See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tash

Tash

Great

Brought as a gift. Works fine, great sound quality.
Looks great and easy set up. Fits well with tv. Easy to use.
The brand is good for the price. Good quality item

Purchased in October 2019 at Aldis for $199.00.

Stephen O.

Stephen O.Sydney, NSW

Good entry level sound bar

Bought this soundbar in March 2019. Was easy to setup for Optical and Bluetooth. Worked flawlessly until August 2019. The disappointing part of this purchase was the burning hoops that had to be handled in order to get a replacement.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $119.00.

Neil39Sydney, NSW

ASBWS 0719 (July) A box full of rubbish BUT 0919 (Sept) works.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $129.00.

Kris

KrisSydney, NSW

Soundbar

We stopped using this because of the sound and picture mismatch despite connecting it through all available modes. The sound seems to lag behind the picture on television. So we only use it to play music, which happens once in every few months.

Ewokk

EwokkGisborne

Not bad for price.

Really needed a soundbar as our tv speakers were shocking. It has great sound for what it costs. Unfortunately we couldn't connect via HDMI so it's connected by optical so you lose some quality but it still better than tv.

Sometimes we have lag with the audio to video but it hardly happens just turn it on and off and it's then fine.

tiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of junk

Worst speaker I have ever bought . Connection is terrible and has alot of problems connecting . Had nothing but troubles with this speaker since I got it . Wish I never wasted my money

Purchased for $100.00.

N.C. Kuzu

N.C. KuzuMelbourne

Junk: I took it back

The optical input had a terrible lag behind the video. Analogue lagged less but didn't sound as good. I tried all the TV settings and could not correct it enough to matter.

After a couple of weeks the right speaker developed a vibration that was getting steadily worse so I took it back for a refund.

Ben

BenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good sound but drops out

I was very happy easy to set up with HDMI auto on/off and sound quality is great. But from new after about 10 minutes of use it continues to drop in and out between the woofer and eventually altogether. Have to restart tv/ soundbar in order to work properly again. But will eventually start dropping out again. Last night trying to watch a 3hr movie, it occured 4 times.

Purchased at ALDI for $129.00.

Richard

Richardsydney

Auto turn off is infuriating

The good:
- cheap (July 2019, $129 AUD)
- relatively easy setkup
- decent look
The bad:
- Auto turn off if there is not sound that it needs to output. This was annying enough when I was surfing Amazon Fire Stick of content BUT It ACTUALLY autoturned off during a movie 3 times!
- Lack of display, too hard to tell if it is on or not. Especially if speakers are on the floor - needs to be eye leve of you to see the little lights.
- Subwoofer was delayed when playing songs on youtube - might be a youtube thing.
- Subwoofer would sometimes get signal even though it was right next to main speakers.

Overall: I don't recomment. Returned the unit after about a week. The auto turning off turing movie was the last straw.

Paul Winch

Paul WinchSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK except for Sub Woofer Popping

OK for the price, when it was working via Spotify , but lately the sub woofer makes a loud POP, POP, Pop noise even before Spotify is played. If anyone knows has a solution please reply.

Purchased in August 2017 at ALDI for $129.00.

Emma

Emma

Love this!

I love my sound bar so much, it has such great sound perfect for having a small party. Love it and can not live with out it! thanks :) x x

Purchased in January 2019.

GJE

GJEGoulburn Valley, VIC

For $129 you can’t go wrong

Disappointment was my initial emotion when it came to this product.
But please, give it a chance. Set up was a breeze just plugged it in and it worked. At first there was a few problems with the Bluetooth connection to the subwoofer dropping out repeatedly but I persevered and this problem seems to have fixed itself. I have now been using it for several days and it is working perfectly. For $129 I don’t think you could do any better. I am definitely happy with my purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $129.00.

Confused

Red light on soundbar keeps flashing, can’t seem to get it to work? Had only purchased this yesterday and it worked fine and left it on came back from work and it’s like this.. nothing in the manual says anything about a red flashing light on the sound bar?

Purchased in May 2019.

goomooky

goomooky

almost but not quite....

Purchased in April 2019 at aldi dapto for $129.00.

Ianthomo

IanthomoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good but with faults

When attaching it to a wall mounted Samsung TV with an optical cable the sound was improved however we experienced fade in and out that made it unacceptable. Selecting either of the two EQ options did not correct it and in fact we did not notice any discernible differences in the sound settings. It may have been an incompatibility with the TV perhaps but I will be returning it to Aldi.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $129.00.

Ceedee53Hunter Region, NSW

better than I expected

People who have been disappointed/had problems seem more likely to write reviews, so I thought I should put something on the other side of the scale.
This sound bar is better than I expected it would be. I have a bit of hearing loss, which, despite hearing aids, means I have trouble making out what is being said on the TV. So my concern was good, clear sound, rather than lots of bass. I got this soundbar today and it is delivering in spades. I can understand every word. A huge improvement on the speakers in my (quite high-end Sony) TV. Excellent value.
Also, no problems setting up.
On the issue of durability, of course, it's too soon to say.

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI for $119.00.

Ceedee53

Price paid should have been $129, of course. Fat fingers.

qlder4good

qlder4goodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor item all round - big disappointment from Aldi

Purchased in April 2019 at Queensland for $129.00.

harry

harrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time and money

So disappointed in this product
Firstly the mini remote does not work even after installing a new battery, and secondly the optical link doesn’t work either. I guess I shouldn’t have expected much for $120.00 I’ll be returning this on Monday...

Purchased in April 2019 at ALDI.

Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Aldi Bauhn Soundbar with Bluetooth

Sound drops out

A bit disappointing, just purchased a Bauhn soundbar a few weeks ago and the sound / connection keeps dropping out

Date PurchasedJan 2019