Benzac AC Range

Benzac AC Range

See the Best Acne Treatments in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Benzac? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Fast-acting

• Available in 3 strengths

• Good value for money

Cons

• May dry skin

• May not be suitable for sensitive skin

penegeau
penegeauSouth East Queensland, QLD

Drying and causes milia

Purchased in February 2021 at Priceline for $10.00.

So excellent

My 14 year old son has been struggling with acne. I’ve tried everything except medication and certainly did not want to go down that road. In chemist, thought I’d buy Benzac. If it didn’t work, it’s just another thing. Two weeks later his skin is clearing and he’s feeling a lot better about himself. It’s brilliant stuff.

Purchased in March 2021 for $49.00.

Tabitha
Tabitha

Only product that cleared up my adult acne.

Purchased in November 2020 at Priceline for $45.00.

Amelia D.
Amelia D.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Worked well and helped clear acne but smells disgusting

I noticed my skin was a lot clearer and less oily with this product in a very short amount of time. I didn’t suffer any adverse reactions but I did go a bit red after the first 2 uses but that subsided within a few minutes. The product was perfect for my level of acne but I didn’t like the smell all that much.

Purchased in August 2020.

Claire Marsia
Claire MarsiaQueensland

So far so good

I’ve been using the benzac ac wash for my pimples and it’s worked well in reducing acne. The first few days it caused my skin to dry up and flake away but that soon subsided and left me with clearer skin.

Purchased in July 2020.

Liz
Liz

It's fine, but didn't really help. The moisturiser burns my skin.

Stacey
StaceyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible!!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Tgg
TggVictoria

Use with extreme caution!

Be very careful. Mild acne went to more severe pustules. Flaky Inflamation. This should not be sold over the counter. Used it sparingly aswell! This is day 3 before/after pics

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in March 2020 at Priceline.

Nikki
Nikki

Helps in clearing Pus out of pimples

I had pus breakouts on my skin during the bush fire season and the extreme smoky weather. I used this product as an initial step . It helped in safely clearing out the pus within 2-3 days but din't help much in clearing out the spot caused after it . It doesn't cause any irritation and is good on my skin

Purchased in December 2019.

sarahjanegrauGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BENZAC AC Mild Strength 2.5% Acne Gel

Purchased for $16.00.

Muna L.
Muna L.Sydney, NSW

flaky skin./not good for sensitive/ dry skin

not good for sensitive skin.i have been using this for about 1 and half month although it's side effects were harsh on my skin yet, no changes can be seen .It made my skin super flaky and skin peeling was pretty intense..It is effective for small pimples/acne but was not as good as i thought for my huge hormonal acnes also.The good thing is that it dries out the pimples fast and maybe the reason for the flakes around my pimples.maybe

Purchased in November 2019 at Priceline.

Elizabeth
ElizabethSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not a good choice for adult Acne.

Purchased in December 2019 at Priceline for $30.00.

Matthewm8
Matthewm8Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheap and nasty :)

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $20.00.

Stibz
StibzBrisbane

So far so good!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $17.99.

Kelly F.
Kelly F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Swollen limpy skin it is not worth it

I used the benzac 3 steps at 5% for no longer than three days.. And my skin now has small lumpy blisters all over I wish I could upload pictures.. It hurts so bad and I don't know how to get rid of them.. It is embarrassing this should not be sold off the shelf it should be behind the counter I wish I had of spent the money on proactive as that was what I originally want but it was sold out...

Purchased in October 2019 at Priceline for $34.95.

Myne T
Myne Tasked

How long after I stopped using benzac ac 5 gel can I use other face products?

Mahelaqua j.
Mahelaqua j.asked

Hi, I'm using benzac ac 2.5 on my face.but it's making my face worst.. How I get rid?

Sofia A.
Sofia A.

It makes your skin worst before it gets bettter. Dont give up

Promise S.
Promise S.asked

Do I rinse benzac ac gel after applying it?

Features:

Benzac’s AC range contains two powerful ingredients – benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and Benzac’s unique AC technology. Acrylates copolymers are tiny beads that absorb up to four times their own weight in fluid.

The active ingredient benzoyl peroxide first kills the acne-causing bacteria that has multiplied. It also reduces inflammation and removes dead skin cells that are clogging your pores. Then, the AC technology acts like a sponge on the skin, making sure any excess oil is fully absorbed.

Once the excess oil is removed, the glycerin properties of the AC technology help hydrate your skin.

The treatment gels and wash are the only products within the Benzac range that contain benzoyl peroxide. The treatment gel comes in three strengths: mild (2.5%), moderate (5%) and high (10%). It’s recommended to start with the mild (2.5%) strength treatment gel if you’re using the products for the first time.

The daily cleansers and moisturiser have been formulated to prepare your skin before the treatment and provide relief and restoration afterwards.

What reviewers thought:

This product is affordable and rated as good value for money. It is fast-acting and many users find that it is very effective at tackling their acne.

Other reviewers had a bad reaction to the product and felt that it made their acne worse, drying out their skin.

It is recommended for those with mild to moderate acne and combination to oily skin. It is also recommended to apply a moisturising treatment after using the AC range.

CategoryAcne Treatments