second every 10-20 seconds.

Other nags:
If the HDmi arc connection is delivering 5.1 sound, the soundbar can't down sample and rather makes no noise at all. Given that it doesnt/can't identify itself as a 2.1ch system, and that netflix often delivers 5.1ch by default, that means you're stuck setting audio preferences for many if not most shows you switch on, or else have no sound.

Great product

I have a Sonus soundbar which I love. I got the SoundMax soundbar for my daughter. I connected the Soundbar to my WIFI and was able to stream my music to the sound bar. The sound was very good crystal clear and crisp with good base delivery. The volume could be pushed up very high without any distortion. Unfortunately my daughter's TV was too old, more that 8yrs, and did not have HDM ARC capability so I was not able to get sound from the TV. I was so disappointed. If you have a newer TV it is well worth a try.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Better than Sonos?

Good sound from a range of sources, Bluetooth, internet radio on wifi, optical, HDMI, so whatever you're wanting to listen to, you can with a surprising natural quality sound with even reasonable bass response considering no woofer. For it's very low price it compares better than gear costing 5 to 10 times, recommend very highly!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Don't waste your time

Easy to set up, thats about the only positive. Bass is almost non existent. Poor sound quality. Not that loud, even at max capacity. My tv speakers are significantly better. Cheap, but not worth the effort. Better off spending a bit more for better sound quality. Returned it days after purchase

Date PurchasedApr 2018

terrible subwoofer

a very poor quality soundbar. the 2 speakers are pretty decent, but the subwoofer is horrible. you cannot manually adjust the sound on it and its completely muddy and muffled, and way too loud. very dissatisfied. i would never recommend this to anyone every. do not buy for any reason.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Better than tv speaker, but not overly so

Bought this at a recent Aldi sale for $70. Our Samsung tv has awful sound, so wanted something to help out, particularly with movie dialogue. Super easy to set up and connect. Sound is actually better than expected, but very little bass - not a worry for us, as we bought primarily for dialogue heavy films/tv. Remote is TINY! Unit has a habit of shutting off regularly, so you have to power on often. For the price we are very very happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Value for money

I found at first it was tricky to set up but eventually got it right. Tempo support people were helpful. I have been using it for just over two months and everything works well. Quite happy with the purchase. I understand that the product has now been discontinued by Aldi

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great sound.

Great sound at a good price. Only downside is it does not appear to have option to switch off Auto Power Down, which means you have to power it on with the remote every time. Build quality is excellent. Option to split the soundbar into 2 vertical sections. Nice finish.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Another good Bauhn product

The Bauhn soundbar & its bluetooth subwoofer is an excellent product. The sound quality of large flat screen TVs are awful, and this very affordable product gives you the rich full sound you were expecting. The soundbar has a good range of connectivity (RCA, Optical, HDMI ARC, Bluetooth) so it's very easy to connect to your TV. After moving the subwoofer around to try and stop the out of sync problem, I found placing it behind the TV next to the sound bar stops the problem and gives the viewer a rich all round sound experience. Remember to turn the system on every time you turn on your TV.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A good product let down by terrible service and support. REVIEW EDITED 5/12/2018 DO NOT BUY

I got this soundbar at Aldi and was most impressed by the product in general. I like the fact that the subwoofer is connected via Bluetooth so no extra wires. The soundbar has a good range of connectivity (RCA, Optical, HDMI ARC, Bluetooth) so it's always easy to connect

The subwoofer sometimes gets out of sync with the soundbar but this just requires you to turn it off and on again.

The biggest problem is the DREADFUL support from Tempo (the importer). My soundbar had a loose component and I called them to arrange a repair or replacement. I had to spend a week reminding them of Australia consumer law and in the end they send me out a second hand part to replace mine. This is a huge issue and I will be following it up with the relevant authorities.

UPDATE

My soundbar failed after 12 months. I had to take Aldi and Tempo to fair trading and NCAT to get the issue resolved. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Poor sound, slow response, but at least it broke

Owned for 2 days, before it broke. It just sits there with the red light on (standby) and won't power on, with the remote or the power button on the side.
The sound quality was rather poor (even for a soundbar)
Switching the input was tedious, as you only have one button that you have to press multiple times. The tedious part is that it takes 2-3 seconds before it changes input, and you can't press the source button again until it's done. So, even if you know you need the input 4-presses away, you have to press, wait, press, wait...
The coloured LED, that shows which input you're on, has several colours that look similar, just to make it more annoying.
As the local store is out of stock, we've been directed to another store, 45 minutes away, if we want a replacement. We'll be getting a refund instead, at the local store.

Failed within 6 months.

One speaker failed completely within 6 months. The other speaker (with the power connection and Usb port) crackles at anything beyond a low to moderate volume. They sent a return paid postage to return the item, but that's not a good outcome because you can't replace the item for the amount it cost and they will not repair or replace. It's ONLY a refund.

Date PurchasedJan 2017