For $129 you can’t go wrong

Disappointment was my initial emotion when it came to this product.
But please, give it a chance. Set up was a breeze just plugged it in and it worked. At first there was a few problems with the Bluetooth connection to the subwoofer dropping out repeatedly but I persevered and this problem seems to have fixed itself. I have now been using it for several days and it is working perfectly. For $129 I don’t think you could do any better. I am definitely happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $129.00.

Confused

Red light on soundbar keeps flashing, can’t seem to get it to work? Had only purchased this yesterday and it worked fine and left it on came back from work and it’s like this.. nothing in the manual says anything about a red flashing light on the sound bar?

Purchased in May 2019.

almost but not quite....

bought from aldi last week
setup worked fine
connected to samsung tv 7100 series
worked ok with optical cable.
did sub woofer test (see YouTube) and performed well. though no where near samsung n950 7.1.1.
tried HDMI arc but results were unsatisfactory.

when playing from s10 phone Bluetooth, unit paired ok but Bluetooth output faded in out for no reason. I given it a failure on this count.
went back to 2016 bauhn single sound bar, the original, connected via Bluetooth and worked perfectly!
so progress is backwards.
nb wireless woofer linked in ok.
SO it has to go back......

Purchased in April 2019 at aldi dapto for $129.00.

Good but with faults

When attaching it to a wall mounted Samsung TV with an optical cable the sound was improved however we experienced fade in and out that made it unacceptable. Selecting either of the two EQ options did not correct it and in fact we did not notice any discernible differences in the sound settings. It may have been an incompatibility with the TV perhaps but I will be returning it to Aldi.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $129.00.

better than I expected

People who have been disappointed/had problems seem more likely to write reviews, so I thought I should put something on the other side of the scale.
This sound bar is better than I expected it would be. I have a bit of hearing loss, which, despite hearing aids, means I have trouble making out what is being said on the TV. So my concern was good, clear sound, rather than lots of bass. I got this soundbar today and it is delivering in spades. I can understand every word. A huge improvement on the speakers in my (quite high-end Sony) TV. Excellent value.
Also, no problems setting up.
On the issue of durability, of course, it's too soon to say.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $119.00.

Price paid should have been $129, of course. Fat fingers.

Very poor item all round - big disappointment from Aldi

Never had any problems with Aldi products previously. But this sound bar - dreadful!
Instructions are absolutely appalling - are not instructions - really just a list of items. WARNING - all the leads are VERY short! Barely 1 metre long, which makes any reasonable set up almost hopeless. Went out and bought a HDMI cable - still no luck. I spent nearly 3 hours following the so-called easy installation instructions - dreadful! Having no luck, I then paid a TV expert to assist with set up - even he was beat. Luckily, he only charged me a small fee. The instructions did not match the sound bar - could not get a 'green' light to show. Instructions just dreadful.
Taking it back for a refund. Have used sound bars elsewhere, and noted how easy they were to set up and use. Not this one.

Purchased in April 2019 at Queensland for $129.00.

Waste of time and money

So disappointed in this product
Firstly the mini remote does not work even after installing a new battery, and secondly the optical link doesn’t work either. I guess I shouldn’t have expected much for $120.00 I’ll be returning this on Monday...

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI.

Aldi Bauhn Soundbar with Bluetooth

On sale at Aldi on the 23rd March 19 for $119. First impression was that it was quite a solid build and visually appealing however only one colour. About 90cm long, 8 D, 6 H.Comes with a couple of cables, an optical and a 3.5 jack. Sits on either its feet or wall mounting brackets (included). I found it easy to set-up with cables attaching to the back. The sound is crisp and clear even at louder levels. What I was disappointed in was the fact that it doesn't have that rich deep bass sound which I can get in my cheap $20 Bluetooth Speaker despite having an "Enhanced Bass" as part of its description. The remote's EQ and Bass/Treb functions make little or no difference to the sound. There was no problem connecting Bluetooth to my mobile phone and laptop. Not a bad attempt and it will be interesting to see the durability of it.

Sound drops out

A bit disappointing, just purchased a Bauhn soundbar a few weeks ago and the sound / connection keeps dropping out

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Okay, but would not recommend to someone.

This sound bar was a little confusing and annoying to set up, after all the stuffing around to get it to work, I ended up having to buy an optical cord for it to work with the tv sound. Was a great little sound bar for the first 6 months (purchased it because anything is better than the crappy quality of tv speakers these days). I unplugged it completely for about 10 minutes, connected it all back up and now it's not responding to anything. It turns on, but you can't change the mode of it or turn it off after it's been turned on. Disappointed and won't be purchasing another. Disappointed that Tempo will only offer a refund and not at least an exchange.

