Benzac AC Range

Benzac AC Range

See the Best Acne Treatments in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Benzac? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Fast-acting
Available in 3 strengths
Good value for money

Cons

May dry skin
May not be suitable for sensitive skin

Rowena
RowenaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

It is not a gel

Very disappointed that this advertised as a gel when it is a cream. Have not found it overly useful. It feels nicer on the skin than the competitor’s but I think the other brand works better. Overall, disappointed especially since it’s not cheap.

Purchased in for $28.

• Ease of Application

Be careful! Causes more damage!

My face gotten worse on the 2nd day of applying the cream Benzac 5%. I stopped using it straight away and regret buying it.

Purchased in at Chemist Australia for $23.

Koko N.
Koko N.

So good, it's changed my self-esteem (4.5 STARS!)

Purchased in at moonee pharmacy.

• Smell
Jesica C.
Jesica C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The only thing that fixed my adult acne!

I've been on so many medicated solutions for my acne; antibiotics, creams etc and this was the one to fix it! I've been using the 3 step kit with the cleanser, cream (10%) and moisturizer for a month now and my skin is clearer now than it was pre-puberty. Awesome product and super affordable.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $35.

Mani
ManiVictoria

Somewhat effective treatment

Purchased in at Ninelife Australia for $16.

Rhianna
RhiannaSydney, NSW

This has completely fixed my adult acne

Purchased in at Priceline.

Jay
Jay

Literally love it, saved my life

My face as never reacted so well to any acne cream but benzac literally saved my life. For the first time I can leave the house confidently without makeup on! The only problem is that it dried out my skin but that is fixed with hydrating masks.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Penegeau
PenegeauSouth East Queensland, QLD

Drying and causes milia

Purchased in at Priceline for $10.

So excellent

My 14 year old son has been struggling with acne. I’ve tried everything except medication and certainly did not want to go down that road. In chemist, thought I’d buy Benzac. If it didn’t work, it’s just another thing. Two weeks later his skin is clearing and he’s feeling a lot better about himself. It’s brilliant stuff.

Purchased in for $49.

Tabitha
Tabitha

Only product that cleared up my adult acne.

Purchased in at Priceline for $45.

Amelia D.
Amelia D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Worked well and helped clear acne but smells disgusting

I noticed my skin was a lot clearer and less oily with this product in a very short amount of time. I didn’t suffer any adverse reactions but I did go a bit red after the first 2 uses but that subsided within a few minutes. The product was perfect for my level of acne but I didn’t like the smell all that much.

Purchased in .

Claire Marsia
Claire MarsiaQueensland

So far so good

I’ve been using the benzac ac wash for my pimples and it’s worked well in reducing acne. The first few days it caused my skin to dry up and flake away but that soon subsided and left me with clearer skin.

Purchased in .

Liz
Liz

It's fine, but didn't really help. The moisturiser burns my skin.

Stacey
StaceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible!!!

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse.

Tgg
TggVictoria

Use with extreme caution!

Be very careful. Mild acne went to more severe pustules. Flaky Inflamation. This should not be sold over the counter. Used it sparingly aswell! This is day 3 before/after pics

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in at Priceline.

Myne T
Myne Tasked

How long after I stopped using benzac ac 5 gel can I use other face products?

Mahelaqua j.
Mahelaqua j.asked

Hi, I'm using benzac ac 2.5 on my face.but it's making my face worst.. How I get rid?

Sofia A.
Sofia A.

It makes your skin worst before it gets bettter. Dont give up

Promise S.
Promise S.asked

Do I rinse benzac ac gel after applying it?

sarahjanegrau
sarahjanegrau

Features:

Benzac’s AC range contains two powerful ingredients – benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and Benzac’s unique AC technology. Acrylates copolymers are tiny beads that absorb up to four times their own weight in fluid.

The active ingredient benzoyl peroxide first kills the acne-causing bacteria that has multiplied. It also reduces inflammation and removes dead skin cells that are clogging your pores. Then, the AC technology acts like a sponge on the skin, making sure any excess oil is fully absorbed.

Once the excess oil is removed, the glycerin properties of the AC technology help hydrate your skin.

The treatment gels and wash are the only products within the Benzac range that contain benzoyl peroxide. The treatment gel comes in three strengths: mild (2.5%), moderate (5%) and high (10%). It’s recommended to start with the mild (2.5%) strength treatment gel if you’re using the products for the first time.

The daily cleansers and moisturiser have been formulated to prepare your skin before the treatment and provide relief and restoration afterwards.

What reviewers thought:

This product is affordable and rated as good value for money. It is fast-acting and many users find that it is very effective at tackling their acne.

Other reviewers had a bad reaction to the product and felt that it made their acne worse, drying out their skin.

It is recommended for those with mild to moderate acne and combination to oily skin. It is also recommended to apply a moisturising treatment after using the AC range.

CategoryAcne Treatments