4.5

Jasmine C.

Jasmine C.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent quality - improved my dog’s health!

Smell
Side Effects No
Francis Hector

Francis HectorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting for [name removed] to reply to me from 18 months ago?

I complained to the owner that I was not happy with the last few boxes of Big Dog Barf I purchased, mainly because the meat ( if you can call Mush meat) stank of offal.
His reply was they’d look at the formula and get back to me with a reply and a voucher as I’d bought 3 boxes that I ended up giving away.
18 months later and I’ve not heard back from them or him.
The so called meat is so mushy and truly stank of offal.
I now feed the SPD Raw and it looks like real meat and veg or Complete which is all ethically farmed pure meat, not meat meal, no bi products etc.
So yes Big Dog Barf you’ve lost me and a few dozen people I know.
Very poor service, shocking product.

Purchased in November 2018 at Genuine Australian Stock for A$87.00.

KatyAdelaide

Constipation

The dogs liked the food, but have been constipated since starting it about 2 weeks ago! I bought it years ago and returned it for that reason, believing there are too many bones, but forgot that when I bought some this time! Bones are the second ingredient listed on the Rabbit box. I won't buy any more. And like someone else said, the wrapping on each patty is flimsy once cut, with a lot of blood pouring out almost immediately.

Purchased in February 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Hammish The Horrible

Hammish The HorribleSouth East Queensland, QLD

At last, a truly great food !

Purchased in August 2019 at PetStock Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Noooooo thank you so much !

Michelle T.

Michelle T.Wimmera, VIC

The Best Dog Food Around!!

In the past I have made my own BARF with great success for my Dobermanns, But when got a new puppy, he simply refused to eat it!! So then reluctantly I switched to canned food! Now I have another puppy and I’ve decided to try BARF once again, and much to my delight I can buy it ready made from my local PETstock, how good is that!! No more mincing, chopping and mixing, it’s all done, frozen and ready to go.. And much to my delight both my dogs love it. They have beautiful shiny fur and are in great condition. Thank you Big Dog BARF for making my life so easy!!

Purchased in January 2020 at PetStock for A$22.00.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi Michelle - thanks so much for leaving this amazing review, it's so nice so hear you pups are enjoying their food and the benefits that come along with it. Thanks so much for your support and kind words!

The Team at Big Dog! :)

JRL

JRLWestern District, VIC

Brilliant!

We have been making our own raw food for the past 2 years. It was just a stroke of luck that we noticed this food at our local pet shop. Absolutely love it. We don't have to go to 4 different shops to locate all ingredients any more and the prep time is now zero. The condition of both dogs has improved also so this stuff is obviously better quality than what we were feeding. Happy pups and happy us. Cheers big dog!

Purchased in December 2019 for A$25.00.

Princess

PrincessNorth Queensland, QLD

Truly Wonderful Dog Food

I have been making our own raw dog food for the past 6 years, and have just recently switched to Big Dog Food. Im so glad that I did. Not only is it much more convenient, but the unexpected positive results Im getting with my dogs has been a huge plus. We have a Catahoula x Bull Arab and a Lhasa x Shiz. My big girl shed a lot of hair. I could vac every day and it still would be everywhere. Now - hardly a thing. Shes got less itches, coat is shiny and hardly anything falls out. Both the dogs condition is perfect. Both dogs love their dinners. Thanks again for a great product. We tell everybody about it and now have a few converts!

Purchased in November 2019 at Pet Stock for A$25.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi there! Thanks so much for posting this awesome feedback - we're so happy your two pups have got to reap the benefits of our raw diets and that they are loving their food! We're so thankful to have your support.
Kindly,
The Team at Big Dog xx :)

John boy

John boyIllawarra, NSW

So easy

Heaps good ingredients so much easier than trying to source it yourself.
Give my dog raw meaty bones as well as the barf patties .
Well done for bringing out dog food thats not garbage

Purchased in November 2019 for A$24.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi John! Thanks so much for leaving us this awesome review. It's so great to hear that you and your dog are loving our products! Thanks for being apart of our Big Dog Family.
The Team at Big Dog :)

Angie

AngieHunter Region, NSW

Excellent product

I wanted to feed my caviliar pup raw food but didn't know where to start. I discovered big dog for small dogs and he loves it, I also give big dog big bites and some meaty bones. This product is affordable, healthy and safe and easy to prepare.

Purchased for A$14.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi Angie! Thanks so much for leaving us this feedback. It's great to know your little guy loves his food, we appreciate it!

Kindly,
The team at Big Dog xx :)

Morri

MorriGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

General inquiry...

Hi big dog team. Just wanted to know if you need to use the probiotic powder with your food for the essential vitamins a dog needs or is this used for dogs that have sensitive stomachs and skin conditions only?

Holistic Gay L.

Holistic Gay L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It saved & healed my dog from colitis!

My dog been suffering from colitis and I did everything to help her. I read online the raw diet is best to heal colitis. I tried big dog and I chose it but over "proudi" raw food because big dog has vegetable with the meat for fibre. From the very first day, my dog's poop was little, firm and healthy.
And big dog meat is human grade which is a great bonus.

Purchased in November 2019 at My Pet Warehouse Physical store for A$23.99.

Alyssa K

Alyssa KSydney Surrounds, NSW

High quality, healthy and tasty!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$20.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior

Great food!

I have a very fussy beagle. He doesn't like kibble, rice, kangaroo, veggies... I purchased this after he suddenly decided he didn't like his other raw food anymore. We alternate between turkey and sensitive skin (fish) and he eats it so quickly, and goes back to his bowl multiple times to make sure he hasn't missed anything.
I'm also very happy looking at the ingredient list and its much cheaper than the other raw food we were purchasing. I'm very fussy with what we feed him (Ziwipeak for brekky, all his treats are natural and unprocessed), but am happy for him to eat this.

