Big Dog Raw Food for Dogs

Big Dog Raw Food for Dogs

See the Best Dog Foods in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Big Dog Pet Foods

Pros

Plenty of ranges and flavours
Human-grade meat used
Contains healthy ingredients for dogs

Cons

Made some dogs sick

Slavka
SlavkaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Getting my puppy back to good health

My very fussy five month old puppy had a bout of gastritis after I fed her another product. She is having 80% Big Dog as she transitions from cooked chicken and rice and she’s doing so well. She finishes her bowl and is already looking happier and healthier. She is more regular and her poos are smaller. Her coat is already looking more shiny and she just seems more interested in her food and more content afterwards.

Purchased in for $25.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Pet FoodsSend a private message

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're thrilled that your girl is enjoying our food.

Chloe M.
Chloe M.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic quality

Dogs do super well on Big Dog patties and really enjoy their meals. Coats and teeth are lovely and healthy and using this product has helped with their weight management.

Liski
LiskiSydney, NSW

Highly Recommended

My 10 month old Frenchie has been on Big Dog for the past 2 months and is loving it. He’s coat is nice and shiny and soft and he’s overall health is amazing.

Purchased at PetStock.

Natasha C.
Natasha C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very convenient!

My German Shepherd had skin itching and dull fur. I changed his diet to A combination of Big Dog raw food and a small amount of a high quality dry food and his skin issues disappeared. He is very healthy, flowing fur and noitching . Plus- he LOVES it!

Purchased in at Pet stock for $25.98.

Kelly D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not great

I was told to try this for a good balance raw diet and i read the reviews. My dog loves raw meat but he did not like this. The smell is quite fishy and the product is quite mushy making it hard for him to eat. He won't even take a bite unless i add cheese to it. I feel it would be easier if it was a thicker patty style.

Purchased in for $25.98.

Kelly D.

Thankyou i appreciate your response.

T_L_O
T_L_OHunter Region, NSW

Not for all dogs

Rocco (English Staffordshire Terrier) loves raw chicken, chicken necks etc but was not a fan of this "Chicken Raw Dog Food".

First smell and he stepped away, very unusual cause he is not a picky eater.

I usually make up a batch of chicken, veg, brown rice & coconut oil slow cooked meal which gets swapped alternative days with raw chicken or roo meat plus his dry kibble Meals for Mutts - and he never gets upset tummy issues.

But this stuff gave him EXTREME bloating and the worst FLATULENCE ever known to man kind! (& I thought the hubby could let one rip... he has nothing on this dog hahaha).

Shame cause it is hell convenient all packaged up ready to go, but unfortunately it is not for this pooch.

Purchased in at PetQuarters for $26.99.

rebecca c.
rebecca c.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Didn't like it and made my dog unwell.

I thought I'd give this food a go as I prefer to keep my dogs food as natural as possible. He started on the lamb barf on sunday and had an upset tummy, sloppy stools and on and off lethargic all week today (Friday) I got home and he greeted me then went out side and was sick. I took him straight to the vets. Vet said that to much fat may have upset his Pancreas. A bone and this food was to much for my dogs tummy. He's had 2 needle an anti-inflammatory and nausea jabs. Hopefully he will be ok in the morning.

Purchased in for $24.99.

Smell

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Luci
LuciGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommend Big Dog!

Quality food option for our 6mth puppy, he devours it, has fresh breath, it is packed with quality nutrients and his poop does not smell either! It doesn’t smell like canned foods either. Win for everyone!

Lina
LinaSydney, NSW

Amazing dog food

Great dog food. Her stool comes out healthy all in one go, not like tinned food where she spends 1 hour pooping four different times to excrete small boblets. Would recommend

Purchased in at Petbarn for $26.

RobH
RobHMelbourne

Simply the BEST!

Our 12-year old Labradoodle has had nothing but Big Dog Barf (Kanga) and in the words of our vet he is 'in perfect condition'. Now that we have added a young Cocker-Spaniel to our family, she too is on Barf Kanga and according to the vet is 'the only spaniel in Richmond that is not overweight'. She is super-fit and although now 9 months old races everywhere around the house with her Labradoodle 'brother'. She has given him a new lease on life, and the two of them couldn't be healthier.

Purchased for $28.

The best food ever.

Our Boxer loves your food and has the freshest breath,great teeth and has no dog odour.
She has been on it for 10 years.
We also add Big dog muesli to her food.

