Big Dog Raw Food

Big Dog Raw Food

Big Dog Food for my furkids.

Best food I have ever fed my two dogs.
Rahni, my rescued Stafford (now sadly deceased) loved hers, as does my new rescued Stafford 'Nala'.
I will not buy any other brand of food for my furry kids.

Purchased in April 2019 at PetStock Physical store for $24.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Thanks so much for the review! We're very appreciative of your support of our products and deeply sorry about the loss of Rahni. With Love, The Big Dog Team

Best thing for dog health EVER

After losing 3 of my beautiful Golden Retrievers to cancer over the years, I started doing research into canine nutrition, which came as an offshoot of adopting a Paleo style diet for myself. I became absolutely convinced most dry kibble is garbage and contributes to the alarming rate of cancer.

When we got Riley, we decided he would only eat raw, and we cane across Big Dog. He has been on it since 8 weeks old - fish based, and he loves it. His coat is lustrous and shiny, he has heaps of energy, and he’s a happy dog. He gets Big Dog fish treats and I love the freeze dried salmon bites for him. Will absolutely be feeding him this for the rest of his life.

I often brag about it on online Golden Retriever forums, and Americans are jealous we have such an awesome food.

Purchased in April 2016 at PetStock for $23.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Thank you so much Scott, for sharing this with us. This makes us so happy to hear! If you'd be happy to share a photo of Riley with us we'd love to share your story with the whole team. Email us at info@bigdogpetfoods.com if you get a chance. Thank you again so much, you've made our day :-) The Big Dog team.Certainly. I’ve sent a collage and my favourite pic. He’s the absolute picture of health...and his coat is so lustrous and shiny, I get compliments ALL THE TIME (literally, I mean every time we’re on a walk) about how gorgeous he is.

Get it at Pet Barn

Yes my dog liked the food, BUT......some of the flavours gave him the runs, so I did not persue this raw food brand again because I was so OVER all his loss stools which was occurring about 2 to 3 days weekly and the vet couldn't find anything wrong so I put it down to the food, plus I didn't like the smell of the food itself.

Purchased in October 2018 for $25.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes
Hi Melissa, sorry our food didn't agree with your dog 100% of the time. This can sometimes happen if a pet is transitioned to our food too quickly, or with some of the higher fat recipes. We'd love to help you out further if you'd like to get in touch at info@bigdogpetfoods.com Thanks, the Big Dog team.Hi Team Thank you for your reply, its apprecited, I will email you right now to the email address you have provided me in this reply.

This stuff is awesome!

The food has been awesome for my dog. She had some skin issues as a puppy and we switched diets from Hills kibble to Big Dog. It all cleared up in just over a week so we stuck to the food. She’s now 5 and is super happy and healthy! Never looked back! She has no issues with anything since then and her teeth have been great, we feed dried for her to chew on mainly as well.

I recommend this food to everyone! We had a vet tell us to try it and we can’t thank him enough!

Purchased in December 2014 at PetStock for $23.00.

Side Effects No
Hi Jess, thanks so much for leaving this review. And please pass on our thanks to your vet too for the great recommendation! As a small family owned business, we really rely on word of mouth reviews and recommendations so can't say thank you enough. We're even happier your dog has done so well on our food. The Big Dog team :-)

My dogs inhale this food!

I used to make my dogs food which became impractical as they grew bigger. I went on the hunt for a commercial brand that most closely resembled the food I made for them myself (human grade ingredients, variety in proteins, variety in fruits & veg and no preservatives or cheap fillers). I was recommended to Big Dog by a friend and tried not be too offended by how much they loved it compared to my food. I needed to start using a slow feeding bowl so their meals lasted longer than 2 seconds! I follow Big Dog closely on social media and I like how much information they share about their food. My biggest concern when looking for a commercial food was trusting that my dogs nutrition wouldn't go backwards if I wasn't making their food myself. I've been using this food for over 18 months now and I'm so happy with this brand. I love that they have so many options for me to cycle through so my dogs never get bored and I'm confident that they are getting a varied, healthy, natural diet. Their coats are shiny, their weight is perfect and the vet always says "whatever you're doing, don't change it" when they have their annual check ups. Thanks Big Dog.

