Beko WMY7046LB2 / WMY8046LB2 / WMY9046LB2

Beko WMY7046LB2 / WMY8046LB2 / WMY9046LB2

WMY7046LB2 (7kg), WMY8046LB2 (8kg) and WMY9046LB2 (9kg)

Great washer at a great price

Washing machine is great and was at a great price with 5 year warranty.
It has all the functions that most of the big brands have without the price tag.

Purchased for $469.00.

Noise Level
Normal

Poor quality interface

This machine seems to wash clothes OK but its software and interface are poorly designed.

My experience is this:

Turn on the machine by pressing the on button 3 times, sometimes more. I sometimes wonder if it will turn on or not.

When the machine turns on the status light says it's at the end of its last cycle. Press a button to cancel that even though the machine has been off.

Then try to start the next cycle: press the go button maybe four times. It takes a second to start so make sure you haven't pressed the go button twice and it's actually on pause. You need to wait for the sound of water running to be sure.

Disclaimer: I use this machine regularly but I did not purchase it myself. Thank goodness!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great Product

I wash all clothing types from clothes, towels, linen etc.
It has a lot of different cycle types, 16 in fact and you can change the water temp, spin power also.
I did find most of the cycles too lengthy, especially the cottons eco cycle which is 3.17hrs.
I usually use the daily /quick cycle that's 28min.
Washes clothing very well, I can keep my whites really white and it is delicate with the gentle items.
Thoroughly washes items and quickly.
Distributes the washing powder and detergents well and clothes come out smelling great.
Spin cycle is quiet which is great.
I was also interested in the anti allergy wash cycle and pet hair removal feature which is a bonus.
Great product.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Beko 9kg Front Loader, good but not great

This being the 1st front loader we have ever owned, drawing on previous experience is limited to the use of family and friends machines. Bought through Appliances Online; very prompt good experience from them. Only hiccup was the delivery guys didn't level machine properly.....VERY important step with a f/ldr; easy to do, just get a spirit level, level across front and front to back. All 4 feet are easily adjustable by hand. 5 year warranty from manufacturer (2 years standard, 3 additional yrs once reg online) does give some piece of mind. Washer is simple to use and very straight forward. Only requires cold tap as washer heats water; heating can be turned off for every wash if desired. Wash cycles are pretty clear, although some seem overly lengthy imo. Detergent dispenser could be better, especially for powder, seems fine for liquid soap. Generally machine seems quiet and smooth, with no issues 6 months in. Loader door could be a bit firmer and opening lock mechanism could be improved as feels flimsy. The one thing I would like Beko to change is the lock-out time when cycle finishes (around 1 minute); if this is needed at all, surely 10-15 seconds would be enough? Day to day clothes etc come out pretty clean with few lint etc issues, although not sure how it will perform on heavily soiled items. Overall good machine and have recommended to others who seem happy as well.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Packaging blocks not clearly identified

Very happy with the wash cycles But! A packaging block under machine was not clearly visable and identication ribbon was not visable at all resulting in a call out service charge to us!!! Something BEKO needs rectify, a sorry we will pass onto our packaging dept is not good enough!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Would never buy again

My machine died after 3 years, bought this brand new. The Pet hair removal function didn't impress me. The machine lost power a couple of times, then the display screen failed. It was difficult to contact the helpline, seeing they only open during weekdays. I wouldnt buy Beko appliance ever again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Amazing

I wash everything in this washing machine from bedding, towels, dedicates, cottons and synthetics. It gets used nearly every day and time and time again I have been happy with the way the clothes have been washed. I also love the timer and use that when I go out for a few hours and by the time I get home the washing has finished, ready for me to hang it one the line. I highly recommend this washing machine.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Per hair removal..... GREAT!

FANTASTIC!! even without pet wash cycle this machine is great. It removes pet hair quite well with and without the special function on. But when bet hair removal function is on (extra rinse cycle, does take a little longer) it removes 95% dog hair and we have a giant Kangal who is shedding. Fastest wash is a 14 minute wash for half loads. and 23 for a full load.. It isnt loud and doesnt make ant banging kind of noises... If you have a Snow dog or Mountain dog who sheds a lot of fur and want a solution, this is a good choice! the warranty is reasonable and the process is simple. all which needs to be done is, submit online.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great washing machine

I’ve washed everything from everyday clothes - jeans, shirts, underwear, jumpers, to large blankets, bath mats, towels etc. The machine does a good job on all of these items. It has never damaged anything. I mainly use the 14 minute cycle. For most articles, this cycle is good enough. The only thing I think could be improved, is the buttons have to be pushed quite hard to start the machine

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good wash programs and load size

This was a great buy for a large family we fill up the washer full each wash and everything comes ou super clean each and every time! Very little use of soap too. The programs are easy to select and have an option for all kinds of cloths including for our kids

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Amazing

Washes all my clothes and leaves them smelling lovely gets all the dirt and grim out of anything and everything, great idea to have all the different setting I have had my washing machine for almost 5 years and its still kicking I will be buying more brands of beko except for dryers as they are not that good.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Great machine.