Chloe
Chloe South East Queensland, QLD

Both my doggos thrive off Big Dog! Could not recommend enough!

- shiny coats constantly
- their poo’s are fantastic (as fantastic as poo’s can be)
- cleanest and healthiest teeth and gums.
- never once had a single issue with Big Dog or the product!
- would 10/10 recommend

Side Effects No

Julie Leeman
Julie LeemanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Our doggies love it

We’ve fed Big Dog Pet Foods to our pups since they joined our family as pups. We feed with high quality kibble. They absolutely LOVE it and are thriving. We love it’s so easy to use. Out of freezer night before and feed next day. Wouldn’t give them anything else.

Best dog food

I have 7 dogs two with allergies who thrive on this food.
I usually feed single protein for the allergy dogs but also sensitive skin which they all love.
I really like that the ingredients are human grade not often seen in pet foods .
Big dog makes feeding raw so easy no need to worry about missing vitamins everything your dog needs to be super healthy .

daisy
daisySouth East Queensland, QLD

The perfect food for the perfect dog

My boy is thriving on Big dog, he loves dinnertime, shiny coat, bright eyes and at 8 years old still jumps in the air like a gymnast..if he could talk he would tell you all this himself.

Purchased in for $27.

UnhappyLARRYasked

I have the same issue as someone mentioned. My dog we noticed when on big dog will vomit after 1-2 days yellow bile exactly at the same time each time. And her poops are very dry pellet like and causes her some kind of constipation. We know it’s because of big dog because we have had her on dry food only before and noticed that she never had the vomiting incident or dry poop. It’s only when we went back on the meat that it started again. Can anyone advise why this happens? Is there something wrong with big dog? We use the Kangooroo ones.

Anna V.
Anna V.

Sounds like a hunger vomit, my dog had it couple of times in the morning before eating when I fed him later than usual, also that was when we were still in the UK- so different brand, re dry poop- usually the bones make it dry

Sharryne and Mal
Sharryne and Malasked

I know that big dog is suppose to be a raw diet but my dog only will eat it if it is partially cooked. Is it ok to partially cook it without taking the benefits away? Does partially cooking destroy any nutrition that is essential?

Lucy W
Lucy W

From researching this before, you shouldn’t cook big dog as it has raw bone in it that shouldn’t be cooked. Hope this helps!

STEVE
STEVEasked

Is there a risk of big dog food developing bacteria as I've read reports that it can as it's not tested like human grade raw meat is. My dog means the world to me and ide hate his life cut short because of raw meat

Bas
Bas
See all Big Dog Raw Food for Dogs questions

Get an answer from our members and Big Dog Pet Foods representatives

Big Dog Raw Food Ranges

Big Dog Raw Food sells three ranges of raw food, in frozen chunks that are designed to be easily dished out to your pup.

Core Range

• This contains red and white raw meat, as well as natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
  • Comes in 6 flavours: Combo (containing chicken, pork and salmon), Combo for Small Dogs, Tasmanian Salmon, Lamb, Beef and Chicken.

Low allergy single protein range

• This range caters to single-protein diets, which are usually suited if your pet has an allergy to a certain type of meat. It only contains the meat, bone and offal of one type of animal.
  • The 3 options in this range are: Goat, Turkey and Kangaroo.

Scientific Range

• This is specially designed to accommodate dogs who experience skin conditions or allergies, or need a diet that helps with weight loss, and/or aids good health for the joints, liver and kidneys.
  • There are 2 products in this range, and they’re designed for Wellbeing, and Sensitive Skin.

Points of praise

• The pre-packaged servings were convenient and easy to prepare
  • Helped relieve the symptoms of skin conditions, for several dogs, and also produced more than one shiny coat
  • Several pups savoured the enjoyable taste of this dog food

Points to consider

A raw food diet doesn’t suit all dogs, as there is a higher bacteria count than in cooked food or other types of dog food.

You’ll need to gradually transition your dog to raw food if they’re new to eating this way. However, it’s good to be aware that some reviewers reported that their dogs vomited or developed constipated bowels after eating this raw food, while other dogs just refused to eat their food.

As a point of note, puppies should never eat raw dog food (preferably sticking to special puppy kibble), as their immune systems haven’t developed enough to fight off the bacteria often present in raw food.

CategoryDog Foods