Purchased in October 2017 at PetStock for $25.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Hi JEHR, thank you so much for your kind words and we're sympathetic regarding your dogs liking our food more than your cooking ;-). We're even happier to hear you have found a convenient option you are confident in, in our products; that means a lot. The Big Dog team :-)

Big Dog Raw food for cats - the cat range is amazing!!

I feed my cat Big Dog Raw patties for Cats. His favourite flavours are Kanga and Turkey. I'm definitely crazy cat lady. I've grown up with cats. My parents and friends feed wet food and dried food. They're old, they're grouchy, their litter trays are SO stinky (it's awful!) and their coats are rough. Whereas my little boy is always full of energy, his poops never smell, his coat is so soft and he absolutely loves it!! I transitioned him onto it from wet food and dried food with no issues. Every now and then dad will sneak him some dried food and for the next few days his poops smell awful and he is very loud and naughty. As soon as it appears to be have cleared his system and his diet is back to just raw, he is back to his normal, not stinky, happy healthy self. I love Big Dog for cat and wish that everyone would take a chance to see the amazing before and after that I have for my pets overall wellbeing. I'm certainly impressed by the product and it's health benefits for my little furball.

Purchased in April 2019 at PetStock.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No
Hi Sheridan, thanks so much for sharing your story and the difference you've seen with your cat on his healthy raw diet! We love talking about poop here at Big Dog, it's one of the primary drivers for people to choose a raw food diet vs. a processed diet. We're so glad you've had the same experience. He is also SO beautiful by the way! The Big Dog team :-)

Wouldn't go anywhere else!

We love these products! Our two bubs are both on the kangaroo patties but we do alternate flavours. We wanted to go raw but did not have the confidence to feed ourselves as I didn't want to miss out on any vitamins or ingredients they were not getting. With Big Dog, their coats are ultra soft and shiny and we regularly get complimented on it. Our pug has lost weight following their instructions which is fantastic! They also have a probiotic powder that you can sprinkle over the food. Our boy has a sensitive stomach and we use this and he has stopped vomiting. In fact, during a massive heat wave our labrador actually got a bit sick in the stomach and after adding the powder to her food stopped being sick. Now we use this for both our dogs and they love it!

Purchased in March 2019 for $23.99.

Side Effects No
Thank you so much Shannon, for sharing your experience with our products. We really appreciate it. It's so heart warming to hear the health benefits a healthy diet can have for our pets including shiny coats and the weight loss you've experienced with your pug (who we can see, sleeping in your photo - SO beautiful!) Thank you again, the Big Dog team :-)

Best decision we’ve ever made in regards to my furbaby’s health

My dog has gone from such a fussy eater to absolutely thriving on big dog pet foods and never leaving a speck of food left in her bowl. As such a high energy dog I struggled to find a food she’d actually eat to compliment her very active lifestyle and maintain her weight.
With big dog pet foods not only is she able to maintain a healthy weight she is absolutely thriving on it. We get comments all the time about how gorgeous and healthy she is and I put it down ultimately to her food. Dinner time is now her favourite time of day whereas it used to be a struggle to get her to eat. I can have peace of mind knowing I’m providing her the best possible life she could have.

Purchased in January 2017.

Side Effects No
Thanks so much Steph, for your review! We love it when we hear positive stories of how healthy dogs are on our food and these stories are made even better when we know how much they look forward to meal time! The Big Dog team :-)

Big Dog is the ultimate raw food!

My dog loves big dog raw food. He has had it since about 6months old. He loves the kangaroo and fish. But really he eats all of them. He eats it so fast we had to introduce a slow feeder cause he loves it that much. We top his food or treat balls or snuffle mat with the freeze dried bites and he goes crazy for them. The raw bites are a great addition on a hot day I just add them as a raw cold treat. Definitely recommend to anyone who wants to get their dog on a wholesome, healthy, human grade diet. My dog is a healthy weight, has healthy poos and doesn't pass stinky wind. Raw food by Big Dog is really the best thing you could do for your pup.

Purchased in April 2017 for $28.00.

Side Effects No
Thanks so much for the review Lauren! We couldn't be happier to hear how much your boy loves his food and how healthy he is :-) The Big Dog team.

Our Big Dog diet is the key to my pups health

My two Frenchies have been on Big Dog since they were puppies and I wouldn’t trust any other raw food brand to feed them. I wa meticulius in my initial research checking the compny background, history, reviews, stockists and most importantly where they source their ingredients from. Big Dog was the most outstanding provider I found and I’ve never looked back. Their range is fantastic and meets all my pups needs. It is the greatest peace of mind knowing I’ve found the best meal k can for my pups. Thanks guys.

