Big Dog Raw Food

Big Dog Raw Food

Pros

• Plenty of ranges and flavours

• Human-grade meat used

• Contains healthy ingredients for dogs

Cons

• Made some dogs sick

Luci
LuciGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommend Big Dog!

Quality food option for our 6mth puppy, he devours it, has fresh breath, it is packed with quality nutrients and his poop does not smell either! It doesn’t smell like canned foods either. Win for everyone!

Purchased in April 2021.

Lina
LinaSydney, NSW

Amazing dog food

Great dog food. Her stool comes out healthy all in one go, not like tinned food where she spends 1 hour pooping four different times to excrete small boblets. Would recommend

Purchased in April 2021 at Petbarn for $26.00.

RobH
RobHMelbourne

Simply the BEST!

Our 12-year old Labradoodle has had nothing but Big Dog Barf (Kanga) and in the words of our vet he is 'in perfect condition'. Now that we have added a young Cocker-Spaniel to our family, she too is on Barf Kanga and according to the vet is 'the only spaniel in Richmond that is not overweight'. She is super-fit and although now 9 months old races everywhere around the house with her Labradoodle 'brother'. She has given him a new lease on life, and the two of them couldn't be healthier.

Purchased for $28.00.

Smell
Dog Foods

The best food ever.

Our Boxer loves your food and has the freshest breath,great teeth and has no dog odour.
She has been on it for 10 years.
We also add Big dog muesli to her food.

Chloe
Chloe South East Queensland, QLD

Both my doggos thrive off Big Dog! Could not recommend enough!

- shiny coats constantly
- their poo’s are fantastic (as fantastic as poo’s can be)
- cleanest and healthiest teeth and gums.
- never once had a single issue with Big Dog or the product!
- would 10/10 recommend

Side EffectsNo
Julie Leeman
Julie LeemanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Our doggies love it

We’ve fed Big Dog Pet Foods to our pups since they joined our family as pups. We feed with high quality kibble. They absolutely LOVE it and are thriving. We love it’s so easy to use. Out of freezer night before and feed next day. Wouldn’t give them anything else.

Purchased in February 2021.

Smell
4Legs Natural Dog Food

Best dog food

I have 7 dogs two with allergies who thrive on this food.
I usually feed single protein for the allergy dogs but also sensitive skin which they all love.
I really like that the ingredients are human grade not often seen in pet foods .
Big dog makes feeding raw so easy no need to worry about missing vitamins everything your dog needs to be super healthy .

Purchased in March 2021.

daisy
daisySouth East Queensland, QLD

The perfect food for the perfect dog

My boy is thriving on Big dog, he loves dinnertime, shiny coat, bright eyes and at 8 years old still jumps in the air like a gymnast..if he could talk he would tell you all this himself.

Purchased in February 2021 for $27.00.

Nat C
Nat CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Food!!

My dog is thriving on this food. Devours it daily. Has a beautiful shiny coat, always looks fit and healthy - strangers often ask what we feed him because he looks so good. And yes, poo pickups are a breeze - teflon comes to mind. Would never feed anything else.

Purchased in January 2017 for $20.00.

Locutus33
Locutus33South East Queensland, QLD

Love at first bite

My dog locutus loves the food no side effects he enjoyed it a lot would get it again cause his tail was wagging he was happy and smiling a lot

Purchased in February 2021.

Smell
Shelby and Arney
Shelby and Arney South-Eastern Region, NSW

Shelby & Arney give Big Dog 10/10

Our dogs both have Big Dog patties as part of their daily diet. They love all the varieties of flavours. We always make sure we have a supply of Big Dog in the freezer!

Purchased in March 2021 at Pet Stock for $24.99.

Smell
jools59
jools59Canberra

They say you Are What You Eat!!

Well we think this relates to your fur babies too!! Our boys are now seven and have been eating Big Dog Raw since Roy suffered from constant ear yeast infections so we started to look at diet that’s when we came across Big Dog Raw, one pattie each per day, (put in the fridge to defrost the night before) we started on sensitive, then wellbeing but now rotate between salmon, kangaroo, chicken and wellbeing. Noticeably - no bad breath, less plaque on teeth no smelly poops. We only feed bones and roo tendons as a side treat, no kibble. So happy to have finally happy healthy fur kids - the proof is in the pooping

Purchased in March 2021 at Pet Stock .

