Benzac AC Range

Benzac AC Range

See the Best Acne Treatments in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stibz

StibzBrisbane

So far so good!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $17.99.

Kelly F.

Kelly F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Swollen limpy skin it is not worth it

I used the benzac 3 steps at 5% for no longer than three days.. And my skin now has small lumpy blisters all over I wish I could upload pictures.. It hurts so bad and I don't know how to get rid of them.. It is embarrassing this should not be sold off the shelf it should be behind the counter I wish I had of spent the money on proactive as that was what I originally want but it was sold out...

Purchased in October 2019 at Priceline for $34.95.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Acne SeverityMild
Bec

BecTasmania

Amazing stuff it’s been a real lifesaver

I’ve been using the 2.5% kit for about 2 months and I’m almost bump free I was suffering hormonal and cyctic acne nothing else helped at all, I’m so happy I found these products, couldn’t be happier with my results, I just need to get rid of the marks left behind

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Chantel

ChantelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t use it.

I’ve had acne all my life and only recently found out about benzac and thought it would help with my acne,so I used the 3 step benzac kit consisting of the Benzac Daily Facial Foam Cleanser,2.5 gel treatment and the moisturizer, with the first day of using my face became itchy and small bumps continued to increase with everyday of using it.my skin started to peel and my acne is at its WORSE ITS EVER BEEN.i don’t recommend anyone who has acne and hyperpigmentation to use this product

Purchased in August 2019 at Priceline for $34.00.

Acne SeveritySevere

Lauren

LaurenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brand New Person

Purchased in January 2017 at Chemist Warehouse for $17.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeSensitive Skin

Audrey76

Audrey76Sydney, NSW

Make sure you follow the directions for this product!

This product is great for treating a pimple now and then. Be careful though not to apply it on larger skin surfaces as it left me with noticeable skin pigmentation issues and never apply before going into the sun (I have white patches on my face). It must contain some sort of lightening or bleaching agent as my clothes, towels, pillow slips etc were discoloured from using this. I now only apply it to one pimple at a time when I get one in the morning and apply my normal moisturiser on top.

Purchased in January 2014 at Chemist Warehouse.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Acne SeverityMild

Elle

ElleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Using the 3 step treatment and amazing results

I have had acne pretty much my entire life (now 28). After having a baby recently my usual acne treatment was a no go so I got to the point of being fed up with my acne getting worse and worse as the weeks progressed. I used the 3 step treatment - cleanser, treatment and moisturiser. Within 2 days I have seen the most dramatic improvement ever. My acne has almost completely cleared with only some small ones remaining which are decreasing rapidly. Honestly incredibly happy with the results and worth every cent for me. This is something I will continue with. I am using the 2.5% strength.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $31.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Nicko

NickoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scalp Acne Cured

I am in my sixties and a few years ago started getting large red acne with white heads on the back and sides of my scalp. Tried many things without success till Benzac AC Wash 5%. I realise it is a face/body wash and they warn that it may bleach the hair somewhat but I have old man silver/white hair so no issue there. Absolutely no new acne since the first use.
I used it every day at first but have reduced it to twice a week at this stage with continued success. I wash my hair (no conditioner), rub in a smallish amount of Benzac and rinse after a minute or two.

Purchased in February 2019.

Changed my skin!

I started using this product about 1 month ago and it has completely changed my skin! After suffering from moderate acne for almost a decade, this has been the most effective product for me. Highly recommend!

Purchased in March 2019 at Priceline for $20.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Amazing product

As a 20 yr old male who’s had moderate acne for 5+ years this product worked wonders. I’ve used all sorts of face washes and scrubs from the supermarkets to no avail. I then came across the benzac triple acne control kit online and decided to try it. It didn’t really work that well at first but I heard it takes a few months to see results. I started in September/October and now in January I can see clear results. Most of my acne has gone or at least become less noticeable.

Kat

KatAustralia

Do not work for Adult Acne, Acne worsen

I was using tea tree oil for my face wash and rosehip oil to moisture my face. It was working very slowly but great. In hope to heal it quickly, i bought benzac ac cream. When first time i applied, i had a new acne popped up. I thought it is just a new one and stopped the use of cream for couple of days. As soon as i did not apply for two days, and continued with my normal products, it healed. This happened 3 times (including my partner trying once too and the same happened) and now i can confirm that this cream instead of healing the acne, is worsening the symptoms. My face looks worse than before. Wish i shouldn't have bought this product.

Tori32

Tori32Highton

Literally burns away the acne - strong but effective

Changed my skin so much !!

First of all I’ve tried so many products and I was about to go on minocycline but I’ve heard a lot of bad side effects of that antibiotics and then I went to the chemist and I bought benzac ac and it gave my results in 1 week :) I highly highly recommend it for people who are going through acne :) it will get Better

jord

jordHunter Region, NSW

Really wish i hadn't.

One of the first products i tried for adult acne, i really wish i hadn't. I could only use for a week or so before having enough of the burning, redness and pain that the products caused. I tried weaker strengths of the spot treatment and that still burnt.. After washing face it would feel so tight, stripped of oils and uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend to anyone, it's really not a great range.

Burnt me

If you want your face to be itchy, burning, peeling (dry skin) and tomato red. This product is perfect. I do NOT recommend. Do not make the same mistake I did!!!!

Amazing product!

Didn't Work :(

I used 5% consistently for 6 months and it didn't do its job. My skin is now dry and has more acne than before. I definitely would not recommend Benzac AC.

Almost instant result

I have been using benzac acne wash 5% for a few days. My skin has already started to clear up.
My skin feels tighter as it’s dried I think.

I noticed my grey face washer has orange patches in it, first I thought it was foundation and it won’t wash out.
I use it again and this time my face towel is 85% orange.

I rinsed my face with water after and pay dry with another towel.
Boom! Light orange on my other towel.

Works for pimples for me so far but please be careful with your towel especially if they are good one. They just gonna end up in the bin

SixteenYOSomewhere

Mixed Feelings TBH

SixteenYO

Update: my skin is 95% clear now! Very smooth, no bumps, only faint scars. Yay so impressed!

Used 3 times and WOW

Robin C.

Robin C.asked

I've started using Benzac AC 5% recently. I put a very small amount on and then tea-tree moisturiser afterwards, and it burns like hell all night. My skin is really dry and it's peeling around my eyes. I put it on yesterday night and my face is still sore all day. What do I do?

Patricia R.
Patricia R.

I would use 2.5 benzac gel ...dont use near eyes...use the same brand moisturiser...if still burning dont use ...not an expert ut hope this helps

Karabo.L

Karabo.Lasked

Hi,I'm also using the benzac Ac 5 wash product it make's my skin dry and it also peel's off so am not sure if I should continue using the product?

Road2Success

Road2Successasked

I don't have an active skincare routine. I kind of just wash my face then put on this gel. My acne has been getting worse as of late and just picked this product up in hopes of it getting better. How long do I have to wait minimum to have my acne clear up? I've only been using this product for ~2 days and there have been 0 results as of lately. Is there anything I have to change up, do I continue?

CategoryAcne Treatments