Purchased in March 2019 at PetBarn Physical store for $25.00.

Side Effects No
Jessie thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate your kind words and couldn't be happier to help keep Muppet and Bear as healthy as they are. They are stunning examples of their breed and such gorgeous pups. Big pats to them from us all! The Big Dog team :-)

The best dog food ive ever come across

My dog went from constant weight fluctuations and bad wind to starting this food a few yrs ago. My dogs weight maintains at a steady healthy weight. Not windy. Scoffs it down. Great packaging. Ingredients are fantastic especially being human grade. Price is good for feeding 1 dog.

Purchased in February 2019.

Hi RudolphandHermey, thank you so much for your kind words, we are so happy to hear our food has helped with your pups weight and digestive health. The Big Dig team :-)

fully balanced RAW meals.

The absolute best raw food meals for dogs. Human grade ingredients, no preservatives or additives, nothing cooked, not preserved, no fillers, no wheat, no grain, no rice, no pasta, just wholesome good balanced meals.
BEFORE using bigdogpetfoods raw...1 dog with pancreatitis, nearly died at 3yo(on vet pres food), I researched pancreatitis for 18 months, I found bigdogpetfoods raw/kangaroo, it SAVED his life, he's 8yo now, living, loving life, no flare ups......
I have a 2yo frenchieX dog, she loves her bigdogpetfoods raw, healthy, happy, satisfied..........THANKS for good natural raw food.

Purchased in February 2019 at Pet City for $27.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Thank you Yvonne for the wonderful review! We couldn't be happier to hear the amazing result you've had with the dietary management of pancreatitis with our food. It's stories like these that make us love what we do, so very much. If you'd ever like to get in touch and share some photos and a testimonial, we've love to hear from you at info@bigdogpetfoods.com Thanks again! The Big Dog team.

Good Well Balnced Raw Diet

I have always fed a raw diet, as it is completely natural, not highly processed like dried dog foods. I have made a home made balanced diet for many years, but will often buy some Big Dog when stuck for time, I board dogs in my home so home made can get time consuming. Big Dog although not as good as mine, is completely balanced, and I haven't found any dogs that won't eat it. Can't believe one review who cooks it and then said dog doesn't like it. It is a RAW food, not meant to be cooked

Thanks Julie for the positive review! We're glad to hear that our food is a great alternative for you when you don't get a chance to make it yourself. Kindly, then Big Dog team.

Excellent diet for my Schnauzer

My mini Schnauzer has had digestive issues including a serious case of pancreatitis. We were recommended to go to a raw diet, but I then found Big Dog Wellbeing frozen food in our Petstock store. She loves it, and she seems to be doing really well on it (2 months now) and no digestive issues.

Thanks so much Lilysmum! That's so wonderful to hear. We frequently hear positive reports of how well dogs with pancreatitis do on our food and we're glad your Mini Schnauzer is enjoying it and it is helping her health. If you'd like to send us a testimonial and a picture of her, we'd love to hear from you :-) info@bigdogpetfoods.com Thanks again, the Big Dog team.

My dogs wouldn’t eat it after six months.

I was happy to find this raw food available for dogs. At first my two small dogs ate it cooked and they ate it. They prefered Big Dog to even good quality dried food and supermarket sausage, so I was happy. But in time they became less enthused until eventually they refused to eat it - they would rather starve. In curiousity I tried eating it myself. It was inedible, very bitter. Sometimes it didn’t smell fresh when thawed too. I was shocked. So, sadly, I cannot endorse this brand.

Hi Mem, I think we may have spoken to you over email. It is common for pets to get bored with their food so this isn't a reflection of the quality of the product. The reason the food would have tasted biter to you is because of the offal content of our recipes. Our food is designed for pet palatability, not human palatability so it's no surprise you found it inedible. We also wouldn't recommend anyone eat raw food. Even though we only use human-grade ingredients in our food, raw food presents a hygiene risk to humans and should not be consumed. The Big Dog team.We will just have to agree to disagree. Some batches of food smelled fresh when thawed, others smelled rancid. Fresh offal has no offensive smell, so that is not the cause of the smell, nor a "bitter" taste- I use it weekly to make my own raw dog food now. I buy it fresh. I have been making it for the last five months from a free US senior vet recommended recipe. The dogs love it and have never got bored with it, although they do like variety, which I have always provided. I am dedicated to providing fresh, healthy, nutritionally balanced food for my dogs like you, but freshness must be assured. Unfortunately your supplies were inconsistent in that regard in my opinion.

