Beko DFN16420X (Stainless Steel)

Beko DFN16420X (Stainless Steel)

Wonderful

This dishwasher is a great machine that saves a lot of time and money for everyone. It has great features like super rinse, half load (for less than a full load of dishes) and 6 settings to make life easier. I use this every day and I highly recommend this to everyone. This device has no problems whatsoever and the only part I don't like about it is cleaning the filter but that is part of the dishwasher experience not a problem.

Terrible Service Dead on Arrival

Not satisfied with the service or the product. Purchased from Jb Hifi for my new house while on sale and kept in garage for about a month until flooring is completed at my new house. When plugged in no light came on. Contacted beko they said its out of replacement period of 7 days so you have to get it repaired that dishwasher did not even powered on single time. Contacted there service team and its been 2 weeks waiting for the replacement parts to be delivered by beko so their service company can replace them but still no parts seems to be coming. They are just playing the blame game now There service partner Woolley appliances in Melbourne says Beko has not delivered parts and Beko is just contact our service partner as we only have repair warranty not replacement.

Be aware of this Company will never buy anything made by Beko.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Much better than my previous Westinghouse

The Beko is a bit of a runt in the local whiteware landscape. Rates well in UK so I took the $579 risk and so far it's really good. Great optins in cycles and it helped that it offered an extended 5-year warranty (but I doubt any dishwasher under $2k will last more than 5 years) My last Westinghouse (Choice approved model BTW) had so many callouts, I vowed no more Electrolux products.

Real value for money

Mine is a family of 5 members and my wife loves cooking and tries all different cuisines. We use a lot of dishes and cutlery everyday as we usually try to eat healthy and try to avoid eating from outside.

We have been using Beko dish washer for just about 3 weeks. We were using Fisher and Paykel double drawer dishwasher, which was a nightmare. We had to repair it 3 times in just under a year and spent more than $545 which I paid to buy the Beko dishwasher. I wish I should have bought the Beko dishwasher when the Fisher and Paykel dishwasher which was just about 5 years old, broken down as soon as we moved to the current house last November.

We were planning to buy a German made Bosch dishwasher which costs about $1300 with only 2 years factory warranty and add extra 3-4 year warranty for about $200. So the cost would have been roughly around $1500. I went to JBHifi with wife and asked for German made Bosch dishwasher as we had done all our research and and decided to buy it. The lovely senior lady staff member showed us the various models of Bosch, Electrolux, Miele, Asko etc.

My wife just casually asked the staff which model does she use. She said she use Beko and she is very happy with it. Also said it comes with 5 year factory warranty. That really rang the bell in my mind. I quickly checked the reviews on my mobile while they were chatting and was astonished to see the great reviews for this product. We just thought why not we try Beko for nearly one third of the price we were planning to spend and will get 5 years factory warranty. So we decided to buy it and we are so happy so far.

It even cleans very dry and sticky dishes we use to bake, make curries and dry fries with lots of marination. We don't normally rinse or scrape dishes before loading unless it is burnt or too hard to be cleaned by dishwasher.

It has 6 different wash programs and we usually use Programme 3 which use 65°C hot water. It takes only an hour to get cleaned and dried. It has a quick 30 minute programme too which is good for washing dishes which are comparatively less dirty. We use the Platinum dishwasher tablet from Aldi and it does the job well as it used to be with the previous Fisher and Paykel dishwasher.

When compared to the double drawer Fisher and Paykel dishwasher, it uses only half the amount of water, electricity, soap tablets and time to wash same amount of load. We had to use the 124 minutes programme on the Fisher and Paykel dishwasher to get a same quality cleaning which Beko does in 60 minutes.

Pros:
The build quality seems to be good. The shelves and rails are sturdy and well supported.
The bottom shelf has foldable racks which is handy for bigger vessels.
Sliding and removable cutlery basket is very handy and helps maximum utilisation of space.
Five years factory warranty gives peace of mind.
Value for money.

Cons:
The rails get a bit tight to move when the upper shelf is pushed inside.
The drying could be better as there may be water drops on the dishes occasionally.
The control panel could be a bit more soft touch to operate.
No child lock facility
No remaining time display

Even if there are some cons, they are negligible and a matter of getting used to it. I would strongly recommend this product based on my experience so far.