Looks great and performs well. Is compact enough for a small apartment but big enough for family use. Functions are easy to understand and all wash cycles are explained in the instructions but are pretty self explanatory by their names. Can be noisy on 1400rpm, but great value for the money and quality of machine!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Perfect all rounder

This is an awesome machine, we’ve had ours for 3 yrs and it’s not missed a beat, clean clothes every time, looks pretty, it’s uk made so you know it will las for a long time, it doesn’t use your hot water, heats itself up, so no worry’s with using your hot water tank , best machine I’ve bought in a long time !

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Excellent value for 8kg machine

I bought this machine almost a year ago to replace a Samsung front loader which I'd used for over 5 years with no problems. I got an excellent deal from Appliances on Line $538 and free delivery. I like the extra fast spin speed 1400rpm and other features that weren't available on the Samsung, it is also much quieter than previous machines.
If I could find a fault I would like a warning beep when it finishes washing and also when it starts, otherwise I can recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love this machine machine

Cannot fault this machine using it in a laundry cupboard it’s very quite has a good range of washing cycles and is very easy to use. I often us 60 degree quick wash which is 58 min. It has bedding special cycles and hand wash cycle.

With 2 kids am very pleased at how much washing I can get done in one cycle.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great large size washing machine good for large family's

We've had this for a few years and been really impressed with how well it washes our cloths considering the load it takes being just under 9kl which is loads of cloths and heaps of sheets and Beding. Great option to have for large family's too that want to do a large super wash

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Solid washing machine

We've had this for several months now. It performs well, no issues whatsoever. However, I'm just personally not a fan of the plastic buttons (a little wobbly), and sometimes I wish there was feedback when I've held the start button long enough. Also, I'm not sure why it happens, but in this time, there have been two times where it seems ready to open, but it's still locked.

I think this product does a good job washing because when I emptied out the bottom for drainage and cleaning, there was no soap residue buildup. That in itself is worth quite a bit.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Excellent value and quality

From gentle to outdoor winters muck , all loads handled well .
Easy to operate and the price was very competitive . Attractive design , not bulky .
I’d recommend this machine for singles or families , small or large loads.
No problems handling pet hair .
Not noisey .

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Another Great BEKO product

Another great Beko product to add to my oven cooktop and dishwasher.
All the functions you would expect from a standard washing machine.
Has an animal fur catching technology which works well when you have pets.
No complaints from the Boss who uses the unit a lot (5kids).
very Happy with our Purchase and at a cheap price point for an 8Kg unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good washer

Purchased as had a similar one and the lock broke on door, and decided to spend extra on a new one other than waiting for door to be fixed, plus Jb took the old one away. Always good clean washing. Pet hair removal function not really that good. I've leveled it a few times but it still vibrates when spinning.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hi my front loader is brand new but I’m not happy as the clothes don’t spin dry enough I’ve tried the 3 spin settings any suggestions? Thankyou

What programme would i use to wash light terylene curtains?
Hi Shez. I have attached their manual so hopefully this will answer your question. https://www.beko.com.au/media/documents/BekoWMB71231LAUserManual.pdfThank you for your kind help. The manual was very helpful, I used the gentle programme with no pre wash, the curtains came out lovely..

Is it oka to change wash programs eg. 30 minutes on cotton eco then change to 28 minute daily quick?
Hi Jode i, it’s probably not the ideal way to wash given that each wash has a programmed cycle that is designed to clean your clothing. If you are looking to save some time with your wash cycle can I suggest that you select the “Cottons” wash cycle and select the Quick button. This function can be used in Cottons and Synthetics programmes. It decreases the washing times and also the number of rinsing steps for lightly soiled laundry. Thanks Matt.Thankyou matt ☺

WMY7046LB2 (7kg)WMY8046LB2 (8kg)WMY9046LB2 (9kg)
Price (RRP) $799.00$899.00$999.00
Capacity7 kg8 kg9 kg
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating 444