My Westy loves all the flavours but I give him the kangaroo it's less fat

My dog loves all the flavours but I keep to kangaroo it's less fat wouldn't change a thing his skin even looks better.

Thanks so much Jill! This is so wonderful to hear and we're glad your dog loved his Kanga. The Big Dog team.

Sick, Twisted, Disappointing

Used this food for a couple years. I have a picky German Shepherd who actually would eat it. He likes each sachet in four, easy-to-pick-up sections when he eats, so he doesn't get his face dirty.

Tonight, he was particularly picky. So I hand-fed him. In one of the little sections of one sachet, I found what appeared to be a cat claw still attached to its base. Funny, the BEEF Big Dog RAW does not list CAT in the ingredients list. I sincerely hope that this was not a cat claw and belonged instead to one of the animals listed in the ingredients (chicken, beef, etc).

I was mocked by what appeared to be the official Facebook account when I brought it up on Big Dog's Facebook page. Hopefully I am mistaken, but it is very disconcerting.

Hi Kaiverta. You were mistaken. There is no way possible a cat claw would be in our food. The reason you received the initial response you did, is because instead of giving us a chance to explain this, you went to multiple review sites and posted 1 star reviews with your theory of cat being in our food. This can be really damaging to small businesses who take a lot of pride in creating quality products. We’ve had customers who trust and believe in us, let us know that yet another review by you has appeared online, of course we have reassured them of our product quality, explained this situation and would advise anyone who reads this review and has any concerns, to get in touch with us at info@bigdogpetfoods.com or call us on (07) 3285 7444.I thought I had only posted this originally in two locations - here, but originally on your Facebook page. I posted here because the response I got from the FB representative was mocking and didn't at all try to address the issue. You say 'yet another review' as if I've been posting it everywhere, but rest assured that I have not (this was months ago now, at any rate; I haven't posted anything since this review). My intention wasn't to damage anyone's reputation or to spread rumours, simply to express a concern and disappointment. I'm sure you'd agree that it WOULD be sick of any company or individual who did this. Trust me when I say that I'm relieved to hear that you can guarantee that cat claws can't possibly get into the food you produce. I'm very glad to be mistaken in that respect. My dog loved your food.

Stopped using due to the smell

I was using Dr B's BARF for my puppies until one day I came across Big Dog. At first my dogs loved it, it was similar to Dr B's, although not as fresh smelling. Given I have two pups, I was glad to be able to save a little on the price as Big Dog is cheaper! One the forth box, I started noticing that the smell of the product was becoming increasingly foul, rotting meat kind of smelling. So bad that my pups wont eat it now. First I thought it might be old - but it was still very in date, I use a box every two weeks and I keep it in the freezer until the day before I will need it - so I was doing the right thing. I decided to give Big Dog another chance, but after a second stinky box of food that the pups wouldn't eat I have changed back to Dr B's for good. It smells so much nicer - almost good enough to want to eat it myself!

Hi Manda, sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our products. We're also sorry for the delay in responding to your review. Generally, when there are smell issues with our product, it isn't a product quality issue but an issue associated with transportation and temperature issues. If you'd ever like to try our product again, we'd love to help. You can reach us any time on info@bigdogpetfoods.com as a 100% Australian, human-grade food brand, our product quality and our customers' experience is of the upmost importance to us. Kindly, the Big Dog team.

absolutely fantastic product

This is by far the best dog food i have ever come across. My dog digests the different ones realy well. Easy to separate the portion sizes. Been using for years and have never had a bad batch. Price is reasonable.

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you're pleased with our food and more importantly, that your dogs loves it! The Big Dog Team.

About Time!

Finally meat without preservatives!! I usually buy human grade mince but this is great! I stopped buying pet meat due to preservatives!! Fish & beef is great the dogs love it!! Good price, great packaging individual portions & there is no leakage from this packaging!!

Thank you so much for the positive review! We pride ourselves on being 100% natural, no preservatives, no synthetic vitamins and minerals, only naturally good fresh food. We've so happy to hear you're loving it! The Big Dog Team :-)