Great reliable dish washer

After reading the reviews from this website I decided to spend the $480 on this model.
We installed it, turned it on and it cleaned the dishes to our satisfaction. There is enough space to fit your large dinner plates on the bottom level.
There is an option on how intense you want the temperature of the cleaning water to get for those dirty dishes.
Very user friendly.
Comes with a delayed timer for holdholds who have a electrical off peak smart meter.
Very happy and comes with a 5 year warranty!!!
Salesman even recommend this brand/model.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Does a decent job, great value for money

Had a few issues with it when I purchased it, manufacturing fault with a pipe in the underside of the machine. Called Beko support who arranged a service person to attend my home and inspect it that same week. Found and fixed the problem and now works very well! Other than that, the buttons feel a little cheap and can confusing to operate without the manual handy. But otherwise good value for money machine.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Best I ever had!

the dishwasher exceed my expectations! Great features, many programs to choose from to suit your need. Number of extra features, additional racks, bottle holders etc to make he use of machine even easier!!!! Easy to install and use. Good value for money, was quite surprised that is such a good quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good simple dishwasher that does the job

Low price is what I wanted in a SS machine
Cleans well using recommended tablets
Dries well
Only slight noise when pumping out
as good as a blanco
timer count down would be helpful
no salt required
no frill dish washer that just washes dishes well.
5 year warranty too

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Cheap and Reliable

Nice design for a cheaper unit.
Does what job it needs to do.
Standard functions for this type of unit.
Only issue i have had with unit is that it has a display why could it display the time left on the cycle?
The cycle options are great with a nice short quick one for rinsed items.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Value for money

On a general size load it cleans well, dishes come out dry. On heavy loads some cutlery is not cleaned.
My mother suggested this brand as she is now onto her second after 7 years and believes it’s as good as the premium brands.
Value for money this is great having come from a premium brand this has impressed me

Date PurchasedNov 2017

great dishwasher pretty quiet

It clean the dishes really well so far though on eco wash they were really wet there was lots of room for full sized dinner plates. Its pretty quiet when it come to noise. I like the options for types of washes. It has more features than our previous dishwasher. For the price im super happy so far it was so cheap almost the thrid the price of a miele

Date PurchasedSep 2017

This is a good lower priced dishwasher for those not willing to spend up big.

I purchased this particular brand of dishwasher for my beach shack. Being free standing means that I did not have to spend extra money to have it retro fitted into my existing kitchen by a cabinetmaker. I also like the fact that being free standing (and not built in) you can place items on top of the dishwasher and or use the top (which is stainless steel as a second food preparation area or to store items. I also like the fact that it is has rollers underneath it so you can move it around to clean underneath it. As I have not had a dishwasher before in my home (I use one at my workplace) I was not too sure, what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is no louder than the average washing machine and quite easy to use. The upper and lower racks come out for cleaning and to place items on and it also has the option of either using liquid or a tablet to clean dishes and cutlery etc. I also like the stainless finish and the fact that front fascia, which is easy to read and understand. It is certainly not the most expensive dishwasher on the market, but it seems to do the job of washing an average load of dirty dishes well. It also has a reminder function on the front that tells you when you should put a disinfectant rinse through it to keep the entire unit hygienically clean. Overall, it is a very reliable product that I have had no major issues with (other than learning to use it to begin with) I would seriously recommend this product for those persons who want a dish washing machine but do not want to pay exorbitant amounts of money for one.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good dishwasher on a budget

I didn't have this model very long as I upgraded to the next model up as I wanted the remaining time display.
I had used it for over a month. It washed my dishes well and I could fit quite a few items in. I liked the fold down racks on the bottom shelf which came handy for large pots and bowls. The racks were quite sturdy and the machine was easy to use. Noise didnt really bother me as I'm use to hearing the washing machine and I have noisy kids haha.
Cons: The kick board never stayed on (I had the warranty guy come out twice on the same day and he ended up just screwing it on lol). It didn't have a remaining time indicator which was in the description and when I inquired abt it Beko realized it was a typo on their end.
Over all it was a good dishwasher and cleaned my dishes well. Would recommend. Great price was $541 then.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great value

Cleans well & is easy to use. Only one fault the bottom tray rollers easily come off track when you pull it out. Otherwise it is pretty quiet. Plenty of variety for washing options. Have used it regularly for over a year & now problems. Was told they're serviced locally by sales person so great if I ever need anything done.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Hate this dishwasher with a passion

Had issues from the day it came home. Had to use half my body weight to turn it on but I was told this was normal and acceptable. Power button broke after 8 months and the whole panel had to be replaced. Within a week it was playing up again and showing various error codes.

Top rack only washes 50% of the time leaving a strange grime over all the mugs and glasses.

Poor customer service from Beko when you have an issue, lady I spoke with was quiet rude to me when I tried to ask a question. Was accused of lying by a customer service representative that insisted she had called and spoken with me when I asked why they hadn't followed up.

Updated - after 2 months of having no dishwasher at all because of 4 different faults that continued to reoccur and still no replacement from Beko I demanded a refund. Don't waste your money.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Love It

Dishes are sparkling. quiet machine with a cutlery rack not a basket. Not only do my dishes sparkle but my cutlery does too. It does a good job of getting rid of burnt on scum in casserole dishes. Easy to use. don't need to be a rocket scientist to use it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016