Absolute junk !! Avoid

Straight out of the box, the speakers are separable...but with a 1.5m speaker cable in between. Then when I set it up with longer cable it pairs via Bluetooth to the sub. I had it for my bed aiming to use my phone to play Spotify. When I paired my phone and hit play the sub has a 1 second delay. I thought it might be the Bluetooth so I tried via the USB cable. It then kept failing to connect to the phone causing the phone to vibrate every 3 seconds and the sub kept beeping. Total fail of a product. Surely someone did some product testing before releasing it

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Out of sync

Purchased this Sound bar from aldi expecting it to do the basics such as producing sound at the exact moment it occurs on tv and not after, but unfortunately it failed the basics straight out of the box, sound quality ain't too bad considering the price but overall it's not a product worth buying due to its sound delay which can be extremely annoying if the audio isn't in sync with the image.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Worst Aldi Product and Soundbar Ever!

Hubby is in the doghouse after buying this soundbar. Huge issues with sound which cuts in and out when paired via Bluetooth, no matter which iPad device we connect too. The subwoofer makes a weird ‘doof’ noise and intermittently does this when turned on at the power point but isn’t being used. When we connect the soundbar to our tv it also cuts in and out randomly so we can’t even use it. Incredibly frustrating. We were much better off using our $70 soundbar from a retail store. Save your money and don’t even consider this product. Am going to request a refund.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Just a quick update - last week we returned the soundbar with original packaging (glad we kept it!) and the receipt, and we were given a full refund. So although we were not happy with the soundbar we are still very happy with Aldi and will continue to shop there.

Cheap don't waste your money

Purchased this soundbar at aldi and my experience with this product has being terrible. Sound cuts in and out every 10-20 seconds and after awhile the whole thing just turns off. Bass from the subwoofer is very weak.

Cheaper is not better and best to buy from the well known brands

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not worth it even though its cheap

purchased this sound bar in July 2018 with Bauhn 58 inch TV. Set up was very difficult and it took quite a while to pair the wireless sub. The remote is useless and doesn't work properly, the unit doesn't switch off automatically after 15 minutes after no sound is detected like the manual says so we have to do it manauly via teh unti becuase the remote doesn't work - fair sound for $120 but I think its worth spending a little more to get a soundbar where the advertised features actually work.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Save your money, buy a better system

My experience over the past few weeks.
Setup: was not too bad. The soundbar is not intelligent enough to discern active inputs on its own, so you must select the input manually.
The sub did not automatically pair with the soundbar, and had to be pairedanually. This took several attempts.

Connected to HDmi-Arc - the soundbar turns on and off as expected, volume control is administered by the TV remote. The audio slightly lags the image on screen. Audio drops out for half a second every 10-20 seconds. Bass is good.

Connected via 3.5mm to either the new Sony TV, ipad 2, samsung galaxy s6 on a brand new and properly shielded 3.5mm cable. Audio lags TV image by half a second at least. Bass is average. Audio still drops out for half a second every 10-20 seconds.

SPDIF - optical - to new Sony TV, with new optical cable. Sound lags image on TV by about a second, and still drops out for half a second every 10-20 seconds.

Other nags:
If the HDmi arc connection is delivering 5.1 sound, the soundbar can't down sample and rather makes no noise at all. Given that it doesnt/can't identify itself as a 2.1ch system, and that netflix often delivers 5.1ch by default, that means you're stuck setting audio preferences for many if not most shows you switch on, or else have no sound.

Great product

I have a Sonus soundbar which I love. I got the SoundMax soundbar for my daughter. I connected the Soundbar to my WIFI and was able to stream my music to the sound bar. The sound was very good crystal clear and crisp with good base delivery. The volume could be pushed up very high without any distortion. Unfortunately my daughter's TV was too old, more that 8yrs, and did not have HDM ARC capability so I was not able to get sound from the TV. I was so disappointed. If you have a newer TV it is well worth a try.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Better than Sonos?

Good sound from a range of sources, Bluetooth, internet radio on wifi, optical, HDMI, so whatever you're wanting to listen to, you can with a surprising natural quality sound with even reasonable bass response considering no woofer. For it's very low price it compares better than gear costing 5 to 10 times, recommend very highly!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Don't waste your time

Easy to set up, thats about the only positive. Bass is almost non existent. Poor sound quality. Not that loud, even at max capacity. My tv speakers are significantly better. Cheap, but not worth the effort. Better off spending a bit more for better sound quality. Returned it days after purchase

Date PurchasedApr 2018

terrible subwoofer

a very poor quality soundbar. the 2 speakers are pretty decent, but the subwoofer is horrible. you cannot manually adjust the sound on it and its completely muddy and muffled, and way too loud. very dissatisfied. i would never recommend this to anyone every. do not buy for any reason.

Date PurchasedNov 2016