Smell
4Legs Natural Dog Food

Alison P
Alison PSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog loves it

My chihuahua greatly enjoyed this BigDog Raw food. He had the chicken, the kangaroo and the sensitive. He always was very excited for dinner. I ended up switching to dry food because I was worried it wasn't filling him up but looking back now, he just enjoyed it so much he was looking for more. I would recommend this.

Purchased at PetStock.

Heather
Heather

My fur kids love this food, and the treats, they can’t get enough of it!!

Love the food and treats
No side effects and both have been eating Big Dog for 5 years, the only thing they don’t like is the chicken raw patties, but they have tried all the different meats in the range

dmcg
dmcgSydney, NSW

Convenient and balanced by nature! No synthetics!

Big Dog products have been amazing for raw feeding my dog. His fur always looks shiny as well as being overall healthy. I feed Big Dog with confidence that I’m doing the best for my dog. My only negative is - BRING BACK THE BIG BITES!!!

Purchased in March 2021.

Smell
Dog Foods

UnhappyLARRY
UnhappyLARRYasked

I have the same issue as someone mentioned. My dog we noticed when on big dog will vomit after 1-2 days yellow bile exactly at the same time each time. And her poops are very dry pellet like and causes her some kind of constipation. We know it’s because of big dog because we have had her on dry food only before and noticed that she never had the vomiting incident or dry poop. It’s only when we went back on the meat that it started again. Can anyone advise why this happens? Is there something wrong with big dog? We use the Kangooroo ones.

Sharryne and Mal
Sharryne and Malasked

I know that big dog is suppose to be a raw diet but my dog only will eat it if it is partially cooked. Is it ok to partially cook it without taking the benefits away? Does partially cooking destroy any nutrition that is essential?

Lucy W
Lucy W

From researching this before, you shouldn’t cook big dog as it has raw bone in it that shouldn’t be cooked. Hope this helps!

STEVE
STEVEasked

Is there a risk of big dog food developing bacteria as I've read reports that it can as it's not tested like human grade raw meat is. My dog means the world to me and ide hate his life cut short because of raw meat

Bas
Bas

I don’t know how risky it is - our dog loved it at first but now we are struggling. Tried the salmon today and straight away she vomited - it’s tricky because we can’t always find the one she likes in stock. Kangaroo she ate but caused constipation and apparently it’s not suitable for puppies which we didn’t know because their roo boxes still list a puppy feeding guide. Going to kibble would be a shame coz she definitely had worse problems in terms of diarrhoea with kibble.

Get an answer from our members and Big Dog Raw Food representatives

Big Dog Raw Food Ranges

Big Dog Raw Food sells three ranges of raw food, in frozen chunks that are designed to be easily dished out to your pup.

Core Range

• This contains red and white raw meat, as well as natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
  • Comes in 6 flavours: Combo (containing chicken, pork and salmon), Combo for Small Dogs, Tasmanian Salmon, Lamb, Beef and Chicken.

Low allergy single protein range

• This range caters to single-protein diets, which are usually suited if your pet has an allergy to a certain type of meat. It only contains the meat, bone and offal of one type of animal.
  • The 3 options in this range are: Goat, Turkey and Kangaroo.

Scientific Range

• This is specially designed to accommodate dogs who experience skin conditions or allergies, or need a diet that helps with weight loss, and/or aids good health for the joints, liver and kidneys.
  • There are 2 products in this range, and they’re designed for Wellbeing, and Sensitive Skin.

Points of praise

• The pre-packaged servings were convenient and easy to prepare
  • Helped relieve the symptoms of skin conditions, for several dogs, and also produced more than one shiny coat
  • Several pups savoured the enjoyable taste of this dog food

Points to consider

A raw food diet doesn’t suit all dogs, as there is a higher bacteria count than in cooked food or other types of dog food.

You’ll need to gradually transition your dog to raw food if they’re new to eating this way. However, it’s good to be aware that some reviewers reported that their dogs vomited or developed constipated bowels after eating this raw food, while other dogs just refused to eat their food.

As a point of note, puppies should never eat raw dog food (preferably sticking to special puppy kibble), as their immune systems haven’t developed enough to fight off the bacteria often present in raw food.

4Legs Natural Dog FoodAd