Purchased in September 2019 at PetStock.

MickeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect!

My Toy Poodle started on the Small Breed Combo and I haven’t looked back.
I had her on raw meat and she refused to eat dry food so the transition was easy. I found it hard and a lot of fussing to get all the vitamins she needed with plain raw meat but this barf combo has it all. Best of all, it’s so simple and she woofs it down. She is now 10 months old and has been on BD Barf for 2 months now.

Purchased in August 2019 at pet stock for A$24.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Mickey

Hi there BD, I forgot to mention, as I left the store with my purchase, your nice rep gave me some advice on transition. Great customer service too. Cheers

Fortune_Giselle

Fortune_GiselleBrisbane

Highly Recommend the Kanga for Cats

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Emily

EmilyDarling Downs, QLD

Dog loved it but..

My German Shepard pup absolutely loves it however it gives him the worst diarrhoea which is a shame because it’s so affordable and such good quality, might go back to it when he’s older

Purchased in July 2019 at Pet stock.

Finn

FinnHobart, TAS

Finn just loves Big Dog ..

Finn is a Kelpie/Border Collie X. .Runs 10 /15 ks on the beach everyday .Swims all year round .Never runs out of energy .Just loves his Big Dog for dinner .I buy the combo pack to mix it up a bit

Purchased in June 2019 at Animal Tuckerbox for A$25.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thanks so much for this awesome feedback! We’re thrilled that Finn is loving and thriving on our food.

Chloe

ChloeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

KAOS LOVES IT! For a fussy dog he destroys it in a heart beat !

I have a German shepherd called KAOS! He’s a very fussy eater and I’ve tried so many different things even RAW but he just didn’t like it until I got told about Bigdog. WOW what can I say he absolutely loves it! He’s now excited about breakfast & dinner because of the BIGDOG LAMB! Absolute_kaos1 Instagram !!

Purchased in January 2019 at PetStock for A$28.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Thanks so much Chloe for the review and the support! We love Kaos over here! It's awesome to see that dogs are getting excited for their food again and we're happy Kaos loves his dinners.

The Big Dog Team xx

TMG

TMGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big Dog Food for my furkids.

Best food I have ever fed my two dogs.
Rahni, my rescued Stafford (now sadly deceased) loved hers, as does my new rescued Stafford 'Nala'.
I will not buy any other brand of food for my furry kids.

Purchased in April 2019 at PetStock Physical store for A$24.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Scott RSydney, NSW

Best thing for dog health EVER

Purchased in April 2016 at PetStock for A$23.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Scott R

Certainly. I’ve sent a collage and my favourite pic. He’s the absolute picture of health...and his coat is so lustrous and shiny, I get compliments ALL THE TIME (literally, I mean every time we’re on a walk) about how gorgeous he is.

Donna

Donnaasked

Hi Just wondered if any of your customers had a problem with their dog. One of our staffies (10) has started vomiting yellow bile the last couple of days after eating Big Dog Chicken. I feed them Big Dog in the morning half each with veggies. I started the girls on this about 4 weeks ago. She usually vomits (last two days) around 3 in the afternoon. They have dry around 4pm. I wonder if there is a less fatty choice (BigDog Chicken) or maybe nothing to do with the food, just trying to eliminate what might be wrong. Thanks Donna

Katy

Hi.... I can't help you with the problem, but I bought Big Dog recently and found they have far more crushed bones than Dr B's BARF, so I went back to that. My dog's were quite constipated on Big Dog.

Sharon

Sharonasked

My welsh springer puppy is very itchy. She has been raised on only raw food- dr barf and big dog alternated with chicken wings & frames. Can u suggest what should I try plz. I bought the combo patties and a vet suggested I cut out chicken.
Thanks sharon

Try Big Dog Kangaroo as it's a single source protein and it helped though hasn't eliminated our Reggies itching. We have come to the conclusion that Reggies itching does seem to be seasonal and products that contain Neem have helped.

Hi Sharon!
Thanks for getting in touch with us. We have a few recipes for issues like this and yes we would also recommend cutting out chicken.

The recipes, Kanga, Turkey, Wellbeing and Sensitive Skin are all chicken-free and we have seen them work wonders with pets who have itchy skin. I would first recommend Sensitive Skin as it has added natural Omega's to help assist gaining a healthy coat for your girl. :)
Hope this helps! Let us know if this works for you or feel free to email us at info@bigdogpetfoods.com

The team at Big Dog xx

gloria_birdsallasked

Would a change from dry grain free dry food be okay for our senior labrador/staffy?
She has been doing well on Ivory Coat Ocean Fish for many years but recently has to be coaxed to eat (she is 13-1/2 yrs). Had skin problems when younger but grain free seemed to fix that.

Big Dog Pet FoodsBig Dog Raw Food

Hi Gloria, thanks for getting in touch with us. Our food would be great for your senior pup! I would recommend our Wellbeing range as it's a great low-fat option for senior dogs and it packed with superfoods to help in maintaining healthy joints. If this is her first time trying raw food we definitely recommending transitioning over a 10-12 day period, slowly increasing her Big Dog portion in the following ratios:
Day 1-3: 20% New 80% Old
Day 4-6: 40% New 60% Old
Day 7-9: 60% New 40% Old
Day 10-12: 80% New 20% Old
Day 12+: 100% New Diet.
All our recipes are great for skin health as they contain no cheap fillers or any synthetic vitamins or minerals. She would need to be fed around 2% of her bodyweight in food.
I hope this information helps and don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you had any other questions! You can reach us here: info@bigdogpetfoods.com

Dayna from Big Dog :)